Grand Theft Auto IV: London

438 replies to this topic
Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:01 AM

I liked the wall of character text, actually. Haha. It gave off an intelligent impression, like you were delving into a well-developed short story rather than a flashy mesh of images and tables. You should make the character profiles linked to separate posts with each character's respective biography. Other than that, it looks pretty good. I like the way you organized this whole concept, and it sort of influenced the way I formatted my Carcer City topic.

I'm excited for your story about Gerald, the basic idea of it and the possibilities has started to sincerely inhabit me. How far along are you with it?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:22 PM

dude, if youre gonna have tv shows in 1980s london, you need a parody of the young ones colgate.gif

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Tuesday, Jul 26 2011, 04:01)
I liked the wall of character text, actually. Haha. It gave off an intelligent impression, like you were delving into a well-developed short story rather than a flashy mesh of images and tables. You should make the character profiles linked to separate posts with each character's respective biography. Other than that, it looks pretty good. I like the way you organized this whole concept, and it sort of influenced the way I formatted my Carcer City topic.

I haven't really decided yet on whether to post characters independently or to post them in small groups. With the latter I would also detail some of the gang connections, all hopefully consistently well developed as to present a sort of insight into how a rendition of a London underworld may appear in a GTA instalment. When I get around to posting the biographies up I hope you enjoy them and I'm glad you were able to take something from this to build on in your own concept!

I'm excited for your story about Gerald, the basic idea of it and the possibilities has started to sincerely inhabit me. How far along are you with it?

I've got a rough idea about how the tale will pan out so far. The concept on a whole will be driven by the sullen legend of Gerald McReary, with the focus being on unravelling the mysteries of the McReary family, charting the conflicts, the demons and eventually their fall. Without giving too much away, I'm going to depict the return of Derrick McReary, his fall into drug dependency and the sworn hostility between himself and Bucky Sligo, an bloody involvement with two of the mob families, the rebellion and rise of Patrick McReary and even a brief, unforeseen relationship between the Irish and Kenny Petrovic, amongst other events! I'm aiming to create something similar to how San Andreas had The Introduction proceeding it, told through Gerry's eyes as he comes to terms with his eventual fate.

dude, if youre gonna have tv shows in 1980s london, you need a parody of the young ones  colgate.gif

They show The Young Ones over here, so maybe...

user posted image

biggrin.gif

What do you think of the current television?

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:54 AM Edited by akavari112, 03 August 2011 - 02:39 AM.

There certainly is a lot of potential in the idea. One thing, though: I'm pretty sure Derrick was still in Ireland as of the year 2000, at least according to the GrandTheftWiki. Then again, most of the information on there is speculated and could be worked around. I'm sure you got things figured out, but I'd love to catch a glimpse of younger incarnations of characters such as Ray Boccino, maybe picking up on that story about him feeding a thieving union boss to a dump truck? Mikhail Faustin could be shown as the legendary force he used to be, before he was contaminated by drugs and anger. Hell, I'd even get a kick out of seeing a gang-banging Manny Escuela! There is also the arrests of Isaac Roth, Mori Green, and Claude Wome in a diamond deal that you could build around. If you need ideas or my opinions I'm more than willing to lend a hand, I'm pretty interested in it.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (Tyla @ Saturday, Jul 30 2011, 03:46)

What do you think of the current television?

the current lineup is pretty cool. still, with the young ones...

In the young ones, Vivyan drives a 50s ford anglia. The actor who played vivyan was named "Edmondson"

a 1950s Vapid Edmondson?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Tyla @ Saturday, Jul 30 2011, 04:46)

I've got a rough idea about how the tale will pan out so far. The concept on a whole will be driven by the sullen legend of Gerald McReary, with the focus being on unravelling the mysteries of the McReary family, charting the conflicts, the demons and eventually their fall. Without giving too much away, I'm going to depict the return of Derrick McReary, his fall into drug dependency and the sworn hostility between himself and Bucky Sligo, an bloody involvement with two of the mob families, the rebellion and rise of Patrick McReary and even a brief, unforeseen relationship between the Irish and Kenny Petrovic, amongst other events! I'm aiming to create something similar to how San Andreas had The Introduction proceeding it, told through Gerry's eyes as he comes to terms with his eventual fate.

I've been contemplating a similar concept for some time now. With Family Ties currently a work in progress and another concept currently in the planning stages I don't know if it will ever come to fruition though. I'd also be very interested to see what you come up with man.

Moammar
  • Moammar

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Members

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:55 AM

Damn this is good, good job. I like how you used the Underground sign as headers.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:05 AM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 01 August 2011 - 06:07 PM.

QUOTE (Moammar @ Sunday, Jul 31 2011, 02:55)
Damn this is good, good job. I like how you used the Underground sign as headers.

