Xmash Bash 2010

82 replies to this topic
gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:33 PM Edited by gamesguru, 09 December 2010 - 02:51 PM.

user posted image

user posted image
The annual Xmas Bash returns for a third time, this being the second year publicly. The Xmas Bash is in lament's terms, an event which fans of Grand Theft Auto IV and the festive season meet up and play a series of preselected games, most of which are exclusive to this event. You can look at the previous set up from 2009 here, which was very successful. Sorry for a blander topic this year, as myself, I have been preoccupied with other things (hence why the event now starts much later). However, that does not mean we can't have a third successful and fun outing. Look below for game details, event date and a way in which to sign-up. This event is multi-platform and takes place on Xbox 360 , PS3 and PC .

user posted image
Another popular event that has been played numerous times on GTA IV. The aim of the game is to shoot vehicles out of the sky wiht the RPG. A group of people will be the 'RPGers', who will be on the ground whilst another group constantly jumps off of a ramp into the air (the driver must always warn players when coming up to and off of the jump). The location is the Alderney, Westdyke car park (location); the drivers will jump off of the top car park ramp whilst the 'RPGers' will be located on the road just to the west. Try some buses on for size. Even try and drive 3 buses off together at once! If any participants have any advice on more locations, we will consider those on event day.

user posted image
An event that originates from the II GUV II and Leray0409 (and credit goes to them) is now going to be incorporated once again, into the Xmas Bash lineup. The rules are that you must finish the race in the Mr.Whoopee vehicle to win (races must be held in the industrial area); however, all racers (except the one in the Mr.Whoopee) have the objective of steeling it and also finishing the race with it. So of course, this event will take place in GTA Race. We will have to go back into Vanilla IV to make this event work. In addition to this, the race should be set to 3 laps, and the quantity of races will depend on how quickly the races are finished. The people chasing the Mr.Whoopee can only be in an Enforcer or Police Stockade.

user posted image
The only event returning from the original 2008 Xmas Bash (also seen in 2009), and rightfully so. This event is a competitive triathlon race of sorts that has been hosted a few times outside of the actual Xmas Bash. Participants must stock up on assault rifles, as this the only weapon type that can be used. The race starts in the balcony of the Curtain Calls building (location). You can use a bus to climb up into the balcony, but you can not use the bus later on in the race (you will understand why later). The aim now is to raise your wanted level to 4stars, until then, you MUST stay in the balcony. Once you have 4stars, the next part of the race is on. Once you have 4stars you must rush to the top of Dwayne's apartment block (no helicopters allowed), located here. The winner is the first to parachute to the ground below.

user posted image
Another game that has been held and reiterated by the Angels of Death countless times. This is another simple yet in-depth game which can be enjoyed by all. The game requires team work and predetermined planning. Each team takes turns in trying to cross this bridge into Alderney. But that is easier said than done when you put into consideration that the opposing team's objective is to create a barricade to stop you, whilst also being able to use firearms to kill you. In the interest of fairness, explosives will not be permitted. Each team has to ready their plan before agreeing to start. Giving each team a fair chance to prepare. Please also note that the team attempting to cross the bridge can not engage in combat, but can use their vehicles (no helicopters permitted in this game) to cause harm to their opponents. You can also go on-foot if you so please.

user posted image
A brand new game exclusive to this years Xmas Bash, with previous testing proving it to be immense fun. The premise is simple. There are two teams of two who are armed with Sticky Bombs. An additional player is then chosen to be the ball, and can not move. The teams take in turns to use the bombs to blow the player out of the playing field behind the other team to obtain a victory. To make this more understandable; if on a building, one team will start one side, and the other team would start on the other. You must knock the ball over/past the opposing side's game edge, whether that be off a roof or outside of a basketball court. During your turn, you can use as many players and Sticky Bombs as you please. Just don't blow up the other team. Here is three tested and fun locations you can use here

user posted image
This as an all new event conceived by SweatyPa1ms, and was tested by him and Toke. There will be two versions held, one which was created exclusively for the Xmas Bash. Both versions will be played on this strip of road, with the end-zones being each end of Middle Park. The teams split up into two, and one person is the ball/car, which is trying to avoid the APCs. Note that in this version of APC Football shooting is not permitted, nor is getting out of the APC. The goal is to push the car into the opponents' end-zone. The second version which is exclusive to the Xmas bash is slightly more chaotic. With the aid of friendly-fire, we will first blow up the ball, with the person inside the car having to stay in it. Now each team can use their cannons to blast the ball into the opposing end-zone. However, you can not shoot other APCs. This will result in a free-kick for the other team.

