Photo

Mass Effect 3

2,526 replies to this topic
The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:00 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 15 December 2010 - 08:10 PM.

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Dec 15 2010, 21:05)
Aw f*ck! I'm going to have to either rotate games, or figure out which one I'm going to play through first.

I'm gonna play ME3 first because:

1) it's a continuation of ME2 so it's kinda logical to play it first
2) it takes a lot less than playing through a TES game. A LOT LESS!

I'm gonna pre-order the most awesome ME3 pre-order I can find. I hope they make something special for PC though. It's gonna be my first pre-order ever.

Democrab
  • Democrab

Tornado of Souls

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Dec 16 2010, 05:49)
Wooo hoo now the gaming forums are back and here is some blisteringly breaking news that is incredibly hard to believe.  Apparently Gamestop are saying that Mass Effect 3 will be released on 8th November 2011 (Tuesday) so that would be 11th November for the rest of the planet.  That gives us just 328 days till we watch London burnnnnnnnnnnnn.

http://reviewsonq.bl...and-3-news.html

Naturally take this with a truck load of salt and don't book your holidays around this date just yet eh  wink.gif

P.S for some reason that url isn't clickable I have tried it several ways and it just won't work.

Epic, my birthday is the 5th of November so I'm sure I can con someone into giving me a pre-order of the "uber collectors edition" Bioware wanted to do.

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Dec 16 2010, 06:05)
Aw f*ck! I'm going to have to either rotate games, or figure out which one I'm going to play through first.

ME3, its the end of a trilogy and if TES V is anything like previous games, you'll be able to play for ages.
Plus, it'd be better to wait a little while after TES V is launched to play it, why? Mods and bugs, better to have both when playing TES IMO.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (Joe. @ Dec 15 2010, 20:03)
the "uber collectors edition" Bioware wanted to do.

This is very relevant to my interests. wow.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:21 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 15 December 2010 - 11:24 PM.

QUOTE (papanesta @ Dec 16 2010, 01:20)

HA! I found your picture on the net.
user posted image

This explains a lot, actually tounge.gif

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:05 AM

Ok it may seem odd to talk about Mass Effect 2 in here but I just came across this story :-

QUOTE ("Jesse Houston")
We’ve actually created the engine for Mass Effect 3 and use that to make Mass Effect 2 PS3. So we took the content and the story and all the other assets that made up Mass Effect 2 and we put them in the Mass Effect 3 engine. And that‘s what we are actually delivering.

source

So the PS3 version of ME 2 is using the ME 3 version of the game engine, you can get an idea of the improvements if you look at the PS3 preview video :-

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Dec 15 2010, 23:21)
QUOTE (papanesta @ Dec 16 2010, 01:20)

HA! I found your picture on the net.
user posted image

This explains a lot, actually tounge.gif

I'm adorable! inlove.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Dec 16 2010, 03:05)
Ok it may seem odd to talk about Mass Effect 2 in here but I just came across this story :-

QUOTE ("Jesse Houston")
We’ve actually created the engine for Mass Effect 3 and use that to make Mass Effect 2 PS3. So we took the content and the story and all the other assets that made up Mass Effect 2 and we put them in the Mass Effect 3 engine. And that‘s what we are actually delivering.

source

So the PS3 version of ME 2 is using the ME 3 version of the game engine, you can get an idea of the improvements if you look at the PS3 preview video

Well I'm not impressed. It looks exactly like the PC version. I want some improvements in ME3 if they have a new engine. But isn't ME using UT3 engine? What could they possibly improve except textures and policount?

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Dec 16 2010, 01:18)
QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Dec 16 2010, 03:05)

QUOTE ("Jesse Houston")

source

So the PS3 version of ME 2 is using the ME 3 version of the game engine, you can get an idea of the improvements if you look at the PS3 preview video

Well I'm not impressed. It looks exactly like the PC version. I want some improvements in ME3 if they have a new engine. But isn't ME using UT3 engine? What could they possibly improve except textures and policount?

If the PS3 with upgraded engine looks the same as normal PC, we can assume that the upgraded PC will looks loads better than the upgraded PS3.

