Photo

Mass Effect 3

2,496 replies to this topic
Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (stingray132 @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 17:34)
Bump. Okay so Leviathan is finally out. I won't discuss any plot-related details (really though, what's the point? We all know how the game ends tounge.gif ), so instead I'll just ask a question related to Dominate (the new bonus power). I seem to have noticed that it only works on Brutes two or three times and not more, but it could also be a hunch (I only used it on one brute so far). I couldn't find an answer to this on Google. Can someone confirm this please? Also, I might get some telling off for reviving a topic for what I think is not a very good reason.

The more you use it on a single enemy, the more that enemy becomes resistant to it, so i assume that using it on the same brute around 3 times and you go to use it a 4th time, it won't effect them.

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

Necro-bump. New Multiplayer DLC... Retaliation. Witness the resurrection of THE COLLECTORS http://blog.bioware....ultiplayer-dlc/

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

Why don't people like the ending? It was really good.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (Coral_City @ Thursday, Oct 4 2012, 19:17)
Necro-bump. New Multiplayer DLC... Retaliation. Witness the resurrection of THE COLLECTORS http://blog.bioware....ultiplayer-dlc/

You know the best part of this? Information about Retaliation DLC was leaked along with the rest of the DLC that Bioware is supposedly planning, which should fix the atrocious ending...hopefully.

The leak came from the same source that leaked info about other MP DLCs, Leviathan and Omega DLC.

Here's the full list of leaked DLC info: http://pastebin.com/yjPACqi5

Something tells me that Bioware are the ones leaking this info on purpose in order to hype the disappointed players that have all but given up on ME3.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Thursday, Oct 4 2012, 17:51)

Did you play the updated ending? Even if not, there was still people that liked the initial ending.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Thursday, Oct 4 2012, 19:06)
QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Thursday, Oct 4 2012, 17:51)

Did you play the updated ending? Even if not, there was still people that liked the initial ending.

I don't actually have the game.I've seen the whole game played through with all 3 endings though.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Wow, people still play this?

I got to like the 3rd mission when I rented it from Gamefly... I didn't like this game at all. I really love Third Person Shooters so I have no clue why I hated this.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Thursday, Oct 4 2012, 20:41)
Wow, people still play this?

I got to like the 3rd mission when I rented it from Gamefly... I didn't like this game at all. I really love Third Person Shooters so I have no clue why I hated this.

Maybe because it's an RPG/TPS and because you haven't played the previous two games?

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Did you even play the first two?

EDIT: beaten to the punch

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (Fnorg @ Thursday, Oct 4 2012, 18:47)

Yea, I didn't like them either. That was a while back, I rented them when they practically came out. I may rent them again to just play them again.

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Thursday, Oct 4 2012, 14:50)
QUOTE (Fnorg @ Thursday, Oct 4 2012, 18:47)

Yea, I didn't like them either. That was a while back, I rented them when they practically came out. I may rent them again to just play them again.

Aw man, that's unfortunate! It's the closest thing to an RPG (if you can even call it that) that I can stand. I hate the decisions of levelling up and trying to balance a character. ME streamlined a lot of things. The conversation system was peaked my interest anyway!

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

Mass Effect 3 will always have the worst ending of all time. (no spoilers)

You can probably find games with worse endings in individual aspects, such as FFVII or Ripper, maybe Bioshock if you're really harsh on it, but the difference is that those games were the ending to ONE game. ME3 was the ending to a WHOLE FRANCHISE. And yes, EA were probably going to jump on its corpse and make more games, squeezing as much as they could out of it, but the main series would always end with Mass Effect 3. And in that regard, in terms of wrapping up a story that lasted three games and drew hundreds of thousands of fans into the series, invested them in the characters, in the world, in the story, to give us such an abrupt, short, piece of sh*t ending. The extended cut isn't much better; it still comes out of nowhere and is way too brief.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Thursday, Oct 4 2012, 22:21)

You can probably find games with worse endings in individual aspects, such as FFVII or Ripper, maybe Bioshock if you're really harsh on it, but the difference is that those games were the ending to ONE game. ME3 was the ending to a WHOLE FRANCHISE. And yes, EA were probably going to jump on its corpse and make more games, squeezing as much as they could out of it, but the main series would always end with Mass Effect 3. And in that regard, in terms of wrapping up a story that lasted three games and drew hundreds of thousands of fans into the series, invested them in the characters, in the world, in the story, to give us such an abrupt, short, piece of sh*t ending. The extended cut isn't much better; it still comes out of nowhere and is way too brief.

