Quantcast

» «
Photo

Mass Effect 3

2,526 replies to this topic
meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010
    Best Cluckin' Huge Meal 2015

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:20 AM Edited by meta187, 20 April 2012 - 09:37 AM.

QUOTE (MyMothersMySister @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 06:18)
I can't however shrug the feeling of resentment everytime you save for an expensive pack only to get the same stuff you already own. I can only sympathise with the guys who've played it a lot more than me.

I think they dropped the ball a little on the packs and getting multiple cards the same.

Geth Plasma shotgun's pretty much the most OP kick ass shot gun of the lot of them I can strap it on a level 1-5 character and outscore 17-20's on a bronze or silver run.

And yea, it does suck with the packs. I assumed once I maxed out all my commons to 10 X the Specter packs would have no choice but to start giving me the super rare N7 variants, wrong. You get character trainings and nothing else repeatedly. On average I spend 500 -700 K on Premium Spec packs before one even turns up. Def kills the motivation to play as much, here's to some more MP DLC. tounge.gif

*btw- There's a new map glitch on Hydra. You can roll off the platform and sort of hang out on the outside fringe of the map, pegging enemies. If you decide to step off the fringe you fall through the floor and end up back on the opposite end of the map. Great way to make an escape if enemies are closing in. Not every character can do it, you have to be able to roll forward so no Krogans or Turians.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

So people have probably seen, but there's no operation this weekend. However, they resume with Operation Excorcist next weekend, and will continue from then on.

I'm planning to start multiplayer this weekend, if I have time.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 13:09)
QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 04:22)
I already got one a couple of weeks back. Sweet full-auto sniper rifle with the rate of fire of M-8 Avenger.

So, is it as sh*t as the Incisor though?

Let me put it this way. I never use the Incisor, and I use Indra a lot. It's a really fun gun.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

well, I'm starting to play multiplayer a bit more and I actually completed a few silver runs last night(with one being a sole survivor, f*ck sakes I was lucky) and I'm currently leveling up my vangard human who is at level 16 I believe. BTW, anyone have any tips for vangard use?

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:48 PM Edited by meta187, 20 April 2012 - 10:01 PM.

QUOTE (deathdealer @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 20:51)
BTW, anyone have any tips for vangard use?

Shockwave (aka Dubstep Power) looks cool and all but Biotic Charge is your bread and butter, literally the backbone of the class.

Max it out early on and make sure to invest your final power point into the shield restore that recharges your barrier with every sucessful Charge. This allows you to effectively jump from enemy to enemy and across the map, if you can target an enemy, even one that's far away, you can zipline to them, which makes this class a bit OP and a lot of fun to play. A lot of people like to follow up a biotic charge with Nova but in a large group of enemies that drops your shield completely and leaves you exposed. Opt instead to carry a single heavy pistol, like the Carnifax or Palidan, you keep your shield and in many cases get an instant headshot. Carry only the pistol because you want to keep your shield recharge rate beteen 150-200%. If you're using a Drell Vanguard, Biotic Charging into large groups and dropping Cluster Grenades is an awesome way to rack up kills. If you're using a Krogan, following up the charge with Carnage is seriously effective and incidently the exact same set up I have for my campaign Shepard. Also a good old fashioned melee attack is a good way to mix things up when you're getting bored of spamming the same attack all day.

One of the coolest things I had happen with this class is I had a teammate use Pull to send and enemy floating about 50 feet up off the lower platform on Dagger base. I was standing in the upper window of the rotunda looking down and literally zipped across the sky like Superman to slam into him in mid air. My friend saw it from the lower platform and said that was, "the most bad ass thing he'd ever seen a Vanguard do". Good Times.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

oh crap sticks, I may have messed up then confused.gif .

I'm assuming that 20 is the highest level correct?

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

Yeah 20 is the max level for MP, 60 for SP. I'm hoping that they would raise the level cap to 25 for MP in a future DLC or something. Would be cool to have every powers for each character to be maxed out.

And if you're going as a Vanguard, I suggest ignoring the Shockwave completely, the WubWubWub is kinda uesless. There's a certain way I play as a Vanguard, and I like to call it Nova Sex. Simply get that last power upgrade for Biotic Charge that instantly recharges your barriers to a 100% and get the power upgrade for Nova that uses half of your barriers instead of your whole barriers.Sure it reduces your damage for Nova by 40%, but you get to Nova twice in a row and deal damage up to %120 unlile your regular Nova.

