Photo

Mass Effect 3

2,478 replies to this topic
Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

This kinda belongs in the ME2 topic, but most of the ME2 players post here too so..

I'm on the 360 and just used the popular save editor. I've created a new character and edited some stuff. How to get it on the xbox now? I do have an usb and I know how to use it on the 360. But if I simply place it there, will the game know that it belongs to my profile?

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 11:37)

Damn, that renegade video was painful to watch,especialy what he did to Mordin,Wrex and Samaras daughterI dont think i could do that even on my most renegade walktrough.Rest of that like Quarian and Reporter are acceptable,i guess,but rest of it make shepard looks like Manhunt protagonist.

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Uncle Dysfunktional

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

Not had any time at all weekend but on a full nighter tonight so just mazes my Human Soldier and got a Drell Vanguard from a pack so going to get to grips with him.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (Voodoo @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 16:05)
So, does anyone who played the Resurgence MP over the weekend know when we're going to get our Reserves Pack? I want my new character, dammit.

I think the event was still taking place today so reckon those that have taken part will get the pack tomorrow sometime. The last two packs that got given out was also on a Tuesday.

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:46 PM Edited by meta187, 16 April 2012 - 09:52 PM.

QUOTE (Voodoo @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 15:05)
So, does anyone who played the Resurgence MP over the weekend know when we're going to get our Reserves Pack? I want my new character, dammit.

Late Monday afternoon (or early Tues morning), typically. Timezone wackiness. It'll be in the store.

Tyler
  • Tyler

time is a flat circle

• Unknown

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

Well, I can no longer deny that femshep is amazing. Pretty much done with the male Shepard now, and paragon playthroughs at that. Doing a Renegade with minor paragon choices playthrough seems about right for me. God I loved the default appearance for 1 and 2 but the importer into 3 still manages to f*ck up the face completely. She isn't a blonde, blue-eyed girl with unmatching eyebrows.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

http://shannon.users...net/masseffect/

Found this fan made epilogue generator,it kinda gives some closure to dissatisfied fans.You must see the option for control ending with high EMS,it was amusing.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

Victory packs are now live. Just got the Asari Justicar, was hoping for the Geth Infiltrator though.

They've took away the Premium Spectre pack that gave 2 rares and a chance for an ultra rare and are now offering a Resurgence pack for 99000 which now includes 5 random items with at least 1 new Resurgence rares. Kind of a crappy deal as we're paying the same price but getting less chances for decent items.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

I too unlocked the Justicar with the Reserves Pack, was hoping for a Geth too but hey a new character is a new character right? Bought a single Resurgence Pack and it got me a Reset Power Upgrade (pretty neat), a Paladin (Meh, I'll stick to my Carnifex) and a Batarian Soldier (f*ck yeah!). I think 99000 credits is reasonable enough because you're bound to get something new and rare.

The Asari Justicar plays exactly like the other Adepts, but just with the new Biotic Sphere, which is pretty handy. I've noticed that I've been supporting my teammates more with the Justicar instead of tackling the enemies head on. I just wished that there was a power upgrade to deploy two bubbles at the same time.

As for the Batarian Soldier, goddamn the Heavy Melee is so f*cking badass to the max! The special effects sure does make it so much prettier. Why doesn't one of the classes for Shepard have this sexy Arm of Badassfully? Ballistic Blades is pretty snazzy too, not sure whether I've upgraded it right though, I went for no cone damage but had that explosion effect for the last upgrade. And what the f*ck does Blades Armor do? It's pretty useless, much like the Tech Armor! Hell, it doesn't even looks cool! I was thinking with a name like Blades Armor it would looked like some Daedric Armor, but nope. I regretted not sinking in any points into Inferno Grenades just for this useless sh*t of armor. But it's still my favorite Soldier class, I can see the Batarian Soldier being effective in all weapon areas. I feel like I'm playing it wrong though, anyone got a good Batarian Soldier build?

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 13:05)
And what the f*ck does Blades Armor do? It's pretty useless, much like the Tech Armor! Hell, it doesn't even looks cool! I was thinking with a name like Blades Armor it would looked like some Daedric Armor, but nope. I regretted not sinking in any points into Inferno Grenades just for this useless sh*t of armor. But it's still my favorite Soldier class, I can see the Batarian Soldier being effective in all weapon areas. I feel like I'm playing it wrong though, anyone got a good Batarian Soldier build?

