Mass Effect 3

2,492 replies to this topic
Commander Shepard
  • Commander Shepard

II J0SePh X II

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ May 16 2011, 16:45)
QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ May 15 2011, 22:35)
and Garrus who was beaten severely with the ugly stick.

I think Garrus has a majestic beauty. Just putting that out there.

We share a scene in ME3 that gives a whole new meaning to the word 'brofist'.

It'll make your eyes water.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:16 PM

So, this recent news keeps getting more intriguing:

QUOTE (Casey Hudson on Twitter)
CaseyDHudson Casey Hudson
Some game sites saying "previously straight chars now available for both m&f chars" not necessarily true. Will have some new LI's in #ME3

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:18 PM Edited by Robinski, 16 May 2011 - 08:19 PM.

So Kaidan will still pussy out if offered a threesome with Liara and FemShep? It's like they want him to be boring as sh*t.

E: Not that it matters. He gets nuked every single time.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:23 PM

To me, all of the token humans you get at the start have been utterly uncompelling. In the first game, there was the racist with the annoying voice, and the bland dude with a stubble beard. In the second, a self-obsessed bimbo and a bland dude with.. he had a stubble beard too didn't he?

It's like they made them to make sure nobody would dislike them, in turn causing nobody to care about them. All the aliens are way more interesting than these.

Oh well. It looks like we'll have an Alliance soldier, and probably another boring chick to match the previous games, in ME3. At the cost of our old squad mates, since they've said they're going to reduce the squad size this time around. sigh.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (jelly @ May 16 2011, 22:23)
In the second, a self-obsessed bimbo

Yeah, but the bimbo had a nice ass and nice melons. Apparently gamers like that. I on the other hand actually felt my intelligence being offended.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:38 PM

The only meaningful bit of actual character that they gave Miranda was in a text file at the end of LotSB. It felt like some sort of repentance for leaving a character so ripe for development as some throwaway piece of decoration and asset for gratuitous ass-shots..

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:11 AM

Oh C'mon, the human characters were not that bad.

I like Ashley tomboy personality in ME1. I find her quite cute actually.
Kaiden, as for him, can't say much about him. He's a loyal son of a bitch thats for sure.
Miranda's one of my favourite characters. Her backstory is really sad and she's my male Sheperds future wife.

Jacob can keep kissing my ass all he wants but he ain't gonna get any love for me. He shall die a shameful death.\

As for the same-sex romace, I'm okay with it. Just give me a decent lesbian chick.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (Robinski @ May 16 2011, 15:38)
asset for gratuitous ass-shots..

Noticed that too, did you? tounge.gif

I know it's just all conveniently arranged pixels, but they did a damn fine job. She really was boring as a person though. Nothing but self obsessed dialog spewed forth as a thinly veiled attempt at grabbing compliments from Shepard.

Yeah, I have to agree the human characters didn't motivate me at all (bar Jack/Kasumi). If given the choice I would likely sacrifice the lot of them over any of the alien crew. Although I might keep Kaiden around. Even though he is as bland as the color beige, he does keep his mouth shut and doesn't bitch about every. little. thing. Or fill me in about details pertaining to his father (estranged or otherwise) and his sisters as if I give a sh*t.

I really hope we don't get stuck with Miranda or Jacob over any more interesting party members. Both however were romance-able in ME2. So it's likely to happen being this is the final game and all. People would bitch if Bioware decided to put their love on the shelf...

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:29 PM

Possible NEW female squadmate for ME 3 will be a character called Vigilante, the voice actress will be Emily Hopkins (no I aint every heard of her either). Here is a pic :-

user posted image

source

Commander Shepard
  • Commander Shepard

II J0SePh X II

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ May 22 2011, 19:29)
Possible NEW female squadmate for ME 3 will be a character called Vigilante, the voice actress will be Emily Hopkins (no I aint every heard of her either). Here is a pic :-

user posted image

source

Charlie?

You're making me feel all jealous...and hot!

Why don't you come up to my cabin?

Just you...

...me...

...and a bucket of omnigel.

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ May 22 2011, 19:29)
Possible NEW female squadmate for ME 3 will be a character called Vigilante, the voice actress will be Emily Hopkins (no I aint every heard of her either).  Here is a pic :-

user posted image

source

She's mostly known for doing stunts.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:02 PM

There has been some interesting talk on Twatter ( jelly) today. Most people have been following the usual suspects on twitter but there is also a Bioware marketing guy tweeting some interesting stuff in relation to femshep marketing. What makes this unusual is the fact they are even mentioning femshep, before it was a case of "femshep she does not exist, la la la la la la la la la". Anyway the guy tweeted last night :-

QUOTE (David Silverman)
Who else wants to see a #FemShep trailer in #ME3? Now's your chance to speak up.