A previously banned member?? cool.gif

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:55 AM

Hey Tyla, would you mind that I had borrowed from your ideas about the black market and trading stolen goods and whatnot for my upcoming concept? It's really brilliant and I feel like it's a system that every GTA should start having. My rendition would be a little different of course, as to not plagiarize a fellow friends idea, but it would have the same gist of obtaining valuables from robbing businesses and offloading it to net the profit from the job. I am crediting this topic as a source of influence anyways, so I figured it would be within your good graces for me to borrow from a few of the things I really liked about this topic. icon14.gif

Moammar
  • Moammar

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Members

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:36 PM

Uh, can you please tell me the bb code to make those blue boxes? For list and such. (been a while.) please and thank you.

blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:43 PM

Here's a nice tutorial for all your BB code needs.

Moammar
  • Moammar

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Members

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (-blitz @ Sunday, Jul 31 2011, 23:43)
Here's a nice tutorial for all your BB code needs.

Thanks!

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Saturday, Jul 30 2011, 04:54)
There certainly is a lot of potential in the idea. One thing, though: I'm pretty sure Derrick was still in Ireland as of the year 2000, at least according to the GrandTheftWiki. Then again, most of the information on there is speculated and could be worked around. I'm sure you got things figured out, but I'd love to catch a glimpse of younger incarnations of characters such as Ray Boccino, maybe picking up on that story about him feeding a thieving union boss to a dump truck? Mikhail Faustin could be shown as the legendary force he used to be, before he was contaminated by drugs and anger. Hell, I'd even get a kick out of seeing a gang-banging Manny Escuela! There is also the arrests of Isaac Roth, Mori Green, and Claude Wome in a diamond deal that you could build around. If you need ideas or my opinions I'm more than willing to lend a hand, I'm pretty interested in it.

Fitting Derrick into 1982 was a stretch, so I have kind of worked around some minor details to build up my own background. There's this timeline I've drawn up for all the little details accounting to all of the McReary's, my spin on how they happened, why they happened. I've been very careful with it up to this point. I also don't trust the Wiki speculation at all, so the rendition I put up will be of my own interpretation and hopefully right on the mark. I'm sure you will enjoy it when I post up. And also something to ponder in the meantime to see where I'm drawing from with Derrick, the inspiration I am basing on is the former PIRA member Sean O'Callaghan.

Thanks for all the suggestions regarding characters. I'm definitely going to include Ray Boccino. This story is all about dirty secrets, dirty pasts, dark events. Seeing how Boccino is idolised on these here forums, he's perfect to include. Originally, I was only going to include a handful of returning characters, most in random encounters. Like a nineteen year old Ashley Butler. Alongside Gerry, I always related to her character the greatest out of most of them.

I may put this concept back and take my time to refine it to include characters of all backgrounds, not just those directly involved with Gerald and the McRearys. I did initially conceive this idea as the closing of the trilogy spanning from 1982, then to 1978, and finally to 2000 anyway. It would be cool if I could dish up something to be a definitive insight, a series of prequels into the world of GTA IV. Aside from the obvious, the returning/mentioned figures I have in mind are: Dimitri Rascalov, Alfonso Vasquez, 'Tony Black' Spoleto, 'Little Jimmy' Pegorino, Sonny Honorato, Elizabeta Torres, Lyle Rivas and Michael Keane. Possibly even Roman Bellic, for sake of a few laughs in the otherwise ominous and sinister story. I would definitely hold your opinion in high regard as far as the story goes!

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Saturday, Jul 30 2011, 14:10)
In the young ones, Vivyan drives a 50s ford anglia. The actor who played vivyan was named "Edmondson"

a 1950s Vapid Edmondson?

I know the car you mean. The closest picture to the actual thing I can find is this:

user posted image

I'm going to include it as the Vapid Hornet, thanks a lot for the suggestion! Here are a few of the other additions to vehicles in the game.

user posted image
The Ocelot Monarch, based on a 1966 Jaguar S-Type.

Throughout the story, Ray will have personal possession of two cars - each with their unique benefits - aside from the traffic that can be stolen:

user posted image
First, the Vagabond Hunter, based on the V8 Rover SD1. Imagine the Rover badge on the front being replaced with Vag in big, bold letters and the emblem looking like a pair of spread legs.

user posted image
A luxurious, 1982 Ocelot Empress, styled on the Jaguar XJS. Younger sister of the Ocelot Windsor.

I'm going to be updating the vehicle section in the foreseeable future with all the marques, etc. If there's anything else you would like to see added, let me know.

