Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

8,468 replies to this topic
Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:31 PM

My Skyrim keeps stuttering and it's really starting to piss me off.

I dunno what it is, either. I tried playing without mods - still happened.

Tried playing with graphics scaled down - still happened.

I dunno what the problem is, but the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

Have you tried using mods that are disabling the shadows? As far as I remember, it helped my game with those damn stutters. And surprisingly, it didn't look bad at all.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:55 PM

My Skyrim keeps stuttering and it's really starting to piss me off.

I dunno what it is, either. I tried playing without mods - still happened.

Tried playing with graphics scaled down - still happened.

I dunno what the problem is, but the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

Have you tried using mods that are disabling the shadows? As far as I remember, it helped my game with those damn stutters. And surprisingly, it didn't look bad at all.

My stutters just started, though. That's what's getting me. Nothing has changed from before, mod wise or graphics wise.. The stutters just randomly started.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:02 AM

My stutters just started, though. That's what's getting me. Nothing has changed from before, mod wise or graphics wise.. The stutters just randomly started.

Are you using the official high res texture pack?

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:00 AM

Are you using the official high res texture pack?

I am.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:18 AM

I am.

Disable it and see if the stutter stops.

I use strictly mods for my textures. I find no visual gain with using the official pack. It just increases my load times and eats up my vram like a crack whore.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:56 AM

I am.

Disable it and see if the stutter stops.

I use strictly mods for my textures. I find no visual gain with using the official pack. It just increases my load times and eats up my vram like a crack whore.

I did disable it last night, and it still happened.

I'm gonna try it again a little later and see, though.

I just don't know why it randomly started happening.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:04 AM

I need skyrim with oculus rift + omnidirectional treadmill. I would not get out of my house for months. And when I finally do, I will look like a Greek god.
  • gtamann123 and Beanee like this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:21 AM

I did disable it last night, and it still happened.

I'm gonna try it again a little later and see, though.

I just don't know why it randomly started happening.

So you didn't change any mods or graphical settings. Not even the .ini right?

That is strange.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:47 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 18 April 2014 - 03:48 AM.

I changed nothing, but guess what?

Turned off the hi-res textures, and it stopped stuttering -_-

Didn't work last night, worked tonight. Pisses me off.

Now the only problem is after I close the game, it f*cks with my computer's speed for a while after. Can't even watch a Youtube video for a while.

That's weird.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:50 AM

Now the only problem is after I close the game, it f*cks with my computer's speed for a while after. Can't even watch a Youtube video for a while.

That's weird.

That is weird xD

Are you sure it's the game?

The only thing with my game is that it CTD when I'm out exploring. Very annoying.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:59 AM

That's weird.

That is weird xD

Are you sure it's the game?

The only thing with my game is that it CTD when I'm out exploring. Very annoying.

Only happens after I quit the game.

Oh, and it also disables my monitor for a couple minutes too.

So...yeah.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:05 AM

So...yeah.

Sounds like a video card or driver problem

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:08 AM

So...yeah.

Sounds like a video card or driver problem

My drivers are up to date.

So...fantastic. That FAFSA money better hurry up and get here...

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:41 AM

My drivers are up to date.

So...fantastic. That FAFSA money better hurry up and get here...

Don't get me started on that... still trying to see how I'm gonna pay for classes this Summer.

Anyway if it's only happening in Skyrim then I don't think it is your video card going bad. But I've never heard of Skyrim doing what it's doing to you.

If it still does that, then you can try uninstalling all your mods, deleting the .ini and let the game make a default one and try on a new game. If it works fine then you can chalk up your problems to a mod.

That's all I got  :sui:

• Geralt of Rivia likes this

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:20 PM Edited by JOSEPH X, 18 April 2014 - 12:21 PM.

How old is your monitor and what's its refresh rate? It sounds like it could be on its way out.

The HD pack isn't really worth it if you're a member of the nexus. I've disabled the DLC and gone with HD textures 'FULL' but it also comes in a 'LITE' version. Then there's all sorts of mods for trees, enhanced distance, faces etc that they're just to numerous to mention them all. The best one so far though is 'Real Clouds' - it stops you seeing from one end of the map to the other and has forked lightning. This isn't my pic

vDQN5Fcl.jpg

It makes the world feel a lot bigger.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:46 PM Edited by Fireman, 18 April 2014 - 03:03 PM.

I went with a combination of mods to make playing a monk entertaining, here's a short clip:

I might finish this game one day. Seems unlikely though :p

I reinstalled and copied my old mod folders over, unfortuantely it activated all the .esps and some of them screwed up the game, currently removing them manually.

So far it was Golden War.esp which spawned Centurions all over the map and FInally! Usable fishing boats! which crashed the game because it's treated as a mount and thus spawns on land.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:31 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 18 April 2014 - 04:39 PM.

My monitor is about 2 years old, and it's refresh rate is 60Hz.

Also, only one dead pixel lol.

Another tidbit of info:

When my monitor 'disables' on me after exiting Skyrim, if I turn it off and on again, my computer beeps, and everything works fine, like nothing ever happened.

