Mass Effect 3

2,541 replies to this topic
LewisMiller
  • LewisMiller

Luton Tannnnnn

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

This game is free on Playstation Plus, i'm loving it so far shame that I suck online.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

i wanted to buy the dlc but then i saw the price and it was 18 bucks.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Peeling potatoes like a pro

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

Got the Citadel DLC. Played it. Loved it.

The final scene should have been the actual ending to the trilogy. It would have been perfect. The feels, man. The feels.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Tuesday, Mar 12 2013, 20:37)

The final scene should have been the actual ending to the trilogy. It would have been perfect. The feels, man. The feels.

I suppose this is the part where I'll say I told ya so.

So yeah, I know right?

This past two weeks I've been playing through ME1 and ME2 with my new Engineer. This would be my most canon Shepard because it's the decisions that I made are the decisions that I want and not what is best. Just started on ME3, gonna finish up everything until the very last assault on Cerberus then I'll do the Citadel.

Also I think the DLCs have spoiled the MP portion for me. Not that they are bad or anything but because I have a whole lot on characters that are still locked and I'm lazy to earn all the credits just to unlock them. Nothing still beats Krack the Salarian Infiltrator though, he's my most badass MP character to use.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

The Bullshifters

• The Precinct
  • United-States
  • Best Member Named after a Stone Cold Steve Austin Catchphrase

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

I'm noticing the companions you can have in the Citadel DLC seem to vary.

Possible spoiler...

I wonder if it is dependent on where you are in the game? For example I see screen caps that have Miranda in it, but I didn't see her in mine. I wonder if its better to wait until you have helped everyone in ME3 before attempting the DLC?

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (What!? @ Tuesday, Mar 12 2013, 22:40)

I wonder if it is dependent on where you are in the game? For example I see screen caps that have Miranda in it, but I didn't see her in mine. I wonder if its better to wait until you have helped everyone in ME3 before attempting the DLC?

Yeap you do. It's best to do the DLC after the Sanctuary mission. That's when you've met and helped everyone.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Tuesday, Mar 12 2013, 14:11)
QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Tuesday, Mar 12 2013, 20:37)

I suppose this is the part where I'll say I told ya so.

I still absolutely despise the original ending. And the Extended Cut one that actually made it worse somehow. What a damn shame to ruin one of the richest video game universes in the last 10 minutes of the final game.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

I'm more disappointed with the direction Bioware has taken for the story. Sure there were tremendous parts like Tuchanka and the Quarian/Geth War but other than that, I wished they have taken things differently.

For example, the stuff they did with Cerberus, I hate how they were the big bad of the game. Illusive Man is one of the most interesting characters and they just make him the generic madman baddie.

And I hoped to see twists in the story. Like what if, one of your squadmates was indoctrinated? Damn that would be good.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

An alternate abridged ending with the LOST theme "Moving On"!
THIS IS THE BEST VIDEO I HAVE EVER SEEN!

Rewas
  • Rewas

To Derp or not to Derp....

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    3rd Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

Just downloaded this game when I activated my PlayStation Plus. This is my first playing a Mass Effect game. At first, I didn't like it, but later, somehow I started to enjoy it, but I still rarely play it.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (COOLMAN12234555896 @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 15:46)
Just downloaded this game when I activated my PlayStation Plus. This is my first playing a Mass Effect game. At first, I didn't like it, but later, somehow I started to enjoy it, but I still rarely play it.

Mass Effect is like a TV show in a way. You're missing out 2/3 of the experience by not playing the first two games.

Rewas
  • Rewas

To Derp or not to Derp....

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
    3rd Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 17:21)
QUOTE (COOLMAN12234555896 @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 15:46)

Mass Effect is like a TV show in a way. You're missing out 2/3 of the experience by not playing the first two games.

Everyone's keep saying that. Too bad I can't buy it. Didn't see anywhere that someone would be selling the other parts.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

So I have completed the Citadel DLC. Multiple times. Because it's that f*cking good. That's a crazy theory about the DLC here.

Would really love to get a discussion going on for the DLC. Like what was your favorite moment? Grunt absolutely stole the show for me.

Oh and COOLMANnumbers, playing number 3 without playing the previous two is just wrong and considered a sin. You are aware that decisions carry across games right? It's either play the whole trilogy or don't play at all. Should have gotten the Trilogy Set.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:54 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 22 March 2013 - 03:56 PM.

Yes. The trilogy set was recently released for PS3. But does it contain all the story DLC for Mass Effect 2? Because playing it without Kasumi, Zaeed and the missions like Lair of The Shadowbroker, The Overlord and The Arrival is again like missing out on key episodes of a TV show.

It's really not a game that anyone should play without playing the previous ones. It doesn't make any sense. I think it's the only game that's structured in such a way. It's because of all the relationships you form with the characters. It's the only game that made me care deeply about it's characters. There is no Shepard without Vakarian.

