[WIP|IV-EFLC] Gostown Paradise

2,154 replies to this topic
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 23:23)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 00:41)
Also for my other question. As there is a height restriction on car paths, is there a height restriction on ped paths? I'm hoping to add peds to the observatory, but it will be fine if they are not there.

Navmeshes as are as the name suggests, meshes. You can place them anywhere as long as it's inside the bounds. I'm not sure about the height limit, maybe 3000, maybe 6000? I think 3000 because it goes from -3000 to +3000, I think. biggrin.gif

But who knows, maybe they made a 'restriction' and peds wont spawn above a certain height,

Btw, i didn't know you could model?

Well hope I can at least put peds up there.

As for modeling, anyone can, it just takes time like anything.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 01:34)

Heh, I will hold you to that. tounge.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 00:05)

You seem to make out like some are born not able to pick up on it.

I'm sure its something that takes time, just like anything art related.

If I decide to go with my plan, I won't have to make very many models. Just an observatory (may use Mafia II one), a ski lift, bridge, and terrain. It isn't like I got to go through and model a whole entire city. Right now, the things that I think will be harder is:
-Making all the models line up with each other. (Which if I'm correct won't be too much of an issue if I can render the surrounding models on screen.)
-Textures.

DR0N
  • DR0N

Evil Crime Syndicate

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:07 AM Edited by loadersob, 08 July 2013 - 07:17 AM.

Can you also try to make it possible to save game at the Villa safehouse? (like walking on some marker or something)
I once saved the game with Simple Native Trainer Save feature but when i loaded the save, the map loaded too slow and i spawned under the map mercie_blink.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (loadersob @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 07:07)
Can you also try to make it possible to save game at the Villa safehouse? (like walking on some marker or something)
I once saved the game with Simple Native Trainer Save feature but when i loaded the save, the map loaded too slow and i spawned under the map  mercie_blink.gif

Is that the safe house that has a heli pad?

I'd like to do better. As in a interior. I always wished that house had an interior.

Hope I will have time to do a Beta 3. It will be a lot but won't be too overwhelming.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 00:56)
QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 00:05)

You seem to make out like some are born not able to pick up on it.

I'm sure its something that takes time, just like anything art related.

If I decide to go with my plan, I won't have to make very many models. Just an observatory (may use Mafia II one), a ski lift, bridge, and terrain. It isn't like I got to go through and model a whole entire city. Right now, the things that I think will be harder is:
-Making all the models line up with each other. (Which if I'm correct won't be too much of an issue if I can render the surrounding models on screen.)
-Textures.

You don't know what you are talking about.
Some people just aren't made for it.

Fourth Horseman
  • Fourth Horseman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

nkjellman,try to do Friend Activities of GTA 4 as well... and make the mobile phone usable
For example Brucie could spawn somewhere near you in Gostown, you would pick him up and go to the resteurant in the city. Also more friend activity places for Gostown beta 3 would be nice tounge.gif
Its just an idea,i dont know if it is possible.

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 22:56)
QUOTE (Exxon @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 10:31)
Can you upload one link with the full file for beta 2 somewhere that is not mediafire?
I can't download part 1 and 3 due to the f*cking site being annoying sigh.gif

Mediafire is mirror. Here is original link : https://mega.co.nz/#!Ip5QmI5L!DGRQU...0KYCj2fAp0BjNKo

It didn't work some time ago, but it does now.
Thank you! smile.gif For I forget, do I really need 1.0.7.0 for BETA 2?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (Exxon @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 19:48)
QUOTE (Garju67 @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 22:56)
QUOTE (Exxon @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 10:31)
Can you upload one link with the full file for beta 2 somewhere that is not mediafire?
I can't download part 1 and 3 due to the f*cking site being annoying sigh.gif

Mediafire is mirror. Here is original link : https://mega.co.nz/#!Ip5QmI5L!DGRQU...0KYCj2fAp0BjNKo

It didn't work some time ago, but it does now.
Thank you! smile.gif For I forget, do I really need 1.0.7.0 for BETA 2?

1.0.7.0 is recommended. The EFLC port is on my old computer. I uploaded it but it needed fixes.

If I do Beta 3, the recommended version to play the mod on is EFLC. That is if you like flying aircraft. On this mod specifically, I can't stand flying helicopters because half the map is above the height limit. However, I might see about doing some Air Combat IV planes. Those, you won't have to worry about the height limit.