Oh and I don't carry a heavy pistol for my Vanguard, I carry the Disciple, it's a really nice light-weighted Asari shotgun that deals a fair amount of damage. Plus the fire rate is the fastest among the shotguns. Not that I use it that often though, I remembered a single Silver Run with my Vanguard where I only fired like 5 shots throughout the entire 11 waves. That's how effective Nova Sex is. I just keep spamming Nova until something's dead and I Biotic Charge something else to get my barriers back up and spam Nova again. Beware though, using Nova Sex may make you look like a dick in front of your teammates.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:47 AM

Even calling it "Nova Sex" makes you look like a dick. tounge.gif

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:57 AM Edited by meta187, 21 April 2012 - 02:00 AM.

We actually have joked pretty often that the human female Vanguard sounds like she's having decidedly rough and enthusiastic sex when she's spamming Nova.

"rrrRAUGH!-RAUGH!-RAUGH!-.....rrrRAUGH!-RAUGH!-RAUGH!.....rrrRAUGH!-RAUGH!-RAUGH!"

Throw in some enthusiastic Krogan melees and it's comedy gold.

@deathdealer: If you've reached level 20, promote the character to restart it's stats. You can also get a "Reset Powers" card in the Specter packs that allows you to keep and reset the power points as you see fit.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

Right, I've set up my nubtacular human engineer (need that Overload achievement) Quim (google it), so I'd appreciate some squaddies to cover my precious bottom tomorrow night. smile.gif

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Unkle Dysfunktional

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 06:22)
Right, I've set up my nubtacular human engineer (need that Overload achievement) Quim (google it), so I'd appreciate some squaddies to cover my precious bottom tomorrow night. smile.gif

Pap, I'm up for a full session tomorrow night (Sunday?) as I'm working 12 hours today an tomorrow so can't get on until then and I'm in dire need off good squadmates to play with.

Hopefully get Meta and Voodoo in too would be awesome.

@Meta, I can reset my level 20 characters stats?

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (MyMothersMySister @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 07:16)
@Meta, I can reset my level 20 characters stats?

Yea, you can either Promote them which is like prestiging in MW, you gain +10 to your N7 score and the class fully resets or you can pick up a Reset Powers card in a Specter pack. Which you can use without promoting the class.

I'll be around, message me when you're about.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

@Meta: Haha we sure did biggrin.gif I was playing as the Krogan Battlemaster today and I shall dubbed his playstyle as Krogan Sex. Similar to Nova Sex, but without the Nova and more so of Krogan Raging.

I just promoted my Soldier and Engineer class seeing as how I don't often use them often. Man the Soldier class are a f*cking bore to play as, excluding the Krogan and Batarian characters. In a hectic MP game like this, you gotta rely on powers and the Humans and Turians Soldiers are lacking in that department.

I only promoted the Engineer class because I felt the need to enjoy grinding up my levels again. Also because I didn't really sorted out the powers right. Anyone got a good build for the Quarian Engineer? Every one of her powers are sexy, it's hard deciding what to sink her points into.

I've been pretty OP with the Salarian Infiltrator lately, and I'm loving it. Definitely my favorite character to play as. I always get 60K plus per each Silver run. If anyone needs a good Brute Exterminator, Phantom Hunter, Prime Eater, Banshee Destroyer or any other badass cliche names, I'm your man with the Salarian Infiltrator. I'll probably not be sleeping tonight, so add me on Live if you're interested smile.gif

Oh meta, I tried out that Hydra glitch. It's pretty handy against Brutes and Phantoms, provided yoy have a good aim. And there's one more secret to that glitch. When you're down in that area, and by some odd chance you fell into the water doing so, yoh would instantly revive yourself and respawn. Cool huh?

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Unkle Dysfunktional

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

4 of us for a squad, 9pm gmt tonight for the duration?

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

I'd be up for playing tonight with you guys, Paps did ask me last night but i got really tired and just went to bed instead, no idea if you did infact end up playing though.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Administrator
  • Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2016
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (MyMothersMySister @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 04:49)
9pm gmt

That's like, 1500 in dog years, right?

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Unkle Dysfunktional

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

Gonna be more like 10pm gmt that the MmMs, Geth Engineer will drop.

How many dog years is that Voodoo my man?

Gamertag - Fakinell

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (Minic @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 16:29)
I'd be up for playing tonight with you guys, Paps did ask me last night but i got really tired and just went to bed instead, no idea if you did infact end up playing though.

I think meta had to catch his dinner before they ate it, or something. I gave up waiting and gave myself a brain aneurysm playing Trials instead. He messaged me after 7am apologising. biggrin.gif

I'll aim to be on at 10 then, add me on Live when you get on, Liam. meta did say he'd be on tonight, so we should have an easy four.

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Unkle Dysfunktional

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 18:28)
I'll aim to be on at 10 then, add me on Live when you get on, Liam. meta did say he'd be on tonight, so we should have an easy four.