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Sunday, Jul 31 2011, 04:55)
Hey Tyla, would you mind that I had borrowed from your ideas about the black market and trading stolen goods and whatnot for my upcoming concept? It's really brilliant and I feel like it's a system that every GTA should start having. My rendition would be a little different of course, as to not plagiarize a fellow friends idea, but it would have the same gist of obtaining valuables from robbing businesses and offloading it to net the profit from the job. I am crediting this topic as a source of influence anyways, so I figured it would be within your good graces for me to borrow from a few of the things I really liked about this topic. icon14.gif

I wouldn't mind at all. Appreciate your asking, mate icon14.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (Tyla @ Thursday, Aug 11 2011, 20:31)
QUOTE (akavari112 @ Saturday, Jul 30 2011, 04:54)

Fitting Derrick into 1982 was a stretch, so I have kind of worked around some minor details to build up my own background. There's this timeline I've drawn up for all the little details accounting to all of the McReary's, my spin on how they happened, why they happened. I've been very careful with it up to this point. I also don't trust the Wiki speculation at all, so the rendition I put up will be of my own interpretation and hopefully right on the mark. I'm sure you will enjoy it when I post up. And also something to ponder in the meantime to see where I'm drawing from with Derrick, the inspiration I am basing on is the former PIRA member Sean O'Callaghan.

Thanks for all the suggestions regarding characters. I'm definitely going to include Ray Boccino. This story is all about dirty secrets, dirty pasts, dark events. Seeing how Boccino is idolised on these here forums, he's perfect to include. Originally, I was only going to include a handful of returning characters, most in random encounters. Like a nineteen year old Ashley Butler. Alongside Gerry, I always related to her character the greatest out of most of them.

I may put this concept back and take my time to refine it to include characters of all backgrounds, not just those directly involved with Gerald and the McRearys. I did initially conceive this idea as the closing of the trilogy spanning from 1982, then to 1978, and finally to 2000 anyway. It would be cool if I could dish up something to be a definitive insight, a series of prequels into the world of GTA IV. Aside from the obvious, the returning/mentioned figures I have in mind are: Dimitri Rascalov, Alfonso Vasquez, 'Tony Black' Spoleto, 'Little Jimmy' Pegorino, Sonny Honorato, Elizabeta Torres, Lyle Rivas and Michael Keane. Possibly even Roman Bellic, for sake of a few laughs in the otherwise ominous and sinister story. I would definitely hold your opinion in high regard as far as the story goes!

As previously mentioned I had a similar idea to this a while back. I was planning on doing the story in three parts spanning over ten years. The first part would be based around Dwayne Forge charting his rise in his late teens and early 20s as a Drug Kingpin and ending with his arrest for possession of drugs and his subsequent prison term. The Second part would be based on Gerald McReary (and the fall of the irish mob) his portion of the story would have started in the early to mid 90s and continue on into the mid naughties. The third part would have dealt with a member of the Spanish Lords, not sure exactly who but possibly Jorge, Liz Torres's bodyguard (albeit skinnier) since it would be interesting to explore his past and what made him turn states. There is also a lot of potential there to make Torres a Gay Tony type in a way and chart not only her rise to power but her fall from grace, not to mention the interactions with characters such as Manny Escuela, Little Jacob, Playboy X and Packie McReary (which could cross over with the other two parts of the story) just like there is equal potential to include others in part 1 and 2. I think this type of thing would be simply too big for me alone for the reasons I mentioned earlier but if you wanna go for it I'd be more than happy to collaborate on it with you man.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:54 AM

Something that captures my imagination with your idea M.O.B is the potential for you to not only the scope for a brilliant story to boot, but having the possible distinction of creating the forums first female protagonist in Elizabeta Torres. What if you were to detail her rise and fall through her own eyes, as opposed to Jorge? She strikes me as a strong woman, perfect for the role, alike Catalina. Her portfolio of contacts is vast and, like her reputation, must have been built on the back of interesting circumstances. Showing Liberty City through the eyes of a woman struggling to survive in a "man's world" could be a very thought provoking instalment in your project, polished with a view acclaimed and respected. A story revolving around a teenage Dwayne Forge is again very interesting. Depending on the year you planned to introduce his portion of the concept he would potentially be very young and easily influenced.

Between the three parts you mentioned and especially with your lack of time, it might be best to shift the focus onto Dwayne to cover the 90s and then to the Spanish Lords/Torres Cartel to represent the new millennium. I myself am not active enough to involve myself in a collaboration of this scale in the near future, but based on hopefully getting a topic out there covering very similar subjects relating to the Irish Mob and your own lack of time, I thought this suggestion may be beneficial to you. Dwayne and Gerald McReary are also very alike in terms of personality; both have dealt with abusive fathers that impacted greatly on their life outlook and end up facing large prison sentences due to the path they chose in life, so it may be entirely possible to mould ideas into one character and get this great idea out quicker than anticipated!

On another note: can I court anyone's interest in the first lot of character bio's sometime in the near future, and possibly some new gameplay elements, activity permitting??

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:48 AM

I'm eager to see the new character bios and features, so you've got my interest onboard icon14.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

Are you still planning on making that topic about Gerald McReary Tyla??