Seriously, call the whaambulance or something. What were you guys expecting out of a ending? The ending ended for open-minded individuals, to let you sit around and spectate as to what happens next, but that was to hard for people to grasp as they wanted every single answer down to detail. This is not a ending to a franchise, as EA would be completely retarded not to develop more games for this massive and rich virtual world that Bioware has created.

I wasn't disappointed with the ending, and this is coming from a person who has been playing Mass Effect a few months after its release. I'm just astounded that so many cry babies actually made this team re-work a ending... just like weak parents to a spoiled child in a toy store, just ridiculous.

"worst ending of all time."

lol

shinsta312
  • shinsta312

Sypher|INFINITE

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:36 AM

Mass Effect 3: Retaliation Trailer

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (DOOM! @ Friday, Oct 5 2012, 15:15)
QUOTE (AceRay @ Thursday, Oct 4 2012, 22:21)

Seriously, call the whaambulance or something. What were you guys expecting out of a ending?

(giant spoilers below)

I don't know, something that fit with the narrative structure of the game, something that rewarded the player's choices instead of all being the f*cking same, something that provided closure while still leaving some questions and mistory, something which rounded off the characters, something that wasn't a massive deus ex machina that the writer's just pulled out of their ass, something that made sense. All of the above.

The ending ended for open-minded individuals, to let you sit around and spectate as to what happens next,

Nope. No it did not. Since the mass effect relays are destroyed in all of the endings and since it is shown in the Mass Effect 2 DLC Arrival that the destruction of a relay causes a super nova, destroying the system, and all its planets. Therefore, If you are smart you will now notice that regardless of you actions you destroy every system in the galaxy, every star, every planet, every life And the fact that the fleet was in the Sol system which was destroyed by the relay super nova, it meant the horrible death of every soldier and fighter in the known galaxy. Even if they did survive, every race in the galaxy is hovering around Earth, and there is no way for them to travel anywhere else so everyone will starve to death due to lack of resources and space. Wars would break out and the Krogans would probably dominate due to being the strongest and eat everyone.

http://www.youtube.c...T1k8QOY#t=1m00s

but that was to hard for people to grasp as they wanted every single answer down to detail.

No, even an idiot could figure how it made no sense and how the crucible came out of nowhere. Seriously, the main reason why the Reapers destroy everything is to stop organics from being destroyed by synthetics, despite the fact I managed to enlist EDI and the whole f*cking Geth army on my side, who both joined because they wanted to help on their terms. I got the Quarians and the Geth to solve their differences! That destroys the Reaper's argument that synthetics will destroy all organics when the synthetics are helping us! Not to mention that the whole motivation is basically "I heard you didn't want to be killed by synthetics so I created some synthetics to kill you every 50000 years." That makes no sense. And don't get me started on the arbitrary blue, red and green choices, dear god, I hate that so much. The whole ending sequence just comes out of nowhere!
We didn't want "every single answer," we just wanted a conclusion to a series who all cared about. There were so many deep, rich characters in the series and it deserved a better send off. They fixed a few of the issues with the extended edition with some of the timing of how your crew got back on the Normandy and tried to make your choices feel different but the same problem of it coming strait out of left field still exists.

This is not a ending to a franchise, as EA would be completely retarded not to develop more games for this massive and rich virtual world that Bioware has created.

Yes, the massive and rich world that Bioware blew to smithereens at the end of this game so anything else in the series will either be a prequel where your choices won't be important because its still got to fit into the main canon of the first three games and it won't matter anyway because of the universe being blown up or so far in the future just so technology can catch up to where it was that the series no longer resembles itself and may as well not be called Mass Effect!

I wasn't disappointed with the ending, and this is coming from a person who has been playing Mass Effect a few months after its release. I'm just astounded that so many cry babies actually made this team re-work a ending...

Good for you. I presume you haven't played the first two have you? Its people like you who defend EA when they keep exploiting the layman who sicken me.

just like weak parents to a spoiled child in a toy store, just ridiculous.

