Photo

John Lennon (1940-1980)

52 replies to this topic
NikoGTA4
  • NikoGTA4

Ringolo

• Members

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:46 AM

At around 10:50 pm on 8 December 1980, as Lennon and Ono returned to their New York apartment in The Dakota, Mark David Chapman shot Lennon in the back four times at the entrance to the building. Lennon was taken to the emergency room of nearby Roosevelt Hospital and was pronounced dead on arrival at 11:07 pm.[122] Earlier that evening, Lennon had autographed a copy of Double Fantasy for Chapman.[123]

Ono issued a statement the next day, saying "There is no funeral for John," ending it with the words, "John loved and prayed for the human race. Please pray the same for him."[124] His body was cremated at Ferncliff Cemetery in Hartsdale, New York. Ono scattered his ashes in New York's Central Park, where the Strawberry Fields memorial was later created.[125] Chapman pleaded guilty to second degree murder and was sentenced to 20 years to life; as of 2010, he remains in prison, having been repeatedly denied parole.[126][127]

30 years ago that John Lennon was killed. It's really sad. I wonder how the music would be if he was still alive. I liked all of his music. RIP.
John is still remembered.

silentsharklol
  • silentsharklol

Bianco Crime Family

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:56 AM

Sad sad.gif

Germaniac_84
  • Germaniac_84

Relax....Don't Do it!

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:53 AM

What I don't understand is why did Mark David Chapman kill him? Was he just a psychopath who felt like killing, or was in premeditated?

riquenunes
  • riquenunes

Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:54 AM

He read The Catcher in The Rye, so yeah, books are bad, don't read them.

Germaniac_84
  • Germaniac_84

Relax....Don't Do it!

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:01 AM

Exactly why I don't read sh*t, except for things like this on the internet. Look at all the problems and chaos reading causes.

Examples of books that cause trouble/chaos: The Holy Bible, The Holy Qur'an, The Torah, Mein Kampf, The Communist Manifesto, The Turner Diaries, The Da Vinci Code, and so on and so fourth.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE (Germaniac_84 @ Dec 8 2010, 06:01)

Exactly why I don't read sh*t, except for things like this on the internet. Look at all the problems and chaos reading causes.

Don't be silly, you don't read because you're lazy. Stop making up excuses.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE (Germaniac_84 @ Dec 8 2010, 16:01)

Examples of books that cause trouble/chaos: The Holy Bible, The Holy Qur'an, The Torah, Mein Kampf, The Communist Manifesto, The Turner Diaries, The Da Vinci Code, and so on and so fourth.

That's possibly the most stupid thing I've ever read.

Anywho, I feel ashamed, as a life-long Beatles fan, that I forgot that today was thirty years. John Lennon was an icon of mine whilst growing up, and despite him being gone for such a long time, his music is timeless and will always remain a part of me.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<629

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:22 AM

Paul McCartney's tribute to John.

I shall be listening to a ton of songs by The Beatles today.

markwey
  • markwey

Cool Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:30 AM

John sure was a great artist.

30 years already... =(

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

- "Imagine"

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:39 AM

I was not even alive when he died, but i am a fan of his music, i hate the fact he was young as well (relatively) he still had half his life ahead of him.

XMike
  • XMike

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (Stefche @ Dec 8 2010, 01:56)

Does it make you want to... kill?

Stink_Fist
  • Stink_Fist

Goo Goo G'Joob

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:02 AM

I wasn't around when he was, but I am a huge fan of his work. I admire his work with The Beatles over his solo/Yoko Ono stuff. The worst thing about Lennon's death is the fact that he was only 40, way too f*cking young.

One of his best pieces of work imo, along with Strawberry Fields.

Algonquin Bridge
  • Algonquin Bridge

Large, metallic bridge structure carrying cars across water.

• Members

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:48 PM

Such a waste. Haven't listened to much of his solo/Yoko collab work, but I can appreciate the impact he had after leaving the Beatles.

Anyway, here's a personal Lennon favourite.

I now realise that John will never steal my girl away from me.
Probably helps that I don't have a girl to be stolen from me in the first place.

SanAndreasManiac
  • SanAndreasManiac

Now I am become death, destroyer of the worlds

• Members

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (Algonquin Bridge @ Dec 8 2010, 11:48)
Probably helps that I don't have a girl to be stolen from me in the first place.

the advantages of being a "Forever Alone"... I know that only too well

ON: I always loved Lennon's music, it's such a shame so many talented and good people loke him is taken away by psychos with nothing as reason

@H3R1QU3: not all books are really harmful... some are stupider than others *cough* Twilight *cough*
Hater's Haters will hate

Germaniac_84
  • Germaniac_84

Relax....Don't Do it!

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:28 PM

Does it make you want to... kill?

Well, now that you mention it....

TheSiggi
  • TheSiggi

Surgeon

• Members

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:02 PM Edited by The_Siggi, 08 December 2010 - 04:13 PM.

QUOTE (Stefche @ Dec 8 2010, 07:56)

Wow, first time I'm agreeing with you Sefche icon14.gif

"Who the f*ck reads books???" - Inteligent people, I guess.

