Mass Effect 3

2,478 replies to this topic
Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (danjodan @ Sunday, Feb 19 2012, 18:24)
Is it just me or are the animations in all three ME game's awful?

It's just you.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:36 AM

So the new CG trailer aired during The Walking Dead.

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Cyclop have 9 years

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Sunday, Feb 19 2012, 20:36)
So the new CG trailer aired during The Walking Dead.

I would pay some serious coin for a 1:16 or whatever replica of the Normandy from ME1, ME2 and ME3. Yeah, I want 3 of them. That ship is the best in a modern sci fi game. It looks sleek, sexy and when you first see it in ME1 your jaw drops, the same happened in ME2.

I brought

Normandy Cerberus

Normandy Alliance

But they aren't that big, about 6 inches. So gutted. Would love an 18 inch version.

Also, love the new trailer

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

I couldn't justify buying both, so I just went with the Alliance version. I agree, they're way too small. Should be the same size they were ingame in ME2.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

I'd only buy a 1:1 replica of the actual ship. With the interior and everything. And I'd keep it on the field in front of my country house. That would be wicked. And expensive probably.

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

Going to play through me2 again, so I can get back most of my achievements. Atleast I got the insanity achievement.

I want to try and play as a female, but I can't be arsed to start me1 yet. And no I don't want to start with a me2 female where I made no choices. In the first one.

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Cyclop have 9 years

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (King Of Monra @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 02:24)
Going to play through me2 again, so I can get back most of my achievements. Atleast I got the insanity achievement.

I want to try and play as a female, but I can't be arsed to start me1 yet. And no I don't want to start with a me2 female where I made no choices. In the first one.

Download the Interactive Graphic Novel.

Interactive Graphic Novel

You can use that to create a female with ME1 choices for play through. It is limited though and misses out on many of the smaller choices but covers the big ones like Kaiden or Ashley, killing the Spider creatures.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (Iminicus @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 18:46)
QUOTE (King Of Monra @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 02:24)

Download the Interactive Graphic Novel.

Interactive Graphic Novel

You can use that to create a female with ME1 choices for play through. It is limited though and misses out on many of the smaller choices but covers the big ones like Kaiden or Ashley, killing the Spider creatures.

I don't get why EA won't just charge that for free. It's 320 points and I only have like 160 points left! Ugh.

I really hope the demo characters we have unlocked for the MP would carry over to the full game. I'm really satisfied with my Salarian Infiltrator, Asari Adept and Krogan Solder. All are such a beast to play with!

QUOTE (DOOM! @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 07:50)
QUOTE (mrpain @ Sunday, Feb 19 2012, 20:35)
QUOTE (meta187 @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 04:32)
QUOTE (The-King @ Sunday, Feb 19 2012, 04:15)
QUOTE (Voodoo @ Saturday, Feb 18 2012, 22:12)
I finally unlocked a non-human. I got the Asari adept and went all biotic on those mofos. Stasis, warp and throw are pretty entertaining to use on wave after wave of bots.

That's the one I want the most, I absolutely love playing adepts in MP, even though I always go soldier for SP as it just seems more appropriate for Shephard.

I started using that Vanguard Shockwave ability more at the higher levels and other than knocking back heavy armor shields it also hits people who've ducked behind cover into the air and on their ass. One more point and it will actually cause multiple enemies to float into the air similar to that other ability you were using.

I hate playing with Vanguards. They'll be constantly Biotic Charging and Shockwaving enemies thus not allowing my Infiltrator to get a clean shot.

I had two good hours of playtime with a few good randoms today. The MP is great once you find the right people to play with. Oh and apparently I'm number 12 on the Singapore Leaderboards for this game.

The only time I played I was a Turian Vanguard and Shockwave was useful for the enemies taking cover and such I found out.

There isn't any Turian Vanguard in the MP. Maybe you were talking about a Drell Vanguard? Played a game today with this Drell Vanguard, annoyed the hell outta me. I was like almost trying to get a clean headshot of this Centurion and he comes in Biotic Charging that cat. sneaky2.gif

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

I just unlocked a Krogan soldier and ended up in a lobby with this Indian kid. It was hilarious how he went "I hate Krogan soldiers so much" as I was walking around and headbutting everything.

MagnAn
  • MagnAn

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Sunday, Feb 19 2012, 20:01)
I think BioWare said it dosen't but I don't have the link to it, so I can't be sure.

Yeah, I found it:

QUOTE (@masseffect)
Nothing from the demo will carry over to the actual game.

Too bad though.

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Cyclop have 9 years

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (MagnAn @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 08:38)

QUOTE (@masseffect)

Too bad though.

That is kind of sh*tty. Though, maybe there will be a bonus for us who played the demo in the form of credits or a special weapon or something.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (Iminicus @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 22:04)
QUOTE (MagnAn @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 08:38)

QUOTE (@masseffect)

Too bad though.

That is kind of sh*tty. Though, maybe there will be a bonus for us who played the demo in the form of credits or a special weapon or something.

They'd have said. Demos always do this with multiplayer, I have no idea why people were expecting otherwise.

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:06 AM

I've never played any of the Mass Effect games before, but I've heard good things from friends, so I decided to give the demo a shot last night (even though I don't know the story and such). I actually enjoyed it, so now once I wrap up a few of the games I've been playing over the last while, I'll probably work my way through the first two Mass Effect games and then get the third (it'll likely be after the release of ME3).

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE (Fnorg @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 08:30)
I just unlocked a Krogan soldier and ended up in a lobby with this Indian kid. It was hilarious how he went "I hate Krogan soldiers so much" as I was walking around and headbutting everything.

It's so f*cking fun to heavy melee and shotgun everything in the face. And surprisingly effective.