Blade armor makes it so when something does melee damage to you while it's active, they take a percentage of the damage back, it can be pretty useful on a Close Quarters build for the Batarian Soldier, i'd leave out inferno grenades on a build for him though, i never found them very useful. I'd just spec him for close quarters melee though, though it wouldn't be a very good gold set up, bronze and silver would be just fine.

QUOTE (Seddo @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 21:58)
Victory packs are now live. Just got the Asari Justicar, was hoping for the Geth Infiltrator though.

They've took away the Premium Spectre pack that gave 2 rares and a chance for an ultra rare and are now offering a Resurgence pack for 99000 which now includes 5 random items with at least 1 new Resurgence rares. Kind of a crappy deal as we're paying the same price but getting less chances for decent items.

I got another Geth Infiltrator card from my Victory Pack, which annoyed me because i want the Geth Engineer really badly, but now my Geth Infiltrator looks like a giant mint leaf, with his mint coloured pipes and metallic minty green body. I've also gotten 1 Resurgence pack and i got a Talon III (which i believe is a super rare N7 Weapon), a batarian soldier card so now i can have more snazzy colours on him and i got a Tempest IX, so not too bad i guess.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

To all of you who play on PC, Alienware is again giving away keys for M-90 Indra sniper rifle.

http://blog.bioware....-and-the-indra/

I already got one a couple of weeks back. Sweet full-auto sniper rifle with the rate of fire of M-8 Avenger.

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Uncle Dysfunktional

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:45 AM

Snagged a Geth Engineer in my victory pack!!

So that's everything else on hold until he's Maxed. Looks and feels too badass when playing. Not to impressed with the Overload trait however but the predator type view while in hunter mode is class.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 04:22)
I already got one a couple of weeks back. Sweet full-auto sniper rifle with the rate of fire of M-8 Avenger.

So, is it as sh*t as the Incisor though?

Bought a Resurgence Pack today and got a sweet Geth Infiltrator for f*cking f*ck's sake finally! Since I was already maxed out the levels for my Infiltrator class, I just maxed out every single power upgrade and ignored Proximity Mine. Hunter Mode is fantastic! Definitely feel like a predator. I've only tested it against Reapers though, itching to try it out against Geth Hunters and Phantoms. But I feel that the power department of the Geth is really lacking. I have to rely on my weapons most of the times because I all have is Cloak and Hunter Mode, no offensive powers whatsoever.

But still, pretty cool. Geth Infiltrator is the only MP character that I have that carries two weapons: a Mantis and a Geth Plasma SMG. All the other characters I have carry only one weapon for the sake of the advantage of Power Recharge. But since the Geth got a bonus weapon damage in Geth Weapons, I might as well carry the sweet SMG right?

Is the Geth Infiltrator awesome? Hell yeah. Is it my favorite Infiltrator character to play? Nope. I'm still keen on my Salarian Infiltrator, Cloak and Energy Drain is a way better combination.

I think once I get my hands on a Geth Engineer, I shall ignore the Hunter Mode for it and concentrate fully on Overlord and the Geth Turret. I can't stand not having any offensive powers.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (MyMothersMySister @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 03:45)
Not to impressed with the Overload trait however but the predator type view while in hunter mode is class.

Yea, def feels cool when you're using the Batarian Harpoon. The Overload ability actually works really well against Cerberus and Geth but you have to invest the points into getting it higher and make sure you pick the chain options that have it hitting any enemy near the target as well.

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Uncle Dysfunktional

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 15:14)
QUOTE (MyMothersMySister @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 03:45)
Not to impressed with the Overload trait however but the predator type view while in hunter mode is class.

Yea, def feels cool when you're using the Batarian Harpoon. The Overload ability actually works really well against Cerberus and Geth but you have to invest the points into getting it higher and make sure you pick the chain options that have it hitting any enemy near the target as well.

I've got a stats reset card so contemplating planning my unlocks and rejigging my geth engineer upon maxing him out.

I've been using the Geth plasma shotgun like its going out of fashion and I've maintained my love for the M-8 avenger regardless of class, race or skill of the character I use.

