Photo

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

7,736 replies to this topic
Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

Update on the problems I was having -- It's stopped crashing regularly once my internet got back to full strength. No idea why that is.
I've developed an interesting bug: I fired off one sun-hallow arrow just to see what they do. I did it right outside the gates of whiterun, and now every time I exit whiterun I see the yellow supernova on the horizon where I shot at.

Still don't know if I can be bothered grinding 8 levels just to get a shot at a legend dragon.
The werewolf beast form function seems to work but it take 30seconds to transform.
Vampire Lord is still unusable -- to the person with the question about the updated disc - the one benefit I could see is that the DLC aren't running from the hard drive so Solstheim etc should be a bit smoother.

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:24 PM Edited by Melchior, 15 June 2013 - 06:26 PM.

QUOTE (blitz @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 08:10)
They both have great bonuses, and the only thing that bugs me from the Bosmers is that they're so small.

Yeah it means they can't run and jump as well (especially jarring after playing an Altmer hopping around rooftops like tarzan) but I think it's cute, they're like little badass cannibal gnomes. I find it especially funny when talking to an Altmer and they're like two feet taller than me.

I too sided with the empire (only done the civil war once) but not for RP purposes or anything dorky like that, I just wanted to jump Ulfric for his fur cape. Worth it.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

Somebody has overtaken me as the #1 player of Skyrim on raptr. They lead me by 17 hours, and if you add that to my 2,949 they have played 2,966 hours.

It felt quite good to be the #1 player, but I know I will never be able catch them up again because I traded the game in when I traded in my 360 for a PS3.

I won't be getting it for the PS3 after reading all the aggro it was giving people in this thread - god it was bad enough on the 360. I put up with the glitches and crashes though, because it is one of the great games.

I still have the game on steam, but will need to upgrade my PC to get the game to run decently. I also have a ton of gameplay videos on my computer, so the magical moments are still there for me to recall again and again. Still, I'll miss these beautiful badasses:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

Despite not being a big fan of RPG games like Skyrim, I'm really itching to get my hands on Skyrim or Fallout 3/NV at least. I've just being going through and it does sound very cool,(especially the dragon part and the faction part) problem is I'm terrible at these type of games, the last time I played a game like this was when I was a kid but my gaming skills have improved a lot now, hopefully I'll get this for PC when I finish my current batch of games ie Hitman Absolution and Assassins Creed: Brotherhood.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 06:38)
Somebody has overtaken me as the #1 player of Skyrim on raptr. They lead me by 17 hours, and if you add that to my 2,949 they have played 2,966 hours.

are you sure that's something you want to be bragging about? sigh.gif

tounge2.gif

blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 16:46)
QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 06:38)

are you sure that's something you want to be bragging about? sigh.gif

tounge2.gif

Money well spent, right?

G D
  • G D

Praise the sun, or die trying.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:28 AM

Hey guys, i would like some "tips".

I'll keep this short, you see i'm currently a lvl 48 Nord whose mostly a warrior but well balanced, I finished the companions questline, finished half of the college's main faction quests, done all thieves guild's missions before the quest with mercer, still haven't finished it, still haven't finished the bards first quest, met Astrid but still didn't join the Dark Brotherhood.
Now.... in the MAIN quest, completed up to the point where "you need to give malbrn (or whateva) the equipment" in solitude.
Haven't touched on Civil War.

The point of all this what to do? I would obviously join the stormcloaks, but the real question is WHEN is it prefered to finish Civil War? after Main mission #11? 9? After beating the story? after mission one million!?
I'm concerned by this so i don't miss ANY mission, or anything. Will Liberation of Skyrim, affect EVERY and ANY mission in the game?

Post limit reached

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:47 AM

I'd leave the civil war for last. I didn't, but I wish I did. It'd be fun to run into a fort with dozens of fairly low level enemies and use all your crazy moves (you get two brilliant shouts at the completion of the main quest).