Seriously, Garrus is the coolest motherf*cker in the galaxy. And you just can't fully appreciate him and other characters without playing through ME1 and ME2 first.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

I don't think it was the DLCs were shipped along with the set. I could be wrong on this though.

And amen about Garrus.
Garrus Vakarian: Forgive the insubordination, but this old friend has an order for you. Go out there and give them hell. You were born to do this.

That whole scene just made me appreciated the greatest bromance in the history of gaming. Both dudes style of humor just watering down at the very last moments. After three games of fighting baddies, they finally took a breath to acknowledge each other's friendship.

See this is what the whole trilogy is about. It ain't about saving the galaxy or machines taking over, it's about the close bonds we develop over the course of six years.

It was an overwhelming feeling when Wrex told me I was a brother to him in ME3. And you can't get that kind of feeling if you didn't played the previous two. So many characters I grew up with and love.

Grunt, who I treated as my trouble making adopted child I love.

Miranda, whose fine ass tushie and backstory justified her as my main love interest.

Mordin, damn where do I even begin with this guy? Each conversation with him was just gold. We all know of one heartbreaking scene from him. If you didn't felt a single thing, you're a monster.

Wrex my crazy headbutting uncle I never had.

Liara because she's Liara.

And of course the best bro ever, Garrus.

And that's not even all the characters I love. Well there are a couple I hate, I'm looking at you Jacob and Ashley, but these characters are the only reason why I regard the trilogy to be the best out there.

The best.

LewisMiller
  • LewisMiller

Luton Tannnnnn

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 15:54)
Yes. The trilogy set was recently released for PS3. But does it contain all the story DLC for Mass Effect 2? Because playing it without Kasumi, Zaeed and the missions like Lair of The Shadowbroker, The Overlord and The Arrival is again like missing out on key episodes of a TV show.

It's really not a game that anyone should play without playing the previous ones. It doesn't make any sense. I think it's the only game that's structured in such a way. It's because of all the relationships you form with the characters. It's the only game that made me care deeply about it's characters. There is no Shepard without Vakarian.

Seriously, Garrus is the coolest motherf*cker in the galaxy. And you just can't fully appreciate him and other characters without playing through ME1 and ME2 first.

I agree, got Mass Effect 3 for free on PS+ played 20 minutes of the story, next day I bought Mass Effect & Mass Effect 2 on the store. Would you guys say DLC is necessary? Does it add to the story? Money is not an issue.
  • Tali vas Normandy likes this

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (LewisMiller @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 00:23)

I agree, got Mass Effect 3 for free on PS+ played 20 minutes of the story, next day I bought Mass Effect & Mass Effect 2 on the store. Would you guys say DLC is necessary? Does it add to the story? Money is not an issue.

Aha for ME1 DLC is quite unnecessary though. You can go try out Bring Down The Sky. It's really cheap but don't expect much from it. It's just one pretty side mission.

For ME2, get your wallets out. The following DLCs are a must: Zaaed, Kasumi, Overlord and Lair Of The Shadow Broker. Also get Arrival but it's a meh to me but it does give you an understanding on ME3. They all add to the story. You might wanna pick up the Firewalker Pack because the Phalanx, Mattock and Geth Plasma Shotgun are some badass weapons.

Once you get ME3, only DLCs worth playing is From Ashes and Citadel.

Anyway fan art
user posted image
  • Tali vas Normandy likes this

Eris
  • Eris

hey bae

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (LewisMiller @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 16:23)

Haven't bought any DLC for Mass Effect 3 because of the ending, so I can't help you there, but I played both the first and second ones, and I can tell you both Arrival and Lair of the Shadow Broker are musts.

pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:14 PM Edited by pyramid head, 16 January 2014 - 03:14 PM.

I'm having a minor issue with ME2 I'm not quite sure how this happened i went to start a new game on ME2 on insanity, and picked import my ME2 character from my most recent game which i finished a few days ago with a level 30 Sheppard thinking i would be starting at level 30, instead i started with a level 1 Sheppard.

Has this happened to anyone else i'm confused as to why this happened.

All i got when i imported my ME2 character was 200,000 extra credits and 50,000 of each of the minerals you get from planet scanning.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:32 PM Edited by DOOM!, 25 December 2014 - 12:33 PM.

