papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:26 PM

SethGreen Seth Green
by CaseyDHudson
Recorded my first 4 hours- 8 to go. No spoilers, but it's even better than you think. #MassEffect3 http://twitpic.com/516uh6

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:40 PM

Here is a bit of "interesting" news for ya, at the moment this is still a rumour but the source of all this seems to be the EA Store. It seems the Xbox 360 version of Mass Effect 3 will be "Kinect Compatible". I have no idea what the hell that means since I own neither an Xbox or a cheap shoddy 5 buck camera in a fancy case with 2 buck tilt motor tounge.gif .

It seems someone at the EA store put up the front cover pic too early :-

user posted image

As you can see there is a clear purple banding on the case that says "Better with Kinect" (yeah right Microsoft in your dreams). The image has since been pulled from the store and there is no word on whether the PS3 version will have Move support. You can read more about the rumour here :-

http://www.insidekin...ct-support.html

Aside from the Kinect stuff it appears that is going to be the official box art for ME 3.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:17 AM

Without reading the link, I wouldn't be surprised if it was for face importing, rather than reading movements

Rockworm
  • Rockworm

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Jun 1 2011, 23:40)
Here is a bit of "interesting" news for ya, at the moment this is still a rumour but the source of all this seems to be the EA Store. It seems the Xbox 360 version of Mass Effect 3 will be "Kinect Compatible". I have no idea what the hell that means since I own neither an Xbox or a cheap shoddy 5 buck camera in a fancy case with 2 buck tilt motor tounge.gif .

user posted image

As you can see there is a clear purple banding on the case that says "Better with Kinect" (yeah right Microsoft in your dreams). The image has since been pulled from the store and there is no word on whether the PS3 version will have Move support. You can read more about the rumour here :-

Aside from the Kinect stuff it appears that is going to be the official box art for ME 3.

You can mock Kinect all you want but its very popular for some reason.
All that moving around is alien to me. I play games cause I'm lazy this is the opposite to it.

I'll never forget when I was buying my PS3 at gamestop back in september last year and the guy said if your interested in the playstation move we....
I didn't let him finish I just laughed.

I'm not surprised so many people want femshep in a trailer. The demand for a Femhawke video before DA2s release was HUGE.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (Rockworm @ Jun 2 2011, 02:17)
QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Jun 1 2011, 23:40)
Here is a bit of "interesting" news for ya, at the moment this is still a rumour but the source of all this seems to be the EA Store.  It seems the Xbox 360 version of Mass Effect 3 will be "Kinect Compatible".  I have no idea what the hell that means since I own neither an Xbox or a cheap shoddy 5 buck camera in a fancy case with 2 buck tilt motor  tounge.gif .

user posted image

As you can see there is a clear purple banding on the case that says "Better with Kinect" (yeah right Microsoft in your dreams).  The image has since been pulled from the store and there is no word on whether the PS3 version will have Move support.  You can read more about the rumour here :-

You can mock Kinect all you want but its very popular for some reason.
All that moving around is alien to me. I play games cause I'm lazy this is the opposite to it.

I'll never forget when I was buying my PS3 at gamestop back in september last year and the guy said if your interested in the playstation move we....
I didn't let him finish I just laughed.

I'm not surprised so many people want femshep in a trailer. The demand for a Femhawke video before DA2s release was HUGE.

There are a lot of things I don't understand about ME fanbase. I'm a big fan myself, but what's with the Tali obsession?

Rockworm
  • Rockworm

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:31 AM

LOL if you hang around Bioware social network long enough you'll start wondering if your the only earthling on there.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:54 AM

Tali's popularity is pretty easy to understand. A large percentage (compared to other games) of ME fans are young women/girls, and a bit geeky (and I don't mean any offence by that). It's understandable that thay're going to identify with the shy, awkward (bit geeky) tech expert.

Rockworm
  • Rockworm

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Jun 2 2011, 05:54)
Tali's popularity is pretty easy to understand. A large percentage (compared to other games) of ME fans are young women/girls, and a bit geeky (and I don't mean any offence by that). It's understandable that thay're going to identify with the shy, awkward (bit geeky) tech expert.

