[WIP|IV-EFLC] Gostown Paradise

2,238 replies to this topic
Terreur69
  • Terreur69

C2C - Down The Road

• Members
  • France

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Monday, Jul 29 2013, 00:40)
Terreur, since you are kind of back right now, I would like to adress an issue. The screenshot you posted in the openFormats topic made me remember it again:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gou62YW.png[/IMG

You see the windows? The frame around the glass reflects just ast much as the glass itself. That means you either didn't make a specular texture at all, or your spec texture is fully white.

A quick, well working, noob way to make a specular like this is to open the texture in photoshop, place white rectangles on the glass, and leave the rest (the frame) black.

yeah you right , all spec shader are only diffuse texture , not spec and bump , and the look is not ""real"" .
when second part is total finish , just nned new building in city , i start the first map part , create LOD , and after fix the bad thing , same windows .
  • tutu likes this

spreilly
  • spreilly

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

So terreur, any news on the EFLC compatibility?

Terreur69
  • Terreur69

C2C - Down The Road

• Members
  • France

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (spreilly @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 20:42)
So terreur, any news on the EFLC compatibility?

yes at the end.
  • tutu likes this

copperrobber
  • copperrobber

Tokyo Drift Through The Hills

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

it crashes on EFLC, is that supposed to happen ? have you not finished porting it to eflc ? smile.gif

ashleyuk
  • ashleyuk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

Is there a installer guide for this??? I'm new at adding mods and stuff.. So need a little guidance.

Thanks

-Ash

MrSmarter22
  • MrSmarter22

BloodFighter lvl 100

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

Are there any news`?

BBHD
  • BBHD

BaBaHarD

• Members
  • France

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (MrSmarter22 @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 10:13)
Are there any news`?

I hope is not dead.
I'm tester on it, DB is inactive and I haven't any news from Terreur, Skorpro or no one else.

sonic007m
  • sonic007m

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

Hey there Gostown community! 

I'm kinda new to posting, but here goes anyway.

I love the zombies mode in Beta 2, but like we all know, it crashes.

A fix was provided afterwards by Skorpro. A big thanks to him! (on a side note: if it shuts down at "starting new game", turn off HD textures in the launcher)

After using it, however, most of the map was invisible.

I finally figured out what was wrong and didn't get any map bugs or major bugs.

HERE is a link to the file that is needed to fix the invisible island.

It should be placed in: "Gostown folder/common/data/" It should ask to replace a file, click yes.

If anyone could figure out how to change spawn radius of zombies and how many zombies spawn at once, that would be great. They currently spawn within a 10m radius which is way too close imo. Also a LOT of cars spawn around. I tend to use the simple native trainer to disable cars in-game as they spawn on sloped surfaces, resulting in 100's of cars moving at once, lagging the game out.

The many zombies also tend to give fps drops, keep that in mind.

I hope this project isn't completely dead, I love gostown paradise.

Grtz

-Sonic

• CaioBrasill likes this

spreilly
  • spreilly

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

Any hope for this?

IIZACHARIAHII
  • IIZACHARIAHII

The Unprofessional Professional :P

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:41 PM Edited by IIZACHARIAHII, 30 October 2013 - 10:43 PM.

For anyone who still Visits this site and is interested:

Arctic IV Map Mod

http://gtaforums.com...1904-arctic-iv/

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:28 AM

Can someone find a way to upload the loading screen music as an MP3??

CaioBrasill
  • CaioBrasill

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

A fix was provided afterwards by Skorpro. A big thanks to him! (on a side note: if it shuts down at "starting new game", turn off HD textures in the launcher)

It should be placed in: "Gostown folder/common/data/" It should ask to replace a file, click yes.

If anyone could figure out how to change spawn radius of zombies and how many zombies spawn at once, that would be great. They currently spawn within a 10m radius which is way too close imo. Also a LOT of cars spawn around. I tend to use the simple native trainer to disable cars in-game as they spawn on sloped surfaces, resulting in 100's of cars moving at once, lagging the game out.

