Photo

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

7,942 replies to this topic
Twang.
  • Twang.

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

The game as a whole is really buggy on PS3. (Sometimes) it won't let me equip my left hand in the actual menu (have to favorite it and go from there), and yesterday I got locked in to the sneaking position and had to backtrack 3/4 of a dungeon to find a chair to cycle my stance.

Still kicks ass when it works, though. Playing Legendary, using no quest markers or fast travel, so every move I make has to be deliberate. It also forces me to use what I have at my disposal. I can't just run in and sword a bunch of bandits to death. I was doing a Companions quest where you have to rescue a random Whiterun NPC from Silent Moons Camp (in my case it was Amren). At first I just went right in because my girlfriend said she knew the quest and it was 'just two vampires.' More like 10 bandits. 8 outside, 2 inside. I died right away the first time. Then adjusted tactics and went at it again. I snuck around the rocks, climbed up to the top of the structure, then cast fury on one of them. He started fighting the other 4 and got himself killed. Rinse and repeat 3 more times until there was only one left. I used Calm on him to just walk past him. Then I realized the entrance was back down the steps. I went down there, tried a similar tactic on the 3 remaining, but only one of them was killed as I simply snuck in while they were distracted. Then I used Voice of the Emperor to stop the interior bandits in their tracks, walked up to Amren, and we walked right back out. Then Amren and I balled so hard and teamed up to gank the last two dudes outside. Walked back to Whiterun and it was a good day.

Every fight is like an event. Each individual bandit took more strategy and skill to defeat in Legendary than the entire camp takes on normal pleb mode.

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:24 PM Edited by NCONiall, 12 July 2013 - 05:50 PM.

QUOTE (Majestic81 @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 07:10)
I haven't played the PS3 version. but from what others told me its just fine, you might run into a few minor bugs, but thats to be expected when playing Skyrim anyways. so yeah give it a go.

Thanks for that. I was just little concerned considering that it took so long to be released, whether it be because they got around the problems or just at the urge of fans. I updated my game and I'm glad to see that the glitched quests are now erased from my quest list - of all bugs, that was the one that bugged me the most.

@Sakuya
Thanks. That does sound quite intense, and challenging; I'll definitely put the difficulty up to legendary. My main complaint about Skyrim back then was that it was too easy, though oblivious to the difficulty levels.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:44 PM Edited by JOSEPH X, 14 July 2013 - 07:47 PM.

This looks great if you're playing Skyrim on PC

Trailer:

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:04 AM

Has anyone checked this video out? This guy built a Orcish battleaxe in real life! This is so awesome. I recommend checking out more of his videos.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:40 AM

LOL! That's cool.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:52 AM

Although its not made out of real material.

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

Riddle me this: I've got a whole bunch of Legendary Dragonbone weapons that I've been improving and re-improving again and again and I just recently got a new Alchemy perk that allows me to create twice as powerful potions. So I drank it and wore my enchanted Smithing clothing and still couldn't re-improve the weapons on the grindstone. Thus far I've believed that if you get stronger potions and stronger clothing you can keep on improving your weapons (since that's how it's worked up until now) but now it suddenly doesn't work although I have the required items (dragonbone) and all that.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:40 PM

I'm going to play this again on PC, decided to download some mods, tell me if I'm missing some vital mods:

RealVision ENB
Apocalypse (spells)
CharGen
RaceMenu
Sounds of Skyrim
Lightning Overhaul
Footprints
Enhanced Blood
Dual Sheath
Convenient Horses
Cloaks of Skyrim
Climates of Tamriel
Immersive Weapons
Immersive Armor
Footprints.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (Cheat @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 22:00)
Riddle me this: I've got a whole bunch of Legendary Dragonbone weapons that I've been improving and re-improving again and again and I just recently got a new Alchemy perk that allows me to create twice as powerful potions. So I drank it and wore my enchanted Smithing clothing and still couldn't re-improve the weapons on the grindstone. Thus far I've believed that if you get stronger potions and stronger clothing you can keep on improving your weapons (since that's how it's worked up until now) but now it suddenly doesn't work although I have the required items (dragonbone) and all that.

This used to be the case before the 1.9 update, since then however this glitch has been patched out leaving you grounded in mortality so you can't enchant your gear to preposterously insane levels.

Failure
  • Failure

My life has no meaning

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:48 PM Edited by elanman, 25 July 2013 - 11:50 PM.

