Mass Effect 3

2,529 replies to this topic
MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (Robinski @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 14:35)
I hope the facial customisation comes along as much as it did from ME1 to ME2 again. It wasn't so bad with MaleShep, but it seemed to me with FemShep you could only ever get someone who looked like they'd sucked on a lemon about a minute ago (that is, not completely sour-faced, but pretty close) and the default face. Or maybe I'm not just good with the creator thing.

I thought I was the only one who's Femshep looked like that, glad to see im not alone. Though my friends first fem shep was pretty bad, looked like a deformed Jodie Foster, but it was kinda good for the LOLs. I made allot of jokes about if there was a Mass Effect movie and Sheppard was female, Jodie Foster would be the actress. (He finely changed her looks though)

As for those Fmesheps I'd say I'd go with number 5.

gamefarter
  • gamefarter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:11 AM

I think I like 5 too, but I think 6 has the best body by far sarcasm.gif

MagnAn
  • MagnAn

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:18 AM

I'm not sure which one I like best, I think I would go for 5, but I don't really like the blond look.
Glad to see they've included longer hairstyles though.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 09:53)
The default femshep from previous games was cool

Exactly, why ditch Jane? She was almost perfect. But meh, 5 is okay, am actually quite shocked at this huge announcement. And I'm huge fan of redheads, they are so sexy.

One thing that has always bug me for the character creation thingy is the lack of hairstyles. I've seen many PC MODS of different hairstyles and those look awesome. Here's hoping for ponytails.

Our avatars are siblings Charles. Nice to see you change it at last.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

I thought I would post these pics since they have been floating around on Bioware's "forum" and some here might not have seen them. Nothing exciting just high res views of the femshep faces :-

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Those are the only three that have surfaced so far, if I come across any more (very bad pun there) I will shove them in here. At the moment it seems that the public face of Femshep will be No. 5 (the blonde) so far No. 5 has attracted nearly 25,000 likes and a fair amount of abject hatred as well it seems mercie_blink.gif

There isn't really a hell of a lot of differences in the femsheps except for hair colour and style :-

user posted image

At the end of the day I sure as hell am not gonna ditch my femshep for the default one (my do one playthrough with the new default). But I am certainly not going to object to seeing femshep No.5 on the CE box and I will enjoy seeing No.5 in the forthcoming trailer.

QUOTE (mrpain @ Tuesday, Jul 26 2011, 13:25)
One thing that has always bug me for the character creation thingy is the lack of hairstyles. I've seen many PC MODS of different hairstyles and those look awesome. Here's hoping for ponytails.

Oddly enough I believe the hairstyles we are seeing on the femsheps are actually already in the game, they are just re worked slightly. So they have obviously beefed up the hair in ME 3 (several tweets have hinted at that as well).

QUOTE (mrpain @ Tuesday, Jul 26 2011, 13:25)
Our avatars are siblings Charles. Nice to see you change it at last.

Who wants to bet one of the first mods for ME 3 will be Default Maleshep and Default femshep getting it on in the engine room tounge.gif

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

I want to have sex with Dr Chakwas.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Tuesday, Jul 26 2011, 15:58)
I want to have sex with Dr Chakwas.

I definitely would. She has more personality than most of the female characters. She's a fox as well, and probably a cougar.

I think this voting defeats the purpose of putting Fem Shep on the cover, as there was already a default model. But whatever, I think I voted for 3, the long haired brunette.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Fascist, Loofa-faced s**t-gibbon.

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:41 AM

If the game is RPG then why there's a voting at all? Couldn't they put all 6 (and more) in game and let the player to decide?

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Wednesday, Jul 27 2011, 09:41)
If the game is RPG then why there's a voting at all? Couldn't they put all 6 (and more) in game and let the player to decide?

Nope, because what this is about is pre release media.

A lot of fans have been asking for - or complaining about - the lack of a female Shepard during the promotion of the first two games. For ME3 their will be a FemShep trailer and other promo material. People can vote for what she'll look like, and you'll be able to play as her in the game.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:05 AM

Like seriously, who cares? We already have our character creation thingy so I don't see what's the big deal. And isn't all the default FemSheps that has been shown playable? The one who wins gets the cover and has the chance to be a star of a trailer only right?

I know you got no interest in this game whatsoever Street Mix, but really, get your facts right.

In my opinion, this voting thing is not necessary at all. Sure it's a great way to interact with fans but why not go with good ol' default redhead from ME1-2? Bioware rarely market her.

Ah well, whatever it is, the first Shepard I'm bringing into action default MaleShep since he's on the cover and therefore branded the canon main character. Next will be Charlie's blondie tounge.gif

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Members

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Wednesday, Jul 27 2011, 12:05)
In my opinion, this voting thing is not necessary at all. Sure it's a great way to interact with fans but why not go with good ol' default redhead from ME1-2? Bioware rarely market her.

Cause the default FemShep from 1 and 2 is ugly as f*ck.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (AreXi @ Wednesday, Jul 27 2011, 18:09)
QUOTE (mrpain @ Wednesday, Jul 27 2011, 12:05)

Cause the default FemShep from 1 and 2 is ugly as f*ck.

How dare you! She's my second favorite FemShep! Though I only have three FemSheps tounge.gif

Bioware have already stuck by their default MaleShep for the whole trilogy and their ditching redheady for the third one. WHERE'S THE COMMITMENT??? Least they could do is put her on the cover, but it's nothing to get so mad about anyway.

Hope they ship in other default MaleSheps for us to play as though. Don't be so sexist Bioware.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:11 PM

I wouldn't get too hung up on who wins this competition. Remember it is only a competition to decide the PUBLIC face of femshep, she will appear in the femshep trailer and will appear on the CE version of the box art (not the standard version). You will still have access to old default shep and you will still be able to create your own custom shep.