Grtz

-Sonic

Hey Guy, could you upload it´s again?
The link is broken 

thank´s

sonic007m
  • sonic007m

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

Grtz

-Sonic

Hey Guy, could you upload it´s again?
The link is broken 

thank´s

Heya man, someone else decided to reupload this file somewhere else, thank god, since I had lost the file.

So the link to his reupload can be found Here

And I have reuploaded the file to my personal account on MEGA as well, just in case, which can be found Here

Hopefully some people will still find this and see this as some help I'm giving out to them.

Thanks for adressing the broken link though!

flak0x
  • flak0x

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:35 AM

Ped paths would make this mod PERFECT. Hell I'm willing to pay someone if they can get ped paths into this mod.

BBHD
  • BBHD

BaBaHarD

• Members
  • France

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:16 AM

I was playing Gostown yesterday and thinking to myself that a lot of things still undone, ped and vehicles path on the upper island included.

I'm wishing someone take the developement in hand and continue this awesome mod !!!

flak0x
  • flak0x

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:03 AM

Has anyone gotten multiplayer to work with this

flak0x
  • flak0x

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:34 AM

What's the latest update with this mod?

BBHD
  • BBHD

BaBaHarD

• Members
  • France

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

Mod's development is suspended at this moment.

I'm working on MP server I let you know about that in few times.

flak0x
  • flak0x

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

Thanks alot man that'd be amazing

MenuET
  • MenuET

Maxscript Modeler

• Feroci
  • Panama

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:07 PM Edited by MenuET, 31 July 2014 - 02:34 AM.

6yzm7k.png

Starting from now, the mod is start to walk again, resuming: it is not dead anymore, at least while i develop.

"Who the F* are you?"

I am one of the city modelers. I was invited by terreur to make part of this mod since january 2013, but unfortunatelly i had to go out for a while (a what BIG while, january 2013 until NOW), because i couldn't have access to my computer where the dev files were. It is a shame the mod stopped during the time i was out, but from now, the mod will keep walking (like Johnnie Walker, LOL). At least from my part.

My goal here in this map is to rescue the old Gostown (Gostown6) brightness. I work with almost the same techniques ParoXum and JostVice used to do the mod first version, and with the best 3dsMAX can bring, to push RAGE engine to the limit, as Gostown6 did with SA in its glory moments. I will also bring the best of FSX and Garry's Mod modding techniques (actually, Source engine will be my tester). I'll try to bring the best of synergy modeling-materials-lighting to the mod, and fill Gostown not just with details (by the way, it will be a LOT!) but with good playability, with interiors at almost any buildings (just in case of RP Servers usage) including Airport (just working right now) Police Station(For LCPDFR Fans), Hospitals and all the stuff. But before i'll work on the buildings of new city added

It is not guaranteed that the map will even be ready to the final public, so all i can promisse is that i'll do my best every day while i still can do the mod.

Thank You,

TheMenuET Creative

• AdusPL likes this

BBHD
  • BBHD

BaBaHarD

• Members
  • France

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:35 AM

6yzm7k.png

Starting from now, the mod is start to walk again, resuming: it is not dead anymore, at least while i develop.

"Who the F* are you?"

I am one of the city modelers. I was invited by terreur to make part of this mod since january 2013, but unfortunatelly i had to go out for a while (a what BIG while, january 2013 until NOW), because i couldn't have access to my computer where the dev files were. It is a shame the mod stopped during the time i was out, but from now, the mod will keep walking (like Johnnie Walker, LOL). At least from my part.

My goal here in this map is to rescue the old Gostown (Gostown6) brightness. I work with almost the same techniques ParoXum and JostVice used to do the mod first version, and with the best 3dsMAX can bring, to push RAGE engine to the limit, as Gostown6 did with SA in its glory moments. I will also bring the best of FSX and Garry's Mod modding techniques (actually, Source engine will be my tester). I'll try to bring the best of synergy modeling-materials-lighting to the mod, and fill Gostown not just with details (by the way, it will be a LOT!) but with good playability, with interiors at almost any buildings (just in case of RP Servers usage) including Airport (just working right now) Police Station(For LCPDFR Fans), Hospitals and all the stuff. But before i'll work on the buildings of new city added

It is not guaranteed that the map will even be ready to the final public, so all i can promisse is that i'll do my best every day while i still can do the mod.

