Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (nightwalker83 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 01:07)
QUOTE (Sakuya @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 04:11)
I personally am burnt out on the game, and the series in general.

I would say the same for me! I have 614 hours so far.

Heh, wimps.

3000 hours and counting, well y'know until Fallout 4 arrives.

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

Holy sh*t, necromage is the greatest thing ever. Why didn't someone tell me about this sooner? You are basically just 25% more powerful all around, stronger enchantments (makes a huge difference) and with all the sneak perks you're basically undetectable, even invisibility is a bit redundant. That's not even mentioning the longer shout duration with less cooldown and illusion spells working on pretty much all enemies.

You actually feel like you start off as a mouth breathing, steak fodder, run of the mill vamp (pre-perk) and eventually become a badass Dracula type that can basically stroll through (you don't even have to crouch) huge groups of enemies, walk into buildings and put everyone in a trance, send an army running with mind control or make them fight each other. You can pretty much raise anyone from the dead as well.

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:25 AM

Well I was going to come here and say I'm almost done with skyrim -- only a couple of trophies left to go incl all the dlc ones -- but I just checked and damn! the Legend trophy - kill a legendary dragon - only becomes available when you get to level 78. I've kept the one character the whole way through and I'm still only at lvl 69.
It's not like I've been wasting exp opportunities either -- once light armour got to 100 I got rid of it and only wore heavy armour etc.
Looks like I'm going to have to go full mage because that's really the only area where there's a lot of room left to improve.

I only just started riding dragons. They could've made that a whole lot better. WTF? You get on, it circles around a bit and there's no control whatsoever about where it flies? sh*t.

I'm pretty f*cking fed up with this game. I've _got to_ complete it now I'm so close to finishing but on PS3 it's a nightmare. The transition load times are LITERALLY 45seconds, 1:30secs, even 2mins.
My pr0n surfing amounts have gone up heaps because of all the waiting I have to do. I guess I could vacuum the carpet.
I guess it was good that bethesda finally got the DLCs to PS3, but they really need to optimise them. Running around solsteim is the worst -- very fraggy.
I know it's a defferent company but god knows how a system as old as the PS3 will cope with GTAv.

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (Barry Spock @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 13:25)
Well I was going to come here and say I'm almost done with skyrim -- only a couple of trophies left to go incl all the dlc ones -- but I just checked and damn! the Legend trophy - kill a legendary dragon - only becomes available when you get to level 78. I've kept the one character the whole way through and I'm still only at lvl 69.
It's not like I've been wasting exp opportunities either -- once light armour got to 100 I got rid of it and only wore heavy armour etc.
Looks like I'm going to have to go full mage because that's really the only area where there's a lot of room left to improve.

I only just started riding dragons. They could've made that a whole lot better. WTF? You get on, it circles around a bit and there's no control whatsoever about where it flies? sh*t.

I'm pretty f*cking fed up with this game. I've _got to_ complete it now I'm so close to finishing but on PS3 it's a nightmare. The transition load times are LITERALLY 45seconds, 1:30secs, even 2mins.
My pr0n surfing amounts have gone up heaps because of all the waiting I have to do. I guess I could vacuum the carpet.
I guess it was good that bethesda finally got the DLCs to PS3, but they really need to optimise them. Running around solsteim is the worst -- very fraggy.
I know it's a defferent company but god knows how a system as old as the PS3 will cope with GTAv.

GTA V will run fine on the PS3. Bethesda is a company of buggy games. suicidal.gif suicidal.gif So, don't worry.
I'm sure GTA V will touch on the PS3's raw power. Because, AFAIK, only a few PS3 games such as TLOU has touched the PS3's limit. Also, GTA V was marketed using the PS3, so I know R* had known the full potential of the PS3 to give it the bst optimization possible.

The PS3 has more RAW power than the X360, except for its RAM and Online Service. suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• The Yardies
  • Portugal

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (Barry Spock @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 00:25)

to improve performance try to disable all auto-save features... it worked for me.

As for dragon riding... it works like that due to performance. Most of my lag spikes happen when sprinting on a horse, my ps3 would disintegrate if I were to roam skyrim at dragon speed.

