» «
Photo

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

242 replies to this topic
foohy
  • foohy

New username. Member since 11/30/'07.

• Members

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:55 AM Edited by foohy, 19 April 2011 - 12:59 AM.

QUOTE (Minic @ Apr 18 2011, 15:03)
QUOTE (foohy @ Apr 18 2011, 19:36)
QUOTE (Darrel @ Apr 2 2011, 22:21)
This is the last uncharted?

The series was planned as a trilogy from the start.

Naughty Dog have actually said that it WASN'T planned a trilogy.

Really? I'm sure I saw that in a video somewhere around the time Uncharted came out.

edit: Ahh, I still have the video on my PS3. Damn my memory, they said they plan it to be at least a trilogy.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 22 April 2011 - 01:52 AM

Thanks for answer. Uncharted 3 is gonna sell well, so you're right...why stop. 4th Ftw

Colanbarry
  • Colanbarry

Dress classy dance cheesy

• Members

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (Darrel @ Apr 22 2011, 01:52)
Thanks for answer. Uncharted 3 is gonna sell well, so you're right...why stop. 4th Ftw

It's a great series, but the third isn't even out yet and you want a fourth?

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:31 AM

I liked Uncharted 2 very much, it seems that the new villain will be epic aswell.

Shylock
  • Shylock

Gedachtnisse sind genau das.

• The Precinct

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:44 AM

I bought UC1/2 from BB a couple weeks ago for 30$ total as I saw them both on sale. My friend said they were quote "some of the best games and maybe the best series on PS3" so I took his word for it.

Just finished UC1 last night, without any prior knowledge of this series or spoilers about what happens, I'd give UC1 a 8/10. Loved the story, despite the giant holes in the plot. And the levels were beautiful. Pretty solid game. Can't wait to start UC2 (which my friend said was better then UC1) and get ready for UC3 this fall.

Really can't believe I knew nothing of this series for the years its been out.

Rockworm
  • Rockworm

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:50 AM

The first Uncharted was awesome. The second was a nonstop epic ride of awesomeness that I simply can't put into words. I can only see this series getting better. That video of the new villianess has made me so stoked (not that I wasn't already)

foohy
  • foohy

• Members

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (Colanbarry @ Apr 21 2011, 21:11)
QUOTE (Darrel @ Apr 22 2011, 01:52)

It's a great series, but the third isn't even out yet and you want a fourth?

I think his point is that the series has only gotten better so why stop at #3.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:21 AM

Indeed. But i also want Naughty Dog to create another blockbusting next gen franchise .

Dnero
  • Dnero

B4.DA.$$

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (Darrel @ Apr 23 2011, 11:21)
Indeed. But i also want Naughty Dog to create another blockbusting next gen franchise .

Nah, I say let them keep making Uncharted til it's really finish. Then they could make another one...

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:38 PM

Red_Queen
  • Red_Queen

VC-MP, SA-MP & GTAIV-MP Player <3

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

The game looks nice, it got awesome single player, coop, pretty cool multilayer. Day 1 buy for me.

Floro Solo
  • Floro Solo

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

I know they will not include it but:

I WANT SPLITSCREEN CO-OP... cryani.gif

Who else remembers the good old days of playing with four of your friends on the couch and having a good fun evening? It really dissapointed me that the second one didn't have this support either. I don't really like playing against random strangers and not everyone (say: none) of my friends have a PS3. Blah!

Aside from that the Uncharted games are my favorite PS3 series, they should continue on until about four and then come up with some spin-offs or same formula games. I love the characters though and I would hate to see them go forever.

Red_Queen
  • Red_Queen

VC-MP, SA-MP & GTAIV-MP Player <3

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (Floro Solo @ Jun 3 2011, 15:22)

Who else remembers the good old days of playing with four of your friends on the couch and having a good fun evening? It really dissapointed me that the second one didn't have this support either. I don't really like playing against random strangers and not everyone (say: none) of my friends have a PS3. Blah!

Aside from that the Uncharted games are my favorite PS3 series, they should continue on until about four and then come up with some spin-offs or same formula games. I love the characters though and I would hate to see them go forever.

i think this game will have splittscreen coop. not sure thought orly.gif

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:39 AM

The beta is out and it is awesome. The multiplayer has been vastly improved, however the party/invite system appears to be broken.

Dnero
  • Dnero

B4.DA.$$

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (Linki @ Friday, Jul 1 2011, 00:39)
The beta is out and it is awesome. The multiplayer has been vastly improved, however the party/invite system appears to be broken.

It's awesome indeed, but the character movement is still a bit clunky. I like the sprint button but it doesn't feel natural, and also the reloading on the R2 is sometimes annoying because I kept pressing square if I wanted to reload. confused.gif

Alick
  • Alick

L)VE

• Members

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Floro Solo @ Friday, Jun 3 2011, 16:22)

The game does have split screen, it's in the beta, had a few games with a friend the other night. Loving it so far but I hate the how clunky the running is.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (foohy @ Sunday, Apr 3 2011, 10:24)
QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Apr 2 2011, 12:02)
Looks like old London town to me in this "Meet Katherine Marlowe" trailer

<snip>

I wonder why it is that Naughty Dog has such a hard time with vehicles. They always look so stiff and unnatural in their behavior; like they're floating across the ground instead of reacting to it. And they don't look terribly great either; what's with the nearly opaque windows?

Though I'm excited to see some action that doesn't involve pirates, jungles or ruins! A fast-paced chase through buildings and rooftops in a busy city sounds incredible! Also -- Drake in a suit.

The 2nd one had a large chunk of action across rooftops in a city, did you play it?
To the people who say he is a little chubbier, maybe he is aging?
Nathan Drake is probably the most sexiest male gaming protoganist alive. And no I'm not homosexual

If there was one person i would turn gay for...