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Sunday, Feb 26 2012, 23:02)
Are you still planning on making that topic about Gerald McReary Tyla??

I'm very interested in seeing this too, it has a lot of potential. Especially with Tyla's writing finesse.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

Not likely. There wasn't an awful lot I had planned for it story wise. No solid plot. I'd consider revisiting it to close out any canon I created but not in the near future, no. I'll put a couple of ideas out through this topic sometime soon. Added some content to the OP. Brought the entire soundtrack back - added a proper R&B Station and some Glam. Get back into IV: London and watch out for the updates.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (Tyla @ Sunday, Mar 11 2012, 14:31)
Not likely. There wasn't an awful lot I had planned for it story wise. No solid plot. I'd consider revisiting it to close out any canon I created but not in the near future, no. I'll put a couple of ideas out through this topic sometime soon. Added some content to the OP. Brought the entire soundtrack back - added a proper R&B Station and some Glam. Get back into IV: London and watch out for the updates.

As I mentioned before I'm planning a concept that will heavily involve Gerry in a 1990s LC, out of the 3 characters though he is the one for whom I am most at a loss for ideas storywise. With that said if you have any ideas for me I'll be more than happy to use them since it would be a shame to see any ideas you have (however few) go to waste. You will be duely credited of course.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:45 PM Edited by akavari112, 24 March 2012 - 01:51 PM.

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Thursday, Mar 22 2012, 12:44)
QUOTE (Tyla @ Sunday, Mar 11 2012, 14:31)

As I mentioned before I'm planning a concept that will heavily involve Gerry in a 1990s LC, out of the 3 characters though he is the one for whom I am most at a loss for ideas storywise. With that said if you have any ideas for me I'll be more than happy to use them since it would be a shame to see any ideas you have (however few) go to waste. You will be duely credited of course.

What year will it take place? Also who are the other 2 characters? wow.gif

Nevermind, I just noticed your earlier post about it.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

I was looking through this topic and I noticed that "Station Four" features the song "Give it To Me Baby" by Rick James which is to be included in GTA V... good call man colgate.gif icon14.gif

Akaviri
  • Akaviri

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:01 AM

Reviving this one for remembrance because it's the best thread ever. It's a great reference for people trying to write concepts; if I could pin it, I would.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

The Night Is Like A Dagger, Long And Cold And Sharp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:50 AM

I've actually grown quite fond of the idea of creating a London based GTA. I used to think the idea wasn't that great but the more I've researched and the more British media I have viewed the more I think the setting is a tremendous one for GTA is its done correctly. I would want the game to feel genuinely British and not like I was playing in New York but with right hand drive cars. I really want to create a London Based concept but I feel I can't do it because I have limited knowledge of Britain. If someone would want to help me out with it that would be awesome. Just like be an advisor to me that I could ask questions to.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

@MOB:
Nice spot! V is shaping up nicely. Rockstar have exceeded all my expectations so far from what I read in the previews. I wonder what ideas (if any) from our concepts will come to fruition the game? Rockstar very obviously check in on the V forum, maybe they've had a peek at our work?

I swear, I had the whole zoom out on the city, "Google Earth" map thing drawn up way before V was announced. It was very Driver: San Francisco. The general idea was to access an active game map from one of Ray's safehouses or businesses in different areas of the location... where he'd be able to look out on the city of London from a home base there, and there would be random shootouts, deals going down that he (or his goons) could jump, various criminal opportunities -- live-action random events from RDR, really. Other areas would be accessible from that area only; Southend from Southend, the countryside from the countryside, etc. Anyone who wants to run with the feature is welcome to. It's a shame I didn't finish a lot of what I planned.

@Akavari:
About to drop the new introduction and the early missions for my loyal fanbase in an hour or so. Thanks for the support!
I maintain Raymond Caine would rape Trevor Phillips with a rusty screwdriver. sneaky2.gif

@gtamann123:
Let me say now, you'll make no finer choice than London for a concept. My advice to you:
  • Read The London Dossier.
  • Get familiar with the words "c*nt", "twat", "wanker".
  • Factor the surrounding countryside and nearby seaside towns into your map to break away from the city. Southend is a wonderful place.
  • Explore as much British music, culture and media as possible, and let that be the driving influence behind your concept. Forget about emphasizing on stereotypes; they'll be your undoing.
  • Consider a specific era -- the 90s, the 70s, the 80s or the 60s. I'm sure you've made one or two of these before and I know you're good at them. What's so great about London (and certain cities like New York, Miami, etc) is that they're like time capsules where no one place in the world at one time was like it -- which is the selling point with this topic. The atmosphere becomes a lot more fascinating and engrossing when you're portraying a time that will never be relived.
  • Keep it British, or at the very least European. London is an extremely diverse cultural melting pot, and this is meant in the sense that you should draw your influences as far away from America as possible. Fill your topic with as much British & European music, British & European cars, bear beautiful British imagery for your headers... so on. Al Murray wants his gig back, so I'll pack it in. But you get the point. Right down to the characters and guns, let it be known your GTA is a GTA set in London.