Thank You,

TheMenuET Creative

Yeeaah thanx for good news !!

Waiting for update ..

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:49 PM Edited by GTARandom, 31 July 2014 - 06:50 PM.

Interesting that this is happening right when i wanted to record a video off of this mod.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:26 AM

And here's that recording i said i wanted to record :D

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

Jasewolf
  • Jasewolf

Bus Enthusiast

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:40 PM Edited by Jasewolf, 11 August 2014 - 09:22 PM.

Hi, I'm Jase and this is the first time I'm posting here. Just wanted to inform anyone who's interested about about some little mods I've created for Gostown Paradise.

I am a huge fan of buses so the thing I spend most of my time doing in GTA is bus driving/roleplay. I've created a bus company for Gostown called Gostown Buses.

I've already added multiple different buses to the company's fleet.

Here is a video I created yesterday showcasing them..

I take no credit for the actual bus models, I created the liveries. Of course, the Gostown logo is copyright of whoever created it. If anyone is interested in downloading any of the buses they're in the description of the video (original download places not reuploads obviously). If anyone would like to have the liveries for them then I'll get them uploaded onto mega so you can download them.

I'm also going to do some nice liveries for some ELS V8 police vehicles and fire engines and ambulance when I have some spare time and the taxis too.

It's not a mod for the map no, but it's still something which keeps modding activity alive from my part. Really hope that people like the livery. I thought to make it that design because it represents exactly the location it's in, a rural area.

I'm going to try and create a bus station and bus depot too and add more bus stops around the map. I only understand how to place objects with the trainer so I'm not that fantastic but if I do my best is there anyone that may be able to improve on it and add it into the map so it's not an objects.ini?

Hope that my contribution is appreciated :)

Jase

Edit: Here are some pictures of some of the buses :)

10448490_403270236480719_231998563705687

1890529_403538706453872_7168057721097444

10531455_402810569860019_717549127210377

10495858_402810346526708_919662274110838

10599790_402524119888664_227701137_o.jpg

And here is some vans I created liveries for also. (obviously bus companies have vans for when buses break down etc)10013450_403269969814079_216303706440734

BBHD
  • BBHD

BaBaHarD

• Members
  • France

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:46 PM Edited by BBHD, 10 August 2014 - 08:56 PM.

Hi jase and welcome to GTAF board !
Glad to see someone interested by Gostown, a mod left in vault for long time now !!
Your buses look great, i'll dl and try it when i have time to.
So, if you wanna give some contribution to Gostown you should try to contact Terreur or MenuET.
Maybe they gonna give you more information about modding, mapping and blah blah !
See ya on the board :)

• Jasewolf likes this

Jasewolf
  • Jasewolf

Bus Enthusiast

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:42 PM

Thanks :) I haven't uploaded the buses liveries just yet but I will certainly do so once I've finished making liveries for all the buses I want to use.

I sure do hope I learn about mapping scripting and modelling etc as I'll certainly carry on using the Gostown paradise map to add onto. Currently I'm unable to spend much time in the big city high up as it crashes practically straight off.

What I would love to see when GTA V is out for PC, once we are able to modify it, is Liberty City ported with Gostown as well in the same map which you can get too and from the city and Island via a car ferry (like how Euro Truck Simulator is). I think that'd be so cool as I'm just in love with Gostown and Liberty City.

Hopefully GTA V will be A LOT more stable than GTA IV. I'd actually be surprised if it's not because we are talking about 64bit here, not 32bit which GTA IV is, so it'll be able to take advantage of all your computer's RAM rather than just 4gb of it.

I certainly seem to be getting better performance from Gostown than Liberty City as I can even play it on 1440p for a while before the frames become really slow when in Liberty City I keep it onto 720p to avoid frame drops.

I'll certainly send Terreur a message, probably tomorrow though as it's late.

