Mass Effect 3

2,526 replies to this topic
LewisMiller
  • LewisMiller

Luton Tannnnnn

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 15:54)
Yes. The trilogy set was recently released for PS3. But does it contain all the story DLC for Mass Effect 2? Because playing it without Kasumi, Zaeed and the missions like Lair of The Shadowbroker, The Overlord and The Arrival is again like missing out on key episodes of a TV show.

It's really not a game that anyone should play without playing the previous ones. It doesn't make any sense. I think it's the only game that's structured in such a way. It's because of all the relationships you form with the characters. It's the only game that made me care deeply about it's characters. There is no Shepard without Vakarian.

Seriously, Garrus is the coolest motherf*cker in the galaxy. And you just can't fully appreciate him and other characters without playing through ME1 and ME2 first.

I agree, got Mass Effect 3 for free on PS+ played 20 minutes of the story, next day I bought Mass Effect & Mass Effect 2 on the store. Would you guys say DLC is necessary? Does it add to the story? Money is not an issue.
  • Tali vas Normandy likes this

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (LewisMiller @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 00:23)
Yes. The trilogy set was recently released for PS3. But does it contain all the story DLC for Mass Effect 2? Because playing it without Kasumi, Zaeed and the missions like Lair of The Shadowbroker, The Overlord and The Arrival is again like missing out on key episodes of a TV show.

It's really not a game that anyone should play without playing the previous ones. It doesn't make any sense. I think it's the only game that's structured in such a way. It's because of all the relationships you form with the characters. It's the only game that made me care deeply about it's characters. There is no Shepard without Vakarian.

Seriously, Garrus is the coolest motherf*cker in the galaxy. And you just can't fully appreciate him and other characters without playing through ME1 and ME2 first.

I agree, got Mass Effect 3 for free on PS+ played 20 minutes of the story, next day I bought Mass Effect & Mass Effect 2 on the store. Would you guys say DLC is necessary? Does it add to the story? Money is not an issue.

Aha for ME1 DLC is quite unnecessary though. You can go try out Bring Down The Sky. It's really cheap but don't expect much from it. It's just one pretty side mission.

For ME2, get your wallets out. The following DLCs are a must: Zaaed, Kasumi, Overlord and Lair Of The Shadow Broker. Also get Arrival but it's a meh to me but it does give you an understanding on ME3. They all add to the story. You might wanna pick up the Firewalker Pack because the Phalanx, Mattock and Geth Plasma Shotgun are some badass weapons.

Once you get ME3, only DLCs worth playing is From Ashes and Citadel.

Anyway fan art
user posted image

Eris
  • Eris

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (LewisMiller @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 16:23)

Haven't bought any DLC for Mass Effect 3 because of the ending, so I can't help you there, but I played both the first and second ones, and I can tell you both Arrival and Lair of the Shadow Broker are musts.

pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:14 PM Edited by pyramid head, 16 January 2014 - 03:14 PM.

I'm having a minor issue with ME2 I'm not quite sure how this happened i went to start a new game on ME2 on insanity, and picked import my ME2 character from my most recent game which i finished a few days ago with a level 30 Sheppard thinking i would be starting at level 30, instead i started with a level 1 Sheppard.

Has this happened to anyone else i'm confused as to why this happened.

All i got when i imported my ME2 character was 200,000 extra credits and 50,000 of each of the minerals you get from planet scanning.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:32 PM Edited by DOOM!, 25 December 2014 - 12:33 PM.

I've been replaying the triliogy as of late and one thing I noticed in ME3 that isn't credited has me wondering... in the mission where you go to Grissom Academy to save the biotic students and Jack from Cerberus control, there is a 'Cerberus Announcer' over the intercom talking throughout the mission... this announcer sounds a helluva alot like Michael Caine (the man who plays Alfred in The Dark Knight triliogy), the man has a very memorable voice. I've tried reaearching the internet but no luck.... but I'm almost certain that it is him.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:42 PM

