Mass Effect 3

2,478 replies to this topic
The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:03 PM

That Vega character looks so generic. Is that really the best they could come up with?

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:03 PM

One of my most persistent complaints about this series - the generic, boring default human characters they shove onto us in the beginning of the games. I couldn't care less about Kaidan, Ashley, Miranda or Jacob. Incredibly boring cookie-cutter characters, all of them. A bit of a shame. It seems they're set to repeat this in ME3 with Vega and whoever the female default bore will turn out to be.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:54 PM

Couple of interesting Tweets:

QUOTE (CaseyDHudson Casey Hudson)
Lots of questions on the CE appearances image. It's an early mockup for color - faces etc aren't final, in particular James and Liara.

Also lots of questions about Ashley. We've only showed her in a jacket outfit & its CE variant. She will also have full armor and helmet.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (jelly @ Tuesday, Jul 5 2011, 22:03)
One of my most persistent complaints about this series - the generic, boring default human characters they shove onto us in the beginning of the games. I couldn't care less about Kaidan, Ashley, Miranda or Jacob. Incredibly boring cookie-cutter characters, all of them. A bit of a shame. It seems they're set to repeat this in ME3 with Vega and whoever the female default bore will turn out to be.

Hey I love Miranda as a character! The other humans are generic as you say but there's something about Miranda that I like about. And not because of her busty assets.

The f*ck? James sporting a mohawk? And from the looks of it he has a soul patch. I'm sorry but he's too douchebaggy to be in my squad. Bets on that he's a sniper class guy.

Ashely...oh god Ashley... What did they ever let her hair down? Can't believe I prefer her boyish hairstyle better.

Liara's armor isn't that bad, it's just the colors that are bad.

Kaidan's armor is actually pretty rocking.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Wednesday, Jul 6 2011, 12:22)
The f*ck? James sporting a mohawk? And from the looks of it he has a soul patch. I'm sorry but he's too douchebaggy to be in my squad. Bets on that he's a sniper class guy.

I was hoping they will make a Han Solo type of character. God knows we could use someone like that in Mass Effect.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Wednesday, Jul 6 2011, 13:26)
QUOTE (mrpain @ Wednesday, Jul 6 2011, 12:22)

I was hoping they will make a Han Solo type of character. God knows we could use someone like that in Mass Effect.

That'd be ace. Right not James looks like human Grunt. Not like this, Bioware.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:48 PM Edited by papanesta, 06 July 2011 - 10:40 PM.

I can understand you guys being diappointed with the characters, even though I never have been myself, but what were you honestly expecting from the appearance pack? All the previous ones were rubbish, bar maybe one armour. biggrin.gif

Edit: More Casey Tweets:

Will we show Tali's face in #ME3? We locked down our approach long ago, but you'll have to wait until March to find out what it is.

For the next set of #MassEffect3 screenshots, what are you hoping to see most? Ashley in armor? A first look at James Vega? Something else?

First look? Interesting...

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Wednesday, Jul 6 2011, 16:48)
but what were you honestly expecting from the appearance pack? All the previous ones were rubbish, bar maybe one armour. biggrin.gif

Granted Bioware's history with appearance packs leaves a lot to be desired. However the thing that separates man from the monkey is our ability to learn from our mistakes. It seems Bioware are a bunch of damn monkies tounge.gif

I saw Casey's tweets about screen shots, I went for "Ashley in Armour" and "Normandy Interior" I am not all that bothered about Ashley in Armour I just want a screen shot to shut other people up tounge.gif But I really would love to see what the new Normandy interior looks like.

Anyway I saw a post by the cuddly diplomatic Chris Priestly earlier today. He posted a news article called "10 must know facts". Now ordinarily I wouldn't post it here but I find it strange that Chris posted this in the official announcement forum. I get the impression that some of what will happen in Mass Effect 3 is related to the books/comics.

So for those of you that haven't read the books/comics here is the article :-

http://www.newsarama...3-110707-1.html

Naturally there will be spoilers in that article with relation to the books and comics. I don't know if there are ME 3 spoilers but there might be some "set up" spoilers for ME 3. In short if you want to be safe and not sorry don't read the article.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:29 AM

I read that. Someone posted it on my Facebook page.

