Converting EFLC to IV

9 replies to this topic
FatAssCartman
  • FatAssCartman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:44 PM

don't know if this mod already exists.

instead of adding EFLC vehicles and episodic weapons to IV i'm converting EFLC to IV
= effects, sounds and subtitles from EFLC vehicles and weapons 100% working in IV = more fun (only added the towtruck to TBOGT and it worked so everything else should to)

i only want to keep fun stuff. mission scripts, peds, enterable buildings, interors that not conflicts with the IV missions.

i'm editing the TBOGT folder and want to add enterable buildings from TLAD
does anybody know what to keep/remove in the TBOGT folder and add from TLAD?
i'm not so familiar with map/ide modding

oc student
  • oc student

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:27 AM

Did you read the line at the top that says

The conversion of episodic content is not allowed.

?

FatAssCartman
  • FatAssCartman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (oc student @ Nov 29 2010, 07:27)

?

"if you want a vehicle from one of these games so desperately buy the game and convert it yourself."

i have both games and i want to merge them. i'm asking for help not files.

monster875.
  • monster875.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:41 PM

it's not a damn convertion, a convertion is where u import a model file (like dff) into a 3d program (like 3DS Max or Zmodeler), edit the model and export it as another model file (like wft). EFLC car models r the exact same as IV, they're both WFT files. so plz, know the difference

FatAssCartman
  • FatAssCartman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:03 AM Edited by FatAssCartman, 30 November 2010 - 02:16 AM.

QUOTE (monster875. @ Nov 29 2010, 15:41)
it's not a damn convertion, a convertion is where u import a model file (like dff) into a 3d program (like 3DS Max or Zmodeler), edit the model and export it as another model file (like wft). EFLC car models r the exact same as IV, they're both WFT files. so plz, know the difference

sorry.

im just using EFLC to get more vehicles and weapons with sounds without a trainer (don't know if it works weapons)
i'm going to replace EFLC vehicles with downloaded.

TheTomster
  • TheTomster

What the Chooch?

• Members

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (FatAssCartman @ Nov 29 2010, 21:03)
QUOTE (monster875. @ Nov 29 2010, 15:41)

sorry.

im just using EFLC to get more vehicles and weapons with sounds without a trainer (don't know if it works weapons)
i'm going to replace EFLC vehicles with downloaded.

If you're trying to put EFLC vehicles into IV, be in for a shock. When I put it in, my lights stopped working on the TBoGT cars. And the only fix for it, screws up the camera angle, so you see nothing ahead of you in chase view. Not worth it IMO, but eh, I'd rather have a Super Drop Diamond in my game, then a Pinnacle. lol.gif

FatAssCartman
  • FatAssCartman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:12 AM

the TBoGT vehicle lights wasn't working in the first place so i used TBoGT Vehicle Fix by smokey8808
http://www.gta4-mods...hicle-fix-f6310
does it have the camera bug? if there is any bug it's in the wft files and could be fixed with zmod

added TLAD vehicle names to american.gxt
added TLAD vehicle sounds to e2_audio.xml

added vehicle data to
carcols.dat
cargrp.dat
handling.dat
vehicles.ide
vehOff.csv

added models to vehicles.img

i can only add 17 vehicles. limit in the game? if i remove two TLAD or IV default vehicles i can add all other vehicles to TBoGT by only edit content.dat, images.txt and e2_audio.xml

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (FatAssCartman @ Nov 30 2010, 05:12)
the TBoGT vehicle lights wasn't working in the first place so i used TBoGT Vehicle Fix by smokey8808
http://www.gta4-mods...hicle-fix-f6310
does it have the camera bug? if there is any bug it's in the wft files and could be fixed with zmod

added TLAD vehicle names to american.gxt
added TLAD vehicle sounds to e2_audio.xml

added vehicle data to
carcols.dat
cargrp.dat
handling.dat
vehicles.ide
vehOff.csv

added models to vehicles.img

i can only add 17 vehicles. limit in the game? if i remove two TLAD or IV default vehicles i can add all other vehicles to TBoGT by only edit content.dat, images.txt and e2_audio.xml

but u won't be able to post it on this forum ...

FatAssCartman
  • FatAssCartman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:49 AM Edited by FatAssCartman, 30 November 2010 - 07:55 AM.

so i can't post anything about copying from TLAD to TBOGT? or do you mean link to files?
the only thing i asked for was how to remove stuff from TBOGT and it cant be against the rules

edit: i know how to but not exactly what to remove

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (oc student @ Nov 29 2010, 00:27)

?

There's a rule against the most obvious and desirable mod which would be to have everything in the GTA IV era load in one game? I assume this rule will be gone when the GTA IV era is as old as the GTA III era, since there's this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users