Feel free to PM me with specific questions, and I'm sure the fellas in the Creators Lounge will help you out with anything. Keep us updated.

More music coming to the soundtrack and the introduction to follow in an hour or so. Thanks again for the continued interest.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:12 AM

user posted image

Grand Theft Auto IV: London Theme

The Introduction.

The game opens with the dark eyes of Raymond Caine moving slowly across the screen, looking left, looking right before finally deciding to fixate on you the player. Sound kicks in –- the thud of bass as Caine regains his senses. We hear gunshots, methodical executions; two in the head, make sure they’re dead; tyres rumble away down a beaten track. Amongst the chaos, Raymond Caine claws his way out of a shallow grave, throwing his body onto the ground above. His leather bomber is thick with blood and his left arm has very obviously been wounded by the impact of buckshot. Nonetheless, he brings himself to his feet. The face of Raymond Caine is twisted in fury and betrayal: he grunts a few words, proclaiming that he’s going to kill them – kill them all .

Caine marches through the morning countryside, the sun rising upon endless trees and fields –- he’s in the middle of nowhere. Pink Floyd’s “Dogs” echoes in the background. Ray’s left arm is limp at his side and he soldiers on with his weight on the right, his shoulders forward giving him the walk of a scud missile. He comes to a gate and suddenly stops, watching a Vagabond Offender pass by and stop in a field: a backwater farmer gets out; he’s got a flat cap and shotgun. Ray’s eyes are aflicker with opportunity; he’s weighing up stealing the 4x4 and driving to a doctor or kidnapping the farmer and forcing him to lead him to help. He settles on the latter.

The farmer spots the shadow of Caine thundering towards him in the morning sun, does a double take on the blood and in his best authoritative voice, warns him off his land or he will call the police. The shotgun in his hands feels reassuring. But Caine keeps marching towards him. He warns him again, his voice crackling this time. Still Ray marches. The farmer lifts up the shotgun and fires into the air –- but it’s too little too late. Ray’s shoulders lower and his head drops: he ploughs into the Farmer’s torso, sending him and the shotgun sprawling. A savage stomping follows, Ray taking possession of the weapon. At gunpoint, he learns the farmer has an animal nurse working on his farm. He orders the farmer to drive him there.

Raymond Caine is sitting on a haystack inside of a barn, his left arm bandaged and being fixed up by the veterinary nurse: the farmer’s henpecked housewife. She’s clearly not used to all this excitement and is somewhat fascinated by Raymond, even if sh*t scared of him. With the shotgun to his right and a cigarette hanging from his lips, Ray is looking quite content: not at all pained. There’s even a grin spread across his mouth. We find out the farmer has become his source of amusement: beaten, bound & gagged and with a big mark across his forehead where Ray has used his head to open every door in the farmhouse, he’s tied up in the corner like a dog and forced to watch Ray and his wife become very friendly. Cruelly, he’s emasculating him. When patched up to his satisfaction, Ray asks to be shown to the telephone.

The first call Ray places is to Alan Fitzgerald, his contact back in London. Fitzgerald is the yellow pages of the London underworld; Ray is sniffing for leads. He explains what happened, a failed heroin deal; the selling party –- an emerging foreign outfit – caught wise that Ray’s employer is slipping and is out of his depth in the drug market and simply decided to take the cash and keep the merch. “All in the game,” says Caine. "I'm gonna off 'em, one by one." Alan doesn’t doubt it: he’s known Ray too long. He explains that Diamond – Ray’s employer – is furious and making noise all over town about the f*ckup, especially as the guys behind the raid were celebrating last night in his pub. Diamond has warned them they’re all on borrowed time and he wants Ray back in London as soon as to kill them all, but Ray is unenthusiastic about Diamond. Finally, he acquires the number of a local armorer so that he can get tooled up.

Before making a second call, Ray is called into the kitchen by the wife: she’s made him a lovely, greasy fry-up. Ray’s delighted. While he eats, the farmer shivers and starves in the barn. He furthers the humiliation by taking the afternoon to give her a good seeing to, and Raymond will spawn outside the bedroom with a sleazy grin and full bar of health. He proceeds to telephone the armorer, Mad Mickey. Mickey will soup up the shotgun so that it’s fit for “hunting vermin.” “When’ll you be by?” he asks. “Tomorrow,” Ray answers. “Gotta lose a bit of baggage.”