A good 4 too.

I'll FR you and Meta along with some other people I should have like Voodoo and Kiv.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

My mother's in from Florida visting this evening but I'll be dipping in and out looking for yez.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

You guys are full of empty promises. sad.gif

Booze
  • Booze

INFJ

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Best IV Era Videos 2009

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:07 AM

So just as I was getting into the multiplayer, I get this:

I can still sign in with another profile and play single player (without my old savegames), but no multiplayer (I would have to pay for Xbox Live twice). It seems that all this profile synching/updating/linking/whatever broke my game. I'm all for technological advancement, but sometimes I miss the days where you could just pop in a game and play it sad.gif.
Also note that that video was uploaded 5 weeks ago. That means I'm not counting on a fix anytime soon.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:09 AM Edited by meta187, 23 April 2012 - 08:13 AM.

QUOTE (papanesta @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 21:59)

I actually did look in earlier and it said you were on your Dashboard, didn't see Liam anywhere.

Been on for the better part of an hour now.

EDIT: SOOoooo mrpain, I just put together a Prototype human male Vanguard and applied your "Nova Sex" technique, investing everything into Biotic Charge and Nova with the 40% off penalty perk for the shield drop and single handedly soloed my way through all ten rounds of a Bronze Run against the Geth in a private match. I think I fired less than 10 bullets. Pretty good stuff.

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Unkle Dysfunktional

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 05:09)

I actually did look in earlier and it said you were on your Dashboard, didn't see Liam anywhere.

Car accident last night will fill you in over xbox sad.gif On a plus note I just got a badass courtesy car.

Going on for a few hours in next half hour will get the FRs sent out. If anyones on hit me up to form a squad.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

@Meta: ''Nova Sex'' is pretty effective on Silver too. Glad you enjoyed playing dirty tounge.gif Have you noticed that you won't ever take damage while in the process of both Biotic Charge and Nova? You're basically an immortal mofo doing Nova Sex. Reapers are pretty fun to try out Nova Sex. Especially Banshees and Brutes. Just f*ck their insta-kill ability, they can't hurt you if you're Nova-ing in circles around them.

What weapon were ya using? All my Vanguards use the Disciple. Mod it with the Shredder Mod and Extended Barrel and you got one hell of fast light-weighted shotgun. Not that I use it often though as I'm too busy Nova-ing.

Welp, my Gold Membership expires on Saturday. With good reason too because I'm starting to get lazy with the MP. Only characters I use in MP are Salarian Infiltrator, Human Vanguard, Turian Sentinel and Asari Justicar. They're pretty much the most fun characters I play for me. At least it gives me a good reason to complete my Insanity SP run now.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 12:36)
What weapon were ya using?

Carnifax X.

Weights nothing, packs a punch. Just a hair weaker than the Palidan with a larger clip and a consistant success rate for headshots.

@MMMS: Sorry to hear about the accident, hope everyone's ok. I'll keep an eye out. "Fakinell" is an awesome name choice btw. I worked for an older gentleman from Yorkshire for about 3 years and that was one of his favorite catch phrases. biggrin.gif

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 05:09)

Been on for the better part of an hour now.

I was playing Trials again waiting for people. I figured you'd invite me if you were playing.

QUOTE (meta187 @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 15:22)
@MMMS: Sorry to hear about the accident, hope everyone's ok. I'll keep an eye out. "Fakinell" is an awesome name choice btw. I worked for an older gentleman from Yorkshire for about 3 years and that was one of his favorite catch phrases. biggrin.gif

Ashamed it took me a few times reading it in my head to figure it out. blush.gif

Seriously, I need a relaxing night on this. Keep thinking that as I'm close to smashing my controller off the ground. Probably a sign I should be doing my university work instead.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Had a pretty funny match on the Hydra map today. I was doing that glitch where you basically just get out of the map and stay in a safe spot. That's my most favorite place to be as the Salarian Infiltrator. Then came Wave 11 and my whole squad rushed over to the extraction point while I just stayed at the same area. I was laughing my ass off when I saw them getting demolished from afar. Hell, one of them said ''Littlegreendot, wake up man!'' Then in the last few seconds I just hopped into the water, respawn at the extraction point and took the win. Suddenly everybody else was like ''Dude OMG how did ya do that?!?'' Funny stuff.

I'm gonna go Live in like 4 and a half hours, anyone else free?

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 14:42)
I'm gonna go Live in like 4 and a half hours, anyone else free?

I was just squeezing in a quick match early this morning as people were getting ready to head out sorry I wasn't able to take that invite.

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Unkle Dysfunktional

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

No work tonight soooo....

I will fulfill the promise that Ill be online and looking for a squad in about 3 hours.

icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users