» «
Photo

[REL] Better colors for Project Oblivion2010

38 replies to this topic
vurt
  • vurt

GTA III RAGE

• Members

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:23 PM Edited by vurt, 16 May 2012 - 08:21 AM.

user posted image

Please notice, this is NOT the complete mod Project Oblivion 2010HQ, you have to find the mod from some other source. This is just a texture overhaul for that mod! Oblivion Project 2010HQ needs to be installed first!

Features:

* Improved textures for Project Oblivion 2010 to better fit the GTA:SA environment.
* A few new textures, such as bushes and desert plants (not found in Project Oblivion)
* Replaced the hi-poly tall palm trees with a more performance friendly version that doesnt glow in the dark.

Why did i create this mod?

I find the original textures in Project Oblivion 2010 much too bright, and overall not very natural looking in the GTA enviroment. At night time many of the textures looked like they were glowing, these textures fixes that. There were also some really bad textures that i thought needed replacement in this otherwise great mod. Almost every texture is either edited or replaced, the replaced textures are my own (some are from my Morrowind mods).

One problem with Project Oblivion is that many of the meshes has an rediculous amount of polygons, not really suited for games at all. I've replaced the tall palm trees with retextured default palms. I did not like how they looked in Project Oblivion, the palm leaves would glow in the dark and the extreme polycount can really drag down the performance.

Download:

http://www.multiupload.nl/TMUTPEH9A4
or http://www.2shared.c...for_PO2010.html

Installation:

Install order: SRT3 1.7 (recommended) - Oblivion Project 2010HQ - Better Colors.

To place my textures into the game you need to add the files from the gta3.img-folder to your gta3.img file. To do this you can use ImgPro ( http://www.filefront...39276/IMG-Tool/ ). Inside the program you use the Command "Replace" for all my files in the gta3.img folder. You should NOT use Add. After that you might need to rebuild the archive (also under "Commands"). The other folders needs to be copied to your GTA:SA folder (do not copy the GTA3.img-folder), make sure you get the folder structure right when you paste the folders.

Kalvin'
  • Kalvin'

----------

• Members

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:28 PM

Dude, you get permission from author to edit his/her/their mod?

vurt
  • vurt

GTA III RAGE

• Members

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:39 PM Edited by vurt, 05 December 2010 - 09:42 PM.

QUOTE (Secretagents1 @ Dec 5 2010, 21:28)
Dude, you get permission from author to edit his/her/their mod?

You do realize that everything in Project Oblivion is stolen from other people or from Oblivion to begin with? tounge.gif He has even stolen a texture from one of my early Morrowind mods, lol. Do you think he got permission from Bethesda to use their textures? wink.gif Its great what they've accomplished, but they're no model or texture artists and the credit for those textures does not belong to the mod makers of PO2010. I really doubt they've made the trees either, no one who knows anything about modelling would make them that hi-poly for a game.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:16 PM

Yeah, but at least you didn't do nothing related to this mod. Taken or non-taken from other games by stealing, is his problem, but stealing from other persons where they did everything and you not.. you are just dust to us and nothing more.
If you can open a topic with this mod, the same, I have the privilege to open a same topic with the same mod because I have the same "freedom as you, of putting this things by my your own hand" because what you think is normal to happend or be. From this point, how many topic can be opened by every user from here before is getting locked - 100-500 or maybe 1000 topics related to the same mod ?!

Now is clear for you to understand the situation ?! Already a topic got locked. You just wasted your time opening such topic.

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=464367

vurt
  • vurt

GTA III RAGE

• Members

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:29 PM Edited by vurt, 05 December 2010 - 10:49 PM.

QUOTE (-BLITZ- @ Dec 5 2010, 22:16)
Yeah, but at least you didn't do nothing related to this mod. Taken or non-taken from other games by stealing, is his problem, but stealing from other persons where they did everything and you not.. you are just dust to us and nothing more.
If you can open a topic with this mod, the same, I have the privilege to open a same topic with the same mod because I have the same "freedom as you, of putting this things by my your own hand" because what you think is normal to happend or be. From this point, how many topic can be opened by every user from here before is getting locked - 100-500 or maybe 1000 topics related to the same mod ?!

Now is clear for you to understand the situation ?! Already a topic got locked. You just wasted your time opening such topic.

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=464367

Well, you were distrubuting the whole mod or linking to it in the wrong section, that was your problem from what i can see.. I'm not. I'm just sharing my own textures + edited textures from Oblivion and a few other sources - i'm not sharing anything that belongs to the mod authors of Project Oblivion.

To use my mod you need to install Project Oblivion 2010 which you have to download from another source.

Texture overhauls for other people's mods is usually not something you need permission to do. I've been very active in the modding community for many different games, and that's usually how it works. I don't see why this community would be different. Distributing other people's complete mods, sharing maps and other stuff that they've created, that's a whole different matter and would ofcourse require a permission.

Darecki
  • Darecki

a.k.a LinkinDark

• Members

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

All I want to say is... That looks much better than original! wink.gif Good work. icon14.gif

Meedo
  • Meedo

When life gives you lemons, just add vodka.