I would love to see Kahlee Sanders at least makes an appearance in Mass Effect 3. She's really the other important human character.

Didn't know that Kai Leng is confirmed to be in ME3. Wonder how that battle is going to be like.

What I'm more interested in is Aria and what her role is in ME3. It was quite a shocker when it was revealed that she had a daughter who was then brutally murdered. Me want more don't f*ck with Aria.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Saturday, Jul 9 2011, 02:29)
Didn't know that Kai Leng is confirmed to be in ME3. Wonder how that battle is going to be like.

Yep it was revealed in the Game Informer article, they even have a concept drawing of what Kai Leng will look like :-

http://i.imgur.com/XHHuV.jpg

I too would love to see Kahlee Sanders in ME3 I get the feeling though it won't happen. My only worry is that they will bring that bloody Gillian Grayson into the game and I will totally facepalm if they make her a squad mate.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:48 PM Edited by mrpain, 09 July 2011 - 04:51 PM.

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Saturday, Jul 9 2011, 23:44)
QUOTE (mrpain @ Saturday, Jul 9 2011, 02:29)

Yep it was revealed in the Game Informer article, they even have a concept drawing of what Kai Leng will look like :-

http://i.imgur.com/XHHuV.jpg

I too would love to see Kahlee Sanders in ME3 I get the feeling though it won't happen. My only worry is that they will bring that bloody Gillian Grayson into the game and I will totally facepalm if they make her a squad mate.

Yuck! I expected Kai Leng to look more badass and not just some hobo.

As for Gillian, I failed to see her as a grown up already. It's only been a few years! Hoping they won't turn her into another Jack.

Forgot to mention this but there's a huge spoiler about Cerberus in that top 10 things Charles posted. So don't read it if you don't wanna get spoilt.

I claimed this page.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:24 PM

Yay!

I personally didn't notice this Tweet, but read about it after.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:12 PM

user posted image

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Friday, Jul 8 2011, 18:29)
What I'm more interested in is Aria and what her role is in ME3. It was quite a shocker when it was revealed that she had a daughter who was then brutally murdered. Me want more don't f*ck with Aria.

Same here, I really hope Aria has a role in 3, of equal or greater importance than her role in the previous installment.

Now about that tweet regarding Tali's face, it'd be nice if they showed it, I mean the suspense is killing me.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:35 PM

This is technically not ME 3 news but I thought I would shove it here. As you may or may not know there has been a series of comics (ok 2 of them) involving the Mass Effect Universe and for the next 24 hours you can read these comics online free of charge. This is being done as part of the promotional stuff for comic con. So if you have never read the comics and you are curious then just go here :-

https://digital.dark....com/browse/11/

Just click on the Read Now link to read the comics

The servers are being hammered slightly at the moment so you need to show a tad bit of patience

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:58 AM

Thanks for the link Charlie, they where a good read man. icon14.gif

Got me even more pumped to get the game then I all ready am.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:06 AM

Well we were asked what we wanted to see next, most people asked for Ashley in Armour. Naturally Bioware totally ignored that and gave us another pic of James Vegas (well at least it isn't another generic screen shot of Cerberus troops again tounge.gif ). In order to celebrate the fact that Casey Hudson now has 10,000 stalkers on twitter he released this pic :-

(click image for bigger pic)
user posted image

I am as convinced as ever that James Vega will be carrying out a crucial role in the Reaper fight during my play throughs. He will be sat on board the Normandy polishing the boots for all the other squad mates tounge2.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:20 AM

Can he BE more generic?

read that with a Chandler Bing voice for full pleasure.

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:36 AM

Despite him looking Generic as all hell, I may end up using him in combat as I like to use each squadmate at least once. He could be quite an apt meat shield as well.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE (Minic @ Saturday, Jul 16 2011, 08:36)
Despite him looking Generic as all hell, I may end up using him in combat as I like to use each squadmate at least once. He could be quite an apt meat shield as well.