I've been replaying the triliogy as of late and one thing I noticed in ME3 that isn't credited has me wondering... in the mission where you go to Grissom Academy to save the biotic students and Jack from Cerberus control, there is a 'Cerberus Announcer' over the intercom talking throughout the mission... this announcer sounds a helluva alot like Michael Caine (the man who plays Alfred in The Dark Knight triliogy), the man has a very memorable voice. I've tried reaearching the internet but no luck.... but I'm almost certain that it is him.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:42 PM

I just got the report from Traynor about the academy. When doing the mission, I will listen into it carefully. I do appreciate the fact that the DLC's give you more explanations on certain situations, but I hate the fact that it could have been in the game already. Missing out on the Mass Effect 2 DLC will give you a very different conclusion in Mass Effect 3 in some regards. The rogue VI, blowing up the Mass Relay, Zaeed and Kasumi, and so much other stuff.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:13 PM

I've been replaying the triliogy as of late and one thing I noticed in ME3 that isn't credited has me wondering... in the mission where you go to Grissom Academy to save the biotic students and Jack from Cerberus control, there is a 'Cerberus Announcer' over the intercom talking throughout the mission... this announcer sounds a helluva alot like Michael Caine (the man who plays Alfred in The Dark Knight triliogy), the man has a very memorable voice. I've tried reaearching the internet but no luck.... but I'm almost certain that it is him.

I just watched that mission on YouTube after reading this. That sounds like him but nah, I'm pretty sure it's not.

Oh Mass Effect, how I adore this trilogy so much. I want to replay everything but I'm looking at a 100+ hours commitment for that which I really don't have the time for anymore. I really miss the gang. Shepard, Garrus, Mordin, Wrex, Miranda, Legion, Grunt, Joker, Traynor... sigh I miss all of you.

Makes me sad to think that there won't be any new stories to tell with the characters I got so attached to over the years. Also this idea has been toying in my mind for ages now. I always wanted a GTA-ish game with the Archangel story when he was in Omega doing his work. I feel that we have not seen enough of Omega yet.

Also what's everyone thoughts here on the Citadel DLC?

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:46 PM

I didn't watch much of the Citadel DLC, but it seems alright. Seeing your entire crew together, spend some time with whoever you romanced before the final battle, it's really nice.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:03 PM

I've put countless hours and playthroughs with the first two Mass Effects. I've beat 3 once and that was a few weeks after its release, so its quite a refreshing and satisfying playthrough, especially with all the DLC. Just beat the Omega DLC, was fun roaming around Omega with the bad bitch Aria.

I have trouble with finding time to game, so re-playing through the triliogy took me about half of this year.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:15 PM

The games are pretty f*cking long, I'll give them that. The second game took me about 37 hours. Not many games manage to hold me down that long.

nath22
  • nath22

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:41 PM

I just got the report from Traynor about the academy. When doing the mission, I will listen into it carefully. I do appreciate the fact that the DLC's give you more explanations on certain situations, but I hate the fact that it could have been in the game already. Missing out on the Mass Effect 2 DLC will give you a very different conclusion in Mass Effect 3 in some regards. The rogue VI, blowing up the Mass Relay, Zaeed and Kasumi, and so much other stuff.

'Very different conclusion in Mass Effect 3' is a huge overstatement.

I played through ME3 twice, the second time with all the DLC and the VI features in a small 5 minute conversation, Kasumi is irrelevant. I don't remember what happened to Zaeed but I'll assume he's in the game for 10 minutes where you talk about the good old days and then he says he has sh*t to do. Like almost every other character from ME2

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:01 PM

Well, at least they give you war assets. A very diferent conclusion was a big overstatement, you're right, but it was nice to meet some familiar faces, like

Spoiler

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:38 PM Edited by DOOM!, 26 December 2014 - 12:39 PM.

Yeah, I liked running across David, that sh*t in overlord was a bit sad. All the characters I've ran into that were in previous Mass Effects are either on my ship (some as non-combatant crew memebers) or have become War Assets. I've heard killing Samara and taking Morinth is disappointing as far as her appearance in ME3... as she doesn't make one.

I'm about to start working on the Leviathan DLC, haven't heard much about it but since it revolves around a "dead reaper" it should be interesting none-the-less.

I really hope for the Mass Effect installment it is after the Reaper threat. As much as I love to dive into the ME universe, it just felt like in all 3 games that we has to rush to stop the reapers... while Saren is finding the conduit, I'm trying to scan all Keepers, while the Collectors plan in the Omega-4 relay, I'm driving the Hammerhead around obliterating space cows and while Earth gets flattened I'm reuniting Liara with her Father. Its all fun, but I feel rushed.
  • Th3MaN1 likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:36 PM

Can definitely agree with you 100%.

One thing Bioware did well, was make good DLC's. The problem is that they actually exist, when they could have easily been in the game at start. I remember day 1 DLC for Mass Effect 3, where you find the Prothean; that was a good middle finger to the players and fans.

• Niobium likes this

nath22
  • nath22

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:37 PM

Leviathan was frustrating. It's really good DLC but considering how relevant it is to the story it's odd that it wasn't just in the game in the first place.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users