He was a great man, sadly oblidged to a stupid and touchy grace confused.gif
I hope he found a place like he imagined it... and I hope he has a piano right there...

definately a masterpiece icon14.gif

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (The_Siggi @ Dec 8 2010, 16:02)
I hope he found a place like he imagined it... and I hope he has a piano right there...

What the f*ck are you talking about?

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:56 PM

I don't like Lennon, I don't like his music, I don't like his philosophy on life, I just don't like him or what he represents. He is my antithesis, he really is.
But I will say that he didn't deserve to get gunned down like a sick animal. And especially not by a fat sack of sh*t who just wanted to get famous. He had guts and he had talent, people so gifted shouldn't die that way.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (Claude Speed. @ Dec 8 2010, 14:13)

You know, some people beleave in heaven.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

His death(assassination) is one of those historic events where everyone can recant where they where when they heard the news. That says allot about how much he influenced the world.

So strange to think it has been 30yrs. Yet 'Imagine' can still draw a tear from me.

Germaniac_84
  • Germaniac_84

Relax....Don't Do it!

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:34 PM

I don't like Lennon, I don't like his music, I don't like his philosophy on life, I just don't like him or what he represents. He is my antithesis, he really is.
But I will say that he didn't deserve to get gunned down like a sick animal. And especially not by a fat sack of sh*t who just wanted to get famous. He had guts and he had talent, people so gifted shouldn't die that way.

I agree, no matter who you are nobody deserves to die like that.

TheSiggi
  • TheSiggi

Surgeon

• Members

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (goin-god @ Dec 8 2010, 19:57)

Well not me, that's for sure. @Claude Speed: John Lennons philosiphy was about a world of peace unliek the sh*t we're living in nowerdays. You didn't watch the clip, right? Otherwise you'd've understood what the message of the song is and wouldn't have asked such a dump question!!! I'm starting to think the date of birth you named in your profile is nothing but the truth!

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:58 PM Edited by Claude Speed., 08 December 2010 - 07:03 PM.

QUOTE (goin-god @ Dec 8 2010, 17:57)

I agree, if it exists. you spelled believe wrong

@The_Siggi, I asked 'What the f*ck are you talking about' specifically referring to the quoted post. What the f*ck are you talking about? I wasn't criticizing Lennon or anything, so chillax.
And what is a 'dump question'? A question about dump? lol.gif

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:04 PM

Meh, the best Beatle (Ringo) is still alive, that's what counts.

TheSiggi
  • TheSiggi

Surgeon

• Members

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Claude Speed. @ Dec 8 2010, 20:58)
@The_Siggi, I asked 'What the f*ck are you talking about' specifically referring to the quoted post. What the f*ck are you talking about? I wasn't criticizing Lennon or anything, so chillax.
And what is a 'dump question'? A question about dump? lol.gif

You realy don't get it, do you?
I know there is absolutely no way that John Lennon is somewhere else than 6ft under the ground. Finding someones peace?
No, its a modified version of a dumb qustion which statement can't equal someones failure thus the detour is used, by making the picture of dump appear in your head.
No whats chillax? A new designer drug fuсking up the brains of romanian youngsters? damnit!

JayM
  • JayM

Mighty Ink

• Members

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:26 PM

It's an abrupt and unfair way to die, murdered by a pathetic piece of sh*t who wants to gain your fame. Who knows what else Lennon might have done, but at least we have the music of the Beatles and some solo stuff.

As for reading being dangerous..........seriously?

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:56 PM Edited by WF the Hobgoblin, 08 December 2010 - 07:59 PM.

QUOTE (The_Siggi @ Dec 8 2010, 20:14)
I know there is absolutely no way that John Lennon is somewhere else than 6ft under the ground.

And here I thought he was all over central park. tounge.gif

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:30 PM Edited by tripmills, 09 December 2010 - 10:13 PM.

QUOTE (The_Siggi @ Dec 8 2010, 19:14)
QUOTE (Claude Speed. @ Dec 8 2010, 20:58)
And what is a 'dump question'? A question about dump?  lol.gif

You realy don't get it, do you?
I know there is absolutely no way that John Lennon is somewhere else than 6ft under the ground. Finding someones peace?
No, its a modified version of a dumb qustion which statement can't equal someones failure thus the detour is used, by making the picture of dump appear in your head.
No whats chillax? A new designer drug fuсking up the brains of romanian youngsters? damnit!

Fighting in a topic dedicated to a man who wanted nothing but peace just seems wrong. Very wrong.

NikoGTA4
  • NikoGTA4

Ringolo

• Members

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:18 PM

His music is timeless. Stop fighting guys and enjoy his music right now.
My favourite Beatles album has always been The White Album even though everyone in the band was fighting during the recording. My favourite Beatles tracks are Revolution and Rain, both written by Lennon. He had such a great writing talent.

Chunk
  • Chunk

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:49 PM

Great musician, but was a bit of a wanker.

R.I.P.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users