I just got the report from Traynor about the academy. When doing the mission, I will listen into it carefully. I do appreciate the fact that the DLC's give you more explanations on certain situations, but I hate the fact that it could have been in the game already. Missing out on the Mass Effect 2 DLC will give you a very different conclusion in Mass Effect 3 in some regards. The rogue VI, blowing up the Mass Relay, Zaeed and Kasumi, and so much other stuff.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:13 PM

I've been replaying the triliogy as of late and one thing I noticed in ME3 that isn't credited has me wondering... in the mission where you go to Grissom Academy to save the biotic students and Jack from Cerberus control, there is a 'Cerberus Announcer' over the intercom talking throughout the mission... this announcer sounds a helluva alot like Michael Caine (the man who plays Alfred in The Dark Knight triliogy), the man has a very memorable voice. I've tried reaearching the internet but no luck.... but I'm almost certain that it is him.

I just watched that mission on YouTube after reading this. That sounds like him but nah, I'm pretty sure it's not.

Oh Mass Effect, how I adore this trilogy so much. I want to replay everything but I'm looking at a 100+ hours commitment for that which I really don't have the time for anymore. I really miss the gang. Shepard, Garrus, Mordin, Wrex, Miranda, Legion, Grunt, Joker, Traynor... sigh I miss all of you.

Makes me sad to think that there won't be any new stories to tell with the characters I got so attached to over the years. Also this idea has been toying in my mind for ages now. I always wanted a GTA-ish game with the Archangel story when he was in Omega doing his work. I feel that we have not seen enough of Omega yet.

Also what's everyone thoughts here on the Citadel DLC?

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:46 PM

I didn't watch much of the Citadel DLC, but it seems alright. Seeing your entire crew together, spend some time with whoever you romanced before the final battle, it's really nice.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:03 PM

I've put countless hours and playthroughs with the first two Mass Effects. I've beat 3 once and that was a few weeks after its release, so its quite a refreshing and satisfying playthrough, especially with all the DLC. Just beat the Omega DLC, was fun roaming around Omega with the bad bitch Aria.

I have trouble with finding time to game, so re-playing through the triliogy took me about half of this year.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:15 PM

The games are pretty f*cking long, I'll give them that. The second game took me about 37 hours. Not many games manage to hold me down that long.

nath22
  • nath22

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:41 PM

I just got the report from Traynor about the academy. When doing the mission, I will listen into it carefully. I do appreciate the fact that the DLC's give you more explanations on certain situations, but I hate the fact that it could have been in the game already. Missing out on the Mass Effect 2 DLC will give you a very different conclusion in Mass Effect 3 in some regards. The rogue VI, blowing up the Mass Relay, Zaeed and Kasumi, and so much other stuff.

'Very different conclusion in Mass Effect 3' is a huge overstatement.

I played through ME3 twice, the second time with all the DLC and the VI features in a small 5 minute conversation, Kasumi is irrelevant. I don't remember what happened to Zaeed but I'll assume he's in the game for 10 minutes where you talk about the good old days and then he says he has sh*t to do. Like almost every other character from ME2

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:01 PM

Well, at least they give you war assets. A very diferent conclusion was a big overstatement, you're right, but it was nice to meet some familiar faces, like

Spoiler

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:38 PM Edited by DOOM!, 26 December 2014 - 12:39 PM.

Yeah, I liked running across David, that sh*t in overlord was a bit sad. All the characters I've ran into that were in previous Mass Effects are either on my ship (some as non-combatant crew memebers) or have become War Assets. I've heard killing Samara and taking Morinth is disappointing as far as her appearance in ME3... as she doesn't make one.

I'm about to start working on the Leviathan DLC, haven't heard much about it but since it revolves around a "dead reaper" it should be interesting none-the-less.

I really hope for the Mass Effect installment it is after the Reaper threat. As much as I love to dive into the ME universe, it just felt like in all 3 games that we has to rush to stop the reapers... while Saren is finding the conduit, I'm trying to scan all Keepers, while the Collectors plan in the Omega-4 relay, I'm driving the Hammerhead around obliterating space cows and while Earth gets flattened I'm reuniting Liara with her Father. Its all fun, but I feel rushed.
  • Th3MaN1 likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:36 PM

Can definitely agree with you 100%.

