Photo

Can't play the game anymore? (PS3)

12 replies to this topic
conscioushours
  • conscioushours

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:52 PM

I completed the GTA IV game a while ago, then bought the Episodes from Liberty City and played TLAD and TBOGT too. Now I wanted to go back to GTA IV (with Niko Bellic) and finish the game 100%, but every time I put the CD in I just get a message saying: "The downloadable content required for this autoload is not available. Press X to start a new game of Grand Theft Auto IV."

What's wrong? GTA IV and Episodes from Liberty City are, of course, on different discs so I really don't get it. Please don't tell me I have to start the game from the beginning, I'm not gonna do that. dontgetit.gif

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

THAT fella.

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:36 PM

I had the exact same thing happen to me although I thought the reason why that happended to me was because I accidently saved over my GTA IV save files with TLAD save files, I should have used a different save slot. blush.gif

conscioushours
  • conscioushours

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:40 PM

I've used different save slots for all 3 games, I thought that with this system I could go back to all 3 games when I want to and they won't mix up with other games. But now this happened and I'm kinda confused...

AlexGTAGamer, did you manage to go back to your game or did you have to start it all over?

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

THAT fella.

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:59 PM

I had to start my GTA IV all over again but my TLAD and TBOGT were still alright.

conscioushours
  • conscioushours

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:08 PM Edited by conscioushours, 29 November 2010 - 03:35 PM.

sh*t... not nice. I'm still wondering what the hell does this "the downloadable content required for this autoload is not available" thing mean... I mean, there's no "downloadable content" on this GTA IV disc, and TLAD and TBOGT are on totally different save slots, so I can't see a reason why it's still doing this. mercie_blink.gif confused...

EDIT: I did some more research and found out the save file still exists in my PS3. It's the thing where you can see the saves you've made in all games, don't know what it's called in English cuz my PS3 is in Finnish. Anyway, I just can't figure out a way how I could access it, I tried transferring the file to another account but after it it just says I don't have a permission to access it (on the other account).

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:39 PM

Have you tried uninstalling both games from your HDD?

conscioushours
  • conscioushours

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:53 PM

Yeah now I tried something new, first I copied the files to a memory stick (hopefully it was successful... lol) and then deleted all Episodes from Liberty City savings, and suddenly the original GTA IV started working normally again and nothing was lost.
I just have no idea what I should do with those DLCs now - I would like to play those too if I re-install them it will probably do the same thing again, so it's kinda confusing.

rhino660
  • rhino660

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:31 AM

conscioushours, I don't know if you fixed your problem but this is how I fixed it go ahead and start a new game when it starts pause it then load a game that you saved by going to bed after that game loads go to bed and save that game quite the game when you get to the ps3 main menu screen start gtaIV again and it should autoload thats how I fixed mine I hope it works for you. I hope this makes since to you I am not good at explaining (or Spelling) stuff.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:53 AM

What version of the game do you have-the Original, Greatest Hits, or The Complete Edition? That happens with the Complete Edition-ie. you start playing one game, and if you want to switch to one of the others, you have to exit out of the game by pressing the PS key on the controller and selecting End Game, then load the game back up and choose the correct game. I also noticed that the TLAD and TBOGT only has the Auto Save slots available, as the other slots say something along the lines of "GTA IV save only" on all the other slots when you enter the save icon in TLAD or TBOGT., so evidently you cannot save the game in those two games-without the Auto saves.? This is the PS3 version btw. I have IV saves from both the Original and Complete Editions of the game, if that matters.

The-new-guy
  • The-new-guy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

you shoulden't have to do any of that stuff here is to get your game back press x then the intro will start skip if you want then when get control of niko pause go to load files in game section the press load you will see all your files click on your last saved one and you will have everything back biggrin.gif so you guys dont have to do this suicidal.gif everytime lol.gif

nic_23
  • nic_23

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Best New Gang 2012 - High Rollers

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (The-new-guy @ Monday, Jul 16 2012, 23:14)
you shoulden't have to do any of that stuff here is to get your game back press x then the intro will start skip if you want then when get control of niko pause go to load files in game section the press load you will see all your files click on your last saved one and you will have everything back biggrin.gif so you guys dont have to do this suicidal.gif everytime lol.gif

along the lines of what i had to do icon14.gif what has happend is that playing on either tlad or tbogt will overwrite your IV auto save. just hit x load it up then click start to load up where you left off smile.gif

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:46 AM

Or update both games to their latest version. That's what patch 7 is, just a way for R* to admit they don't test their code at all.

melodicmizery
  • melodicmizery

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

just had this happen to me and its been so long i forgot how i solved this before. basically theres a option that the game starts off by auto loading the autosave instead of you being able to pick the save. it should of been coded to detect your game and have seperate auto saves but rockstar is a bunch of idiots. basically when your loading up the original disc the autosave is making it look for a different disc. if you disable autosave and then retry it i think that would work also. or just what the guys above said

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users