Photo

Mass Effect 3

2,478 replies to this topic
Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:54 PM

Upon seeing proper res images of the Sheps, I totally would have gone for number 1 over number 5. A pixie cut Short hair is more badass.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:25 PM

You can change who you voted for. All you do is "unlike" the one you voted for and "like" the new one. I can't see the point though it is becoming pretty clear that it doesn't matter which one you vote for as long as you scream like a little girl in the comments section that will be enough to invalidate the poll sarcasm.gif

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

femshep 3 looks the most "hardcore"

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (King Of Monra @ Monday, Aug 15 2011, 19:47)
femshep 3 looks the most "hardcore"

She was my favourite. Hot and hardcore.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:13 AM

Surprised nobody's talking about the announcement at Gamescom tomorrow of Multiplayer in ME3. Or lack of it.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:20 PM Edited by CharmingCharlie, 16 August 2011 - 03:23 PM.

Well the EA conference has been and gone and yep they featured Mass Effect 3 yeahhhhhhhhh. Although if you blinked you would have missed it. There was no uber announcement of any kind (some were expecting MP to be announced). All we saw was a new trailer set on a new level and we got to see the Atlas in action, if you think the YMIR's were a pain in the arse you haven't seen anything yet.

They have also released a few new screenshots (click the image for a bigger version) :-

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The game has been confirmed now for 6th March in the US and 9th March for the rest of the planet.

You can watch the EA conference trailer here :-

Games con is still running and there will no doubt be some new stuff forth coming over the next few days. BTW in case anyone missed it or isn't sure about it they have confirmed that it is "the start of the Galactic war" tounge2.gif

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

Not that there was any doubt about it, but this game is gonna f*cking rock. Combat looks way better than in ME2, and that game was a pretty awesome third-person shooter.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:32 PM

Loved the trailer. Fairly sure the flame kill from the Omni-Blade was my highlight.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

I will plonk the official squad leader trailer here :-

It is basically the same trailer but without Ray jabbering on tounge.gif

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:50 PM Edited by II J0SePh X II, 16 August 2011 - 04:57 PM.

oooh ya beat me to it. I was just on fb when it came up.

Just watched it in full, sounds like a new smg. or maybe ammo type.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:56 PM Edited by CharmingCharlie, 16 August 2011 - 08:01 PM.

Bioware have updated the N7Ops section of their website with a new location and new enemy :-

New Location = Tuchanka

New Enemy = Cerberus Centurion

New Weapon = The Atlas

There is no new mini game though I am afraid.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

The Atlas looks attractive, can't wait to use that thing.
Damn, this game looks f*cking awesome.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:24 PM

Bioware teased us with a new "femshep announcement" it seems that getting 32,000 votes wasn't enough to declare FemShep 5 the winner sarcasm.gif So now they are f*cking about with another round of voting. You can cast your vote here :-

http://www.facebook....11091644&type=1

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

Well it's just hair colour now. You're just unimpressed because blondie isn't winning. It's red head, followed by black hair last I checked.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:03 PM

Gimme dat Red.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 18:52)
Well it's just hair colour now. You're just unimpressed because blondie isn't winning. It's red head, followed by black hair last I checked.

Nope I am unimpressed because we were led to believe we were voting on the Femshep that would appear in the game. The first vote did not say "round 1" it gave no indication that there would be another vote. Had it been indicated that there would be more than 1 round of voting I would've actually voted differently in the first vote. Yes I like the hair colour but I can't stand the hairstyle. Now I would've been in favour of a second vote had the results been close. But they weren't FemShep 5 won with nearly twice the number of votes as the runner up. However a small minority did enough complaining to get another vote.

I personally won't be voting in this round, I don't see the point of voting again since if enough people complain Bioware will just do a "do over".

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:10 PM

I really don't want to see this game turn into shooting + dating sim. If I had a choice, I'd do away with the relationship bullsh*t that people seem to get off on, so long as it doesn't harm character the development and customization that I know and love from the game.

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 18:10)
I really don't want to see this game turn into shooting + dating sim. If I had a choice, I'd do away with the relationship bullsh*t that people seem to get off on, so long as it doesn't harm character the development and customization that I know and love from the game.