Naturally when he got up he had a "few" responses :-

QUOTE (David Silverman)
Wow. Woke up to 100s of "@dsilvermanea release #FemShep trailer" msgs. Guess you guys want to see that. I RT a post from @eudaemonium...

Then he followed it up with this :-

QUOTE (David Silverman)
Would you guys be interested in a #FemShep trailer competition? We post a bunch of raw footage and you create trailers to win prizes! #ME3

So not only are they actually going to consider a femshep trailer now (although main marketing focus will obviously be maleshep) but there is a pretty good chance they will run a competition to let fans design the trailer biggrin.gif . Now even I will admit that is f*cking cool and would definitely take a stab at it.

If you want to follow David Silverman on twitter then here is the addy :-

http://twitter.com/#!/dsilvermanea

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:26 PM

SethGreen Seth Green
by CaseyDHudson
Recorded my first 4 hours- 8 to go. No spoilers, but it's even better than you think. #MassEffect3 http://twitpic.com/516uh6

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:40 PM

Here is a bit of "interesting" news for ya, at the moment this is still a rumour but the source of all this seems to be the EA Store. It seems the Xbox 360 version of Mass Effect 3 will be "Kinect Compatible". I have no idea what the hell that means since I own neither an Xbox or a cheap shoddy 5 buck camera in a fancy case with 2 buck tilt motor tounge.gif .

It seems someone at the EA store put up the front cover pic too early :-

user posted image

As you can see there is a clear purple banding on the case that says "Better with Kinect" (yeah right Microsoft in your dreams). The image has since been pulled from the store and there is no word on whether the PS3 version will have Move support. You can read more about the rumour here :-

http://www.insidekin...ct-support.html

Aside from the Kinect stuff it appears that is going to be the official box art for ME 3.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:17 AM

Without reading the link, I wouldn't be surprised if it was for face importing, rather than reading movements

Rockworm
  • Rockworm

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Jun 1 2011, 23:40)
Here is a bit of "interesting" news for ya, at the moment this is still a rumour but the source of all this seems to be the EA Store. It seems the Xbox 360 version of Mass Effect 3 will be "Kinect Compatible". I have no idea what the hell that means since I own neither an Xbox or a cheap shoddy 5 buck camera in a fancy case with 2 buck tilt motor tounge.gif .

user posted image

As you can see there is a clear purple banding on the case that says "Better with Kinect" (yeah right Microsoft in your dreams). The image has since been pulled from the store and there is no word on whether the PS3 version will have Move support. You can read more about the rumour here :-

Aside from the Kinect stuff it appears that is going to be the official box art for ME 3.

You can mock Kinect all you want but its very popular for some reason.
All that moving around is alien to me. I play games cause I'm lazy this is the opposite to it.

I'll never forget when I was buying my PS3 at gamestop back in september last year and the guy said if your interested in the playstation move we....
I didn't let him finish I just laughed.

I'm not surprised so many people want femshep in a trailer. The demand for a Femhawke video before DA2s release was HUGE.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (Rockworm @ Jun 2 2011, 02:17)
QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Jun 1 2011, 23:40)
Here is a bit of "interesting" news for ya, at the moment this is still a rumour but the source of all this seems to be the EA Store.  It seems the Xbox 360 version of Mass Effect 3 will be "Kinect Compatible".  I have no idea what the hell that means since I own neither an Xbox or a cheap shoddy 5 buck camera in a fancy case with 2 buck tilt motor  tounge.gif .

user posted image

As you can see there is a clear purple banding on the case that says "Better with Kinect" (yeah right Microsoft in your dreams).  The image has since been pulled from the store and there is no word on whether the PS3 version will have Move support.  You can read more about the rumour here :-

You can mock Kinect all you want but its very popular for some reason.
All that moving around is alien to me. I play games cause I'm lazy this is the opposite to it.

I'll never forget when I was buying my PS3 at gamestop back in september last year and the guy said if your interested in the playstation move we....
I didn't let him finish I just laughed.

I'm not surprised so many people want femshep in a trailer. The demand for a Femhawke video before DA2s release was HUGE.

There are a lot of things I don't understand about ME fanbase. I'm a big fan myself, but what's with the Tali obsession?

Rockworm
  • Rockworm

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:31 AM

LOL if you hang around Bioware social network long enough you'll start wondering if your the only earthling on there.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:54 AM

Tali's popularity is pretty easy to understand. A large percentage (compared to other games) of ME fans are young women/girls, and a bit geeky (and I don't mean any offence by that). It's understandable that thay're going to identify with the shy, awkward (bit geeky) tech expert.

