Zombocalypse Mod

58 replies to this topic
ubtri
  • ubtri

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:34 AM

A new update to motorsport126's "Left 4 Liberty Infection" V3 is about to be released.. Hope we can say the same for this skin pack! We're the ravenous dead and we're hungry for new, awesome zombie skins!
:-)

I've been beta testing the lovely left 4 liberty v3 and here's some videos of it in action!

MrSnaztastic
  • MrSnaztastic

Machinimator

• Members

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (ubtri @ Friday, Oct 14 2011, 00:34)
A new update to motorsport126's "Left 4 Liberty Infection" V3 is about to be released.. Hope we can say the same for this skin pack! We're the ravenous dead and we're hungry for new, awesome zombie skins!
:-)

I hope so too.

A new version was sumitted to GTA Garage over two weeks ago, but it still hasn't been hosted on the site yet. Wondering what's going on over there...

fakespyder
  • fakespyder

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:29 PM

It has appeared as a download at gtagarage...(downloading now). thanks again MrSnaztastic for your hard work colgate.gif

ubtri
  • ubtri

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:16 PM

Awesome!

MrSnaztastic
  • MrSnaztastic

Machinimator

• Members

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:52 AM Edited by MrSnaztastic, 22 November 2011 - 04:15 AM.

latest zombie..
user posted image

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:37 AM

Nice to see an update! Keep up the good work.

MrSnaztastic
  • MrSnaztastic

Machinimator

• Members

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:35 AM Edited by MrSnaztastic, 22 November 2011 - 04:13 AM.

QUOTE (Deadly Target @ Wednesday, Nov 16 2011, 04:37)
Nice to see an update! Keep up the good work.

Thanks for takin' a look! Even if zombie production has slowed a little, I'm still workin on this fairly regularly in my spare time. Might have enough done for a December update, a little christmas present for anyone interested smile.gif

I'm gonna keep posting in here with the latest zombie I've finished, so keep checkin back for new sneak peaks!

fakespyder
  • fakespyder

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:22 PM Edited by fakespyder, 17 November 2011 - 07:25 PM.

Good to hear you are still adding skins. The screenshot looks great. cool.gif
BTW, I recently discovered that if you edit the peds.ide you can have zombies who don't wear sun glasses, etc. Just change all items in the props column to "null" (without quotes).
I'm sure many people probably knew this already, but I thought I'd post it just in case.

MrSnaztastic
  • MrSnaztastic

Machinimator

• Members

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:18 PM Edited by MrSnaztastic, 22 November 2011 - 04:17 AM.

New addition - MM Pilot

user posted image

Exen44
  • Exen44

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:21 PM

I really Want this mod.... I just dont know sh*t what to do! Or where to download it so please help me and answer as soon as possiple.

MrSnaztastic
  • MrSnaztastic

Machinimator

• Members

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (Exen44 @ Wednesday, Nov 23 2011, 16:21)
I really Want this mod.... I just dont know sh*t what to do! Or where to download it so please help me and answer as soon as possiple.

Thanks for your interest. Kindly go to page one of this forum thread and read through the first post, including the part where it says "downloads".

All will be revealed.

Exen44
  • Exen44

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

Ok,thanks a million. One more question tough, how do you use the mods online?

MrSnaztastic
  • MrSnaztastic

Machinimator

• Members

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (Exen44 @ Thursday, Nov 24 2011, 20:13)
Ok,thanks a million. One more question tough, how do you use the mods online?

Just play the game and the skins will be there online or offline. There's no extra steps needed I don't think. I mean, this is a skin mod, not something that effects gameplay, so it shouldn't really set off any alarm bells for Live.

Btw.. latest zombie:
user posted image
Click him!

Exen44
  • Exen44

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:07 PM

f*ck,f*ck,f*ck!!!! I'm trying to do the zombietextures thing, and i do exactly what the instructions said!! I did have spark iv did open found the file but "This Process cannot accses the file bla bla bla Because its beeing used by another process" Keeps coming up even tho there isint!!!! So, i was hoping you could make a tutorial video of how to do this crap. I just dont f*cking get it. I want this so much and i was even gonna do a zombie video and make you in one of the credits! sad.gif suicidal.gif Please, as soon as possiple... P.S Im sorry im bothering you with my troubles...

MrSnaztastic
  • MrSnaztastic

Machinimator

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (Exen44 @ Saturday, Nov 26 2011, 21:07)
f*ck,f*ck,f*ck!!!! I'm trying to do the zombietextures thing, and i do exactly what the instructions said!! I did have spark iv did open found the file but "This Process cannot accses the file bla bla bla Because its beeing used by another process" Keeps coming up even tho there isint!!!! So, i was hoping you could make a tutorial video of how to do this crap. I just dont f*cking get it. I want this so much and i was even gonna do a zombie video and make you in one of the credits! sad.gif suicidal.gif Please, as soon as possiple... P.S Im sorry im bothering you with my troubles...

Did you have the game running whilst replacing textures?
Or more than one instance of SparkIV open?
Either of those would mess things up.

Also, check in the folder properties for your GTA IV installation that it is not marked "read only".

MrSnaztastic
  • MrSnaztastic

Machinimator

• Members

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:31 PM Edited by MrSnaztastic, 03 December 2011 - 12:08 AM.