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 23:20)
If I do Beta 3, the recommended version to play the mod on is EFLC. That is if you like flying aircraft. On this mod specifically, I can't stand flying helicopters because half the map is above the height limit. However, I might see about doing some Air Combat IV planes. Those, you won't have to worry about the height limit.

I agree with this choice. icon14.gif
Do you have some knowledge about IV modding (3ds max etc...) ? No offence, I am just asking because I never see you making a mod. If yes then it'll be cool to see BETA 3. smile.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 22:21)

Do you have some knowledge about IV modding (3ds max etc...) ? No offence, I am just asking because I never see you making a mod. If yes then it'll be cool to see BETA 3. smile.gif

I'm sure I can figure it out.

Anyways, I played this today and I had the issues that the old cracked LaunchGTAIV.exe's had.

When I would get in a car it would be fine for a few seconds. Then the drunk camera starts going, the cars engine smokes, and the car accelerates even when I'm not touching the gas.

I was playing on this copy of the mod a few days ago and it wasn't doing that. I didn't even change anything. I have a crack (the same one in fact) on my other copies of GTA IV and it works fine. It worked fine a few days ago on the Ghostown copy.

NOTE: I payed for the game. I use a crack on my games because I seem to get slightly better performance (IV and EFLC), my computer is quieter, I don't have to change DVD's, and I don't have to bring my DVD's around when I bring my laptop places.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 04:20)

Anyways, I played this today and I had the issues that the old cracked LaunchGTAIV.exe's had.

When I would get in a car it would be fine for a few seconds. Then the drunk camera starts going, the cars engine smokes, and the car accelerates even when I'm not touching the gas.

I was playing on this copy of the mod a few days ago and it wasn't doing that. I didn't even change anything. I have a crack (the same one in fact) on my other copies of GTA IV and it works fine. It worked fine a few days ago on the Ghostown copy.

NOTE: I payed for the game. I use a crack on my games because I seem to get slightly better performance (IV and EFLC), my computer is quieter, I don't have to change DVD's, and I don't have to bring my DVD's around when I bring my laptop places.

You use the razer crack ? I absolutely disgrace it. That splash everytime, it lasts like 5 seconds. And there is that annoying tune that just makes you make you want to break something. (I later discovered you can actually put it off, it's a different sound source from the game itself).

I have a different crack for IV and not too long ago I finally got a different one for EFLC as well. The razer crack was the only reason I modded IV instead of EFLC, but now I mod EFLC (for vc2).

Great, Quechus and I are looking forward to your creations. biggrin.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:52 AM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 03:23)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 04:20)

You use the razer crack ? I absolutely disgrace it. That splash everytime, it lasts like 5 seconds. And there is that annoying tune that just makes you make you want to break something. (I later discovered you can actually put it off, it's a different sound source from the game itself).

I have a different crack for IV and not too long ago I finally got a different one for EFLC as well. The razer crack was the only reason I modded IV instead of EFLC, but now I mod EFLC (for vc2).

Great, Quechus and I are looking forward to your creations. biggrin.gif

I have the Razer crack but it doesn't do the animation or sound. (PM me your crack.)

As for my creations. Once GTA V for PC is out and modable, I'm looking into getting a team together to make one of two TC's. I figured it might be good to do something smaller on GTA IV so I get used to 3D Max so I can go bigger for GTA V.

GTA V: Liberty City:
-Convert the IV/EFLC Liberty City to GTA V.
-Three characters, one game. Niko, Johnny, and Luis.
-Create an enhanced Liberty City atmosphere with the updated features of GTA V.
-Incorporate GTA V features into the TC appropriately. (For example you can find Byciles in parks, flyable planes at airports, and I think the place I'll put a submarine will be the dock in Alderny.
GTA: Trilogy Rage:
-Convert the maps of GTA III, GTA VC, and GTA SA into one map.
-Three characters, one game. Claude, Tommy, and CJ.
-Create a enhanced atmosphere for each map. (providing I can do different timecyc's/GTA V equivalent files for different places like GTA SA. If not I'm going to go for a realistic timecyc/GTA V equivalent file.

Chances are I'm going to go for GTA V: Liberty City. LC is in higher quality and it will be more suited than GTA: Trilogy Rage. It also would make more sense concept wise because each game its based after is set in the same time. When I'm ready to start it, I may open a poll if I can't decide. Not sure if I'll be able to do that in the mod show room but I'll see. I'm leaning tward GTA V: Liberty City.