Man i really hope people don't go out and buy this without playing the others, it is so important to do that, so you learn the characters.

Rockworm
  • Rockworm

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Sunday, Jul 3 2011, 23:42)
[QUOTE=foohy,Sunday, Apr 3 2011, 10:24] [QUOTE=II J0SePh X II,Apr 2 2011, 12:02] Looks like old London town to me in this "Meet Katherine Marlowe" trailer

Man i really hope people don't go out and buy this without playing the others, it is so important to do that, so you learn the characters.

LOL indeed I got a friend from work who I was talking to before I was going out to buy Uncharted 1. this was his response.

"don't bother with the first its crap get the the second one its ten times better"
"yeah but the story and no it doesn't suck i've played it."
"ok maybe doesn't suck but its not as good as the 2nd."
"dude your telling me to skip New Hope and go straight to Empire Strikes Back its not happening."

Like I was gonna listen to him anyway the guy doesn't even have PS3 but an Xbox. He thinks Uncharted 2 and ONLY Uncharted 2 is the only good game on the system tounge.gif .

Anyway I started a new game of the first and the shootouts tend to piss me off the enemy AI is brutal!

and the Multiplayer Beta is fun but gets old very fast only 2 maps sheesh.

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (Rockworm @ Monday, Jul 4 2011, 04:29)

Anyway I started a new game of the first and the shootouts tend to piss me off the enemy AI is brutal!

turn on Crushing difficulty and prepare to suffer suicidal.gif

Also, the beta is just for PS+ or am I missing something here?

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (Rockworm @ Monday, Jul 4 2011, 14:29)
[QUOTE=finn4life,Sunday, Jul 3 2011, 23:42] [QUOTE=foohy,Sunday, Apr 3 2011, 10:24] [QUOTE=II J0SePh X II,Apr 2 2011, 12:02] Looks like old London town to me in this "Meet Katherine Marlowe" trailer

Man i really hope people don't go out and buy this without playing the others, it is so important to do that, so you learn the characters. [/QUOTE]
LOL indeed I got a friend from work who I was talking to before I was going out to buy Uncharted 1. this was his response.

"don't bother with the first its crap get the the second one its ten times better"
"yeah but the story and no it doesn't suck i've played it."
"ok maybe doesn't suck but its not as good as the 2nd."
"dude your telling me to skip New Hope and go straight to Empire Strikes Back its not happening."

Like I was gonna listen to him anyway the guy doesn't even have PS3 but an Xbox. He thinks Uncharted 2 and ONLY Uncharted 2 is the only good game on the system tounge.gif .

Yeah, exactly this, the first story is unmissable, shows how naive some people are.
Yeah the AI on number 1 are pretty damn hard to hit, it's like they are made of spaghetti.

Rockworm
  • Rockworm

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (Greasepalms @ Monday, Jul 4 2011, 11:37)
QUOTE (Rockworm @ Monday, Jul 4 2011, 04:29)

turn on Crushing difficulty and prepare to suffer suicidal.gif

Also, the beta is just for PS+ or am I missing something here?

Did you not activate your free PS+ from the welcome back offer?

Or you get a code if you pre-ordered INfamous 2

either way thats just for the first week. It will be open to everyone starting tommorrow I think.

gta 4 gamer
  • gta 4 gamer

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:59 PM

Is it just me or does anyone feel a significant change when using the Ak-47 in the beta when compared to the U2 multiplayer?

I liked the old AK47 better. mad.gif

Other than that, it seems like the multiplayer will be great as expected!

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:04 PM

EVERYONE uses the AK-47 with the faster fire rate, I don't get why. The M9 is so much better in my opinion, it ends up killing people a lot faster, hell I started shooting someone using the AK, had to reload the M9 and still managed to kill them while they were still shooting me.

Still the beta is great, I love it but it's a bit of a grind trying to get the extras to carry over to the full game, FFA seemed to take forever even though it's just 10 games of it.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:26 AM

All you need is a pistol, fire at someone from the hip twice, then punch.

Rinse and repeat.

gta 4 gamer
  • gta 4 gamer

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Tuesday, Jul 5 2011, 01:26)

Rinse and repeat.

Yes...and then die instantly if a second enemy is close to you when you punched his team-mate. tounge.gif

Anton4291
  • Anton4291

Why are you reading this?

• Members

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:47 PM

Has anybody else had trouble joining games in the beta? it usually takes several minutes for me to join a game. I do not think this is lag as I do not encounter this problem in other games. Has this happened to anybody else?

foohy
  • foohy

• Members

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:28 PM

I am incredibly surprised! I am blown away at how much of an improvement this is over U2's multiplayer. The maps are better, the weapons are better and, best of all, I don't lag or have problems connecting! I never thought I would get into a online 3PS, but this is quickly changing my mind. I'm playing this more than Black Ops and and BC2 and loving every minute of it. Bravo, Naughty Dog.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

Sounds like a lot of fun, i am gonna get it tonight, along with the outlander demo.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (gta 4 gamer @ Tuesday, Jul 5 2011, 21:21)
QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Tuesday, Jul 5 2011, 01:26)

Rinse and repeat.

Yes...and then die instantly if a second enemy is close to you when you punched his team-mate. tounge.gif

They're usually not, but yeah you get that.

CubA_iLL_BrothA
  • CubA_iLL_BrothA

666سنة

• Members

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (Anton4291 @ Tuesday, Jul 5 2011, 10:47)
Has anybody else had trouble joining games in the beta? it usually takes several minutes for me to join a game. I do not think this is lag as I do not encounter this problem in other games. Has this happened to anybody else?

I had trouble joining when U2 Beta came out, but it only takes me like a few seconds now to join a game, or 20-30 seconds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users