One thing Bioware did well, was make good DLC's. The problem is that they actually exist, when they could have easily been in the game at start. I remember day 1 DLC for Mass Effect 3, where you find the Prothean; that was a good middle finger to the players and fans.

• Niobium likes this

nath22
  • nath22

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:37 PM

Leviathan was frustrating. It's really good DLC but considering how relevant it is to the story it's odd that it wasn't just in the game in the first place.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:47 AM

The 'Day One' DLC has never bothered me. If I enjoy a game that much, I'll pre-order it and usually thats the reward for pre-ordering a game.

It must've sucked being a Mass Effect fan and not have Javik as a crew member in 3. I take him to every mission just for his dialogue. I was as geeked as Liara when I found out you could have a living Prothean as a crew member.
  • The Yokel, Th3MaN1 and Tali vas Normandy like this

Rown
  • Rown

He who fights monsters

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:00 AM

Did they release all the DLC on disc yet? That's been my sticking point. I want an actually complete Complete Edition. Enjoyed the main game until the ending. Probably said that already. What bugs me about pre-order exclusives and Day One stuff is that... if it's done by the time the game ships it should be part of the game. Holding it back just to charge you more is crap. 

Rown :rampage:

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:49 AM

From my knowledge, sadly no, only digital, which sucks.

The 'Day One' DLC has never bothered me. If I enjoy a game that much, I'll pre-order it and usually thats the reward for pre-ordering a game.

It must've sucked being a Mass Effect fan and not have Javik as a crew member in 3. I take him to every mission just for his dialogue. I was as geeked as Liara when I found out you could have a living Prothean as a crew member.

Neither did it bother me, I actually applaud Bioware for having DLC other than multiplayer maps, guns and skins.

By the way, just helped Aria retake Omega. It was really awesome, but

Spoiler

I was surprised I started caring about such a minor character in just a few hours of gameplay.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:06 PM

Nyreen was a bad ass Turian, and she seemed like the only major female Turian character you've interacted with throughout the mass effect series. Aria clearly had feelings for her still, and their past had a lot of history to it.

Also, me and my lady were actually discussing who is the hottest Asari in Mass Effect and it was a unanimous decision... Samara.
  • Th3MaN1 likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:45 AM

Also, me and my lady were actually discussing who is the hottest Asari in Mass Effect and it was a unanimous decision... Samara.

No-brainer. I'd go with Aria at number 2, and 3 would be Liara.

On another note, that Leviathan DLC shmuck is turning out to be a real clusterf*ck. 

Tali vas Normandy
  • Tali vas Normandy

Cheers Love! The Cavalry is here!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:32 PM Edited by tali vas Normandy, 28 December 2014 - 12:40 PM.

Pretty cool that the game is free on PSN.
if you really love it, I recommend the first two. (Especially 2). Not only are they great but carrying your save from one to other makes the game so much better. Mass effect 3 gives you a bunch of awful pre-made choices.

I remember day 1 DLC for Mass Effect 3, where you find the Prothean; that was a good middle finger to the players and fans.

that wasn't really the middle finger to the fans. It was more of lazy way around thier problem.

The middle finger was how they made so few limited editions for a franchise that that people are passionate about. They got so many complaints about the lack of copies so they just made it available to everyone day one.
  • Th3MaN1 and Gay Tony like this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:31 PM

Playing without importing your save is just simply not the way to play. You don't feel the impact of the decisions you made.

And f*ck me.

Spoiler

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:37 PM

Been working on the Citadel DLC, and it's actually refreshingly funny. Especially Jokers flashback to how he stopped Cerberus when they attacked the Citadel.

Spoiler
  • Th3MaN1 likes this

nath22
  • nath22

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:23 PM

Did they release all the DLC on disc yet? That's been my sticking point. I want an actually complete Complete Edition. Enjoyed the main game until the ending. Probably said that already. What bugs me about pre-order exclusives and Day One stuff is that... if it's done by the time the game ships it should be part of the game. Holding it back just to charge you more is crap. 

Rown :rampage:

Last month Bioware were talking about releasing the trilogy and all DLC on one disc, but they wanted fan feedback before they went ahead and did it.