Rockworm
  • Rockworm

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:35 AM

OMG this and Skyrim on the same day?!?!
and here I thought Dragon age 2 and LA Noire was all I had to look forward too.
On top of that we got Batman:AC and Uncharted 3 2011 is gonna rock for gaming.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:10 AM

I'VE FINALLY COMPLETED MASS EFFECT 1!!!!! Virmire was my favourite mission. Love how my decisions from the first game got transferred to the next.
Wrex is alive, Council saved, sexy Rachni queen alive.

I was surprised that Garrus and Anderson were considered to be Spectres. This makes me one to let my Sheperd choose on which squadmate will become the next Spectre in ME3.

Have you guys decided on which Sheperd you want to transfer to ME3? I've already got my Sheperd-list ready to go. SPOILERS BELOW!

1st Sheperd: Female/War Hero/Colonist/Soldier/Council saved/Blew Up The Collector Ship/Loyal to Liara
2nd Sheperd: Male/Ruthless/Spacer/Inflitrator/Council died/Saved The Collector Ship/Loyal To Miranda
3rd Sheperd: Default Male Sheperd/Council saved/Saved The Collector Ship/Affair between Ashley and Tali
4th Sheperd: Female/Ruthless/Earthborn/Adept/Council saved/Blew Up The Collector Ship/Affair between Kaiden and Garrus

Can't freakin' wait for ME3!

EDIT: New week, New ME3 sig. Yay!

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Dec 17 2010, 05:10)
Have you guys decided on which Sheperd you want to transfer to ME3? I've already got my Sheperd-list ready to go.

I've got a default male/Tali LI/Soldier/not imported
Ex-GF lookalike/engineer/no LI/not imported
Default male/sentinel/Liara & Miranda LI
Ursula Shepard/Vanguard/Liara LI/Renegade
Default female/Infiltrator/ Kaiden LI

Apart from Ursula, they're all paragon and they all destroy the base The infiltrator is only 1/4 the way thru ME1. Ursula is the most canon and the only shepard I've done LotSB with.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:19 AM

Hey guys, is it possible to have romance with Kasumi?

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (mati1501 @ Dec 17 2010, 09:19)
Hey guys, is it possible to have romance with Kasumi?

I think we're getting topics mixed up here - that's a question for ME2, but I'd be in favour of a merge so we can talk all things Mass Effect. All of my questions regarding ME1 have been posted in the ME2 thread anyway.

to answer your question ,,,,NO....

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:30 PM

Have you guys decided on which Sheperd you want to transfer to ME3?

Well I only have 2 Shepard's, one is male the Other is Female, both Soldiers, Female has Ashley alive while Male has Kaiden, I've romanced Liara for both and then in ME2 I have Garrus for Female though I did get it back on with Liara and for Male I got just Miranda, though I only have one save with all of my squad surviving and that was with a Female and my male one has Jack dead, oh and finally I only have one fully Renegade Character, though i'm thinking of starting up a Renegade Male so I can make a Bastard as well as a Bitch in ME3.

Yes i know i used a lot of spoiler tags, gotta protect those PS3 users though. tounge.gif

3minty3
  • 3minty3

Are you watching closely?

• Members

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:04 PM

I tried and tried but I could only ever play as one Shepard. It just felt wrong seeing another Shepard in the place of mine.

Also a video for Mass Effect and TES fans. Very suprising how fitting the audio is.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Nicaragua
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Dec 15 2010, 15:00)
1) it's a continuation of ME2 so it's kinda logical to play it first
2) it takes a lot less than playing through a TES game. A LOT LESS!

Hahah, yeah. Great points, especially that second one. I'll probably get both day ones, so I'll be exited to play both. But once I get ME3, I'll focus just on that until it's finished.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:40 PM

I don't think they'll release on the same day. One of the publishers could crack and bump it up a week like Alan Wake did when it was up against RDR.

Absurdity
  • Absurdity

ϟ

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:11 AM

Bethesda marketing obviously played a massive role in coming up with the 11/11/11 release date for Skyrim, that would leave a fairly sure bet that the game will be ready for release well before then. Likely, Elder Scrolls V will make an appearance before Mass Effect 3. Bethesda will want people on their game first.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Dec 18 2010, 20:40)
I don't think they'll release on the same day. One of the publishers could crack and bump it up a week like Alan Wake did when it was up against RDR.