It doesn't effect anything in the game, apart from one mission in the main quest that gets skipped completely if you've already done the civil war.

G D
  • G D

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:50 AM

And also an example of my fears: Attacking whiterun in the end replaces the jarl (watched video) right? i did the "whispering lady" mission that concerns the current jarl + his son.....lets say i did Civil War first and replaced him, what becomes of the quest?

One more thing: Does burning whiterun and/or any hold change any quest? kills named character? does it return to same old whiterun? Asking because i like whiterun very much.

Huge Thanks to Anyone who FULLY answers my questions about this amazing game, bugs aside (PS3 -_-) one of the best if not best RPG games ever.
I only dislike its third person, and the same lines with the same voice "my faverot drinkn budy letz get sum meeeed!" but the rest is jaw dropping definitely worth every penny. bought it a few months ago or so... [See what i did there lol.gif ]

Skyrim for sure gonna give GTA V a run for its money (In pure content-wise)

....If not beating it. sigh.gif

G D
  • G D

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 05:47)
I'd leave the civil war for last. I didn't, but I wish I did. It'd be fun to run into a fort with dozens of fairly low level enemies and use all your crazy moves (you get two brilliant shouts at the completion of the main quest).

It doesn't effect anything in the game, apart from one mission in the main quest that gets skipped completely if you've already done the civil war.

Thanks, i would take you suggestion. icon14.gif

This is the first RPG game i played in years so unfortunately i made alot of mistakes......when i first played it i thought i can chose all the perks in the game -_- or atleast most of it.

As i wasn't used to RPG gaming as i was in the past, i wasn't able to successfully chose a certain role and/or skillset. I wanted mostly a bit of everything (Factions, be the good guy, tomorrow the bad guy, 1H, 2H, D-Magic etc. my main focus is 1H though) i don't know if thats a good thing or not.

My first ability to 100 is Pickpocketing.... i achieved it very fast.
I always Train, Save, Pickpocket, rinse and repeat. biggrin.gif
until my the training requirements are so high that even with gazllionz of fortify pickpocket its still 0% suicidal.gif

Hands f*ckin' down the best replay value i've ever witnessed.
Hopefully GTA V beats it in that department. smile.gif

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:19 AM

Did anyone else here prefer Oblivion? I started TES with Oblivion so I can't comment on Morrowind.

Maybe it's because I hate snow. Maybe it's because it was so badly made for the PS3 that I never got truly immersed, IDK.

G D
  • G D

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:37 AM Edited by gdsaqqq, 22 June 2013 - 02:43 AM.

QUOTE (josephene123 @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 06:19)
Did anyone else here prefer Oblivion? I started TES with Oblivion so I can't comment on Morrowind.

Maybe it's because I hate snow. Maybe it's because it was so badly made for the PS3 that I never got truly immersed, IDK.

The lastest patches fixed most of the game breaking glitches PS3 suffered since the game's release on 11 11 11 lol interesting release day.

But still.... f*ck bethseda for releasing The best Buggy game i've ever played. lol

I didn't play the game in 2011 nor 2012. i first played it on 2013 Marsh 30 WITH Patches included thank god. sometimes i think of deleting the patch so i can do the unlimited number of exploits....then installing it again but i'm afraid it will f*ck up my game.

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

I can say I thoroughly enjoyed Morrowind. Could not get into Oblivion. And I loved Skyrim. I'm not sure why I couldn't get into Oblivion. I tried several times. I own it on PC and 360. I just could not log more than 10 hours.

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:28 AM

So has anyone found a way to shout without cooldown, apart from that tedious restoration loop? Like stacking Amulets of Talos or something?

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• The Yardies
  • Portugal

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 23:28)
So has anyone found a way to shout without cooldown, apart from that tedious restoration loop? Like stacking Amulets of Talos or something?

Well, Dragon Aspect's full shout gives you like -20% cooldown. That plus the amulet of talos might give you a pretty good cooldown time.