QUOTE (Fireman @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 22:40)
I'm going to play this again on PC, decided to download some mods, tell me if I'm missing some vital mods:

RealVision ENB
Apocalypse (spells)
CharGen
RaceMenu
Sounds of Skyrim
Lightning Overhaul
Footprints
Enhanced Blood
Dual Sheath
Convenient Horses
Cloaks of Skyrim
Climates of Tamriel
Immersive Weapons
Immersive Armor
Footprints.

I'd add multiple followers and faster horses to that list. They're both on the Steam workshop.

Wet and Cold is a good mod for building atmosphere too.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:27 AM

This seems pretty cool and very ambitious.

https://www.gameinfo...tire-world.aspx

CajunSnipes
  • CajunSnipes

That guy with the AK

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

Has anyone broken the old level cap yet? I remember they removed it in 1.9 with the legendary skills addition and a screenshot showed it being possible to get to level 100+ so I was wondering what the highest level is that any of you have reached?

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

The longest character I've played as reached level 210, but then again considering I never play without Skyre and the community uncapper I couldn't tell you what my vanilla level would be.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

95. Didnt have the patience to go any further. plus you're already overpowered at that point.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (Majestic81 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 14:25)
95. Didnt have the patience to go any further. plus you're already overpowered at that point.

Indeed, I always found it rather strange that you can get to a point in the game where you're quite literally a demigod. I mean there's nothing wrong that being a thing that can happen in the game, but I'd like it if there was some sort of story or achievement you'd be given for reaching such a level.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

I think I've reached level 50 and that was about it.. Or around 50, afterwards I got bored of it.

Man.... I really want Skyrim now, but I will wait for TES: O, April 2014 folks.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

GOt bored at around 27.

Playing it now with a ton of mods though, hopefully it can drag me through the game...

The soon I installed it and did the first part I already remembered why this game sucked again though.

Those dialogues man.

CajunSnipes
  • CajunSnipes

That guy with the AK

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 14:36)
QUOTE (Majestic81 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 14:25)

Indeed, I always found it rather strange that you can get to a point in the game where you're quite literally a demigod. I mean there's nothing wrong that being a thing that can happen in the game, but I'd like it if there was some sort of story or achievement you'd be given for reaching such a level.

Indeed. It took a ton of grinding for me to get my current character to 71. I have 100 hours played but there are still a ton of quests I need to do, and there are always the radiant quests.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure I have at least 400 hours played on this game on xbox, and I don't even have Dawnguard or Dragonborn. I've made a ton of different characters and tried different playstyles and they are all really fun. Just saying, for those of you complaining about nothing to do tounge.gif

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 02:30)
QUOTE (Cheat @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 22:00)

This used to be the case before the 1.9 update, since then however this glitch has been patched out leaving you grounded in mortality so you can't enchant your gear to preposterously insane levels.

I wouldn't go as far as calling being more or less overpowered preposterous or insane, given that your character can be the first dragonborn in centuries, the archmage of the College of Winterhold, the Listener of the Dark Brotherhood, leader of the Thieves Guild and a thane to all holds in Skyrim to mention a few. My best weapon deals over 180 damage and I still run into enemies that one-hit kill me and mere Forsworn can kill me with a few arrows... So I think it's kinda ridiculous for them to patch the whole Alchemy/Enchanting/Smithing thing, I never considered it to be a cheat, more like an intelligent way to push your character to its limits and over.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (Cheat @ Monday, Jul 29 2013, 20:44)
I never considered it to be a cheat, more like an intelligent way to push your character to its limits and over.

Whilst it is possible for one single character be all of those things and hold all of those titles it's highly unlikely that that's how it'll turn out lore-wise and in the end, that's really all that matters.

Anyway the fact remains that now they've limited it so you can't become the God of death and reign it down upon every man, woman and child you see. Besides, when you get to a certain level in the game the only thing that can really kill you is yourself, by either drowning yourself or throwing yourself off of the nearest cliff.

hobointheyard
  • hobointheyard

GTAF are a joke now...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (Sakuya @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 11:37)
The game as a whole is really buggy on PS3. (Sometimes) it won't let me equip my left hand in the actual menu (have to favorite it and go from there), and yesterday I got locked in to the sneaking position and had to backtrack 3/4 of a dungeon to find a chair to cycle my stance.

