Mass Effect 3

2,478 replies to this topic
Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Dec 11 2010, 15:56)
Can just picture them all turning to each other and doing the "Reapers" air quotes. biggrin.gif

In my most recent runthrough of both games I saved the Council with the sole intention of being able to punch that f*cking Turian councillor in the face for that. I'll be disappointed if ME3 doesn't deliver this option.

Supreme.
  • Supreme.

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:04 PM Edited by Supreme., 11 December 2010 - 04:33 PM.

^haha

Man, I can't remember the last time I was this excited about an upcoming game release. Really feel like a little kid again and just can't wait to experience the final chapter in this beautifully epic trilogy inlove.gif

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (Gronf @ Dec 11 2010, 23:39)
QUOTE (mrpain @ Dec 11 2010, 15:57)
And about Earth, I really hope its not 'war-torn'. We have not seen Earth in its normal state in the Mass Effect series so it should be interesting to see what the future holds for our Earth.

*Image*

Now I'm really only posting words so that this isn't a picture post.

Yes I've seen it before but I just realized there's a redhead lady on the left side. Kelly?!? Probably not.

And that theory of the ME2 squadmates leaving the crew in 3, maybe they all die in the opening scene given that there were so many possibilities of who survived at the end of ME2.

The way I see ME3 opening scene would be the Normandy about to land on Earth when BOOM! The Reapers attacked them. Sheperd wakes up on Earth only to find it was now a warzone against the Reapers. Then that sniper dude from the VGA sneak-peak trailer comes to save his ass. Plus he's the first squadmate. Hoorah...

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:08 PM

I am still hoping against hope that Shepard gets arrested and imprisoned by the council, the crew naturally disband and the Normandy gets impounded/scrapped. Then with earth melting under the impact of a Reaper fart, Shepard gets released and told "oops my bad the Reapers do exist and you weren't f*cked in the head, now go on get out there and stop them like you did last time". I really want Shepard to go through hell and back in the final one.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:10 PM

I'm hoping, as I did at the end of the second one, that the third game will have a buildup phase where you assemble a fleet rather than assemble a team. Or perhaps even both. Depending on who you saved, who you killed off, what friends you made, whether or not the base was destroyed.. All that will go along in determining what your fleet will look like.

Yeah, the rachni news item gave me the idea. tounge.gif

The new Normandy seems a bit small for a flagship though, so I don't know.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

Lord Protector

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Dec 11 2010, 10:44)
Also, I want a mission to recruit a rogue Reaper.

Since they're sentient machines, that'd def be possible and totally f*cking rule.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:13 PM

Mass Effect 3, YAYYYYY!!!!! inlove.gif .

That is all.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:22 PM

Sheperd has fought agaisnt Geth, Krogans, Turians, Asaris, Salarians, Humans, Collectors, Reapers and the list goes on and on....

But Sheperd has never fought against a Quarian before. I want to see a regenade option in which Sheperd goes truly evil and fights agaisnt the Quarians.

I said this in the ME2 topic before but I might as well say it again here:
I had a strange dream about Mass Effect 3. Sheperd(me) was in a space station. Legion was at the top level and Samara was at the bottom level. I had to choose which one to save. Then I couldn't remember what happen next. It was a dream afterall

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:28 PM

Cant wait till its official looking foward to this evening but first i need to clean up my boxers!

Tyler
  • Tyler

I couldn't possibly comment

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Dec 11 2010, 10:11)
QUOTE (papanesta @ Dec 11 2010, 10:44)
Also, I want a mission to recruit a rogue Reaper.

Since they're sentient machines, that'd def be possible and totally f*cking rule.

Yeah, but they sort of need to feed. So I doubt that one of them will whole-heartedly work with other species, unless it plans on betraying them and devouring them later.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:05 PM

OK have a link to watch the Spike VGA awards for those of us outside the US. You can try this :-

http://www.boxlive.tv/channels/spiketv

There is f*ck all on there at the moment except some car repair crap tounge.gif . You might want to bookmark it so you can use it in 8 hours 56mins .......... not that I am counting honest guv'nor.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:09 PM

Would be awesome to have a volus squadmate (his powers could be biotic wind which then becomes sweeping biotic wind tounge.gif ) and an elcor counselor along with the Reaper squaddie. Oh and a bunch of rachni assuming you saved them in ME1. I totally did, because I felt bad about the councilman telling me I was a bad person. Then when I saved them he said I was endangering the galaxy.