That has nothing to do with it.

if you have a weak stomach then forget this part but.
Google Talimancer some of the stuff is disturbing.
Hell there was a thread at the bioware forums that was saying the reveal of her face better not be even close to human because that umm won't be sexy...
Yeah I've heard people say Garrus is sexy and they were serious.
But the Talimancers are the scariest. You talk bad about Tali in their presence and be prepared for world war 3. Its a sexual thing. Some people get off on the mystery of her and tend to take it too far.
Trust me it has nothing to do with her being shy and geeky.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:39 AM Edited by mrpain, 02 June 2011 - 07:02 AM.

QUOTE (papanesta @ Jun 2 2011, 08:17)
Without reading the link, I wouldn't be surprised if it was for face importing, rather than reading movements

sh*t was about to say that.

So if face importer is included for 360 and PS3? What about PC? I remember having that kind of feature on some Tony Hawk PC game.

I just hope you don't have to wave your hands like an idiot to just choose a f*cking dialouge option. That would be stupid.

EDIT: Forgot to say this, just read the Retribution novel. It's okay but they f*cked up the whole situation with Anderson. And I've been thinking...

Between the events of ME2 and Retribution, if Sheperd chose Anderson to be the Councilor, maybe in those events Anderson stepped down from his position and let Udina take his job? Would explain things more clearly in ME3.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:13 AM

Could it not be that kinect is used to deploy tech and biotic powers?

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Jun 2 2011, 15:13)
Could it not be that kinect is used to deploy tech and biotic powers?

As much as I doubt it, I always have fantasies of me pulling my fist down and pump it in the air to unleash a biotic push.

So yeah, sounds quite fun actually.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:39 PM Edited by CharmingCharlie, 02 June 2011 - 05:42 PM.

A new Mass Effect 3 preview is out on IGN, yes there are mission spoilers so if you don't want to know anything then don't go here :-

http://uk.ps3.ign.co.../1172200p1.html

Some interesting non spoiler bits include :-
  • Mass Effect 3 plays like a shooter.
  • A host of seemingly small additions have changed the way Mass Effect 3 plays.
  • Basic character movement is more responsive for starters, more animated.
  • Guiding Shepard around is less of a struggle than it's ever been.
  • Aiming also felt snappier, and guns have the punch now that they've always lacked.
  • Cover is still important; it's also been revamped from the last game, easier now to traverse and use dynamically rather than finding a point to set up at and pray that enemies don't close the gap.
  • The awkward melee shoves and slaps of past Mass Effects are gone. Formidable melee punches and attacks specific to each class have taken their place.
  • Then there are the grenades. Mass Effect 3 sees a series debut for actual, round, conventional grenades. This adds yet another combat option to the game that changes the way Shepard can engage with enemies, and adds a new tactical wrinkle to flanking and other maneuvers.
  • The familiar elements that need to be there are intact - powers and talents are still in the same menu wheel structure, and weapon types remain unchanged. You're not going to select an assault rifle and be shocked by its looks. But you will be taken aback by how well it works. I was. And now the wait to play Mass Effect 3 until 2012 is that much harder.
They also released three new screenshots (click the image for a larger pic)

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:20 PM

Thanks for filtering the spoilers CC.

Bloody hell! Garrus's collar gets bigger with every installment. If there's an ME4, he's gonna look like he's bobbing up and down in a swimming pool.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:49 PM

Haha, I can't decide if that husk looks terrifying or hilarious what with its two heads, huge quads and tiny, tiny arms.

This year's E3 might not actually completely suck. Yay.

jelly
  • jelly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

But the real new addition to close quarters combat is the instant melee kill - hold down the B or Circle button and Shepard will wind back to deliver a killing blow unique to his class, in this case a tech-blade in my Soldier's wrist armor.

user posted image
Adepts have blades of psionic energy that they use to cut down their enemies in close, for example.

user posted image

Okay, okay, enough mocking. Still sounds awesome. Even if it's not.. inventive.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:42 PM

Does sound awesome. Can't wait to see some gameplay footage. Hopefully on E3.

jelly
  • jelly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

My great wish: Bioware eventually remakes the two first games in the series, using the new combat, new animations, mechanics and other improvements from #3, and release them. Maybe as part of a pack or something.