You guys interested in working together again on one of these?

CryRAGE
  • CryRAGE

Lets do it

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:51 AM Edited by CryRAGE, 10 July 2013 - 08:07 AM.

Awesome mod! Finally something else than just town cool.gif
>The waterfall on the first island... well. http://i.imgur.com/cyOiq9H.jpg . Isnt it possible to place animations on the waterfall to make it look real? biggrin.gif

EDIT : I think i have found 1 of the crash reasons,if not the only one, in the small town at the big island. http://i.imgur.com/bRuwxlL.jpg
I zoomed my sniper rifle over there on a correct position, and the game crashed.

zasebnoime
  • zasebnoime

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

Is there a way to play multiplayer with friends? Thanks

z0l3e
  • z0l3e

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:23 PM Edited by z0l3e, 10 July 2013 - 06:37 PM.

i have imported this mod, but it still loads old map, i'm using launcher

EDIT: Solved by unchecking read-only on whole GTA IV folder

sorry for bad english

hurleybacks27
  • hurleybacks27

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

After uninstalling the mod, GTA IV always crashes on startup.

spreilly
  • spreilly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:40 PM Edited by spreilly, 12 July 2013 - 01:55 AM.

Gostown always crashes out when it gets to "Starting New Game...". I am running it via launcher, have no command line installed, have deleted my save game, and have made sure that the folder is not read only. Any help?

spreilly
  • spreilly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

Found this in the city. Anyone know why?

user posted image

Tadzik
  • Tadzik

Street Cat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (spreilly @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 19:43)
Found this in the city. Anyone know why?

because its beta

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

Bad normals/welding on the model and possibly bad shaders.

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 19:12)

I think he is talking about the invisible road, maybe I'm wrong though. smile.gif

spreilly
  • spreilly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 13:16)

I think he is talking about the invisible road, maybe I'm wrong though. smile.gif

The road behind, yes.

CryRAGE
  • CryRAGE

Lets do it

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (spreilly @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 19:04)
QUOTE (Garju67 @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 13:16)

The road behind, yes.

My roads were also like that,when i chose the Texture HD option.When i use Basic settings, its fine

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (CryRAGE @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 07:51)
Awesome mod! Finally something else than just town cool.gif
>The waterfall on the first island... well. http://i.imgur.com/cyOiq9H.jpg . Isnt it possible to place animations on the waterfall to make it look real? biggrin.gif

EDIT : I think i have found 1 of the crash reasons,if not the only one, in the small town at the big island. http://i.imgur.com/bRuwxlL.jpg
I zoomed my sniper rifle over there on a correct position, and the game crashed.

Totally forgot about that. I might not do the river, but make that look better. At the top of the waterfall, I could do a river that flows from the lake on top of the mountain. I decided not to do one all the way down though.

I don't want to get anybody's hopes too high. If I find my self with a bunch of spare time, I'll do it. I understand that developing is very time consuming.

spreilly
  • spreilly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

Maybe you should focus on getting it to EFLC, first. I mean, that opens up a hell of a lot of other possibilities with car and ped paths, helicopters, planes, etc.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 20:52)
QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 21:49)
QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 12:50)
QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 11:55)
Can some1 upload the paths.img of Gostown? I seemed to have deleted it, and the new beta2 version doesn't have peds at all.

Peds are in navmeshes.img, not paths.img (that's only for cars and motorbikes). I don't have any peds in my game though, afaik, it's never been added. Terreur was long gone when ped paths were introduced.

When I said peds, I meant traffic, as in vehicles. So yes, can someone upload that? On every single Gostown video, including the new one, peds are driving around, and I know for a fact that the beta1 had vehicles in it, since I used it, but I accidentally deleted gostown's paths.img, and I don't want to download the whole beta1 through a torrent just for the paths.
So once again can somebody upload beta1's paths.img?

BETA 2 have paths. Try reinstalling, you did something wrong.

Is it possible people don't understand what my problem is?

Can somebody, who already has gostown paradise beta 1's paths.img, be so kind to upload it please?

The beta 2 I downloaded has no traffic, I don't need people explaining how it works for them, I want people to upload beta 1's paths.img, or if there's a different paths.img, and it has traffic for you, that'll do as well. 1 file, 1 uploading site, how hard can it be?