It's weird, though, because it only happens after Skyrim.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:32 PM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 20 April 2014 - 10:40 PM.

I wish there was a way to actually clean a save file, I don't know why under the big blue sky bethesda thought it would be a good idea to have scripts be embedded into a save file.

My current playthrough is so f*cked up, I'm surprised it even loads. I've been playing the same character since July 2013 and have tried every mod under the sun.

I've done so much in that game, I don't think I could redo it all in another playthrough. But I guess that's one of the good things about The Elder Scrolls. No playthrough can be exactly alike.

I'm really wondering if I should start over after all this time..I have a lot to do still, but I can't stand the CTDs, which I know are caused by old scripts embedded in my save...among other things.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

I played this on pc for the first time yesterday and its amazing. Runs way better and even controls better than console. And I run it with the highest graphics so it looks pretty good. You can tell that PC is the lead version for games like these

Beanee
  • Beanee

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

I have played this on 360 but not on PC - as I don't really own a very good pc (plan to rectify that soon) - had it since a few days after release, but still haven't finished it! Great game though, I look forward to the next one. 

If this is alot more impressive on PC than console, then I will probably invest in a PC version, just to see the differences in quality and gameplay. Not only that, I wanna see some of these kick ass mods that are flying about :p

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

I have played this on 360 but not on PC - as I don't really own a very good pc (plan to rectify that soon) - had it since a few days after release, but still haven't finished it! Great game though, I look forward to the next one. 

If this is alot more impressive on PC than console, then I will probably invest in a PC version, just to see the differences in quality and gameplay. Not only that, I wanna see some of these kick ass mods that are flying about :p

Then let me warn you now that when trying out mods, turn off all the autosaving. Make a full save before trying out a mod if you're in the middle of a playthrough, so if you don't like it you can go back to that save you made with no repercussions. 

Also the only difference in vanilla Skyrim from PC to consoles is the graphics. The real differences are the mods. That's a cold hard fact.

Oh yeah, and if you plan on using texture mods, the more vram your video card has the better. 

• Osho likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:01 AM Edited by gtamann123, 23 April 2014 - 06:03 AM.

For me Skyrim PC has a lot of advantages over console. It just seems that Skyrim runs better on PC than Console. I have played significant time on both the 360 and PS3 and the PC version has much better performance. I have graphics cranked as high as they can go and it still runs perfect and a lot smoother than it did on console even with lower graphics. Even though I don't have the best processor in the world (i-3 3.60GHz) Load times are also non existant so far for me. The longest load screen I have seen has to be under 10 seconds. I also feel it controls better. combat is much more responsive and fluid with a mouse. And the console command is a benefit as well. Although I rarely use it I still like having it incase I do need it.

To me there are numerous advantages to playing Skyrim on PC as opposed to console.  

• Osho likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:25 AM

To me there are numerous advantages to playing Skyrim on PC as opposed to console.  

Forget about graphics man.

Freaking awesome unofficial bug patches and the terrific mods spit on every console game and not just the Skyrim version.

Consoles are the absolute worst choice for any open world role-playing game.

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:32 PM Edited by LilMcJohn, 23 April 2014 - 03:33 PM.

Anyone got a good PC to recommend? I kinda suck at building them even though I've done it at least 5 times in class.

I was thinking of this but idk yet how it will work out. http://www.ebay.com/...=item5af1c44cff

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

I built mine on CyperPowerPC. I picked the parts and they built it for me. It was really easy and they give you a ton of options. 

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

Anyone got a good PC to recommend? I kinda suck at building them even though I've done it at least 5 times in class.

I was thinking of this but idk yet how it will work out. http://www.ebay.com/...=item5af1c44cff

Go here: http://www.reddit.co...ict_sr=on&t=all

They're very, very helpful.

Tomshardware would also be another good place to go for advice.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:42 AM Edited by gtamann123, 24 April 2014 - 12:43 AM.

I got attacked by a Dark Brotherhood Assassin who had the note on them and everything for my Assassination. But the strange thing is that I was only level 6 and hadn't done anything that would warrant an Assassination. So I am just wondering why that would happen?

Also, Is this the topic to discuss stuff we would like to see in  TES: VI? 

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:17 AM

I got attacked by a Dark Brotherhood Assassin who had the note on them and everything for my Assassination. But the strange thing is that I was only level 6 and hadn't done anything that would warrant an Assassination. So I am just wondering why that would happen?

Also, Is this the topic to discuss stuff we would like to see in  TES: VI? 

even bandits can send them, even if you kill them.

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:33 AM Edited by DarthShinobi, 24 April 2014 - 03:36 AM.

I bought this back in December and I don't know what the main quest is anymore. Is that good? :p I'm just wandering Skyrim doing random quests. :D

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:40 AM

I never play the main quest. I do it up until i am instructed to speak with the Jarl of Whiterun about the dragon attack and the never speak to him. I enjoy being able to explore without the fear of a dragon coming down and smothering me. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users