To be fair you don't even have to do a relationship, you could play through ME1 to 3 and not even bother with that aspect at all and just shoot alien bitches and save the galaxy.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 18:03)
QUOTE (papanesta @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 18:52)

Nope I am unimpressed because we were led to believe we were voting on the Femshep that would appear in the game. The first vote did not say "round 1" it gave no indication that there would be another vote. Had it been indicated that there would be more than 1 round of voting I would've actually voted differently in the first vote. Yes I like the hair colour but I can't stand the hairstyle. Now I would've been in favour of a second vote had the results been close. But they weren't FemShep 5 won with nearly twice the number of votes as the runner up. However a small minority did enough complaining to get another vote.

I personally won't be voting in this round, I don't see the point of voting again since if enough people complain Bioware will just do a "do over".

You voted for a hairstyle you hate? Now I'm really confused. That Shepard is the one you voted for, only now they've given an option for the hair colour. But f you'd known you could get blonde on one of the others, you'd have changed? Either way, like you basically said, changing your vote wouldn't have made a difference. That's life for you.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 19:26)
You voted for a hairstyle you hate? Now I'm really confused. That Shepard is the one you voted for, only now they've given an option for the hair colour. But f you'd known you could get blonde on one of the others, you'd have changed? Either way, like you basically said, changing your vote wouldn't have made a difference. That's life for you.

We were led to believe that the 6 femsheps were the ONLY ones we were going to get a vote on. I personally didn't think any of them were all that great. However FemShep 5 did have one attribute I liked which was of course the blonde hair. So I naturally voted for FemShep 5 because I wanted the blonde hair trait. The actual hairstyle whilst it didn't look too bad in the art work happens to look like utter sh*te in the actual game which is why I don't like the hairstyle.

Now had we been told that there would be a second round of voting to determine hair colour I would've voted differently. Now it may or may not have made a difference to the end result we will never know. The poll has been a royal f*ck up all things considered. Now I personally no longer care who the hell wins and would just like the damn voting over with so we can perhaps get to see what they actually intend to do with FemShep promotionally.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:52 PM

Agreed on the relationship stuff. I don't care if it's there or not to be honest. As long as the development of that doesn't detract from the development of the characters as a whole I couldn't care if it's there or not. Hell, I've completed the game a good 3 or 4 times and never gone all the way with any of the relationships (although I have seen and/or heard how they pretty much all go through forums and the like).

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 20:03)
Gimme dat Red.

Sir, yes sir! Redheads are the hottest. Everyone who thinks otherwise might as well be gay...or krogan, or both!

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 21:00)
Gimme dat Red.

Sir, yes sir! Redheads are the hottest. Everyone who thinks otherwise might as well be gay...or krogan, or both!

Personally I would say that depends on where you come from. It isn't unheard of for red headed people to be called "Ginger Mingers" which is a less than flattering term. I have personally never understood why people like red hair but then equally some would say "they can't understand why people like blonde hair". I think I can happily say I would rather be a gay Krogan than like ginger hair, that is just how repulsive I find that kind of hair colouring tounge.gif

If the second poll turns out in red hair sheps favour then there isn't much else to say. However I think there is a case to argue that this whole poll situation was a monumental f*ck up on Bioware's part and perhaps if they do something like this sh*t again they should put some thought into it.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 22:07)
QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 21:00)
Gimme dat Red.

Personally I would say that depends on where you come from. It isn't unheard of for red headed people to be called "Ginger Mingers" which is a less than flattering term.

Actually gingers are redheads with very light red color, almost orange. I like dark red. You know, like Scarlet Johansson had in Iron Man 2.

But it would be stupid of Bioware not to include all hairstyles and all hair colors in the game. We are just voting for a default FemShep that they will use in a trailer.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:45 PM Edited by CharmingCharlie, 21 August 2011 - 12:58 PM.

With Games Con now over you could be forgiven for thinking "WTF did they even do anything with Mass Effect 3". Even I had a hard time trying to follow any of the interviews and what not that happened at Games Con. So just incase you missed anything, Giantbomb have done a summary of ME 3 at Games Con :-

http://www.giantbomb...2011/35-510677/

Be warned there are "smallish" spoilers in that summary. However there are also some pretty cool bits n bobs that to me over ride any silly little spoilers you might want to slit your wrists over.