I want to replay the old ones, but every time I try the combat mechanics annoy me so much I end up getting bored. icon13.gif

LucianoLuchessi
  • LucianoLuchessi

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:01 PM

I never actually played any of the Mass Effects, but this one looks awesome, I might have to keep an eye on news about this game.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (LucianoLuchessi @ Jun 2 2011, 23:01)
I never actually played any of the Mass Effects, but this one looks awesome, I might have to keep an eye on news about this game.

Why would you want to play the third game when it's a continuation of the story from previous 2 games? You will miss out on 2/3 of the story.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:42 AM

Garrus without his scars! inlove.gif

I think it's pretty much confirmed that we are going to see turian and krogan women.

Andrewbot
  • Andrewbot

The Robot Builder

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:20 AM

http://twitpic.com/5657pw/full

From the BioWare Twitter... those are Reapers around the explosion.

This is the ME3 logo concept for the E3 reveal on Monday.

G The Generous
  • G The Generous

Hibernating

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:01 AM

please no more "Can it wait for a bit? I'm in the middle of some calibrations" sad.gif

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (badboy_zay @ Jun 3 2011, 07:01)
please no more "Can it wait for a bit? I'm in the middle of some calibrations" sad.gif

Hey that was one of the best bits about Garrus in ME2, if anything i want more of that. notify.gif

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:46 PM

So back to mass effect.

I started a new playthrough again. starting at number 1. I want atleast 3-4 different playthroughs for the third one.

Grae
  • Grae

Ě

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:59 PM Edited by Supreme., 05 June 2011 - 05:06 PM.

@CC's post below: Since release is so far off, part of me wants to avoid it, but know damn-well I'll have it downloaded and watch a half-dozen times sigh.gif

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:58 AM

I'll repost this again since it seems the mods have been doing a bit of tidying up in here and deleted it by mistake wink.gif :-

QUOTE (Chris Priestly)
I just heard from Geoff Keighley that Spike TV will be carrying your first look at the Mass Effect 3 E3 demo.

Geoff said that on Monday June 6 fans should tune into SPIKE TV for the first look at the Mass Effect 3 E3 demo. GAMECHANGERS : EA 2011 Preview will air LIVE on Spike TV next Monday, June 6 at 3:30pm ET/ 12:30 PT.

Make sure you tune in to Spike TV to catch your first look at Mass Effect 3 LIVE from E3! smilie

source

If my wonky maths is correct that equates to 8:30pm GMT tomorrow. If I find any streams of it I will post them up here.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:18 PM

Game Trailers are streaming most of the other Spike E3 stuff, so hopefully they'll be doing the same with this.

cha2x1447
  • cha2x1447

Beautiful but Deadly

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:16 AM Edited by cha2x1447, 07 June 2011 - 11:29 AM.

Nice. I can't wait for this to come out on PC since I've finished ME 1 and 2. alien.gif Ready for save import.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:02 PM Edited by CharmingCharlie, 06 June 2011 - 02:54 PM.

OK here are some of the places you can watch the E3 coverage :-

http://live-event.ea.com/e3/press

http://e3.gamespot.c...ess-conference/

http://www.g4tv.com/

http://uk.ign.com/ev...2011/live-video

http://www.gametrailers.com/e3/

http://www.gameinfor...m/p/e3live.aspx

Only 7 hours to go biggrin.gif

Update

Whilst I remember, although we are all waiting for the EA conference it might also be wise to check out the MS conference I hear there is gonna be some ME 3 stuff in that conference too, although it will probably be the Kinect crap stuff.

Here is some news on the Collectors Edition of the game, it seems Amazon.com have just put it up for sale. The Collectors Edition will contain :-
  • The game (well duh)
  • Premium metal case featuring commemorative artwork of Commander Shepard
  • 70-page hardbound art book featuring hundreds of unique and gorgeous illustrations from the BioWare development team plus an exclusive 4x6 lithographic print featuring a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork
  • Limited edition Mass Effect comic by Dark Horse Comics, complete with unique cover artwork
  • Join the ranks of the N7 with the premium fabric N7 patch
  • A full collection of in-game content that can't be found anywhere else!
http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/B0050SY06W

It is retailing for $79.99, personally that Collectors Edition sounds a bit naff to me when you compare it with Duke Nukem Balls of Steel edition. I will wait to see what the UK pricing will be before I hope on board.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:28 PM

I need it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users