» «
Photo

Turning right

8 replies to this topic
Jaymond Flurrie
  • Jaymond Flurrie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:38 PM Edited by Jaymond Flurrie, 06 December 2010 - 12:42 PM.

So this one is happening only in GTA3, not in any other game and not in Windows: As soon as I start to play, the character just turns around to right unless I press against it to left. It makes the game impossible to play, but how do I "reset" the look ie. tell the game that no-one is pressing anything to right? It's basically like in old games from early 90's where before the game started you were able to calibrate your joystick so that when it rests it isn't pointed to for example right. The problem here naturally is that GTA3 doesn't have (or does it?) such a calibration screen, so I don't know how to fix it.

I was able to play this game earlier (around six months ago), but I didn't have this problem back then.

Any ideas?

And those system infoes:

* Operating system: XP SP3
* Video/Graphics card type + graphics memory: GTX 460 768MB
* Processor: Core2Duo e6300
* RAM (random access memory): 4GB DDR2
* If you have installed mods, search or post a topic in this forum: Not really, only MouseJail (I tried without and didn't solve the problem)

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:13 PM

stop pressing D

Jaymond Flurrie
  • Jaymond Flurrie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (OnePiece @ Dec 6 2010, 13:13)
stop pressing D

That's actually the problem, no-one is pressing D or numpad 6. The question is that how do I tell that to GTA3?

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:05 PM

Delete gta3.set from My Documents\GTA 3 User Files. Are you using a controller\gamepad ?

Jaymond Flurrie
  • Jaymond Flurrie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (Claude Speed. @ Dec 6 2010, 14:05)
Delete gta3.set from My Documents\GTA 3 User Files. Are you using a controller\gamepad ?

No, I'm using just keyboard/mouse. No gamepads or controllers are in use... wait a minute, I have installed my gamepad though, maybe that's the problem here? mercie_blink.gif

Jaymond Flurrie
  • Jaymond Flurrie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (Jaymond Flurrie @ Dec 6 2010, 14:32)
QUOTE (Claude Speed. @ Dec 6 2010, 14:05)

No, I'm using just keyboard/mouse. No gamepads or controllers are in use... wait a minute, I have installed my gamepad though, maybe that's the problem here? mercie_blink.gif

It was that! I haven't used my game controller, it has just been there plugged, I unplugged in, character stop from turning around on it's own ie. problem solved.

Thanks for saving my day!

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:51 PM

Don't mention it. You probably would have found the answer to your problem on your own anyway.

Jaymond Flurrie
  • Jaymond Flurrie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (Claude Speed. @ Dec 6 2010, 14:51)
Don't mention it. You probably would have found the answer to your problem on your own anyway.

Probably not, because my gamepad doesn't even have batteries in it and only the receiver was plugged in. I haven't used the gamepad in months.

ridebmxx3
  • ridebmxx3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:53 PM

hey i have the same walking problem and im on a 2.53 macbook pro 8 gigs , and the game worked perfectly for days until i downloaded controllermate and i may have updated internal drivers after i seen this post what can i do when running osx 10.6 plz plz helpm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users