The mission begins the following day with a close-up of the farmer, being shadowed by Caine in the doorway. He’s shivering cold, red-eyed from lack of sleep and sobbing, covered in urine. Raymond Caine has turned him into this sorry mess; again he’s turned to sh*t by that knowing look and predatory smile. The wife soon joins them, now more affectionate towards Ray. She strokes the barrel of the shotgun whilst sharing a look of pity at her husband, disregarding their loveless marriage for good. Her nostrils twitch, “What’s that smell?” “He’s done himself a mischief in the night,” taunts Ray. “No time to clean up. We’re shippin’ out.” While the wife holds the farmer’s own gun on him, Ray frees the restraints on his feet for him to walk. Weak, he lags behind. “Oi. Slide.” Ray points and commands, and shoves him into the dog cage in the back of the vehicle. “Get in the f*ckin’ motor.” He briefly returns to the barn, snatches something from the vet bag, and then drives to the destination.

The location will be recognized as the game start –- an abandoned structure not unlike the farmhouse. To the rear, corpses are littered amongst dried blood and leaves: some are Diamond’s associates, others goons Ray took down with him. The Offender approaches from the front and settles out of sight from the road. Taking the keys and ordering the wife to stay put, Ray feigns a slight with the farmer and orders him out of the 4x4, shoving him up the path and into the building. It’s quiet and they are alone: Ray reaches for his trousers.

They are interrupted by moans; the cries of an injured man. Ray investigates to discover a wounded associate that has crawled into the building, looking for “the gear.” He pleads with Ray for help.

Ray takes a length of wood and caves in his skull.

“You got a problem with what I’ve just done?”
“Don’t you f*ckin’ look at me,” he spits venom at the gawping farmer, treating him like a child. “Face away.” he shoves him into a corner, “Get in the naughty corner. Count to ‘undred.”

The farmer begins to bumble his way to one hundred. Ray again reaches into his pocket. This time, he produces a scalpel lifted from the vet bag.

With little more than a sad whimper from him, he cuts the farmer’s throat.

He gargles. Ray’s boot's on the back of his neck while he sparks up a cigarette. Casually, he flicks the blood from the scalpel and wipes it down on the farmer’s shirt. He carries about his business with no concern at all, stepping over the bodies to uncover a black Vagabond Hunter. We learn this is Ray’s car. Get inside. Beneath a cream leather seat, Ray fishes out a transponder, rigged to the money. A tutorial explains its use: every time the item is equipped, the distance between Ray and the cash will become known to the player by way of the vehicle’s car phone beeping. The more frequent the beeps: the closer the money is. Currently, the phone beeps once and then falls completely silent.

Ray accelerates fast out of the barn, the weak wooden door rolling off of the Hunter. He pulls alongside the Offender and calls the wife into his car, “Get in.” She offers little resistance, too enamored by the luxury vehicle. She’s so wrapped up in the ride they are half way down the road before she asks where her husband is. “He ain’t comin’,” he brushes off. He avoids further questions by demanding she fellates him.

Ray will bring the car to a stop far into the B-roads, out where cars and buses are few and the countryside rolls on for miles. The wife will giggle, but Ray is silent. The graveness of the situation suddenly hits the woman and excitement turns to fear. Ray pulls the scalpel from his pocket.

At knife-point, he promptly relieves her of money and backhands her when she gives him lip. Her purpose served, he tosses her from the car and into the sopping wet gutter. She sobs into the leaves as Ray continues on.

+ £20

Mad Mickey’s house is a small cottage out in the sticks, obscured behind a huge bush and facing away from the countryside rail tracks. Ray will park down the path and walk along a gravel driveway, the farmer’s shotgun over his shoulder. At first there’s not a trace of the gun dealer; he’s rumoured to be ex-SAS once active in desert operations during the 70s and his claim to fame is being televised during a siege on the US embassy in London, where angry Australian activists took hostages and were promptly executed in the SAS operation that followed.

Out of nowhere, Mickey falls into Ray’s step and appears behind him, a Browning Pistol cocked and to the back of his head. He’s in a Balaclava and full army outfit, and relieves Ray of the shotgun with startling precision. Giggling, he caresses the weapon as if it were a beautiful woman and rounds off every detail of the shotgun with obsessive fascination. “You failed to maintain this weapon, sunshine,” he chuckles. “I’d dispatch you, go inside and sleep like a tot,” he whispers, deadly serious. “Moochin’ around. Figured you for ‘Bill, not one of the chaps.” He removes his balaclava, stuffs the pistol in his trousers and continues admiring the shotgun. “Fitzgerald phone ahead –- tread with me Raymond.”

Ray will hike with Mickey through the woods, sharing stories and comparing battle scars. Occasionally he’ll stop to blast a rabbit with the Browning and ambush dogwalkers, stalking them as if they were the enemy. “I f*ckin’ hate dogsh*t. Saw enough camel sh*t in Egypt to last me a lifetime,” he’ll moan, but say nothing of his blisters.