Sure can't wait for the day to come when it's available on EFLC as I can imagine it will be more stable due to the one reason, the limit. I'm pretty sure that it will come the day when Gostown is completed, whether on IV/EFLC or V, I'm sure it will :)

BBHD
  • BBHD

BaBaHarD

• Members
  • France

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:29 AM

As i know with this post from MenuET, Gostown project will continue, i wish !!
Me too i'm in love with this mod, i was a beta tester on it.
When Terreur told me that the project stopped i changed my way to Criminal Russia RAGE project from Mixazzz.

A huge map on RAGE engine about Russian environment.

If you don't know you should try it, i spend a lot of gaming time and fun like on Gostown !

Jasewolf
  • Jasewolf

Bus Enthusiast

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:18 PM Edited by Jasewolf, 11 August 2014 - 01:37 PM.

I'll install that map too :) and I'll do a bus company for that one as well.

Going to also install SA map and VC map for GTA IV and create bus companies for those too (I would do it in the actual games but RAGE is so much superior.

The main bus company I've made for Liberty City (I have made quite a few which are based on the companies and routes that service my local area) is called Liberty Buses.

Here's a video I did of all the buses in the depot (guess where it is)

I also have Clockwork Mount installed due to it being an add on to the map and being rural. Such an amazing map to drive along and at the top of it where the road finishes there is a big open space which I use for a bus station.
Clockwork Mount is serviced by Liberty Buzz. Their real life life counterpart services along very rural roads and villages between towns. So that's why I use clockwork mount to add rural routes to the journey
I've since updated that bus station a lot but here's a video I done of the first version of the bus station (really would be helpful if I knew how to make spawn points lol)

MenuET
  • MenuET

Maxscript Modeler

• Feroci
  • Panama

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:47 AM Edited by MenuET, 12 August 2014 - 03:53 AM.

Hi, I'm Jase and this is the first time I'm posting here. Just wanted to inform anyone who's interested about about some little mods I've created for Gostown Paradise.

I am a huge fan of buses so the thing I spend most of my time doing in GTA is bus driving/roleplay. I've created a bus company for Gostown called Gostown Buses.

I take no credit for the actual bus models, I created the liveries. Of course, the Gostown logo is copyright of whoever created it. If anyone is interested in downloading any of the buses they're in the description of the video (original download places not reuploads obviously). If anyone would like to have the liveries for them then I'll get them uploaded onto mega so you can download them.

I'm also going to do some nice liveries for some ELS V8 police vehicles and fire engines and ambulance when I have some spare time and the taxis too.

It's not a mod for the map no, but it's still something which keeps modding activity alive from my part. Really hope that people like the livery. I thought to make it that design because it represents exactly the location it's in, a rural area.

I'm going to try and create a bus station and bus depot too and add more bus stops around the map. I only understand how to place objects with the trainer so I'm not that fantastic but if I do my best is there anyone that may be able to improve on it and add it into the map so it's not an objects.ini?

Jase

I am not focusing on vehicles right now, Besides i have ideas for the transportation, and the buses fit quite well in one of them. Send me later the livery texture and poke me. I 

BTW: I am not showing mod images because i am focusing in other things, also important. I want to do a lot of things before showing them all. I have been faced some problems along the path, and the majority of the time was me trying to solve them. Terreur didn't send me all the files i needed and he vanished, so i have to be a magician to solve everything.

Again, don't expect me to finish everything. I will do the possible, but i am alone now.

BBHD
  • BBHD

BaBaHarD

• Members
  • France

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:45 AM

Jase

I am not focusing on vehicles right now, Besides i have ideas for the transportation, and the buses fit quite well in one of them. Send me later the livery texture and poke me. I 

BTW: I am not showing mod images because i am focusing in other things, also important. I want to do a lot of things before showing them all. I have been faced some problems along the path, and the majority of the time was me trying to solve them. Terreur didn't send me all the files i needed and he vanished, so i have to be a magician to solve everything.

Again, don't expect me to finish everything. I will do the possible, but i am alone now.

If you need, Terreur gave me some files, maybe i've what you need !

And so, you're alone... Take your time !

• Jasewolf likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users