Rockworm
  • Rockworm

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Jun 2 2011, 05:54)
Tali's popularity is pretty easy to understand. A large percentage (compared to other games) of ME fans are young women/girls, and a bit geeky (and I don't mean any offence by that). It's understandable that thay're going to identify with the shy, awkward (bit geeky) tech expert.

That has nothing to do with it.

if you have a weak stomach then forget this part but.
Google Talimancer some of the stuff is disturbing.
Hell there was a thread at the bioware forums that was saying the reveal of her face better not be even close to human because that umm won't be sexy...
Yeah I've heard people say Garrus is sexy and they were serious.
But the Talimancers are the scariest. You talk bad about Tali in their presence and be prepared for world war 3. Its a sexual thing. Some people get off on the mystery of her and tend to take it too far.
Trust me it has nothing to do with her being shy and geeky.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:39 AM Edited by mrpain, 02 June 2011 - 07:02 AM.

QUOTE (papanesta @ Jun 2 2011, 08:17)
Without reading the link, I wouldn't be surprised if it was for face importing, rather than reading movements

sh*t was about to say that.

So if face importer is included for 360 and PS3? What about PC? I remember having that kind of feature on some Tony Hawk PC game.

I just hope you don't have to wave your hands like an idiot to just choose a f*cking dialouge option. That would be stupid.

EDIT: Forgot to say this, just read the Retribution novel. It's okay but they f*cked up the whole situation with Anderson. And I've been thinking...

Between the events of ME2 and Retribution, if Sheperd chose Anderson to be the Councilor, maybe in those events Anderson stepped down from his position and let Udina take his job? Would explain things more clearly in ME3.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:13 AM

Could it not be that kinect is used to deploy tech and biotic powers?

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Jun 2 2011, 15:13)
Could it not be that kinect is used to deploy tech and biotic powers?

As much as I doubt it, I always have fantasies of me pulling my fist down and pump it in the air to unleash a biotic push.

So yeah, sounds quite fun actually.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:39 PM Edited by CharmingCharlie, 02 June 2011 - 05:42 PM.

A new Mass Effect 3 preview is out on IGN, yes there are mission spoilers so if you don't want to know anything then don't go here :-

http://uk.ps3.ign.co.../1172200p1.html

Some interesting non spoiler bits include :-
  • Mass Effect 3 plays like a shooter.
  • A host of seemingly small additions have changed the way Mass Effect 3 plays.
  • Basic character movement is more responsive for starters, more animated.
  • Guiding Shepard around is less of a struggle than it's ever been.
  • Aiming also felt snappier, and guns have the punch now that they've always lacked.
  • Cover is still important; it's also been revamped from the last game, easier now to traverse and use dynamically rather than finding a point to set up at and pray that enemies don't close the gap.
  • The awkward melee shoves and slaps of past Mass Effects are gone. Formidable melee punches and attacks specific to each class have taken their place.
  • Then there are the grenades. Mass Effect 3 sees a series debut for actual, round, conventional grenades. This adds yet another combat option to the game that changes the way Shepard can engage with enemies, and adds a new tactical wrinkle to flanking and other maneuvers.
  • The familiar elements that need to be there are intact - powers and talents are still in the same menu wheel structure, and weapon types remain unchanged. You're not going to select an assault rifle and be shocked by its looks. But you will be taken aback by how well it works. I was. And now the wait to play Mass Effect 3 until 2012 is that much harder.
They also released three new screenshots (click the image for a larger pic)

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:20 PM

Thanks for filtering the spoilers CC.

Bloody hell! Garrus's collar gets bigger with every installment. If there's an ME4, he's gonna look like he's bobbing up and down in a swimming pool.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:49 PM

Haha, I can't decide if that husk looks terrifying or hilarious what with its two heads, huge quads and tiny, tiny arms.

This year's E3 might not actually completely suck. Yay.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

But the real new addition to close quarters combat is the instant melee kill - hold down the B or Circle button and Shepard will wind back to deliver a killing blow unique to his class, in this case a tech-blade in my Soldier's wrist armor.

user posted image
Adepts have blades of psionic energy that they use to cut down their enemies in close, for example.

user posted image

Okay, okay, enough mocking. Still sounds awesome. Even if it's not.. inventive.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:42 PM

Does sound awesome. Can't wait to see some gameplay footage. Hopefully on E3.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

My great wish: Bioware eventually remakes the two first games in the series, using the new combat, new animations, mechanics and other improvements from #3, and release them. Maybe as part of a pack or something.

I want to replay the old ones, but every time I try the combat mechanics annoy me so much I end up getting bored. icon13.gif

LucianoLuchessi
  • LucianoLuchessi

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:01 PM

I never actually played any of the Mass Effects, but this one looks awesome, I might have to keep an eye on news about this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users