• Members

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:12 PM

Well I have tried them with SRT3

But I'm not getting any colors in my trees,plants,palms etc ...

I got some screen shots to show you what is the problem :

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Please I need your help man , I want to try this mod please :$ :$

vurt
  • vurt

GTA III RAGE

• Members

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:21 PM

It looks like you havent installed Project Oblivion 2010HQ, because you have the default trees. If you have installed it you did something wrong, read the instructions that comes with that mod.

The install order is:

SRT3 1.7 - Oblivion Project 2010HQ - Better Colors

This mod is made specifically for Oblivion Project 2010HQ, like the title of the mod says.

Meedo
  • Meedo

• Members

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:58 PM

Really I installed the mod with srt3 by img manager as they written in the readme file sad.gif !!

But I don't know why that problem is coming only in my game sad.gif

vurt
  • vurt

GTA III RAGE

• Members

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:07 PM

It's difficult to say which step has gotten wrong. Install SRT3 first, make sure it works by starting the game. Install Project Oblivion 2010HQ and makes sure it works, then last install my mod. In which step does it go wrong?

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:25 PM

I'm not sure (cuz I didn't play GTA from a good time) but I think 79% it has to do with gta_proc_bush.txd & newtreeleaves128 (first pictures)
Or if still ... gta_proc_bush.txd & new_bushsm.dff

I had the same problems ones when I installed SRT3 + PO 2007HQ for the first time.

Meedo
  • Meedo

• Members

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:35 PM

Well thanks for trying to help vurt !!

I cant remember where the problem was !!

But it's working very good now , cause I Installed a new game without SRT3 biggrin.gif

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Btw. I'm getting around 75 fps without enb series biggrin.gif

The FireStarteR
  • The FireStarteR

Keep dreaming, T'Soni.

• Members

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:23 PM

Damn. After installing SRT3, PO2010, this mod and ENB with disabled occlusions, DOF and bump, SA goes like a slideshow when I look on the trees. Also even Stream Memory Fix can't save me from LODs nearby. I can't believe my GF 9600GT with 512 MB VRAM as old as mammoth's sh*t.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:05 PM

PO 2010 has to many objects to such old game. Doesn't matter how low the textures are if the objects are in tens only in one place like mushrooms.

If you remember clear, the default game with no mods, most of the tress around 6-7 in one place around the countryside is still making the game to lagg on medium/high to very high GFX or what the name was of that option in advance options.

vurt
  • vurt

GTA III RAGE

• Members

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:20 PM Edited by vurt, 09 December 2010 - 10:34 AM.

The biggest problem with PO is the hi poly count of the trees. As an example a tree in PO can be 1MB+ big(!) this compared to the original trees which can be 10-15 kb.. The difference in polycount is just extreme, games like Crysis etc doesnt use trees with that many polygons, not even half of what's in PO. I have many tree models myself (i've done hundreds over the last year) that i've created for other mods that i've done for Morrowind. They are low-poly but often looks just as good as the trees in PO. I'd love to convert them but it seems to to be such a hassle confused.gif + i'm used to working in Blender where i cant import/export the .dff format.

It would also make a big difference to reduce the polys that the grass meshes use, since there's a lof of grass in some places.

Anyone any good at converting? If so i can send you my tree models (3ds or .obj format) and we can make this mod more performance friendly..

some examples of trees i've done that are very low poly (at least compared to PO):

http://www.tesnexus....-1286633509.jpg

http://www.tesnexus....-1288064220.jpg

http://www.tesnexus....-1276199296.jpg

http://www.tesnexus....-1287943065.jpg

vurt
  • vurt

GTA III RAGE

• Members

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:58 AM Edited by vurt, 10 December 2010 - 02:05 AM.

1.1 available.

Change log:

* performance friendlier grass
* fixed some of the Agave textures which had an inverted alpha channel.
* Darkened and/or recolored some of the textures.
* 1 New .tdx added with a retexured plant

Yotta
  • Yotta

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:36 PM

Hey vurt, check your inbox please wink.gif

Pawelo
  • Pawelo

:)

• Members

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:47 PM

Can you do sometging to PO2010 don't lag on my PC? or can you only extract for me palms to replacze with old? because from PO2010 i like all but for me i would have new palms than trees can you?

atfburner
  • atfburner

under the trapdoor

• Members

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:09 PM Edited by atfburner, 16 January 2011 - 06:22 PM.

your mod at gtagarage has been removed suicidal.gif

Ive done similar editing of PO back in 2008 for personal use, SA certainly looks better with low poly stuff.

vurt
  • vurt

GTA III RAGE

• Members

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:47 PM Edited by vurt, 16 January 2011 - 08:50 PM.

QUOTE (atfburner @ Jan 16 2011, 18:09)
your mod at gtagarage has been removed  suicidal.gif

Ive done similar editing of PO back in 2008 for personal use, SA certainly looks better with low poly stuff.

yeah, they dont allow external links for some reason (i guess they think, for some strange reason, that its a good idea to put all the strain on their own server ). Its a big mod so it requires some FTP account, it didnt really seemed worth the trouble, the other links still works.

