Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

8,467 replies to this topic
Tracksuit Hitman
  • Tracksuit Hitman

I'm feeling Supersonic

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 days ago

Good man. I haven't done the vampire quests although they sound interesting. I think I've put about 50 hours in. During those 50hrs, I've just done most of the Thieves Guild and some of The Companions missions but stopped as I'm not turning in to a Werewolf. Not yet at least. I became a Nightingale. Actually I'm pretty boring because I'm sure I did that back in 2011. I reckon I'm getting up to a point now where most things will be new to me. 

As I'm playing as one-handed Nord warrior, I'm not too fond of magic. I haven't played in a few days. I'm going to possibly just go exploring next time and see what happens. 

Yeah with the Stormcloaks and The Imperials, I've debated this in my head on and off since I first got Skyrim. Stormcloaks definitely seems like more fun. Joining The Imperials is like kind of like playing Pro Evo Master League Mode and starting off with an established team like Madrid or Barca. Whereas joining the Stormcloaks is like joining the underdog team of unknown's and trying to take them to glory. Although Bethesda make the choice seemingly as ambiguous as possible, I think it's not that unclear at all.  I think they make it quite desirable to join The Stormcloaks.I mean with the introduction and them nearly killing you is almost enough not to join them. 

The vampire quests are quite good and you get some decent rare loot out of them too; a rare achievement is always a plus as well. I can't see myself staying as a vampire for long however. Vampire Lord has its perks but it's too much of a piss take during the daytime. Fun at first though. Plus, Selana is an awesome companion, in fact since she was made available as one I haven't grabbed any others (saying that I went at sh*t alone before her).

I've done the Guild ones too. Well, I'm at the point where I'm now the leader and I've stopped fiddling around with their quests for now at least. I noticed an achievement, of which the description is "returned the Thieves Guild to its former glory" so I'll probably faff around and see what that's all about. I'm assuming it'll be just doing those side-quests/jobs for Vex and whatnot.

As for the Companions, I did a few quests but stopped for the time being. I've got a misc quest for them: "talk to the Companion leaders for work" but I'm not really arsed yet. Same as you, I don't want to be a werewolf, at least for the time being.

I'm a Nord too and like you I favour the one-handed weapons (mainly use the Ebony Battleaxe at present). I'll occasionally switch to the crossbow or Auriel's Bow when taking on a dragon but that's about it. Don't think I've used any magic aside from when you have to. Of course I use Shouts sometimes.

I agree with how Bethesda has practically made it abundantly clear that the Stormcloaks are the better choice, for an honorable character at least.

I reckon you should dive into the vampire quests. You get a cool perk after visiting the Soul Cairn. ;)

@bigraj I get what you mean mate. I don't know whether it's worth investing in with all the great upcoming games, especially knowing 2017 is going to kick off to be a busy year for me personally. It doesn't sound like as much of an essential game as Skyrim though.

As for the "new toy" feeling, I have no doubt that Skyrim will be tossed aside after a while but at present, with 55 hours invested since I got the game, I'm still loving it. However, I suspect once I dive back into Gears 4's Horde mode (just one example of another awesome game) I will let Skyrim rest for at least a few months. I don't know what the hell will happen when Red Dead 2 comes out, because God knows I'll bash the sh*t out of that.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

я твой слуг

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 2 days ago

Cool man. You have me sold on the Vampire quests. Are they a part of DLC or where they always in the vanilla game? I notice more Vampires randomly attacking people in villages that I never noticed before.

Yeah I know that Thieves Guild achievement you speak of. Without spoiling too much I'm pretty sure you have to complete a certain amount of burglary missions that Delvin and Vex give you. I still haven't got it myself as I got bored. I'll defo go back and get them sorted. 

Yep, I'm the exact same, carry a bow for Dragon attacks. Maybe rarely whip it out if I want to go for a long shot. But I find using the bow too slow if you want to progress through the game. A good Axe to the face usually works well. 

I'm also curious about the Dark Brotherhood. My character was relatively good but I've taken a darker twist after the Thieves Guild and Nightingales corrupted me. Now I'm a man out for myself but extend that to my Nordern brethren and hence helping the Stormcloaks. But I'll find myself double-crossing people if I can, like woman from Redgaurd and the guys after her. They all got whacked and I took all the loot.