I can't however shrug the feeling of resentment everytime you save for an expensive pack only to get the same stuff you already own. I can only sympathise with the guys who've played it a lot more than me.

I think they dropped the ball a little on the packs and getting multiple cards the same.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:20 AM Edited by meta187, 20 April 2012 - 09:37 AM.

QUOTE (MyMothersMySister @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 06:18)
I can't however shrug the feeling of resentment everytime you save for an expensive pack only to get the same stuff you already own. I can only sympathise with the guys who've played it a lot more than me.

I think they dropped the ball a little on the packs and getting multiple cards the same.

Geth Plasma shotgun's pretty much the most OP kick ass shot gun of the lot of them I can strap it on a level 1-5 character and outscore 17-20's on a bronze or silver run.

And yea, it does suck with the packs. I assumed once I maxed out all my commons to 10 X the Specter packs would have no choice but to start giving me the super rare N7 variants, wrong. You get character trainings and nothing else repeatedly. On average I spend 500 -700 K on Premium Spec packs before one even turns up. Def kills the motivation to play as much, here's to some more MP DLC. tounge.gif

*btw- There's a new map glitch on Hydra. You can roll off the platform and sort of hang out on the outside fringe of the map, pegging enemies. If you decide to step off the fringe you fall through the floor and end up back on the opposite end of the map. Great way to make an escape if enemies are closing in. Not every character can do it, you have to be able to roll forward so no Krogans or Turians.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

So people have probably seen, but there's no operation this weekend. However, they resume with Operation Excorcist next weekend, and will continue from then on.

I'm planning to start multiplayer this weekend, if I have time.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 13:09)
QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 04:22)

So, is it as sh*t as the Incisor though?

Let me put it this way. I never use the Incisor, and I use Indra a lot. It's a really fun gun.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

The Yardies

• The Yardies

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

well, I'm starting to play multiplayer a bit more and I actually completed a few silver runs last night(with one being a sole survivor, f*ck sakes I was lucky) and I'm currently leveling up my vangard human who is at level 16 I believe. BTW, anyone have any tips for vangard use?

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:48 PM Edited by meta187, 20 April 2012 - 10:01 PM.

QUOTE (deathdealer @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 20:51)
BTW, anyone have any tips for vangard use?

Shockwave (aka Dubstep Power) looks cool and all but Biotic Charge is your bread and butter, literally the backbone of the class.

Max it out early on and make sure to invest your final power point into the shield restore that recharges your barrier with every sucessful Charge. This allows you to effectively jump from enemy to enemy and across the map, if you can target an enemy, even one that's far away, you can zipline to them, which makes this class a bit OP and a lot of fun to play. A lot of people like to follow up a biotic charge with Nova but in a large group of enemies that drops your shield completely and leaves you exposed. Opt instead to carry a single heavy pistol, like the Carnifax or Palidan, you keep your shield and in many cases get an instant headshot. Carry only the pistol because you want to keep your shield recharge rate beteen 150-200%. If you're using a Drell Vanguard, Biotic Charging into large groups and dropping Cluster Grenades is an awesome way to rack up kills. If you're using a Krogan, following up the charge with Carnage is seriously effective and incidently the exact same set up I have for my campaign Shepard. Also a good old fashioned melee attack is a good way to mix things up when you're getting bored of spamming the same attack all day.

One of the coolest things I had happen with this class is I had a teammate use Pull to send and enemy floating about 50 feet up off the lower platform on Dagger base. I was standing in the upper window of the rotunda looking down and literally zipped across the sky like Superman to slam into him in mid air. My friend saw it from the lower platform and said that was, "the most bad ass thing he'd ever seen a Vanguard do". Good Times.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

The Yardies

• The Yardies

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

oh crap sticks, I may have messed up then confused.gif .

I'm assuming that 20 is the highest level correct?

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

Yeah 20 is the max level for MP, 60 for SP. I'm hoping that they would raise the level cap to 25 for MP in a future DLC or something. Would be cool to have every powers for each character to be maxed out.