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

Well I don't have the DLC, but I have Amulet of Talos + Blessing of Talos + Necromage Vampirism so my cooldown is cut in half anyway, it's just annoying not having any access to shouts for almost a minute after using frost breath.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

I recently bought this game but am loathe to start playing it. I know that once I do, I'm going to have to loot every chest, search every corner of every dungeon & become anally retentive about organizing my inventory.

Squidgyone
  • Squidgyone

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

I just found a good trick to help with the load times on PS3. Go into the setting and disable save on travel. It's reduced my load times significantly

My save file is up around 8mb too if anyone has any tips on reducing this I would really appreciate too.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

Hey, a question about the current situation with PS3 version:

Does it still lag so badly as on the release?

xI Jakk Ix
  • xI Jakk Ix

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 10:37)
I recently bought this game but am loathe to start playing it. I know that once I do, I'm going to have to loot every chest, search every corner of every dungeon & become anally retentive about organizing my inventory.

That's part of the fun. The amount of content is insane too, so you'll have no shortage of chests to loot and dungeons to raid, especially if you get the DLC.

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• The Yardies
  • Portugal

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 06:20)

No. It is a lot better now with all the patching.
Howevere, if you plan on having a 150+ hour character, do expect a drop in performance from there.

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (Greasepalms @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 19:30)

Howevere, if you plan on having a 150+ hour character, do expect a drop in performance from there.

Won't the lag disappear if I create a new Save?

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 12:17)
QUOTE (Greasepalms @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 19:30)

Won't the lag disappear if I create a new Save?

No, because it's all the data that your character has amassed over those 150+ hours that causes the lag. When you make a new save after 150+ hours, you still have 150+ hours worth of data on the save file. The game has to access that data whenever you do something and it eats up the RAM which is also used to put the images on your screen. This causes massive drops in frame rate and ultimately crashes.

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 21:54)
No, because it's all the data that your character has amassed over those 150+ hours that causes the lag. When you make a new save after 150+ hours, you still have 150+ hours worth of data on the save file. The game has to access that data whenever you do something and it eats up the RAM which is also used to put the images on your screen. This causes massive drops in frame rate and ultimately crashes.

I won't buy Skyrim, then...

Squidgyone
  • Squidgyone

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:26 AM

^^ you are missing out then, go and buy it you wont regret it

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• The Yardies
  • Portugal

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 08:19)
QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 21:54)

I won't buy Skyrim, then...

I wouldn't say that it's enough of a setback to not play the game at all... my current active character has 250 hours at 15 MB size save. Sure, I average like 1 console lock-up (aka crash/freeze) per day, but the game experience is worth it.

It's a great game, specially if you buy the Legendary Edition icon14.gif

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:14 AM

Definitely don't miss out on Skyrim.

I've put hundreds of hours into it, and there's literally hundreds of hours left for me to finish.

I tend to take month or so breaks from it, and each time I return I'm amazed at how amazing it all comes together. The sceneries alone make this game worth $60

Twang.
  • Twang.

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:12 AM

I finally got the Legendary edition for PS3 and it has re-sparked my love for this game. A fresh start is always nice.

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

How is the DLC on the PS3 version (bug-wise)? I finished the main storyline last year and lost interest while waiting for Dawnguard. I'll probably tie up a few loose ends in my previous save before starting again fresh with the DLC. Might go for mage this time round, and follow the Imperials.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE (NCONiall @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 13:35)
How is the DLC on the PS3 version (bug-wise)? I finished the main storyline last year and lost interest while waiting for Dawnguard. I'll probably tie up a few loose ends in my previous save before starting again fresh with the DLC. Might go for mage this time round, and follow the Imperials.

I haven't played the PS3 version. but from what others told me its just fine, you might run into a few minor bugs, but thats to be expected when playing Skyrim anyways. so yeah give it a go.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users