I'd only be getting that if they change the combat in 1 though.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:48 AM

Are the weapons only available to spectres (The Widow sniper, The Paladin pistol, and there was a shotgun) worth the buy? I'd rather buy upgrades for weapons, and 200k credits is a little too much in my opinion.

Tali vas Normandy
  • Tali vas Normandy

Cheers Love! The Cavalry is here!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:50 AM

^ If your into pistols then hell yeah the Paladin is something to definitely look into. It that thing was a monster and incredibly light last time I remember.

Same goes for the sniper. If you are into them, you'll love it. It was amazing at taking down bosses and even stealing those atlas bots.

The wrath is ok, but even some other shotguns such as the geth plasma shotgun or claymore can do good if not better than that. I may be wrong but I don't remember it being popular at all.

Pro tip- there also a assult rifle in that class of weapons you can find(but can not be purchased). I sadly can't remember much about it but it's worth looking up. Can be found in one of the missions close to end game.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:29 PM Edited by The Yokel, 29 December 2014 - 12:30 PM.

Did you guys know that you can add MP DLC weapons like Collector sniper and smg to single player on the PC? Those two weapons have not been released for SP and that's just wrong because the sniper rifle is awesome! You can probably add MP powers too using the same method. It's kind of convoluted if you've never used a Hex editor, ME3Explorer and Coalesced editor, but I'll try to explain it as best I can.

Here's what you gotta do. First you need to download these tools:

ME3Explorer: http://sourceforge.n...ts/me3explorer/
Hex Editor: http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/
Coalesced Editor: http://wenchy.net/me...lesced-utility/

- Then using the DLC Editor in ME3Explorer you need to find the MP DLC with the content you want to add to Single Player. For Collector Sniper Rifle and SMG you need to have Retaliation DLC installed. If you do, then you'll have DLC_CON_MP4 in your ME3 installation folder/BioGame/DLC.
- In DLC Editor you need to navigate the tree and find the bolded file "BIOGame/DLC/DLC_CON_MP4/CookedPCConsole/Mount.dlc
- Extract it and make a backup just in case

Now it's time to use the Hex Editor.

- Using HxD open Mount.dlc
- Go do Offset (h) 08
- Below 08 offset find a value of 34 and change it to 09 (this will enable the use of MP DLC items in SP)
- Save the file
- Replace the original Mount.dlc with your edited one and save

Now the only thing left to do is add these weapons to one of the stores in the game (I'll use Spectre Store)

- Open Coalesced Utility and find your Coalesced.bin (<ME3 installation folder>/BioGame/CookedPCConsole)
- It's a good idea to make a backup of your original Coalesced.bin in case you screw up or in case you want to play MP because Bioware might ban you if they detect that your game files have been modified.
- Stores are located here in the Coalesced.bin: bioui > sfxgamecontent > sfxguidata > Spectre > storeitemarray
- Add these values at the very end:
(ItemType=TYPE_WEAPON,ItemclassName="SFXGameContentDLC_CON_MP4.SFXWeapon_SniperRifle_Collector",BaseCost=10000)
(ItemType=TYPE_WEAPON,ItemclassName="SFXGameContentDLC_CON_MP4.SFXWeapon_SMG_Collector",BaseCost=10000)

You can change the price of the weapons if you wish. Just add whatever number you want instead of BaseCost=10000

- Save

That's it.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:43 PM

Holy crap that's a lot of work. Will try it, but not unti lI beat the game. All things considered, I don't even use Sniper Rifles.

On another note, just completed the Citadel DLC, and Miranda missed the party. And since I knew there was some problem with that, I dug up the net, and found out I was supposed to throw in the party later.

f*ck. Now I gotta do it all over again. Meh.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:44 PM

Yeah, I rushed into the Citadel DLC and I'm afraid I missed out on some characters. I haven't even recruited Tali yet, and I'm almost sure Grunt or Wrex joins your crew at some point.

Please, guys, tell me I'm not the only one to sit there and beat James's chin up record of 182.
  • Fallcreek likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:50 PM

not the only one. but one of the only ones ;)

I watched a YT video of someone else wasting their time doing that.

just skipped to the end to make sure I wasn't missing anything special.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users