Photo

Mass Effect 3

2,541 replies to this topic
Leftcoast
  • Leftcoast

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Friday, Oct 5 2012, 20:36)
The ending still didn't make any logical sense. And yes, it was an ass-pull. Casey Hudson and Mark Waters changed it at the last minute without any input from the rest of the writers. And it shows. Just look at how good is the rest of the game. But the ending is terrible and it just came out of nowhere. And if you fail to see all the plot holes and in it even after playing all 3 games then something is wrong with the way your brain works.

But there is really no point in arguing about any of this until Bioware is done with the SP DLCs.

I didn't mind the ending personally, as far as it not making sense I understand where you are coming from. I wound up thinking that the reapers were just a rampant AI that went all terminator millions of years prior and for some sick reason decided to cleanse the galaxy every so often.

I don't think that's what the writers had in mind, but it would help explain what doesn't make sense. Either way, if you take it with a grain of salt there is still plenty of room for games set after the destruction of the reapers.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE (DOOM! @ Saturday, Oct 6 2012, 20:11)
And if you fail to see all the plot holes and in it even after playing all 3 games then something is wrong with the way your brain works.

None of this sh*t makes "logical" sense, in the game, the main goal is to destroy sentient machines before they destroy nearly everything in their chosen path.

I just don't think people get it. This whole situation reminds me of the 'LOST' series finale.

also, no one denied any plot holes in the game. I know I didn't.

The game was still following its own internal logic and the game betrayed everything in this game. Just because its science fiction, doesn't mean the writers can make up any old crap they want

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

The war for Omega begins—How far will you go to end it?

Mass Effect 3: Omega (Single-player DLC) – Coming November 27th to PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 (November 28th to PS3 in Europe).

$14.99, 1200 MS/BW Points

http://blog.bioware....r-omega-begins/

15 box for a Omega DLC? mercie_blink.gif

Please Rockstar,show these idiots how to make proper DLC.

Leftcoast
  • Leftcoast

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 06:08)
QUOTE (DOOM! @ Saturday, Oct 6 2012, 20:11)
And if you fail to see all the plot holes and in it even after playing all 3 games then something is wrong with the way your brain works.

None of this sh*t makes "logical" sense, in the game, the main goal is to destroy sentient machines before they destroy nearly everything in their chosen path.

I just don't think people get it. This whole situation reminds me of the 'LOST' series finale.

also, no one denied any plot holes in the game. I know I didn't.

The game was still following its own internal logic and the game betrayed everything in this game. Just because its science fiction, doesn't mean the writers can make up any old crap they want

I certainly believe the writers should have and could have done a better job with the ending; however, I feel that people are reading too much into the ending. I also feel that the writers have plenty of outs for future games set after ME3. My above post shows my thought on one way to make more sense of it.

Did they back themselves into a corner... sort of. It's certainly fixable to continue with the IP and the extended cut endings were a start. At least they show that the destruction was not necessarily as catastrophic as some people thought.

Of course, who knows what EA will do with it. The series was fun, but I don't trust EA. Maybe Reapers will show up in the new Simcity once you hit year 2189 or what ever year it was.

Hammertime12
  • Hammertime12

Let's Bounce!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

I just cant wait for Mass Effect 4. Maybe they changed it last second so we continue our decisions.

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (Hammertime12 @ Thursday, Oct 18 2012, 07:02)
I just cant wait for Mass Effect 4. Maybe they changed it last second so we continue our decisions.

mass effect 4? What?

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE (King Of Monra @ Thursday, Oct 18 2012, 18:54)

mass effect 4? What?

Casey Hudson has confirmed they are working on a new full Mass Effect game. And no, it won't be a four or a continuity of Sheperd's storyline. Because that would be just plain stupid.

Leftcoast
  • Leftcoast

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Friday, Oct 19 2012, 04:55)

mass effect 4? What?

Casey Hudson has confirmed they are working on a new full Mass Effect game. And no, it won't be a four or a continuity of Sheperd's storyline. Because that would be just plain stupid.

I'm rooting for a more open structure.