You might have to shield your own meat. He looks like he wants to take you to a gay bar.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:11 AM Edited by papanesta, 19 July 2011 - 03:20 AM.

Enough of the negativity!

QUOTE (trutriciahelfer Tricia Helfer)
Off to play EDI in #MassEffect3 today. Might get to finally work with @SethGreen for a little bit too, instead of always solo in the booth.

QUOTE (SethGreen Seth Green)
Joined by the awesome @TruTriciaHelfer for our 2nd round of #ME3 records. You guys are gonna be REALLY happy. http://twitpic.com/5sah74

QUOTE (SethGreen Seth Green)
Great to see you! RT @trutriciahelfer: http://yfrog.com/kleksqij Joker & EDI cutting up at #MassEffect3

Guess there will still be time for comedy...

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:22 AM

Looks like Seth Green got what he wanted in ME2, some actual time with Tricia Helfer as opposed to having separate recording sessions. tounge.gif

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:50 AM

There will be comedy, laughter, song...and dance!

user posted image

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:57 AM

While Vega does look generic, I wouldn't judge a book by its cover. I'm quite positive that BioWare can manage to create a good story for him.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:45 PM

The ME 3 website has been updated with new sections and new information. I won't post the info here but let people decide if they wish to read the new info :-

The new sections are :-
  • Conflict Zones - descriptions of the various hot war zones. At the moment only Thessia is detailed.
  • Enemy Recon - descriptions of the various enemies at the moment there is only info on the good old Cerberus Trooper
  • Weapons Details - Description of the new weapons currently only1 weapon on there called the Falcon Assault Rifle (pity it wasn't a pistol then we could have had F.A.P tounge.gif )
  • Cognitive Interactive Applications - bunch of mini games. Just one mini game at the moment called Pod Training and it is quite erm interesting.
More info is likely to be forth coming since Bioware are making a big thing about Comic Con. There is even meant to be a huge announcement on the 23rd (most are betting it is multiplayer).

Sicologikal
  • Sicologikal

Shark

• Members

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Thursday, Jul 21 2011, 20:45)
The ME 3 website has been updated with new sections and new information. I won't post the info here but let people decide if they wish to read the new info :-

I hope they don't announce multiplayer, i'd settle for a beta!

P.S Love your ME3 + Gimme Shelter video Charlie!

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:59 AM

Music's brilliant in Pod Training. It's got that 80's vibe that ME1 had that ME2 didn't. I always feel as if I'm going back a helluva lot more than 4 years when I play ME1.

I did recognise Awesome Name @ #9 on the L/boards from the Bioware forums.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:18 PM

Been away from the forums, thus been away from all the juicy info on ME3. Gonna catch that pod minigame later.

Vega, damn that Vega. I'm sorry but I can't see him fitting in with the already confirmed characters. He's a douche!

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (Sicologikal @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 00:13)
P.S Love your ME3 + Gimme Shelter video Charlie!

Glad you like the vid icon14.gif a new one is going up soon (probably next week).

Right the big announcement, they just made it 5 mins ago and they announced something we already knew ................. suicidal.gif but it wasn't a total bummer they added a little bit of new info.

The big announcement was NOT multiplayer (Casey appears to have shot that down in an earlier Q&A). Nope the announcement was that they are going to do MORE with femshep in the run up to Mass Effect 3 and they are giving us the choice of what femshep will look like. The winning femshep will be the default femshep in the game, appear on the CE edition and appear in the femshep trailer they are making.

Here are the six femsheps :-

user posted image
user posted image

You can vote for your preferred femshep (number 5 you know you want it) here :-

http://www.facebook.com/masseffect

Just "like" the femshep you want (No. 5) I have naturally already voted for No. 5 so if you can stand being on facebook then vote for your fave femshep (No. 5) tounge2.gif

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:53 AM

They are terrible. 6 and 4 are the least offensive, but still.

The default femshep from previous games was cool, I'm surprised they didn't go for a small make-over for her, like Ash. I have 2 default femshep saves, I'm guessing I'll be continuing with her, and the winner will be only for people starting a new game at ME3?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users