Also you can turn maxed out skills to Legendary and start over again with them, in case you didn't knew.

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:41 PM Edited by Barry Spock, 30 May 2013 - 07:12 AM.

Xrikey! I didn't knew that about Legendary skills thing. That's helpful because after doing the black books thing I dumped all of the light armour and one-handed weapon perks but then those two skills become ultra-useless being stuck at 100 with no perks. So I shall reset them immediately!

Re auto-save -- good point. I've had it set to autosave every 5mins because I hate it when I die and have to go way back to whatever the last autosave was. But I've been dying a lot less since I got to the mid-60s levels.

There's still heaps of 'dark' blips on the skyrim map and I still gotta find about 5 stones of beraziah or whatever, so plenty of things to do for 9 more levels of exp.

Edit Oh hells yeah -- good tip Grease. Turning off autosave for travel sped things up heaps.

Also, I dumped the light armour score and got back into my Guildmaster's armour and developed a nasty case of baldness.

user posted image

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

Vampires and the TG hood doesn't fit together. i thought they fixed that in the latest patch though.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 12:09)
QUOTE (nightwalker83 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 01:07)
QUOTE (Sakuya @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 04:11)
I personally am burnt out on the game, and the series in general.

I would say the same for me! I have 614 hours so far.

Heh, wimps.

3000 hours and counting, well y'know until Fallout 4 arrives.

Well, I DO play other games as well.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE (Barry Spock @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 22:41)
Edit Oh hells yeah -- good tip Grease. Turning off autosave for travel sped things up heaps.

Also, I dumped the light armour score and got back into my Guildmaster's armour and developed a nasty case of baldness.

user posted image

Travel's the only autosave I left on. It saves whenever you enter a dungeon, so you don't get killed by the boss and respawn 5 dungeons ago. It's the best way of not losing progress imo.

Not played for about three weeks, and I'm still #1 on raptr (360).

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:32 AM

Well this time I really am done. I think my save file is corrupted. I only had three more trophies to get -- legendary, vamp mastered and werewolf mastered. Being a vampire lord was completely unusable - the lag was so bad there was no way I could feed.
And now, the only save I have turned on is at Travel, and I can't get more than 15 minutes before it freezes up and I have to hardboot the console. Curse you bethesda.

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• The Yardies
  • Portugal

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:39 AM

^ What is your save file size?

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (Barry Spock @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 11:02)
Well this time I really am done. I think my save file is corrupted. I only had three more trophies to get -- legendary, vamp mastered and werewolf mastered. Being a vampire lord was completely unusable - the lag was so bad there was no way I could feed.
And now, the only save I have turned on is at Travel, and I can't get more than 15 minutes before it freezes up and I have to hardboot the console. Curse you bethesda.

You only have one save file? Doesn't the system create a backup on the servers?

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:28 AM

I'm on PS3. I don't think it saves to online... I thought it just went on the console HD.
But actually -- if it was going to online, then that might explain my problem -- my net is being throttled because I topped out my monthly quota -- stupid australian internet..

blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:30 AM

I haven't touched this game in so long, a few days ago I started a new Nord and I'm off to adventuring again. I'm doing quests I've never done before and exploring locations I've never been to before. I'm rockin' conjuration, enchanting, and alchemy, as well as pickpocket. This is so great. I'm gonna try to post pics as soon as I can. inlove.gif

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (Barry Spock @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 11:58)
I'm on PS3. I don't think it saves to online... I thought it just went on the console HD.

Ah ok! I wouldn't know how differently the console version behaves, I play the pc version.

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (nightwalker83 @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 03:14)
QUOTE (Barry Spock @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 11:58)
I'm on PS3.  I don't think it saves to online... I thought it just went on the console HD.

Ah ok! I wouldn't know how differently the console version behaves, I play the pc version.

Well just in case I'll wait a couple days til I get my gigabytes back and see if the same thing happens.

blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:13 AM

Me and a couple of my gamer girl-friends are throwing a massive slumber party game night tonight. Can't f*cking wait, Skyrim's our preferred game of the evening. Yusssss.