And if you're going as a Vanguard, I suggest ignoring the Shockwave completely, the WubWubWub is kinda uesless. There's a certain way I play as a Vanguard, and I like to call it Nova Sex. Simply get that last power upgrade for Biotic Charge that instantly recharges your barriers to a 100% and get the power upgrade for Nova that uses half of your barriers instead of your whole barriers.Sure it reduces your damage for Nova by 40%, but you get to Nova twice in a row and deal damage up to %120 unlile your regular Nova.

Oh and I don't carry a heavy pistol for my Vanguard, I carry the Disciple, it's a really nice light-weighted Asari shotgun that deals a fair amount of damage. Plus the fire rate is the fastest among the shotguns. Not that I use it that often though, I remembered a single Silver Run with my Vanguard where I only fired like 5 shots throughout the entire 11 waves. That's how effective Nova Sex is. I just keep spamming Nova until something's dead and I Biotic Charge something else to get my barriers back up and spam Nova again. Beware though, using Nova Sex may make you look like a dick in front of your teammates.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:47 AM

Even calling it "Nova Sex" makes you look like a dick. tounge.gif

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:57 AM Edited by meta187, 21 April 2012 - 02:00 AM.

We actually have joked pretty often that the human female Vanguard sounds like she's having decidedly rough and enthusiastic sex when she's spamming Nova.

"rrrRAUGH!-RAUGH!-RAUGH!-.....rrrRAUGH!-RAUGH!-RAUGH!.....rrrRAUGH!-RAUGH!-RAUGH!"

Throw in some enthusiastic Krogan melees and it's comedy gold.

@deathdealer: If you've reached level 20, promote the character to restart it's stats. You can also get a "Reset Powers" card in the Specter packs that allows you to keep and reset the power points as you see fit.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

Right, I've set up my nubtacular human engineer (need that Overload achievement) Quim (google it), so I'd appreciate some squaddies to cover my precious bottom tomorrow night. smile.gif

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Uncle Dysfunktional

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 06:22)
Right, I've set up my nubtacular human engineer (need that Overload achievement) Quim (google it), so I'd appreciate some squaddies to cover my precious bottom tomorrow night. smile.gif

Pap, I'm up for a full session tomorrow night (Sunday?) as I'm working 12 hours today an tomorrow so can't get on until then and I'm in dire need off good squadmates to play with.

Hopefully get Meta and Voodoo in too would be awesome.

@Meta, I can reset my level 20 characters stats?

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (MyMothersMySister @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 07:16)
@Meta, I can reset my level 20 characters stats?

Yea, you can either Promote them which is like prestiging in MW, you gain +10 to your N7 score and the class fully resets or you can pick up a Reset Powers card in a Specter pack. Which you can use without promoting the class.

I'll be around, message me when you're about.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

@Meta: Haha we sure did biggrin.gif I was playing as the Krogan Battlemaster today and I shall dubbed his playstyle as Krogan Sex. Similar to Nova Sex, but without the Nova and more so of Krogan Raging.

I just promoted my Soldier and Engineer class seeing as how I don't often use them often. Man the Soldier class are a f*cking bore to play as, excluding the Krogan and Batarian characters. In a hectic MP game like this, you gotta rely on powers and the Humans and Turians Soldiers are lacking in that department.

I only promoted the Engineer class because I felt the need to enjoy grinding up my levels again. Also because I didn't really sorted out the powers right. Anyone got a good build for the Quarian Engineer? Every one of her powers are sexy, it's hard deciding what to sink her points into.

I've been pretty OP with the Salarian Infiltrator lately, and I'm loving it. Definitely my favorite character to play as. I always get 60K plus per each Silver run. If anyone needs a good Brute Exterminator, Phantom Hunter, Prime Eater, Banshee Destroyer or any other badass cliche names, I'm your man with the Salarian Infiltrator. I'll probably not be sleeping tonight, so add me on Live if you're interested smile.gif

Oh meta, I tried out that Hydra glitch. It's pretty handy against Brutes and Phantoms, provided yoy have a good aim. And there's one more secret to that glitch. When you're down in that area, and by some odd chance you fell into the water doing so, yoh would instantly revive yourself and respawn. Cool huh?

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Uncle Dysfunktional

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

4 of us for a squad, 9pm gmt tonight for the duration?

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

I'd be up for playing tonight with you guys, Paps did ask me last night but i got really tired and just went to bed instead, no idea if you did infact end up playing though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users