Can you do sometging to PO2010 don't lag on my PC? or can you only extract for me palms to replacze with old? because from PO2010 i like all but for me i would have new palms than trees can you?

A way to make PO more performance friendly would be to change the models into something much more polygon friendly. Unfortunately i only work in Blender and getting the models into the game from there just isnt possible.

Replacing the palms trees is an especially bad idea since those are very hi-poly (1MB+ big files which is just insane, a very nice looking palm tree can be made under 200kb). The palm trees in PO2010 are bad in other ways too, i really disliked how they glowed in the dark, looks really terrible. It was the only tree where i prefered the original trees instead.

amEx-pl
  • amEx-pl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:10 PM

Vurt, i have small problem with your mod.
I see on your pictures completely diffrent palms than mine after installing this mod

your pic:
user posted image

mine:
user posted image

I have installed only SRT 1.7, PO2010 and your mod. Have you got any solution for this ? Your palms is awesome, mine - tooo greeeen.
Hope you'll help smile.gif

vurt
  • vurt

GTA III RAGE

• Members

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:56 PM

hmm, the texture itself is in gta_tree_palm.txd (just checked). Did you install in the recommended order? You could try installing my mod again i guess.

amEx-pl
  • amEx-pl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:42 PM Edited by amEx-pl, 17 January 2011 - 08:08 PM.

I installed it 100 times, and everytime is identical confused.gif Check Meedo post, after install he has got the same palms as me. Maybe you forget to add some file ? I don't know, but something is wrong..

EDIT:
I extracted gta_tree_palm.txd from my gta3.img and opened with TxdWorkshop, and..... texture was good ! So, why the game uses old PO2010 texture ??
I also saw, that the highest palms are looking good ! But smaller (like on my picture, not) http://img153.images.../1237/palm2.jpg

vurt
  • vurt

GTA III RAGE

• Members

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

yes, not all palms are the old palms (with my textures), some are from Project Oblivion 2010.. if you just want all palms to be the old ones you can probably extract all files named *palm.dff from your unedited (you did make a backup, right?) gta3.img..

NYDMT
  • NYDMT

f*ck mr. blonde

• Members

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:05 AM

kk i installed srt 1.7 and my game worked fine
but after i placed the project oblivion 2010 data folder(models folder worked fine when i added it to the game and tested) in the gta game directory
my game crashes on the beginning loading
any help?

MOD TADO
  • MOD TADO

• Members

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:52 PM

AWESOME!!!! LOOKS REALLY!!

Nanda97
  • Nanda97

procrastinator

• Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

I'm sorry but all of the links in multiupload are dead

vurt
  • vurt

GTA III RAGE

• Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

works fine for me... http://www.wupload.c...PO2010_v1.1.rar

TheDarkySide
  • TheDarkySide

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (vurt @ Tuesday, Feb 7 2012, 14:48)
works fine for me... http://www.wupload.c...PO2010_v1.1.rar

Thank you very much for reupload the file.
Of course, this excellent, now is not so green vegetation.
It is now more realistic.
Certainly this excellent.
Before vegetation could be seen at night and it was not realistic.

TogherMikki
  • TogherMikki

GTA San Andreas Map Modder

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (vurt @ Sunday, Dec 5 2010, 18:23)
user posted image

Please notice, this is NOT the complete mod Project Oblivion 2010HQ, you have to find the mod from some other source. This is just a texture overhaul for that mod! Oblivion Project 2010HQ needs to be installed first!

Features:

* Improved textures for Project Oblivion 2010 to better fit the GTA:SA environment.
* A few new textures, such as bushes and desert plants (not found in Project Oblivion)
* Replaced the hi-poly tall palm trees with a more performance friendly version that doesnt glow in the dark.

Why did i create this mod?

I find the original textures in Project Oblivion 2010 much too bright, and overall not very natural looking in the GTA enviroment. At night time many of the textures looked like they were glowing, these textures fixes that. There were also some really bad textures that i thought needed replacement in this otherwise great mod. Almost every texture is either edited or replaced, the replaced textures are my own (some are from my Morrowind mods).

One problem with Project Oblivion is that many of the meshes has an rediculous amount of polygons, not really suited for games at all. I've replaced the tall palm trees with retextured default palms. I did not like how they looked in Project Oblivion, the palm leaves would glow in the dark and the extreme polycount can really drag down the performance.

Download:

http://www.multiupload.com/4V25V84SD0

..new link in case the old goes down: http://www.multiupload.com/EIV454RLM5

Installation:

Install order: SRT3 1.7 (recommended) - Oblivion Project 2010HQ - Better Colors.

To place my textures into the game you need to add the files from the gta3.img-folder to your gta3.img file. To do this you can use ImgPro ( http://www.filefront...39276/IMG-Tool/ ). Inside the program you use the Command "Replace" for all my files in the gta3.img folder. You should NOT use Add. After that you might need to rebuild the archive (also under "Commands"). The other folders needs to be copied to your GTA:SA folder (do not copy the GTA3.img-folder), make sure you get the folder structure right when you paste the folders.

Link's down, bro ):

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users