New zombeh -
MY Platin 01
user posted image
Go ahead, don't be afraid. Click him..

MrSnaztastic
  • MrSnaztastic

Machinimator

• Members

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:30 AM Edited by MrSnaztastic, 03 December 2011 - 12:07 AM.

New zombie!
MY PLatin 02
user posted image
Click him!

fakespyder
  • fakespyder

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

great retexturing cool.gif
Are you taking those screenshots inside the game?

MrSnaztastic
  • MrSnaztastic

Machinimator

• Members

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:04 AM Edited by MrSnaztastic, 04 December 2011 - 02:34 AM.

QUOTE (fakespyder @ Thursday, Dec 1 2011, 19:13)
great retexturing cool.gif
Are you taking those screenshots  inside the game?

These snaps are from the editing program - Spark IV.

I open up the model viewer and take a screenshot from that, rather than bothering to take a shot from in-game which takes longer. Naturally, lighting etc. makes the zombies look slightly different in the actual game, but the model viewer is a fairly good representation.

Thanks for checkin out the mod, have another zombie!
user posted image
Click thumbnail to see larger detail view!

MrSnaztastic
  • MrSnaztastic

Machinimator

• Members

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:32 AM Edited by MrSnaztastic, 10 December 2011 - 02:16 PM.

The ranks of the undead continue to swell:
user posted image

MY_Shady_02- 9/12/11
user posted image

MrSnaztastic
  • MrSnaztastic

Machinimator

• Members

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:05 AM

Version 1.7 is now available for download!
Download here!

This latest release adds a fair few more zombie pedestrians and I did some touch-up work on a few older zombies. The custom menus got a slight overhaul as well.

I think I'll do two more updates of 50+ zombies each and then stop. That'll make every civilian undead. After that I'll release a few additional character packs of the main cast (basically the best of the IG_ named models) the first of which will of course include Niko.

Hope you enjoy the mod and have a happy holiday!

fakespyder
  • fakespyder

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:28 PM Edited by fakespyder, 30 October 2012 - 08:32 PM.

More zombies for Xmas... just what I've always wanted biggrin.gif
Thank you and happy holidays happy.gif

fakespyder
  • fakespyder

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

Any updates? No pressure or anything, just curious how things are going?
cheers smile.gif

MrSnaztastic
  • MrSnaztastic

Machinimator

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:40 AM Edited by MrSnaztastic, 08 April 2012 - 03:42 AM.

QUOTE (fakespyder @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 00:31)
Any updates? No pressure or anything, just curious how things are going?
cheers smile.gif

Pretty much the same as I said in my latest GTA Garage update. It's the last month of uni so I'm busy with filming, editing, visual effects production and sound mixing. Not much time for texture mods.

I was working on a "special zombie" that would be part of some future version of Left 4 Liberty, but the concept proved a little difficult to pull off and the photoshop file is so gigantic I'm scared to do any more work on those textures. Haven't heard anything more on the specials update, so I guess that's kinda in limbo.

Work on the last 20 zombies of Zombocalypse will resume sometime towards the end of May. I'll be done with university then, and procrastinating harder than ever before. Any further updates after the final 20 will either be select main characters or refinements in detail to the ones already altered. 200 zombies is enough for me and anyone else who wants to make a zombie movie, which was my real goal- to help machinimators.

See you next month.

fakespyder
  • fakespyder

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

As one of those machinimators I want to say thanks.
Goodluck with your Uni studies.

MrSnaztastic
  • MrSnaztastic

Machinimator

• Members

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:37 AM

Update-
The next (final?) release of Zombocalypse will be sometime in the next fortnight.

I've hit my goal of over 200 zombified pedestrians and right now I'm in the process of bringing them all up to the same level of quality. This is because it's been around two years since I first started re-texturing, so of course I've gotten a bit better over that time, and a few of the old zombies aren't quite as pretty as a result.

Mind you, I'm amazed I've come this far, from what was just a little side project to make my machinima look a little better. I look forward to sharing the new and improved mod with you all soon!

MrSnaztastic
  • MrSnaztastic

Machinimator

• Members

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

Okay, it took a little longer than a fortnight.
Nevertheless, it is DONE!
Zombocalypse version 2.0 is now uploading to Rapidshare.

The new edition includes a whopping 208 zombified pedestrians. Over 130 already zombified characters got facelifts, receiving major detail upgrades across the board. The menus have been redone with a more gritty style and the loading screen characters look closer to their in-game versions. You can view those as a preview of what's next for zombocalypse- the Main Character Pack. It won't include all of the main cast, but a number of notable names will show up when it's released in a month or so.

Right now I'm planning to upload both a DIY version of Zombocalypse (with all the WTD files loose) as well as a pre-packed version that's just the componentpeds.img with the files already imported. Users who want less hassle can go the pre-packed route, at the cost of a longer download and not being able to pick and choose who's a zombie. Hopefully those files will appear on GTA Garage soon after I submit them tonight.

Thanks to everyone who's downloaded and followed my little mod so far!

=T.A=
  • =T.A=

ManMitDickemPimmel

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:12 AM

Great work bro

fakespyder
  • fakespyder

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:38 PM Edited by fakespyder, 30 October 2012 - 08:45 PM.

Your Zombies look great. Thanks for sharing your hard work cool.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users