CryRAGE
  • CryRAGE

Lets do it

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

https://mega.co.nz/#!asRkWTJY!C5ZT1...XtmElbzgCCerCrc
This paths.img was in BETA 2,and cars were driving everywhere.
If it doesnt work for you, your doing something wrong.

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 19:00)
QUOTE (Garju67 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 20:52)
QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 21:49)
QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 12:50)
QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 11:55)
Can some1 upload the paths.img of Gostown? I seemed to have deleted it, and the new beta2 version doesn't have peds at all.

Peds are in navmeshes.img, not paths.img (that's only for cars and motorbikes). I don't have any peds in my game though, afaik, it's never been added. Terreur was long gone when ped paths were introduced.

When I said peds, I meant traffic, as in vehicles. So yes, can someone upload that? On every single Gostown video, including the new one, peds are driving around, and I know for a fact that the beta1 had vehicles in it, since I used it, but I accidentally deleted gostown's paths.img, and I don't want to download the whole beta1 through a torrent just for the paths.
So once again can somebody upload beta1's paths.img?

BETA 2 have paths. Try reinstalling, you did something wrong.

Is it possible people don't understand what my problem is?

Can somebody, who already has gostown paradise beta 1's paths.img, be so kind to upload it please?

The beta 2 I downloaded has no traffic, I don't need people explaining how it works for them, I want people to upload beta 1's paths.img, or if there's a different paths.img, and it has traffic for you, that'll do as well. 1 file, 1 uploading site, how hard can it be?

Yes it's hard. Install Beta 1 yourself, it's faster than wait for somebody upload paths.
Beta 1 paths may be different than Beta 2 paths so you better try to get B2 paths working.
Check if you enabled paths in the trainer.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:16 PM Edited by nkjellman, 13 July 2013 - 08:29 PM.

QUOTE (spreilly @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 17:44)
Maybe you should focus on getting it to EFLC, first. I mean, that opens up a hell of a lot of other possibilities with car and ped paths, helicopters, planes, etc.

Yes, EFLC is better for the mod because of the height limit on TBoGT.

Only issue with EFLC is the launcher won't work. I don't have the source code to make it use LaunchEFLC.exe. I might be able to simply rename LaunchEFLC.exe to LaunchGTAIV.exe.

Before I start on Beta 3, I'll port Beta 2 to EFLC and release. Again, don't get your hopes up for Beta 3. However Beta 2 EFLC probably will happen. I already got Beta 1 on EFLC, I just got to get the files.

I will say this though. On EFLC, you will play as Niko Belic. Two reasons why:
-Niko has some clothing mods on this.
-As the original TBoGT script.img isn't being used, the voice will be Niko's voice. I don't know how to do a script that automaticly changes it to Luis. If anyone wants to write one, be my guest. I think Luis' personality fits Ghostown a little more than Niko.

I'll try to use the method that was used in IV SA to port it. However, I'm a little bit skeptical that the rearranging the files in IV SA might of been what screwed up the parachute. I think the parachute worked in Beta 1 and 2. It could of been the script.img because the normal script.img was used in Beta 1 and 2, but an asi mod made it seem like it wasn't.

But you do make a good point. I wonder if car paths can be made up higher in EFLC. In Ghostown, the paths seem to stop at the height limit in GTA IV. I also think, NOT SURE, that the city on top of the mountain didn't crash. I played this on EFLC and remember being able to go into the city with no crashes. I remember crashing in the city a while ago when testing started on this, and I thought it was fixed.

But here is another thing I'm gonna look into doing. I'd like to see about creating a batch file/installer that you run to ADD, NOT REPLACE an EFLC install in the registry. This way it will be separate from regular EFLC, and you won't need to worry about changing names. Just hope that I can change the names of the exe's in the directory. Note: I have the steam version of EFLC. So its registered with a different directory. Well I'm at it, I may also look into making the mod have its own save directory so you don't have to touch your saves. But hopefully this will prevent you from having to rename your EFLC directory every time you switch between the normal copy/modded copies. But even better, not have it like IV SA 3 where it messes up EFLC in the regestry. I bet some people who played IVSA3 on EFLC noticed when they went to play the normal game/another toltal conversion that they saw IVSA loading screens, then the game crashed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users