It was only put back for Europe so Alan Wake and Red Dead's release date in America still clashed.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (3minty3 @ Dec 18 2010, 18:04)
I tried and tried but I could only ever play as one Shepard. It just felt wrong seeing another Shepard in the place of mine.

Also a video for Mass Effect and TES fans. Very suprising how fitting the audio is.

The one who made this is a genius.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:58 PM

that video literally blew my mind to bits tounge.gif

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 24 December 2010 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (Minic @ Dec 17 2010, 23:30)
Have you guys decided on which Sheperd you want to transfer to ME3?

Well I only have 2 Shepard's, one is male the Other is Female, both Soldiers, Female has Ashley alive while Male has Kaiden, I've romanced Liara for both and then in ME2 I have Garrus for Female though I did get it back on with Liara and for Male I got just Miranda, though I only have one save with all of my squad surviving and that was with a Female and my male one has Jack dead, oh and finally I only have one fully Renegade Character, though i'm thinking of starting up a Renegade Male so I can make a Bastard as well as a Bitch in ME3.

Yes i know i used a lot of spoiler tags, gotta protect those PS3 users though. tounge.gif

Huh, almost sounds like high school doesnt it?

I think I'm going to edit my Sheperd-list a little bit. Onto my second Sheperd now on ME1.

QUOTE (mrpain @ Dec 17 2010, 13:10)

EDITED LIST:

1st Sheperd: Female/War Hero/Colonist/Inflitrator/Council saved/Blew Up The Collector Ship/Loyal to Liara
2nd Sheperd: Male/Ruthless/Spacer/Sentinel/Council died/Saved The Collector Ship/Loyal To Miranda
3rd Sheperd: Male/War Hero/Earthborn/Soldier/Council saved/Saved The Collector Ship/Affair between Ashley and Tali
4th Sheperd: Female/Ruthless/Earthborn/Adept/Council saved/Blew Up The Collector Ship/Affair between Kaiden and Garrus

"Because it's a big stupid jellyfish!"
Renegade Sheperd in ME1 scares the hell outta of me.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:27 AM

Hm well this isn't exactly news and the source is "rather dubious" but here is an interesting take on the CG trailer we saw a couple of weeks ago. I have put the information in spoilers, technically there isn't any spoiler but if you don't want any surprises to be ruined with regard to upcoming trailers then don't read it :-

You've all been deceived. Well at least that's what a reliable source within Bioware has told me. The trailer we all saw a few weeks ago was accurate in depicting Earths destruction, but clearly it doesn't tell the whole story. I've been informed that the trailer is from the perspective of the Earthborn Shepard, which is why the trailer was codenamed "Earthborn".

Apparently Bioware has been listening to the feedback on how choosing whether to be earthborn, spacer, or colonist didn't make too much of a difference in the past 2 games; So now the option you choose or have chosen will now have a much larger impact. According to the source, there will be 2 other trailers highlighting the "Spacer" & "Colonist" viewpoint in the months to come. The other trailers could depict another attack on the citadel & fleets or multiple colonies/settlements with Alliance interest being attacked, etc.

But it's been suggested that the main focus will be on stopping the reaper threat on Earth, where the final showdown will happen. The British guy in the Earthborn trailer is just a random soldier; he will have no role in ME3 at all. Lastly, ME3 takes place several years after the events of ME2. The source has no info on whether Ash/Kaid will have a major role or if they achieved spectre status, no info about a Tali face reveal, the status of Mordin/Thane being alive, or any new members coming aboard the Normandy. It was hinted though that there could be early squad member deaths i.e. the suicide mission of ME2, so maybe at that point there could be new members to recruit or to fill the void. I'm sure there will be folks on here who will "dismiss this claim" but I'm only relaying what I've been told. Take the info I've shared how you want it. Happy/Merry Christmas.

http://www.gamefaqs....fect-3/57580894

I know the source is incredibly dubious but right now there isn't much else in the way of discussion with ME 3 and who knows this guy might just be on the money.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:13 AM Edited by GTAvanja, 25 December 2010 - 01:30 AM.