Yeah, how dare a company try win back tons of fans who were generally displeased with their product. EA should have stood their ground and lost a whole ton of sales from fans who wouldn't spend their well earned money on their products. EA shouldn't care about customers at all.

"worst ending of all time."

lol

"I liked the ending"

lol

Wait, no, not lol. Its no laughing matter. Simply put, ME3 has the worst f*cking ending of all time. F*ck Bioware, f*ck Casey Hudson, f*ck the crucible and f*ck EA.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

Oh boy, this might be hard for you to understand but whether you like it or not the ending is definitely not what it seems. I respect your opinion, and you can interpret the ending any way you'd like good sir. But honestly, what choices were you expecting to have at the end? Choices that could carry over from game to game appeared, and I wasn't expecting my choices to initially affect the last cut-scene of the game as ME2 didn't do that.

The closure for me was what you decided, this trilogy has been about stopping the Reapers and at the end you could very well do so or not so. The whole indoctrination theory is a bit of a mystery which made the extended cut of the ending more so, even to the point where I question if these guys took the easy route or kinda... pulled it out of their asses. But, it doesn't make me slam my fist on the table screaming 'more' 'more' like that baby dinosaur off of 'Dinosaurs'.

Also, no game, if any created after this, needs to be fitted into the main canon of the first 3 games. None at all. As they could play with the plots of The First Contact Wars, Rachni Wars, Geth Wars, hell maybe even back when the Protheans were battling off the Reapers perhaps. They could go anywhere with this, past or future of the ending events of ME3.

I won't defend the plotholes they dug themselves in, and corrected them with the extended ending (no Citadel or Mass Relays exploding as you explained) but the way people acted was insane. I don't believe those guys did that ending because they were rushed or felt lazy, it was meant for open interpretation and people couldn't handle it.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:39 PM Edited by Staten, 05 October 2012 - 01:42 PM.

Personally, I liked the ending. Also, AceRay, if you didn't like the ending and you hate it to the extent that you'd insult individuals involved with it by name, I think it's time you let it go. It's been six months. Maybe you should leave the game to people who like it and find something else? Life's too short.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

I loved the ending. mad.gif
http://www.everybody...-announced/1139

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

Actually, with the Extended Cut DLC, you find out that the damage to the Relays are miniscule at best.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

The ending still didn't make any logical sense. And yes, it was an ass-pull. Casey Hudson and Mark Waters changed it at the last minute without any input from the rest of the writers. And it shows. Just look at how good is the rest of the game. But the ending is terrible and it just came out of nowhere. And if you fail to see all the plot holes and in it even after playing all 3 games then something is wrong with the way your brain works.

But there is really no point in arguing about any of this until Bioware is done with the SP DLCs.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Friday, Oct 5 2012, 20:36)
And if you fail to see all the plot holes and in it even after playing all 3 games then something is wrong with the way your brain works.

None of this sh*t makes "logical" sense, in the game, the main goal is to destroy sentient machines before they destroy nearly everything in their chosen path.

I just don't think people get it. This whole situation reminds me of the 'LOST' series finale.

also, no one denied any plot holes in the game. I know I didn't.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Friday, Oct 5 2012, 11:46)
Wait, no, not lol. Its no laughing matter. Simply put, ME3 has the worst f*cking ending of all time. F*ck Bioware, f*ck Casey Hudson, f*ck the crucible and f*ck EA.

Um, what?

It's no laughing matter? So what, we all have to put our serious faces on and completely piss on the ending because it's the importance of our lives? Yes, we get it, the ending suck balls. But people are completely overreacting to this mess Bioware has put themselves into. Grow up and move along sheesh. Actually, go play RAGE and see which ending is worse. I dare you to see ME3 ending is worse than RAGE's.

QUOTE (shinsta312 @ Friday, Oct 5 2012, 11:36)
Mass Effect 3: Retaliation Trailer

Wait, people are still playing the multiplayer for this game? It was fun and all but it the appeal wasn't really lasting wasn't it? Well, glad they finally have a new enemy fraction. More glad I can finally have my Turian Infiltrator.

