Photo

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

8,046 replies to this topic
gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

Vagabond of the Wastes

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 5 days ago.

I once heard someone say that if you played Fallout 3 before Fallout NV, chances are it's going to be F3 > NV all day & vice versa.

I enjoyed both, I really enjoyed both entrees, prefer NV though.

Same deal here, though I also played Fallout 2 years before, so NV hit more of a nostalgic note with me.

-----

On topic: I was thinking of going back to my old character from a year ago (I didn't finish...I never do), but even on Legendary everything feels too easy. In every open world game I have to force difficulty on myself because I just end up one-shotting everything 10-15 hours into the game. Maybe I should do a potions and daggers only play, with perks only every 2-3 levels or something. Hmm.

PS: f*ck J'zargo

Ducard
  • Ducard

Viva la Vida!

• Members
  • India

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Ducard, 4 days ago.

Skyrim just bored me. It got boring after only 2 hours. Usually games leave with me a "wow" factor at the start but Skyrim never gave me that. Also the life-less world which lacked hostility and repetitive dialogues.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

Lacked what now? are you serious, one of Skyrim's features is that its filled with people/creatures out to get you, so bad that i'd actually call it a flaw. you cant walk more than 5 mins without something attacking you. the DLCs even added enemies to the cities/villages.

Ducard
  • Ducard

Viva la Vida!

• Members
  • India

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Ducard, 4 days ago.

It certainly wasn't nearly as hostile as Fallout's, that or my game is bugged.

I've had a few animals attack me and once, some enemies but apart from that it is pretty dead, at least for me.

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 4 days ago

It certainly wasn't nearly as hostile as Fallout's, that or my game is bugged.

I've had a few animals attack me and once, some enemies but apart from that it is pretty dead, at least for me.

As a huge fan of both games, I think you get attacked a lot more in Skyrim than you do in both Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

Vagabond of the Wastes

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 4 days ago.

Depends on where you are. Some parts of Skyrim *are* pretty dead, especially in the southern parts of the map. Even a lot of the towns feel sort of half lived in. But at the same time the Mojave in NV wasn't any better, it didn't even have random encounters. Most of the western half of the map, and almost all of Legion territory is literally nothing but rocks.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 4 days ago

Skyrim is anything but lifeless. The world is much more alive and hostile than that of Oblivion, Fallout 3, and basically every other open world game I've played (that I can think of). There are some areas where I can't run for 10 seconds without being attacked by whatever, and then there are times when I get attacked by 2 dragons and bandits or something all at once (happens occasionally, like near Windhelm).

Some areas are just infested by hostile creatures/bandits, and other parts are much calmer. I think they got the balance just right to be honest.
  • Majestic81 and Thisguyherenow like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users