Manhunt 3

28 replies to this topic
Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:48 AM Edited by Ziggy455, 10 December 2010 - 11:56 AM.

Manhunt 3 a possibility in the Future?

SO!

GTA V is being sideswiped as opposed to Rockstar games creating other titles. Going back to their roots.
Max Payne 3, L.A. Noira, Red Dead red- Okay well the list goes on.

I was bored one night, and so after playing the atmospheric, beautifully crafted (albeit some what gruesome) Manhunt, I decided to check out so see how it's predecessor. It wasn't as good as 1, I'll admit that.

Upon checking out sites for information on Manhunt 3, I came across a site where developers of Manhunt 1 insisted that they'd love to make a third one for Next-gen, brining back the infamous Pigsy as well as the previous setting of Carcer.

Discuss what you think would come of the game, do you think it'll happen?

Comment. smile.gif

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:52 AM

Stupid pointless violence games like this must be banned and shouldn't be made at all.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Dec 10 2010, 11:52)
Stupid pointless violence games like this must be banned and shouldn't be made at all.

Why not? Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto all have the same kind of gratutious Violence in them anyway.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:07 PM

GTA & RDR look like Barby Horse Adventures in comparison to Manhunt.

Tyler
  • Tyler

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

• Unknown
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:16 PM

Manhunt is a wonderfully violent video game that usually stars an array of psychopathic people. Why shouldn't it be extremely gory and banned in Australia?

Anyway, I want the third one if it comes out. I just hope the plot is original.

Floro Solo
  • Floro Solo

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:16 PM

yEs BuT R* are the Best rait?!

So what the hell are you complaining about Jack?

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:23 PM

oh f*ck!
i was suprise and though R* have confirm this,but when i enter this topic,i soon realize this is just a rumour was post long longt time ago
but i hope R* will bring us Manhunt 3 again

Ptikobj
  • Ptikobj

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:27 PM

Some people have to push boundaries. Quit being a pussy

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:31 PM

Why not? Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto all have the same kind of gratutious Violence in them anyway.

You comparing two different aspects.

If you know much better than a Deparment of Violence and Justice or Goverment or those who are giving the ban to this games (cuz I'm not so sure who are the people that are doing this), then give more reason that just the one you posted above.

This has to do more with your brain and how it works when he sees such things. How many games are the same as Manhunt Series 100% on cruelty, excluding Postal, Aliens vs. Predator, The Punisher, Condemned Series ?

Manhunt 2 wasn't banned just for nothing, where even on my Romanian News was published for violence & cruelty, because it was too violent. Was for the first time when my news gives such news and I was impressed too.

Violence in games are based on levels. True, even Sims Series or Mario is violent but they are working in such way, that your brain isn't effect in conscious & subconscious mode. Manhunt Series are over the limit because they have real screaming and hurting sounds where you encouter them only in very very hard situations related to your real life, maybe 4-5% of your life time if you are lucky person. Those that are going in army into the warzone, those that are coming back doesn't have with them just simple memories. And just because someone likes such games and like to live in such atmosphere, every day, this isn't my business.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:14 PM

What about the famous movie series Saw?

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:20 PM

With talk about this game. I wanted to include Excessive Horror Movies, but that something different and more 10 times real even if they are just illusions & special effects. Games are not on that level at the moment.

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:23 PM

isn't manhunt banned in the uk anyway, that's just bad news for me because if they do decide to make it i won't be able to play it and it will halt the production of the next gta game, probably

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:43 PM

I don't understand why they make such Excessive Games when they know will have troubles along the way and will not get the full "cake" after so many months on working to such game. A GTA V-Vice City or San Andreas will made big difference and huge improvement or choose any other city or come up with new ideas or stories, etc ... yawn.gif

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (gta3kuruma @ Dec 10 2010, 14:23)
isn't manhunt banned in the uk anyway, that's just bad news for me because if they do decide to make it i won't be able to play it and it will halt the production of the next gta game, probably

It's not banned, but you can only get a heavily censored version.