Eventually, the two will come upon a weathered, lonesome old home, the only one for what seems miles. Covered in moss and weeds, its distinguishing feature is a well-structured roof lined with copper. Several cats crawl in the guttering –- Mickey eyes them with disgust.

He points out the copper on the roof and informs Ray it would be perfect to lift as the basis for a silencer. While he climbs up the roof on an unattended ladder to steal it, Ray is instructed to watch his back. He warns him of the crazy cat man, and lets slip that he intended to visit him anyway; word about town is the old man came into some money from his thug son.

Keep your eyes open while Mickey fills his rucksack with stolen copper, shoving roaming cats off the roof only for them to climb up again along the drainpipe. Eventually, the cat man will appear in the doorway screaming obscenities. Mickey barks at him to f*ck off, and at the sight of Ray will retreat into the house. He soon returns –- announcing that he has telephoned his son. He will then make a charge at the ladder, shaking it in an attempt to get Mickey to fall. Follow the prompts to shove cat man back into the house and knock him down. Mickey will climb down the ladder, enter the house and stab him to death. As a car pulls up outside, Mickey stalks off to investigate while instructing Ray to find the stash of money.

Turn the house upside down in search of the money and eventually you will find a suitcase in the fridge, kept on ice between rows of tinned cat food. As a gunshot rings out, Ray pockets some of the cash and heads out to Mickey on the way in: he’s executed the son. His keen eye for guns will pick up on an old, obscure WW-II era Welrod Pistol on top of a phonebook. Ray is now armed.

Outside, cat man’s son is limp in the seat of his Vapid Intruder bleeding out of the driver’s side. The row of cats cast judgement from the rooftop. “They’ll not find out for days,” assures Mickey, confidently. “And even then –- local rags & tea time news at best. Every sob story with a license goes on a spree in the sticks now’days.”

Mickey eyes the cats.

“Fancy a little target practise, Raymond?”

With Mickey, you will now play through the weapon tutorial.

Aim for the cats. Beat Mickey’s score. He’ll wager money whether you win or lose. You will then be schooled on free/fine aim.

“Blow that fat mess out of his seat.”

Use free/fine aim to target the strap of the seatbelt that is holding the son’s corpse in the driver’s seat. Fire and split the belt; the body will topple from the car and the bullet blow out the back window.

“Right. Let’s f*ck off.”

With the option of stealing the car, trek back to Mickey’s cottage to complete the mission. He will take 24 hours to complete the silencer, but will labor lovingly on the shotgun until it is finished.

+£250
+ Mad Mickey -- CONTACT
+ Welrod Pistol

Coming Soon:
  • 4): Ray uses the transponder to locate the stolen money and retrieves weaponry from Mickey.
  • 5): Using the Silenced Shotgun assembled by Mickey, Ray retrieves the money and drugs, ambushing and killing his prey.
  • Act Two.

Akaviri
  • Akaviri

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

That was brilliantly done. inlove.gif

I'm really sold with this story so far. Ray is a true incarnation of Grand Theft Auto spirit, taking what he wants and wasting no time on sympathy. I was kind of shocked when he executed the farmer, seeing as the poor guy was done up as a sort of pathetic yet comical sidekick. In the end, though, he was just a sheep with something to lose while Ray played the big bad wolf.

Can't wait to see more of this, I'm stoked. icon14.gif

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:21 AM

Ray is like Trevor but times 10.

• Tyla likes this

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:36 AM Edited by Tyla, 06 January 2014 - 06:39 AM.

Ray is like Trevor but times 10.

He gets worse. Now look what you've done.

Looking back I can't help but notice the similarity between the above and Trevor's encounters with Floyd and Debra. Bear in mind, this topic goes back a year before GTAV was announced. Maybe I should have a word in Rockstar's shell and get this made?

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:36 AM

Here's a quick one while I'm of a stable mind.

Pursuit Of The Almighty Pound.

Between missions, the game makes a point of showing Ray can’t idle for long without becoming bored and tempestuous. His eye will wander: victims, targets, casing and sizing up everything around him.

For the purpose of passing 24 hours until Mickey kits out the shotgun, Ray weighs up the options in his immediate surroundings – the town of Rosy-On-Sea, a few miles out from Southend. Providing an introduction to the game’s random events - more like random opportunities.

Walking over Rosy Hill, Ray will stop to admire the 15th century architecture of St. Innocent’s church and be approached by the local Priest, a concerned man of the cloth who urges Ray to go inside and confess his sins. He does so, casually and calmly providing an insight into his background.

He admits to committing his first murder at schoolboy age, dragging the body through the East End backstreets and disposing of it in the Docklands. He mentions how skyscrapers are being built over the burial site and how he enriched the developer – Diamond – with the power to build these structures. Ray explains how his first murder was never discovered empowered him – the only feeling he has known since, contributing to his lofty sense of entitlement.