There was no pleasing that guy.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:23 PM

ME3, eh? Nice to know my hat will remain intact, then.

Very silly of me but I played ME2 before playing ME1, so.. the story was lost me to say the least. Most of what you guys are talking about may as well be in Chinese, as well ):

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

Argh I'm frantically searching online to buy a cheap copy of Mass Effect 1. Apparently Mass Effect 1 was temporary banned in my country because...
Mass Effect was banned in Singapore for a short time before it was lifted with an M18 rating. Censors in the country said that a scene with an alien and human female caressing was the main reason why the game was not allowed to be sold in Singaporean video game stores.

Once I get my hand on ME1 and ME3 has been realeased, I can't wait to get a gaming marathon running.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Dec 11 2010, 17:36)
Argh I'm frantically searching online to buy a cheap copy of Mass Effect 1. Apparently Mass Effect 1 was temporary banned in my country because...
Mass Effect was banned in Singapore for a short time before it was lifted with an M18 rating. Censors in the country said that a scene with an alien and human female caressing was the main reason why the game was not allowed to be sold in Singaporean video game stores.

Wait, so it was banned not because of sex alone, not because of sex with aliens, but because it was lesbian alien sex? A bit weird saying that you can have a game where you shag another species, but it had better not resemble your own gender!

Democrab
  • Democrab

Tornado of Souls

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (jelly @ Dec 12 2010, 03:10)
I'm hoping, as I did at the end of the second one, that the third game will have a buildup phase where you assemble a fleet rather than assemble a team. Or perhaps even both. Depending on who you saved, who you killed off, what friends you made, whether or not the base was destroyed.. All that will go along in determining what your fleet will look like.

Yeah, the rachni news item gave me the idea. tounge.gif

The new Normandy seems a bit small for a flagship though, so I don't know.

Solution: Shepard gets a bit to loud on his Reaper stuff, council puts him in jail, etc as was posted before.

Another thing would be you pick certain crew members to run their own ship as part of your fleet, you know who would be good there...Garrus, Miranda, Wrex and Ash/Kaiden, depending on events in ME1.

What I wanna see, is if you fixed the Heretic Geth in ME2, is a huge Geth fleet coming to your aid, as well as the Rachni assuming they live, just to see the council realizing what tossers they are, this is likely...The Shadow Broker DLC is the first thats meant to bridge ME2 and ME3, so I can be pretty sure the new Shadow Broker will be helping out in the fight.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Robinski @ Dec 12 2010, 02:34)
QUOTE (mrpain @ Dec 11 2010, 17:36)

Wait, so it was banned not because of sex alone, not because of sex with aliens, but because it was lesbian alien sex? A bit weird saying that you can have a game where you shag another species, but it had better not resemble your own gender!

Exactly! My country is so paranoid.

And @Joe.: Damn would be pretty epic if that were to happen. I'm surprised no one has even talk about the Illusive Man yet and how he would be involved in the game. Is he going to help Sheperd or is he going to rip him off?

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:26 PM

I think we can agree that the final showdown will be Shep and co. staring down the barrel of a massive Reaper fleet. All hope is lost, the galaxy will fall and there's no way you can stop it. That is, until all your buddies made throughout the series (the Geth, the Rachni, the council, Hackett and the Alliance, the Migrant Fleet etc.) ride in all F*CK YEAH Han Solo style and tip the odds in your favour.

I really do hope your actions from all three games have some effect on the outcome of the trilogy. Sure, the game has to work as a stand alone piece so you should be able to "win" and save the galaxy, but it shouldn't be the only game you need to play to get the best ending. It felt that, in ME2, while playing ME1 gave you a lot of extra stuff, it didn't have that much impact on the story and how the game played out. To be honest, if you're buying ME3 without playing either of the prequels you don't deserve the best ending mad.gif .