I thought the :-

Joker EDI romance is being "looked at".

Was particularly "face palm worthy", I understand Bioware likes to listen to fans but seriously that is really going a tad bit too far.

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:00 PM

I was under the imppression the whole point of character customization was so that you could make the character look however you wanted.

Who gives a f*cking sh*t what the basic one is? Their supposed to look like ass as far as I'm concerned.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:02 PM Edited by mrpain, 21 August 2011 - 01:18 PM.

Charles, thanks for making that Metric video for me

Now onto the ME3 link you just posted. There are some points that are spoilerific but really just minor spoilers. Though don't read it if you don't wanna know about the ME2 characters.

Some interesting things that got my attention. Don't worry no spoilers, I just picked out the best of the best.

They are considering an Uber achievement for all three games. What that is exactly is they don't know, but they want to reward their long term fans.
XP system goes back to ME1. No details but they won't do the mission summary XP from ME2.
Squad mates appearances and armor will be possible to customize again.
James Vega's voice actor will be announced really soon and is apparently a closely guarded secret, since he's really awesome.
There may be a 'special' import for saves where Shepard died. The interest is clearly too big for them to simply ignore such a treat.
Miranda will be back and has unfinished business with Shepard.
ME3 will make you cry!

Did I mention that I loved the fire Heavy Melee attack? Seriously it looks f*cking cool!

EDIT: And for those of you all too lazy
http://www.youtube.c...&v=eoOaTf2haMU#!

I admit I'm getting a wee bit tired of seeing that mission again and again. But there are some cool scenes with the whole brand new level up screen and the weapon bench.

I would actually like to see more dialouge scenes rather than combat scenes.

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:21 PM

I'll be importing my me1+2 save, so it doesn't matter how the standard look is, as I'll be using the one i "made" anyway.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (baptiste @ Sunday, Aug 21 2011, 14:00)
I was under the imppression the whole point of character customization was so that you could make the character look however you wanted.

Who gives a f*cking sh*t what the basic one is? Their supposed to look like ass as far as I'm concerned.

The femshep farce erm "poll" is primarily designed to decide the "promotional" face of femshep. The winner will appear in the femshep trailer they are planning and she will also appear on the back of the Collector Edition box. She will also be a high res "pre-set" in the same way that Sheploo is in the game. So whilst I was never going to use the default femshep in my game (prefer my femshep from ME 1 and 2) there are advantages to having a decent looking femshep though.

QUOTE (mrpain @ Sunday, Aug 21 2011, 14:02)
Charles, thanks for making that Metric video for me

Glad you liked the vid it was a pleasure to do. You are right there isn't anything majorly spoilerific in that summary but some consider anything other than the "release date" counts as a spoiler tounge2.gif . Reading through the summary there are a fair few decent things and there are some truly "oh for f*ck sake" things. I really don't think ME 3 was "show cased" well at Games Con though, that combat trailer was awful (just look at the Liara and Garrus running animations).

QUOTE (mrpain @ Sunday, Aug 21 2011, 14:02)
I admit I'm getting a wee bit tired of seeing that mission again and again.

I would actually like to see more dialouge scenes rather than combat scenes.

I 100% agree with you there, I think the Sur'kesh demo out lived it's useful life about 2 conventions ago tounge2.gif . I would have loved to have seem more of the Earth level and of course some of the dialogue would have been a nice surprise (I am more into the story of ME than the actual gameplay)

Anyway next up is PAX starting on the 26th August which is 5 days from now :-

http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule.php

I wouldn't expect anything too major from ME 3 at PAX but you never know. I think it is safe to say the Sur'kesh demo will be flogged to hell and back again though. Obviously they will announce the winner of the femshep farce "poll" but I can't see them having any new footage to show.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:53 PM

Some new stuff has been added to the N7 Ops site:

Thessia (Asari Homeworld)

Cerberus Trooper

Falcon Assault Rifle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users