It is my belief they were all created with the editor (unlike sheploo) and the artwork we are seeing is based off that creation. So even if they are not included as "presets" it should be easy to recreate the appearances. If you don't have much luck with the creator then it won't take long for some one to come up with face codes for the shep presets.

Having said that it is nice to see Blondie winning biggrin.gif probably hit over 30,000 by the end of today. Anyway to the reason why I am here. I saw this interview with Jennifer Hale (we are not worthy) and thought some might be interested in it (there are no spoilers for ME 3) you even get to find out which femshep Jennifer prefers.

http://www.rockpaper...er-hale-speaks/

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:05 PM

Glad to see that 5 is still winning.

I might have to ditch my current Femshep when this comes out. Ok I proboly won't go that far cause I like my fem shep, but on a second female play though I might use her.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:13 PM

Well Blonde Femshep has still yet to hit 30,000 votes (about 800 away). I guess voting has pretty much slowed down to a crawl now. It can't be long before Bioware declaire Blonde Femshep the winner icon14.gif .

Now whilst I am here there is a small bit of news regarding Kinect integration. During E3 it seems there were rumours circulating that we didn't see "all" that Kinect was going to offer in Mass Effect 3. Well tada guess what ? we did see all that Kinect has to offer in ME 3 at E3. There will be no motion controlled galaxy map and you won't be able to control the Normandy by running around with your arms outstretched and making airplane noises (come on admit it you wanted too). This is what Casey Hudson said :-

QUOTE (Casey Hudson)
A total and fundamental integration of Kinect would really require us to design a game from the ground up specifically for that experience, and with the 3rd title in a series it wasnít the time to re-invent how people play our game," Hudson explained. "But we did see the voice control as a definite value-add, and with Kinect itís relatively easy for us to implement.

source

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:08 PM

There is a new Bioware Pulse episode up for viewing (Number 25). This episode is looking at level design and we get to see a NEW level in production. The level seems to be some sort of "hanger" bay. If you are interested in watching it then go here :-

http://www.livestrea...medium=ui-thumb

There are no spoilers from what I can tell, it was a pretty interesting watch though and at only 3mins long it doesn't take too much time to watch it.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:59 AM

Saw it. The host, can't stand him. That chick was pretty hot though.

When I looked at those ships, all I could think was Star Wars fighters.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Friday, Aug 5 2011, 05:59)
Saw it. The host, can't stand him. That chick was pretty hot though.

When I looked at those ships, all I could think was Star Wars fighters.

Yeah, I was expecting to see Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader scrapping in the corner

Hope we get to do some space fighting, but I guess that'd be way over the budget.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:25 AM

So I just played that minigame on Bioware's website. The music definitely reminded me of Clint Massel's work in Requiem of A Dream.

The one thing I'm looking forward to is the music. Clint is excellent! He made the music for one of my favorite movies, Moon! Can't wait to see what he has in store.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

Games con is about to get underway and Mass Effect 3 will be covered tomorrow. There is a rumour they are doing something with femshep at Games con (unfortunately it seems like it will be yet another f*cking poll). Meanwhile if you are interested in a desktop background of your favourite femshep they now have detailed high res pics up :-

http://masseffect.co...dia/wallpapers/

I already have FemShep 5 as my background biggrin.gif

So it is all kicking off tomorrow, just a word of caution though do not expect much in the way of new footage. It seems Bioware are determined to flog the hell out of Suck' Kesh sur' kesh. We will apparently see a longer version of the Sur'kesh demo this time around though. So maybe just maybe we might actually get to see more of the level past that damn atlas cutscene.

Padmasana
  • Padmasana

say wha?

• The Connection

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:09 PM

FemShep #4 is pretty hot.

BACKGROUNDED.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:54 PM

Upon seeing proper res images of the Sheps, I totally would have gone for number 1 over number 5. A pixie cut Short hair is more badass.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:25 PM

You can change who you voted for. All you do is "unlike" the one you voted for and "like" the new one. I can't see the point though it is becoming pretty clear that it doesn't matter which one you vote for as long as you scream like a little girl in the comments section that will be enough to invalidate the poll sarcasm.gif

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

femshep 3 looks the most "hardcore"

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (King Of Monra @ Monday, Aug 15 2011, 19:47)
femshep 3 looks the most "hardcore"

She was my favourite. Hot and hardcore.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:13 AM

Surprised nobody's talking about the announcement at Gamescom tomorrow of Multiplayer in ME3. Or lack of it.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:20 PM Edited by CharmingCharlie, 16 August 2011 - 03:23 PM.

Well the EA conference has been and gone and yep they featured Mass Effect 3 yeahhhhhhhhh. Although if you blinked you would have missed it. There was no uber announcement of any kind (some were expecting MP to be announced). All we saw was a new trailer set on a new level and we got to see the Atlas in action, if you think the YMIR's were a pain in the arse you haven't seen anything yet.

They have also released a few new screenshots (click the image for a bigger version) :-

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The game has been confirmed now for 6th March in the US and 9th March for the rest of the planet.

You can watch the EA conference trailer here :-

Games con is still running and there will no doubt be some new stuff forth coming over the next few days. BTW in case anyone missed it or isn't sure about it they have confirmed that it is "the start of the Galactic war" tounge2.gif

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

Not that there was any doubt about it, but this game is gonna f*cking rock. Combat looks way better than in ME2, and that game was a pretty awesome third-person shooter.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:32 PM

Loved the trailer. Fairly sure the flame kill from the Omni-Blade was my highlight.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

I will plonk the official squad leader trailer here :-

It is basically the same trailer but without Ray jabbering on tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users