There better be a "what the hell have you been doing for three games?!" ending too, where everything gets f*cked over in the worst possible way.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Dec 11 2010, 20:08)
I'm surprised no one has even talk about the Illusive Man yet and how he would be involved in the game. Is he going to help Sheperd or is he going to rip him off?

I wouldn't count too heavily on Cerberus but it depends on what Bioware's attitude is towards the last Novel called "Retribution". If they decide to include the latest book into the Mass Effect universe then Cerberus really isn't in any fit shape to do much of anything after Anderson and the Turians kicked the crap out of Cerberus The fact the blurb mentions Shepard is an Alliance marine again gives us a hint that all ties with Cerberus may have been broken.

I have been hanging around the Bioware forum today and the amount of bitching about the fact it is Earth is unbelievable. For some strange reason people seem to think it is going to be all about Earth. I don't think that for a second, the Reapers will be going after everyone not just Earth, but I believe the Reapers will put extra effort into kicking the living sh*t out of Earth and Humans just to be on the safe side. After all it was a Human that handed their arses to them on a plate TWICE.

If I was to speculate I could see a situation where Shepard has to deal with several Reaper fleets and by destroying these fleets you "recruit" races for the big finale.

Skins
  • Skins

Steal your face

• The Precinct

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:34 PM

I need to get around to playing the first two games. But I just started playing Fallout 3, so that may be a while. nervous.gif

Andrewbot
  • Andrewbot

The Robot Builder

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:22 PM

I am so curious how this finale is going to play out.

If Sovereign was able to tear apart a vast majority of the Citadel fleet as one Reaper, what the hell are we going to do when we face THIS: http://i45.tinypic.com/2qn8cwx.jpg

I don't think everyone will be satisfied if any Reapers live, and there would be so many to destroy spread out throughout the galaxy, assuming they get here without using the Mass Relays.

Any idea what might be done to stop them? I am guessing eezo-created singularities could be a solution ie "The black hole gun"

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:19 AM Edited by CharmingCharlie, 12 December 2010 - 02:00 AM.

Just noticed I got the times wrong, the Spike VGA awards start at 1am which is 42 minutes from this post. No word on when the Mass Effect 3 reveal will be but knowing my luck it will be right at the end and I will have to sit up till god knows what time watching it.

I will be watching it on my mobile phone using the ustream link :-

http://www.ustream.t...amingshogun-com

alternatively you can use the link I posted earlier :-

http://www.boxlive.tv/channels/spiketv

http://yourgamingfix...10-live-stream/

Mass Effect 3 trailer is up on gametrailers and all I can say is OMG OMG OMG :-

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:52 AM

New trailer

http://playstationli...nd-xbox-360-pc/

Props to the guy a the bioware forums that spotted it was Big Ben.

@CC - your way ahead of me. I'm still on ME3 lol.gif

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:53 AM Edited by CharmingCharlie, 12 December 2010 - 01:58 AM.

Yeah saw that guy posting about big ben, jeez that was a damn good trailer. I know it was all CG but damn, I always wanted to see London leveled I guess Bioware felt the same tounge.gif

QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Dec 12 2010, 02:52)

@CC - your way ahead of me. I'm still on ME3  lol.gif

Whoops a daisey too much excitement, too much caffeine and trying to roll me ciggies here at the same time tounge.gif Edited it to say ME 3 wink.gif next job is to do sort out the first post in this thread which I will do after I have cleaned my teeth biggrin.gif

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:58 AM

I think that was a husk that Johnny English sniped, and the gunships are the same as in ME2. Holiday 2011 can't come soon enough.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:00 AM

Yep I was thinking the same thing, but I was distracted by the mother f*cking reapers melting London biggrin.gif seriously that was so damn epic oh god I want that in the game.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:11 AM

Holy sh*t! I can't wait!

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:36 AM

Gosh I need to play some ME now.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:36 AM

I thought it should have been 1am. sh*t. confused.gif

All the streams are down, as is any website where the trailer is. Bollocks.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:43 AM

I am in the process of updating the front page, put a few screenies up from the vid. papanesta can't you watch the video I linked too at gametrailers ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users