Supreme.
  • Supreme.

• Members

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:14 AM Edited by Supreme., 21 February 2012 - 11:39 AM.

QUOTE (Icarus @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 04:06)
I'll probably work my way through the first two Mass Effect games and then get the third (it'll likely be after the release of ME3).

Was ready to facedesk.gif before I got to that bit. Please do play them in proper order! icon14.gif

Anyway, I just completed my last ME 1 & 2 run. Mighty tempting to try the demo but, nah, I want 3 to be as freshly impressing as possible since I've already ignored so much media.

Saw that trailer during The Walking Dead... ready to experience this thing! happy.gif

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 13:00)
QUOTE (Fnorg @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 08:30)

It's so f*cking fun to heavy melee and shotgun everything in the face. And surprisingly effective.

Hell yeah it is. I use the Assault Rifle though, not that I use it anyway since I'm busy melee-ing my way through the game. I AM KROGAN!

Anyone else got a Krogan Soldier on Xbox Live? Would be interesting to play as an all Krogan team.

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 11:19)
Anyone else got a Krogan Soldier on Xbox Live? Would be interesting to play as an all Krogan team.

Well as i said I have a Krogan Soldier and i'm on XBL so feel free to add me (Gamertag = Stylogic). I'm yet to play the MP in the demo with anyone who i semi-know so anyone on here who wants to play don't hesitate to add me and invite if you see me on.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (Minic @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 20:30)
QUOTE (mrpain @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 11:19)

Well as i said I have a Krogan Soldier and i'm on XBL so feel free to add me (Gamertag = Stylogic). I'm yet to play the MP in the demo with anyone who i semi-know so anyone on here who wants to play don't hesitate to add me and invite if you see me on.

Friend request sent wink.gif

The demo is the only thing I've been playing for the past five days or so. I don't really mind the MP in the full game to be exactly the same as the demo, even with just the two maps. I can't wait to fight Geth or Husks in MP instead of the same old Cerberus Troops.

Tyler
  • Tyler

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

• Unknown
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

Definitely loving the multiplayer. I was so unsure of it when it was first announced but they really made it work. Asari adept is just a monster, I get 50+ assists and kills, plus biotic kills just feel so good. I warp and throw everything around me with only a second or so of cool-down. The female vanguard works very well, too. Melee maestro.

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

I'm slightly annoyed now, due to a f*ck up on GAMEs end, i no longer have a pre-order for the N7 Edition, and there is no way of me getting it instore as i went and asked today, so i'm now stuck with the standard edition of the game. I'm pretty pissed off as I've had it pre-ordered practically since it was available. Ah well, at least i'll still get to play it, and i really wanted the Robot Dog as well.

Now i've just gotta hope they make all the collectors stuff available after realse somehow

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (Minic @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 16:09)
I'm slightly annoyed now, due to a f*ck up on GAMEs end, i no longer have a pre-order for the N7 Edition, and there is no way of me getting it instore as i went and asked today, so i'm now stuck with the standard edition of the game. I'm pretty pissed off as I've had it pre-ordered practically since it was available. Ah well, at least i'll still get to play it, and i really wanted the Robot Dog as well.

Now i've just gotta hope they make all the collectors stuff available after realse somehow

You should have done what I did, pre order it from two places tounge.gif

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:42 PM Edited by papanesta, 21 February 2012 - 06:06 PM.

QUOTE (Minic @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 16:09)

What the f*ck was their excuse? I've had it pre-ordered since the moment it was available, and I'd be raging if they did that.

Also, it was exclusive to GAME here.

EDIT: Full length trailer, even more epic:

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

f*ck my titties. That's got me hot under the collar. Just feels so epic, but I know the actual game is going to be 100 different kinds of epic.

Seriously pap, f*ck my titties

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:05 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 21 February 2012 - 07:17 PM.

For f*ck sake will someone f*ck this man's titties already?

It's an awesome trailer. Though Ashley shouldn't be in it because a lot of people let her die in ME1.
I can't wait for the actual launch trailer. ME2 launch trailer is one of my favorite trailers.

I don't understand Mass Effect haters. This trilogy pretty much revolutionized the way we see games and gaming. Some may think CoD or GTA are responsible for that, but they aren't. It's Mass Effect (and to a lesser extent Assassin's Creed when you think about it). Something big and good as Mass Effect doesn't happen often.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

Does anyone know if I really have to use origin to play it?

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 19:05)
It's an awesome trailer. Though Ashley shouldn't be in it because a lot of people let her die in ME1.

Well obviously this is the price they pay for making the wrong choice. Ashley may be a big ol' space-racist and annoyingly dogmatic, but she's a hell of an improvement over Kaiden "I've had issues in the past but I've already resolved them before meeting you so I don't need any input, thanks" Alenko. Dude's a nice guy, but "nice" isn't what I want in a video game character.

TL;DR Nuke Kaiden erryday.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

Who gives a sh*t, My Vin Diesel looking Shep plowed Miranda in ME2 and would take her in a second over Trashley. But doesn't matter, Garrus and Wrex as my wingmen forever.

Rusty Balls
  • Rusty Balls

love spuds

• The Precinct
  • Scotland

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 19:05)
This trilogy pretty much revolutionized the way we see games and gaming.

Lets not go crazy here.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (Jay @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 18:16)
f*ck my titties. That's got me hot under the collar. Just feels so epic, but I know the actual game is going to be 100 different kinds of epic.

Seriously pap, f*ck my titties

Oh I will, don't you worry.

Guns N R0se
  • Guns N R0se

King of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

I like Ashley because my Shepard is a pro-human racist. Go humanity! cool.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users