user posted image
Another returning event will be Festive Destruction. Which is a set of demolition derbies. The first derby will be hosted in the Dukes bowl (location). The next round will be hosted in the basketball courts located here, with the only additional rule being that an equal amount of cars start on each court (there are two connected courts). The third and final derby will be held at Helitours, with the only way of falling out of the round is by being knocked into the water, meaning if you stall/explode you can re-spawn as much as you want (mode should be held in race mode). In BoGT Nitrous will be used, meaning that this event will be held in multiple races.

user posted image

CODE
GTAF Name:
Platform:
Platform ID:
You agree to date set:
You need BoGT to play:

user posted image

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:34 PM Edited by gamesguru, 18 December 2010 - 03:17 PM.

user posted image
PlayerGTAF NamePlatform ID
LeadergamesguruD Games Guru
2Kinko.Kinko KaPOW XXV
3leelee862LeeLee862
4SweatyPa1msSweatyPa1ms
5swoonerswooner
6II THE GUV IIII THE GUV II
7LeRay0409 LeRay0409
8EPiC JeDi xMr EpicJedi
9Zelos302Zelos302
10TUBBSthezombietubbs51
11Strength Beyond StrengthZG Strength
12.2DJam And Butter
13BranacaneSAS I RENEGADE
14Booze TBooze T
15sd13killersoda drinker 13
user posted image
LeaderJiggy95Jiggy95
2GTAking33XxGTAking33xX
3Jaky2008 Jaky2008
4NickRadNickRad
5CakePicnicIce_Cube25
6Marco.MarcoGT5
7Germaniac_84Germaniac_84
8[/td][td]
user posted image
1GTArvXenodu
2Kanjakanja0078
3Ptikobjbeanmike
4NTAuthorityDBNetwork
5AndyGanteksTheYardiesGTAF
6MobBGMobBG
user posted image

LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

Did you know that we are the leading country in... GFX!!

• Members

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:08 PM

Ermm... Taste Take Down or "I Want Icecream" as you put it was not invented by AoD Mr Guwu...

It was by me and Nitty.. This saddens me you don't member sad.gif

Oh and count LeRay in Mr Jewuw...

What date will it be?

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:14 PM Edited by gamesguru, 02 December 2010 - 04:17 PM.

I pretty much copied and pasted that part from the last topic. I changed it to GUV and you, and then back to AoD again because I wasn't sure if if it was GUV alone, or with you. I remember there being a small debate about it. I will change it now.

It's Saturday 18th 4PM GMT.

LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

• Members

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

It was just me and him because we was messing around in gta race with tasties going to make a taste film..

Then decided to make that game.

Zelos302
  • Zelos302

you broke the rules.

• Members

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:48 PM

I'm surprised my name isn't already on the list because I WANT IN ON THIS BABY!!! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Angels of Death MC
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:58 PM

Count me in. smile.gif Very nice first post guru

II THE GUV II
  • II THE GUV II

Lenny McLean's Better Looking Brother

• Members

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:10 PM

Guru - I have some nice ideas for some new games, although they may need to be tested, hit me up in a party and I will go through them with you, I would put them on here but then Leray might claim them as his tounge.gif lol.gif wink.gif

LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

• Members

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:33 PM

My thoughts are your thoughts Mr Don

swooner
  • swooner

AOD Wrapped Member

• Members

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:40 PM

all i want for kwanza is an xmas bash 2010!!... sign me up please xmas.gif rah.gif

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:18 PM Edited by gamesguru, 02 December 2010 - 06:24 PM.

I appreciate the offer GUV, but I believe we have enough games as it is. It's roughly the same amount as previous outings, and they took all day. That's why I decided to make the time earlier and take out the shooting and free-mode sections. Although any new ideas you do have can be experimented with at the end of the Xmas Bash if people wish to stay on afterwards.