I call bullsh*t on that one. The choice is too irrelevant. There should be logical repercussions based on choices and that isn't it. I doubt Bioware would do something that dumb.
user posted image

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:12 PM

I could not resist:

Made by me.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Dec 25 2010, 02:13)
I call bullsh*t on that one. The choice is too irrelevant. There should be logical repercussions based on choices and that isn't it. I doubt Bioware would do something that dumb.
[IMG]http://209.85.48.11/.../34/emo/Ted.png[IMG]

Dumb? Try AWESOME. Not only would that be incredible and further stress the individuality of each and every character (or some bullsh*t like that), it would give me incentive to go all the way back to ME1 and make a new character.

I hope that it's true. I doubt it, though, because let's face it - it doesn't matter where our character comes from, we're all still attached to Earth.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (Gronf @ Dec 27 2010, 01:31)
QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Dec 25 2010, 02:13)
[IMG]http://209.85.48.11/.../34/emo/Ted.png[IMG]

Dumb? Try AWESOME. Not only would that be incredible and further stress the individuality of each and every character (or some bullsh*t like that), it would give me incentive to go all the way back to ME1 and make a new character.

I hope that it's true. I doubt it, though, because let's face it - it doesn't matter where our character comes from, we're all still attached to Earth.

I agree. 'Bout time my Sheperd gets connected to his/her origins. Would be awesome for Spacers to see their mom.

So let me get this straight, the reason the Reapers want to destroy the organics is because we use their technology? Pfft greedy bastards.

Funny how I played through the whole two games lots of times and I still dont understand what a Reaper actually is.

Grae
  • Grae

¯

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:18 PM Edited by Grae, 2 days ago.

My take on the Reapers is that they started out as basic organic life and over aeons got so technologically advanced that they achieved (pseudo-)immortality. When Sovereign says that they are each a 'nation', I think maybe each of the 'programs' within a Reaper are actually direct 'translations' of the minds or personalities of individuals...perhaps initially, if not exclusively, high-ranking members of that society that got first dibs, or maybe lower class citizens used as guinea pigs cry.gif.

Then of course they set-up the relays and such, harvesting every or so often the 'fruit' future organic civilisations rise to create, while snoozin'/working out in dark-space in the meantime. Why do they do this? My guess is that they use the galaxies' resources to not only maintain themselves but to also transcend (existence, reality, whatever) even further. Also, I reckon each of those programs are Kings/Gods (or lesser things, depending on what the program fancies or is simply assigned to) within mindbogglingly vast virtual, Matrix-like worlds on Reaper 'servers'.

And with Shepard & Co. we're gonna kick their asses. icon14.gif

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (Supreme. @ Dec 30 2010, 15:18)
Then of course they set-up the relays and such, harvesting every or so often the 'fruit' future organic civilisations rise to create, while snoozin'/working out in dark-space in the meantime. Why do they this? My guess is that they use the galaxies' resources to not only maintain themselves but to also transcend (existence, reality, whatever) even further. Also, I reckon each of those programs are Kings/Gods (or lesser things, depending on what the program fancies) within mindbogglingly vast virtual, Matrix-like worlds on Reaper 'servers'

This is pretty much what I think's going on. The Reapers aren't necessarily evil. They're goal isn't to gobble up all the sentient life every couple of thousands years just be evil/just to survive. Their goal is to help the advancement of life as a whole by granting ascension to the most "worthy" race, and it's just necessary to wipe out all the other life as well to give another "worthy" species to appear. It's basically artificial version of natural selection.

The goal, the advancement of their species, is pretty common throughout the ME universe (the geth being the most obvious example). It's just that their methods are a little dubious. The Protheans were the first to tell them they were being dicks, and they also unwittingly set in motion the wheels that would bring Commander motherf*cking Shepard down on the heads of the Reapers.

Grae
  • Grae

¯

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:59 PM Edited by Supreme., 30 December 2010 - 04:03 PM.

I'm a science/sci-fi newb myself, so admittedly can't articulate as well as I'd like. More or less agreed with what you're saying tho. It's a lot to think about and it raises so many questions; profound ones at that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users