• Tracksuit Hitman likes this

Craigsters
  • Craigsters

no, I haven't been up all night on my PC

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A day ago

waJvCXB.jpg

• Tchuck, Mister Pink, Majestic81 and 1 other like this

Cameron Star
  • Cameron Star

I hate Christmas.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A day ago

I sided with the Stormcloaks once but I don't like them, they're a bit racist and the atmosphere around Whiterun was uncomfortable when they won. I prefer the Imperials, and I think they'd be happy to let the Nords worship Talos but they have the Thalmor controlling them, and no one likes the Thalmor.

Was going to side with Dawnguard this time since I want my character to be as good as possible (I also destroyed the Dark Brotherhood, I can't bring myself to kill poor Narfi again) but I realised I've never played it from the Vampires' side so I thought why not, but I'll pretend it's not really a part of my "story".

Wish I could destroy the Thieves Guild too.

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

я твой слуг

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted A day ago Edited by Mister Pink, A day ago.

I sided with the Stormcloaks once but I don't like them, they're a bit racist and the atmosphere around Whiterun was uncomfortable when they won. I prefer the Imperials, and I think they'd be happy to let the Nords worship Talos but they have the Thalmor controlling them, and no one likes the Thalmor.

I think that's why people like the Stormcloaks they fight for what they believe in and don't bow down on someone else's terms. Imperials are all ready their being controlled by the Thalmor. I think it's exciting to want to change.  

Cameron Star
  • Cameron Star

I hate Christmas.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A day ago

If I remember right, I think it's because they didn't have a choice. It was either be destroyed or sign a peace treaty according to the Thalmor's terms.

Still, I like the way none of it is black and white, you can't call either side "good" or "bad".

• Mister Pink and Majestic81 like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

я твой слуг

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted A day ago

If I remember right, I think it's because they didn't have a choice. It was either be destroyed or sign a peace treaty according to the Thalmor's terms.

Still, I like the way none of it is black and white, you can't call either side "good" or "bad".

Yeah man totally. It's exciting. I mean I can see the argument for joining either side. Then the rest is made up of the sentiments, conclusions and wants of the gamer. There's no real clear "win" situation. For example if the Stormcloaks win and they reclaim Skyrim I'm pretty sure the Thalmor will most likely just wipe them out. Having the Imperials in place keeps the peace. But because that isn't going to happen or doesn't happen in the timeline of the game of Skyrim I removed that out of my reasoning to pick the Stormcloaks. Rather than fighting rebels as an Imperial, I'm felt that the greater challenge would be the smaller guy, looking to fight the establishment. That in a video game is more appealing to me right now. That being said, I was going to pick the Imperials for a time. :)

• Cameron Star likes this

Tracksuit Hitman
  • Tracksuit Hitman

I'm feeling Supersonic

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 hours ago

Cool man. You have me sold on the Vampire quests. Are they a part of DLC or where they always in the vanilla game? I notice more Vampires randomly attacking people in villages that I never noticed before.

Yeah I know that Thieves Guild achievement you speak of. Without spoiling too much I'm pretty sure you have to complete a certain amount of burglary missions that Delvin and Vex give you. I still haven't got it myself as I got bored. I'll defo go back and get them sorted. 

Yep, I'm the exact same, carry a bow for Dragon attacks. Maybe rarely whip it out if I want to go for a long shot. But I find using the bow too slow if you want to progress through the game. A good Axe to the face usually works well. 

I'm also curious about the Dark Brotherhood. My character was relatively good but I've taken a darker twist after the Thieves Guild and Nightingales corrupted me. Now I'm a man out for myself but extend that to my Nordern brethren and hence helping the Stormcloaks. But I'll find myself double-crossing people if I can, like woman from Redgaurd and the guys after her. They all got whacked and I took all the loot.

I wasn't sure of that myself so I just had a look and it looks like they are a part of DLC (the Dawnguard DLC). I mean you can easily miss the quests by declining when offered the chance to become a vampire but why the hell someone would do that I have no idea. Without saying too much, you are given a (very) small quest in which you can be given back mortality.

Ah I thought as much with that achievement. I'll get around to doing some of their missions but it's not something that takes priority. I feel as if those side-missions that certain factions offer can become too repetitive.

I haven't come across the Dark Brotherhood yet either but they've got my attention too. Have you done the Aventus Arentino quest (the one to do with the orphanage)? If so I suspect you'll know what I'm referring to.

I decided to join the Stormcloaks yesterday. The quests are pretty fun tbh and some of what Uflric says makes sense. Definitely worth jumping in and out of the quests.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users