Now where the hell is my Omega DLC? Leviathan was crap so they better not screw up the next single player DLC.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

Ah, I was thinking about getting Leviathan, is it that bad? Also, from what "leak" I've read about Omega, I don't think we will get the freedom to just roam around Omega, which I hope isn't the case. I'd also like to know what happens with those Salarians you decide to help on Omega, in Mass Effect 2, in which I think you get pretty discreet evidence on Aria and it could "change" things on Omega if you decide to give them the info. It might not be exactly that, but does anybody else know what I am talking about?

Dillinger8
  • Dillinger8

Kush

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (DOOM! @ Sunday, Oct 7 2012, 17:26)
Ah, I was thinking about getting Leviathan, is it that bad? Also, from what "leak" I've read about Omega, I don't think we will get the freedom to just roam around Omega, which I hope isn't the case. I'd also like to know what happens with those Salarians you decide to help on Omega, in Mass Effect 2, in which I think you get pretty discreet evidence on Aria and it could "change" things on Omega if you decide to give them the info. It might not be exactly that, but does anybody else know what I am talking about?

They knew Miranda if you had her in your squad when taking the mission or talking to them any time after, so you could be onto something. Oops. I helped them out.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (Dillinger8 @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 15:21)
QUOTE (DOOM! @ Sunday, Oct 7 2012, 17:26)

They knew Miranda if you had her in your squad when taking the mission or talking to them any time after, so you could be onto something. Oops. I helped them out.

Pretty sure those Salarians would show up somehow in the Omega DLC. If I'm not wrong, one of those datas they sent you to retrieve back in ME2 contained information on Anto, that Batarian bodyguard in Afterlife. Well you can count that out on any consequence of that appearing in the DLC, because Anto got killed off in the comics.

Anyone remember back in ME1 where Wrex would talk about the longest fight he ever had was with an Asari Commando? What if...what if that Asari Commando was Aria! I would sh*t my pants if they pull that off in the Omega DLC.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 13:08)

I would sh*t my pants if they pull that off in the Omega DLC.

Well you better get some clean pants, because it looks like she's the playable lead character...

http://www.el33tonli..._mass_effect_3/

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:43 AM Edited by mrpain, 13 October 2012 - 07:49 AM.

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Saturday, Oct 13 2012, 10:26)
QUOTE (mrpain @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 13:08)

I would sh*t my pants if they pull that off in the Omega DLC.

Well you better get some clean pants, because it looks like she's the playable lead character...

http://www.el33tonli..._mass_effect_3/

Sweet, this would be the first time we're getting out of Shep's shoes for some single-player gameplay. Makes sense though, Sheps busy saving the galaxy from Reapers so he wouldn't have time to take back Omega.

EDIT: Oh wait, turns out Shep is joining in the fight too. Source.

Also, did anyone not try the new Retaliation DLC? I didn't because I don't have Gold Membership at the moment, but damn all those new characters!

A MOTHERFREAKIN PLAYABLE BIOTIC GOD!

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

[quote]Anyone remember back in ME1 where Wrex would talk about the longest fight he ever had was with an Asari Commando? What if...what if that Asari Commando was Aria! I would sh*t my pants if they pull that off in the Omega DLC. [/qyote]

I might be mistaken, but wasn't he talking about a matriarc? samara?

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE (King Of Monra @ Saturday, Oct 13 2012, 16:49)
Anyone remember back in ME1 where Wrex would talk about the longest fight he ever had was with an Asari Commando? What if...what if that Asari Commando was Aria! I would sh*t my pants if they pull that off in the Omega DLC.

Nah, he was talking about a mercenary who's an asari commando. Pretty sure back at Afterlife Aria would talk about her mercenary days before she became the ruler of Omega.

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Monday, Oct 15 2012, 10:32)
QUOTE (King Of Monra @ Saturday, Oct 13 2012, 16:49)

Nah, he was talking about a mercenary who's an asari commando. Pretty sure back at Afterlife Aria would talk about her mercenary days before she became the ruler of Omega.

ah ok, fair enough.
--

on another note, I had completed mass effect 1 on insane twice and just started on me2 on insane, almost completed the first playtrough, before lightning struck and I lost everything on my hard disc, so I have to start all over.

But I'm not sure if I'll bother really. we'll see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users