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• The Yardies
  • Portugal

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:17 AM Edited by Greasepalms, 09 June 2013 - 02:21 AM.

nearly broke my f*cking 200 bucks headphones today due to the insane amount of times my ps3 freezes because of this stupid f*cking game.

I never was one to get mad at video games but f*ck.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (Greasepalms @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 12:47)
nearly broke my f*cking 200 bucks headphones today due to the insane amount of times my ps3 freezes because of this stupid f*cking game.

Why does it freeze? Maybe it's the console.

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• The Yardies
  • Portugal

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:27 AM

QUOTE (nightwalker83 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 21:59)

Skyrim is the only game that freezes on me.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE (Greasepalms @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 03:27)

I find that hard to believe unless you only play skyrim.

Consoles freeze, alot. My 360 and my bros Ps3. It's just something that happens.

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 23:49)

Consoles freeze, alot. My 360 and my bros Ps3. It's just something that happens.

Skyrim is horribly ported to the PS3 so it lags and freezes a a lot and just generally plays like utter sh*t. Other games might freeze here and there, but for some people if they play Skyrim it's a guaranteed crash.

Is it really that hard to believe? sarcasm.gif

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (ozzman1 @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 16:47)

Skyrim is horribly ported to the PS3 so it lags and freezes a a lot and just generally plays like utter sh*t. Other games might freeze here and there, but for some people if they play Skyrim it's a guaranteed crash.

Is it really that hard to believe? sarcasm.gif

I have the same problems on the 360. I've never known a game where I've had to switch my console off and on again because it has frozen so many times. I call it the daily crash, because that's how often it happens. It freezes the whole console too - you can't even bring up the menu to take you back to the dashboard.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (ozzman1 @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 16:47)

Is it really that hard to believe? :sarcasm:

nope, I have 3 massive files on my PS3 and only once has it frozen.

you may need to delete some files on your PS3 but otherwise it's most probably something else.

Twang.
  • Twang.

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

Anyone have the Legendary Edition for PS3 and know if it has the same issues as the standard one? Surely if they fixed it for the new disc, they'd patch it for the old versions...

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

I'm not saying I find it hard to believe skyrim crashes, I find it hard to believe that's the only game that crashes, unless that's the only game you play.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (Sakuya @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 06:31)
Anyone have the Legendary Edition for PS3 and know if it has the same issues as the standard one? Surely if they fixed it for the new disc, they'd patch it for the old versions...

I see the LE advertised on Stream but since I already have the game plus all there DLCs I don't know if there if any point in buying it? confused.gif

blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:48 AM

I'm on PS3 and it's running smooth. Also, first time playing with a Breton today. They're fun. I officially named mine "bretonbro".

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (blitz @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 12:48)
I'm on PS3 and it's running smooth. Also, first time playing with a Breton today. They're fun. I officially named mine "bretonbro".

I've tried playing as a Breton but I found them pretty underwhelming, same with Nords. The only characters I didn't get bored of extremely quickly are Rembrandt Q. Einstein my Altmer mage and Hootie McBoob, my Bosmer archer. Aside from the useless abilities... it's like, I'm a human in real life, I'd rather play as a skinny, elegant, pointy eared and bug eyed magic elf... or a cat-man.

blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 07:39)
QUOTE (blitz @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 12:48)

I've tried playing as a Breton but I found them pretty underwhelming, same with Nords. The only characters I didn't get bored of extremely quickly are Rembrandt Q. Einstein my Altmer mage and Hootie McBoob, my Bosmer archer. Aside from the useless abilities... it's like, I'm a human in real life, I'd rather play as a skinny, elegant, pointy eared and bug eyed magic elf... or a cat-man.

Their character bonus skills are a little bland, but mine's actually pretty cool. I'm so not a role playing type of gamer or anything but I try to hang around the reach and kill every forsworn I come across as well as side with the empire for the gazzilionth time.

I've played with Bosmers and Altmers as well! They both have great bonuses, and the only thing that bugs me from the Bosmers is that they're so small. Oh well, they're still awesome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users