I think it would fun to be able to pick your race and be able to choose your own destiny. To elaborate; I would like to see a mix of ME(1-3) with a dose of Fallout/Elderscrolls elements. Players could choose their own course, good or bad, and become smugglers, pirates, military, miners, explorers or any number of exciting combinations or other various occupations/activities.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (Leftcoast @ Friday, Oct 19 2012, 13:58)

mass effect 4? What?

I think it would fun to be able to pick your race and be able to choose your own destiny. To elaborate; I would like to see a mix of ME(1-3) with a dose of Fallout/Elderscrolls elements. Players could choose their own course, good or bad, and become smugglers, pirates, military, miners, explorers or any number of exciting combinations or other various occupations/activities.

This...would be an instant buy for me, and it's what I've been wanting. Maybe take a small page from Dragon Age Origons, and make a small back story depending on your race, and what not.

I'd love it. Turian Vigillante would be my first run, dunno about class.

Also glad ME1 is supposed to be coming to the PS3 in that 3 pack or on the PSN.

Dillinger8
  • Dillinger8

Kush

• Members

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (acmilano @ Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 18:08)
The war for Omega begins—How far will you go to end it?

Mass Effect 3: Omega (Single-player DLC) – Coming November 27th to PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 (November 28th to PS3 in Europe).

$14.99, 1200 MS/BW Points

http://blog.bioware....r-omega-begins/

15 box for a Omega DLC? mercie_blink.gif

Please Rockstar,show these idiots how to make proper DLC.

I'll buy it.

Carrie Anne Moss gotta eat!

Leftcoast
  • Leftcoast

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Saturday, Oct 20 2012, 00:43)
QUOTE (Leftcoast @ Friday, Oct 19 2012, 13:58)

mass effect 4? What?

This...would be an instant buy for me, and it's what I've been wanting. Maybe take a small page from Dragon Age Origons, and make a small back story depending on your race, and what not.

I'd love it. Turian Vigillante would be my first run, dunno about class.

Also glad ME1 is supposed to be coming to the PS3 in that 3 pack or on the PSN.

Oh man, that's cool! I have been really disappointed in how the PS3 has been supported yet I really don't want to get an Xbox and have yet another console lying around so I'm thinking of building a gaming PC and saying no to both.

I do think if they did something similar to my above post there would be a ton more replay-ability as well. I would have to do half a dozen play thru's at least.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

Mass Effect: Paragon Lost - Movie - Official 9 Minute Sneak Peek

Actually liked "Honorable execution" part.

BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption 2!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Mass Effect Trilogy.

D J
  • D J

Homegirl Devon Jewels

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

Dont like seeing default john shepard in that trailer. But thats just me

I've been converting since ME1 and just wanna say im a litle disappointed in this one with how Shepard says SO MUCH by him/herself. The dialog wheel is scarce compared to before. And then there's the endings, oh gawd.

Not excited for ME4 as much as i'd thought

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (D J @ Saturday, Nov 3 2012, 15:50)

Oh hell, for the last time, there won't be a Mass Effect 4. There will be a next Mass Effect game, but there won't be a number 4 at the end and it's not a continuation of Sheperd's story. If Bioware did that, then well f*ck them.

Mass Effect 3 is a great game but nothing compared to the brilliance of Mass Effect 2. I played through Mass Effect 2 more than 12 times with 12 different Sheperds but with Mass Effect 3, only completed 4 Sheperds.

What I missed most that was present in ME2 but not in ME3 is the immersion your crew gives you. You actually feel like they're real and you're living in this huge galaxy with them.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Sunday, Nov 4 2012, 06:53)

Oh hell, for the last time, there won't be a Mass Effect 4. There will be a next Mass Effect game, but there won't be a number 4 at the end and it's not a continuation of Sheperd's story. If Bioware did that, then well f*ck them.

They could do bunch of spin offs based on popular characters from series.For example:
-A GTA like game with Garrus on Omega,
-Covert op game with Ashley/Kaidan investigating Reapers and Collectors(you pick which one of them you play on start),
-Game with Wrex becoming leader of Krogans,
-Remake of the Iphone game with Jacob and Miranda,
-A life of Jack before she ended up in Jail,
-Hitman/AC like game with Thane or Samara,
-A game following Liara on Ilium and as a Shadow Broker,
-FPS with Major Coates in Earth fighting.