Still kicks ass when it works, though. Playing Legendary, using no quest markers or fast travel, so every move I make has to be deliberate. It also forces me to use what I have at my disposal. I can't just run in and sword a bunch of bandits to death. I was doing a Companions quest where you have to rescue a random Whiterun NPC from Silent Moons Camp (in my case it was Amren). At first I just went right in because my girlfriend said she knew the quest and it was 'just two vampires.' More like 10 bandits. 8 outside, 2 inside. I died right away the first time. Then adjusted tactics and went at it again. I snuck around the rocks, climbed up to the top of the structure, then cast fury on one of them. He started fighting the other 4 and got himself killed. Rinse and repeat 3 more times until there was only one left. I used Calm on him to just walk past him. Then I realized the entrance was back down the steps. I went down there, tried a similar tactic on the 3 remaining, but only one of them was killed as I simply snuck in while they were distracted. Then I used Voice of the Emperor to stop the interior bandits in their tracks, walked up to Amren, and we walked right back out. Then Amren and I balled so hard and teamed up to gank the last two dudes outside. Walked back to Whiterun and it was a good day.

Every fight is like an event. Each individual bandit took more strategy and skill to defeat in Legendary than the entire camp takes on normal pleb mode.

I think I'm going to make a new character, a red guard, and try to play like this. I don't encounter any bugs in game, besides the occasional freezes. (Because of autosave)

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

Decided to go play as a dwarf hunter with a pet bear, had to get some mods for this though;

Aesir Armor (seriously the best and most customisable armor of all mods)
Hunterborn (skinning and stuff, awesome)
Tame Beasts (bear pets, even spirit beasts, awesome)
Hypothermia: Frostfall & Wet and Cold. (survival stuf

Downloaded Basic Needs but not sure if it's any good.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Monday, Jul 29 2013, 22:43)

Strongly recommend Skyre Fireman, I'm pretty sure you'd love it.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:35 AM Edited by Fireman, 01 August 2013 - 10:14 AM.

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 00:06)
QUOTE (Fireman @ Monday, Jul 29 2013, 22:43)

Strongly recommend Skyre Fireman, I'm pretty sure you'd love it.

SkyRe conflicts with far too many mods, so I"m not planning on using it right now (maybe after I back everything up, to check if it works).

It's a remake of the game so makes sense that it conflicts a lot, but I like having different mods that make the game more fun and if these remakes (like Requiem and SkyRE) get in the way of that I'll rather skip it (though I do really dislike the perks in the vanilla game).

I also want Dismemberment but it's imcompatible with everything sad.gif

This is my hunter with a snow bear as pet:

user posted image

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:01 PM

Decided to download even more mods, I'll just keep downloading until it crashes.

Started a monk-type character with the Way of the Monk mod and other mods, here's the results, pretty brutal:

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:31 PM

sh*t I still need to finish Dragonborn.

I bought the DLC back in Feb when it came out on Steam and I STILL haven't played it after all this time. I don't even know why since I love Skyrim.

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

Enjoy it. I finished it about three days ago, and loved every minute of it from the moment I heard the music.

Well I just, "finished," Skyrim. I was about level 74, then I boosted up to 80 using the Harmony exploit to fight the ebony warrior. By the way, all TES games are now 40-75% off on Steam.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

Each time I play this game it reminds me of how bad RPG's can be, it's horrible.

Only reason I play it now is for the open-world and mods.

Take Uthgerd the unbroken into my party, who got kicked out of the Companions for killing a member in a duel.

Arrive at the Companion's Hall, NOBODY CARES THAT I HAVE HER WITH ME.

Seriously.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

The worst part about skyrim is the quests, 85% of the time you need to dungeon dive in order to complete a quest, Oblivion was allot more varied with it's quest.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 14:40)
Each time I play this game it reminds me of how bad RPG's can be, it's horrible.

Only reason I play it now is for the open-world and mods.

Take Uthgerd the unbroken into my party, who got kicked out of the Companions for killing a member in a duel.

Arrive at the Companion's Hall, NOBODY CARES THAT I HAVE HER WITH ME.

Seriously.

I'm no aficionado of RPG's, Fallout 3 & NV being the limit of my experience (just started Skyrim). Even I can see that would be remedied by just making her (or any other character with a similar predicament) wait outside. I mean, that just a simple patch isn't it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users