EDIT: Toke can only make a weekday, so it is possible I could move the Xmas Bash to the 17th Friday. I don't know how convenient that is for you guys?

swooner
  • swooner

AOD Wrapped Member

• Members

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:55 PM

scheduling is such a pain sometimes ain't it? confused.gif something to consider regarding weekdays is the time zone thing. if the event starts at 4pm gmt, that will translate to 11am east coast US time, and 8am west coast US (toke time) which is pretty early for yanks. you could move the event to 7 gmt, but then it can get pretty late for those east of the atlantic. suicidal.gif

sir guru - do you think it would be overkill to do some of the games for a couple hours friday and again on saturday? holiday bashing for two days/nights would also allow for more game types like you were previously discussing (with guv).

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:01 PM

I'm not suggesting people have to make the time of day. I will start the Xmas Bash then, but you don't necessarily have to join until later in the day. I feel as if 4PM GMT is the best time available. In a sense, those nearer the GMT Timezone will be apart of the earlier games, whereas later on it is more likely going to be the US players. I think that is an even playing field. This may be slightly longer than previous Xmas Bashes, so I've decide to make it an hour or two earlier.

Kinko XXV
  • Kinko XXV

Perpetual scapegoat.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:51 AM

Yeah I'm down for this biggrin.gif

Tyler
  • Tyler

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

• Unknown
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:57 AM

Eight AM My time? I'll try and attend Fo' Sho'.

Big-_-t0ny
  • Big-_-t0ny

Twitch.tv/Big_t0ny

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:08 PM

Add me in the PS3 side! smile.gif

PSN: Big-_-t0ny

II THE GUV II
  • II THE GUV II

Lenny McLean's Better Looking Brother

• Members

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:58 PM

Friday the 17th suits me as I have the day off work !!! woooot

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:12 PM

Sign me up as reserve (as in: I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it)
smile.gif

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:23 PM

GTAF Name: GTArv
Platform: PC
Platform ID: Xenodu
You agree to date set: Yes
You need BoGT to play: Got it

Looking forward to this, a very interesting line up of events you've got here.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:35 PM

GTArv, seeing as there isn't any other PC players yet would you be willing to lead the night's events?

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:46 PM

Sure guru, I'd love to. I can't stay for more than an hour in the event though, if you feel the leaders to spend more time I'm not the right person.
Mind if I invite some players from live? I don't think many forum regulars play PC multiplayer.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:33 PM

Sure thing, that's fine. Anyone on Live who is interested, give me their Gamertags and I'll add them to the list. As for not staying for more than an hour, I'm going to wait to see if anyone else wants to lead, as really due to the amount of games, it's best if their was someone who could stay for a good portion of the event.

Strength Beyond Strength
  • Strength Beyond Strength

=A= Associate

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:55 PM

GTAF Name: Strength Beyond Strength
Platform: 360
Platform ID: ZG Strength
You agree to date set: Yep.
You need BoGT to play: Have it.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:27 PM

phew i was worried i wouldnt have a spot biggrin.gif and you spelt xmas wrong.... you spelt it Xmash tounge.gif

.2D
  • .2D

Look at the Flowers.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:17 PM

If theres space, im in. icon14.gif

EPiC JeDi x
  • EPiC JeDi x

Dream Within A Dream

• Members

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (TUBBSthezombie @ Dec 3 2010, 18:27)
phew i was worried i wouldnt have a spot biggrin.gif and you spelt xmas wrong.... you spelt it Xmash tounge.gif

I think its like that due to Bash and Xmash , and the fact Guru makes sure he doesn't spell word wrong on the forum by using spell check! Only jks.

NickRad
  • NickRad

I'm Boxxy you see

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:20 AM

GTAF Name: NickRad
Platform: PS3
Platform ID: NickRad
You agree to date set: Yup
You need BoGT to play: Have it smile.gif

Kanja
  • Kanja

A Muslim Warrior

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:21 PM

GTAF Name: Kanja
Platform: PC
Platform ID: kanja0078
You agree to date set: Yes
You need BoGT to play:I have it xD

Tyler
  • Tyler

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

• Unknown
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:32 PM

Hey, add me bro.

LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

• Members

Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:24 AM

I think i will plug in my Cap Card again for this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users