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

• Members

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

Mass Effect 3 is a great game but nothing compared to the brilliance of Mass Effect 2. I played through Mass Effect 2 more than 12 times with 12 different Sheperds but with Mass Effect 3, only completed 4 Sheperds.

What I missed most that was present in ME2 but not in ME3 is the immersion your crew gives you. You actually feel like they're real and you're living in this huge galaxy with them.

We know, but we can just call it 4, for now. Deal with it.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (King Of Monra @ Sunday, Nov 4 2012, 18:39)

Why should we, it doesn't make sense. It's like calling GTA Vice City, GTA IV...

Leftcoast
  • Leftcoast

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

Doom is spot on, you really can't call it ME4 since it's going to be a whole new gen. I liked the series and there is a lot they can do with the IP but there is no way they can do an ME4.

That being said, yes I know, there are plenty of viable avenues they can take to make another game in the ME universe.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE (acmilano @ Monday, Nov 5 2012, 01:43)

They could do bunch of spin offs based on popular characters from series.For example:
-A GTA like game with Garrus and his squad during his Archangel days on Omega,
-Hitman/AC like game with Thane

These are the two that I'm most wishing for. Why must the next Mass Effect game be about us saving the galaxy again? Let us interact with the galaxy instead. And why must it follow the TPS/RPG formula the first three games brought us? Change of gameplay is for the better.

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

• Members

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (DOOM! @ Sunday, Nov 4 2012, 22:06)

Why should we, it doesn't make sense. It's like calling GTA Vice City, GTA IV...

No, It's like calling the game after gta IV for gta V

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE (DOOM! @ Monday, Nov 5 2012, 11:06)

Before people knew what VC was going to be called, people referred to it as IV so its not uncommon.

D J
  • D J

Homegirl Devon Jewels

• Members

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:48 PM Edited by D J, 05 November 2012 - 07:55 PM.

Lol

Never heard that ME4 has to have Shepard in it or else it won't be called ME4, but something else. I really don't think the title will matter anyways and ppl getting mad at me calling it me4... wtf. I mean we all know the me trilogy is over but an ME4 wouldnt be a part of it obviously and doesnt need Shepard to continue the series. God some people...

Anyways as long as the "next mass effect game" (happy now?) is still oriented on choices, and all that then I'm happy. Hopefully not a big change like resident evil 4/5/6 was to it's series.

suemary133
  • suemary133

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

Mass effect 2 was much better in my opinion. More dialog choices (& personal shepard), more focus on story than action, and just a better atmosphere. Although the citadel in this one was awesome

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE (mrpain)

Why is ME2 better than ME3?

shinsta312
  • shinsta312

Sypher|INFINITE

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

Mass Effect 3: Omega (Developer Commentary)

A female turian? Works for me. icon14.gif

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (baptiste @ Tuesday, Nov 6 2012, 13:27)
QUOTE (mrpain)

Why is ME2 better than ME3?

Meh, must I explain it? Fine. Well for starters ME2 had the sense of style and immersion. It made me believe that it's a really big big galaxy out there with the various space hubs. ME3 didn't had the style and immersion at all. It was an all-out warfare game. It was simply dust and chaos everywhere.

Also, ME2 had more engaging squadmates, with their loyalty missions and the conversations you have with them on Normandy. In ME3, you can only initiate a proper conversations only at key points in the game. Also, the choice of squadmates really baffles me. I mean, I love EDI but really? Put her in a robotic body? Cmon, I would have replaced her with a Krogan.

I'm sure there's other points but I still love ME3 though. Just not as much as ME2.

Omega actually looks sweet.

shinsta312
  • shinsta312

Sypher|INFINITE

• Members

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Mass Effect 3: Omega Launch Trailer

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

For a mercenary/pirate Aria seems quite the revolutionary with her speech. Looks like it could be another decent DLC, according to two different sources it could last between 2 or 5 hours.

Picked up the Leviathan DLC the other day as it was 50% off and it was pretty cool, especially the last bit as it was under water and gave me a Bioshock-y feel and also seeing the 3 massive Leviathan's.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

i cannot find omega dlc on my local origin store. oh well looks like im not buying it then

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users