The story and atmosphere in the Manhunt games are actually really good. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Theodoro
  • Theodoro

Somewhere I Belong

• Members

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:47 PM

Because of this game I murdered all my loved ones with plastic bags.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (gta3kuruma @ Dec 10 2010, 13:23)

I live in the UK.

I own Manhunt 1 and 2.

It's available anywhere.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (Theodoro @ Dec 10 2010, 21:47)
Because of this game I murdered all my loved ones with plastic bags.

serious,i hit my father by a window's glass and chokehold his neck because he got drunk and kick my mom since 2009 Lunar New Year Festival
he should feel lucky that he is alive whatsthat.gif

silentsharklol
  • silentsharklol

Bianco Crime Family

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:20 PM Edited by silentsharklol, 10 December 2010 - 03:33 PM.

i want Manhunt 3. Now. angry.gif
http://www.community...s3/m-p/10654603

Ptikobj
  • Ptikobj

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Dec 10 2010, 14:55)
QUOTE (gta3kuruma @ Dec 10 2010, 13:23)

I live in the UK.

I own Manhunt 1 and 2.

It's available anywhere.

It used to be banned.

CubA_iLL_BrothA
  • CubA_iLL_BrothA

666سنة

• Members

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:44 PM

Violence in games are based on levels. True, even Sims Series or Mario is violent but they are working in such way, that your brain isn't effect in conscious & subconscious mode. Manhunt Series are over the limit because they have real screaming and hurting sounds where you encouter them only in very very hard situations related to your real life, maybe 4-5% of your life time if you are lucky person. Those that are going in army into the warzone, those that are coming back doesn't have with them just simple memories. And just because someone likes such games and like to live in such atmosphere, every day, this isn't my business.

Thumbs up.

pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:58 PM Edited by pyramid head, 10 December 2010 - 11:04 PM.

I would like to see you try and put a ban on life which is more violent than any computer game we live in a kill or be killed kind of world. You have just committed forum suicide suicidal.gif p*****g on videogames on a forum frequented by people who will defend videogames right to exist no matter how gory the content.

gta3kuruma isn't manhunt banned in the uk anyway, that's just bad news for me because if they do decide to make it i won't be able to play it and it will halt the production of the next gta game, probably

The first Manhunt was never banned in the uk it was temporarily taken off shelves by all but hmv who quite rightly said it wasn't their place to act as the public censor, Manhunt 2 was banned in the uk but is now legally available although it is what i like to call neutered the kills are censored Manhunt 2 is still banned in ireland i have it i went over to manchester and bought it and brought it home as big f**k you to the irish censor, i think it's illegal to bring MH2 into ireland but not to own it unlike in Ned Flanders land aka Australia.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:41 AM

eh, couldn't care less. Manhunt 1 was banned in Oz, so it was in NZ too...

Theodoro
  • Theodoro

Somewhere I Belong

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:57 AM

Manhunt would have been a PS2 classic if not for its outdated controls and complete shift in style halfway through. The last few levels were excruciatingly dull and unoriginal.

Cyraxx
  • Cyraxx

Lurker

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:16 AM

As long as it's on PC or I can get a version that works, I'm all for it...

I loved Manhunt 1 and 2, would love to see a next-gen sequel

PHCharls
  • PHCharls

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:09 PM

Iam glad that Rockstar will make a new game smile.gif

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:30 PM

Anyways, I am waiting for Manhunt 3 to play!

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:42 AM

^you just bump the topic
however,there are some rumour about Manhunt 3 will be revealed at this E3

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:18 PM

I hope this is true. Manhunt 3 with 360/PS3 graphics will make everything seem much more realistic. And the RAGE engine on top of that... inlove.gif

pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:36 PM

This topic's description sounds so so wrong, the mental images i'm getting are so wrong.

Back on topic Manhunt 3 may well happen, but i doubt it after the fuss made about Manhunt 2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users