Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

8,505 replies to this topic
JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:35 AM

I like mods but everytime I disable or delete a mod I always end up starting again because I'm paranoid of breaking my save. I've started again more times than a gold digger looking for their next victim to exploit.

f*cking hate having to clear my cache too everytime I disable, re-order or delete a mod, especially because I have to manually turn off my Xbox One to do it instead of clearing it through a menu like on 360.

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:43 PM

Glad i waited for the price drop, id be pissed if i bought this game full price lol so i finally got it and for a remaster, it looks exactly like the ps3 version. I was expecting the gameplay to feel a little different but it feels exactly the same. Not smooth. I had my fun with skyrim last gen though , im going to return it tomorrow. Too clonky for a p4 game

Veroder
  • Veroder

That guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:33 PM Edited by Veroder, 27 February 2017 - 02:33 PM.

What did you expect? Of course it feels the same. And while it's certainly not the prettiest game out there, it still looks and runs a hundred times better than it ever did on the PS3.

• Mister Pink likes this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:32 PM

Glad i waited for the price drop, id be pissed if i bought this game full price lol so i finally got it and for a remaster, it looks exactly like the ps3 version. I was expecting the gameplay to feel a little different but it feels exactly the same. Not smooth. I had my fun with skyrim last gen though , im going to return it tomorrow. Too clonky for a p4 game

Why didn't you look it up on Youtube first then? That's how I see if I'd be interested in a game. No point wasting cash on a game I haven't even properly seen yet.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

мистер роз

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:46 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 27 February 2017 - 09:49 PM.

To be honest it took a few hours for me to start noticing the difference. The graphics really shine when it's sunset/sunrise and all the new lighting effects come in to play. Also, there's remembering what game looked like in your head and the reality of it. I suggest playing it for a few more hours. Usually the first sit down with a game, I find is adjusting time. Even going back to an old game like Bully, I thought it looked bad but the second and third time I put it on, it felt like I was looking at those graphics at the time. 

Play a few more hours and then go look at the PS3 version. Then you'll realise how much it's improved. 

Also, turn the depth of field off. As a photographer, I'm appalled at the misuse of depth of field where it's unnecessarily thrown in to games now, especially they they try to make it dynamic, usually it activates when it's unneeded. You'll appreciate the draw distance. 

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:55 PM

DOF is only appropriate in cutscenes IMO, and only if it's subtle enough just to give more focus to the characters and other important things in the scene. That's why it exists in the movies, isn't it? As far as gameplay DOF is concerned, it can be useful to hide bad LOD in the distance. Especially bad foliage.

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

мистер роз

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:38 AM

DOF is only appropriate in cutscenes IMO, and only if it's subtle enough just to give more focus to the characters and other important things in the scene. That's why it exists in the movies, isn't it? As far as gameplay DOF is concerned, it can be useful to hide bad LOD in the distance. Especially bad foliage.

I agree with you. I can see it was used heavily in GTA IV but didn't look natural to me. Everything looked too soft. Great use of it in The Witcher. It's not on the open-world but it's used tastefully in cutscenes. 

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:46 AM

Why didn't you look it up on Youtube first then? That's how I see if I'd be interested in a game. No point wasting cash on a game I haven't even properly seen yet.

Its not wasting cash if i can get the same amount of cash that i payed back at gamestop. I still have the game for ps3 tho but idk why i just thought it would be some sort of noticable difference. But im not mad

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:56 AM

It's been almost three years since my first time playing this game and I finally did it. I finally got around to acquiring the last two trophies that I needed for the platinum.
0GHtW0I.jpg
  • Mister Pink and Vanto like this

Zyo
  • Zyo

GTAF Crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Scotland

Posted A week ago

Just looking on Steam at my game hours, it came up in a facebook discussion of 100+ hours of games and I have quite a few that are cracking on for 1000, but Skyrim somehow has 2398 hours logged, thats 2 hours away from 100 full days... Am I a freak?

Whats everyone at?

• Mister Pink likes this

Travedge
  • Travedge

A man in motion feels no emotion

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Jeez I should look up my stats on 360, ps3 an now ps4. Got to be over 2000 total at least, an counting.
  • Mister Pink likes this

fashion
  • fashion

No More Slots

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

Got over 800 on the 360 but if I had to count the deleted characters, my first character who had over 160 hours and got overwritten, times I died without saving in the wild then it's easily 1000+ hours and I got over 90 hours out of the special edition.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 4 days ago

Just looking on Steam at my game hours, it came up in a facebook discussion of 100+ hours of games and I have quite a few that are cracking on for 1000, but Skyrim somehow has 2398 hours logged, thats 2 hours away from 100 full days... Am I a freak?

Whats everyone at?

I think I'd logged that many hour 1 year after realease. And yes, I'm a freak
  • Mister Pink likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Cyuu cyuu

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 hours ago

I can't say so.

In the era where a lot of people are playing certain titles just to follow trend, buying a game solely to get the platinum trophy to gain other people's approval and applause, you instead spent time in the game you are truly enjoying.

It's superbly respectable in my view.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

мистер роз

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 13 hours ago

Playing Skyrim again after my last save a while back got corrupted somehow. I lost a bit of progress but slowly back to where I am. Putting Skyrim on again is like coming home. I really love this place. If there is a heaven, I bet it looks like Skyrim.

21:6
  • 21:6

Venom Snake

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 hours ago Edited by 21:6, 13 hours ago.

Love this game so much I bought SSE at full price on PC. I could've got it free at the time but I didn't have Hearthfire unfortunately. Recently bought the Special Edition just so I can defeat Alduin a couple more times. My 32 bit Oldrim always crashes and the frame rate is sketchy at best so 60 FPS on Skyrim with better graphics and a more stable copy is worth it to me seeing how utterly brilliant this game is.

Was sad to see the achievements do not carry over though, as I completed Oldrim 100% but with this new copy I feel like a war vet who had his medals taken. 

• Mister Pink likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users