The Priest asks Ray if he wants to repent, but Ray cuts him off. “We could be here all f*ckin’ night, Father.”

He expands on his time in prison, explaining he made the best of the environment he was placed in. He talks of men he murdered and men he set up to murder in order to take control of that environment before it took control of him, and many the murder of perverts and paedophiles, “They don’t count. Lord knew my intentions, even if the church’ll turn a blind eye.” Ray then teases a prison bitch he’s going to track down and turn out.

Ray then reflects on the events of the previous mission, expressing his disgust of women.

Control slowly returns back to the player; totally when the Priest urges Ray to fully repent, and Ray turns his head in disgust: not at the Priest, but at himself. The camera focuses on an illuminated religious artefact. It darkens with an L1/LB prompt*, dawning that Ray has only told the Priest so much because he intends to murder him.

You will club the Priest over the head with the artefact and Ray begins to shout at him, demanding to know where they keep the collection plate. Club him again until he reveals the location of the money, which amounts to petty change. Ray will take the statue with both hands and beat the Priest to death.

Ray stuffs the loose change in his pocket and props the unrecognizable body up in the confessional, showing the only thing he cares for is lining his pockets.

+£5

Ray spawns outside the Crooked Bar Steward pub, overlooking Rosy-on-Sea’s waterfront. £5 is immediately deducted from your funds and by the blurred screen becomes apparent Ray has spent the takings on a round of pints. Caine cannot handle his drink, despite his size. He stumbles onto the sands and inhales the fishy sea air. It reminds him of his RAF station in Gibraltar, so he says. He begins to talk about Alan (who he served with) and will begin to sing an old song, until the camera once again deviates.

The focus is a small cockle boat at low tide. A party of Vietnamese cockle pickers hurry around nets full of catch. There are no more than 15 of them getting rich. Ray then notices the name of the boat: Ye Olde Smack.

Ray enters into rampage. He rips a large gaffer hook from a net and sinks it into the skull of a lone Vietnamese, kicking off the kill spree.

Chase and kill the 15 fleeing cockle pickers with the gaffer hook.

This is no easy feat, and Ray (like the player) feels entitled to a reward for his trouble. Calming after rampage passed, he returns to the boat and ransacks it. He discovers a secret concealment used to smuggle heroin – empty. If the player is observant, they can return in a couple of weeks and rob the consignment.

-£5

A third and final random events spawns on the High Street. Moving much more obliviously to the player – but not the seasoned robber that is Raymond Caine – is an armoured guard ferrying a cash delivery out of the local Post Office. The armoured van is down the street, watched over by a car load of for-hire-thugs.

The major difference between this robbery and the random car heists in GTAV is the location of the money. Instead of being carried and dropped, the cash case is chained to the arm of the guard. This opens up several ways of going about the robbery, effecting both your score and wanted level

• Following the weapon tutorial in the previous mission, Ray can fine aim and use the Welrod Pistol to shoot the case from the chain. Unless a shot is silenced, this immediately incurs armed response.

• Ray can knock the guard out, but he is wearing armour and it will take longer than usual, all while the player’s wanted level is running up...

• Ray can follow the guard to the convoy, where he will become vulnerable transferring the case to the armoured truck. Attacking now is the easiest way of getting the case, at the expense of Ray being met with a car load of thugs who may or may not be armed – most likely with melees. Brawling with them generates less heat than shooting them all dead, but the longer you take the more wanted level you gain.

• If Ray has explosive, he can follow the armoured transport until vulnerable and blow open the rear doors to obtain the cash, at the risk of incinerating part of the score.

The robbery will net the player £500 and a small-to-large police response, dependant on how they undertake it.

+£500

Return to Mickey’s cottage. On your approach, Mickey will fire a shell from Ray’s shotgun that amounts to little more than a whisper. It showers Ray in leaves. He admires his craftsmanship but is reprimanded by Ray, who snatches the shotgun and berates him. To placate him, Mickey introduces Ray to the work bench.

The work bench will allow Ray to construct throwaway, DIY weaponry and silencers from bare bones resources found in the environment, expanding the feature of environmental weapons. Beginning with Molotov cocktails, pipe bombs and the suppressed shotgun, DIY weapons vary in their time taken to complete (6-72 hours) and many are unlocked by encounters during the storyline. Bucky Sligo and Derrick McReary use an arsenal assembled entirely by hand until acquiring an arms shipment, later in the storyline.

The mission concludes with Ray paying Mickey for his services, deducting £250 from the player’s account. He informs Mickey to expect a phone call when he’s located the goods and departs, triggering the following mission. 

+ Silenced Shotgun

To-Do List:

CHARACTERS: Harry Langton, Topper McGraw, Terry Wolfe, Conway Gage, Cedric Kuntz.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users