2,492 replies to this topic
Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (jelly @ Apr 28 2011, 18:58)
Well, up until now, the Reapers have been portrayed as black-and-white boogeymen. They're still a mystery - we have no idea why they supposedly want to eradicate all life and then restart the cycle. As was mentioned by Sovereign in the first game and expanded on by Legion in the second game, each individual 'reaper' ship is an entire AI nation. It's also been speculated that they're based on cultures that were destroyed, in some way.

I'm just gonna assume that the reapers aren't gonna be as black and white as they were portrayed by the two single reapers we've seen so far..

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they remained a mystery. Like Sovereign said, they're beyond our imagination. Maybe they have a better motive than hunger or boredom, something beyond our imagination. It would be such a cop-out if Bioware went with "lol Sovereign was just bullsh*tting you guys we just want to reproduce".

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:37 PM

Some new ME 3 images for you, they are cropped scans so I can't directly link them here but they were posted in this article :-

http://gamenyusu.com...new-images.html

I wouldn't say the images are spoilerific but basically you see Anderson in his combat gear, a couple of alien homeworlds (most likely the Turian homeworld), A shock troop and Shepard shooting a shock troop.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:07 AM

Thanks for digging around and grabbing this information for us. I probably would never find half of this sh*t. lol. Keeps me fed until the game shows up. icon14.gif

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:23 PM

Just a little bit of news, nothing major and it is just confirming what we expected. It seems that Mass Effect 3 will be shown at E3 which starts on the 6th June :-

http://uk.games.ign..../1086456p1.html

Hopefully that might mean we get to see game play or hell even another trailer, who knows ?

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:07 PM

Opps for the double post but just seen these screens, those that have seen the mag scans will recognise the pictures. However I thought I would post them since they are proper excellent quality screens :-

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Source :- http://translate.goo...ss_Effect_3.htm

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:15 AM

Is that a Krogan or Batarian husk? Regardless looks amazing. Can't wait to see how earth will look like in the ME3 universe, perhaps run into your child-hood gang if you were earth-born?.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:21 PM

Check them multiple sets of eyes. It's Batarian.

If there is one gripe I have so far is that it looks too much like ME2. It isn't really a bad thing, but I'd like to see the jump in art style and lighting like we had from ME to ME2.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:48 PM Edited by CharmingCharlie, 04 May 2011 - 06:54 PM.

QUOTE (Gronf @ May 4 2011, 14:21)
If there is one gripe I have so far is that it looks too much like ME2. It isn't really a bad thing, but I'd like to see the jump in art style and lighting like we had from ME to ME2.

I kinda don't have a problem with this, I am hoping that since they haven't done any major overhauling of the graphics they might spend the time dealing with the f*ck awful clipping that ME 2 suffered. Seriously the clipping when you meet Anderson in ME 2 was incredibly unprofessional.

Well it is good news and erm bad news, the good news is that they have released two new screenshots :-

user posted image
user posted image

http://www.el33tonli...3_delayed_into/
http://social.biowar...9/index/7294706

The bad news is that the game is unlikely to come out during "Holiday 2011". The game now has a launch window of around the first three months of 2012. Right I am off to hang myself now cryani.gif

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ May 4 2011, 19:48)
Well it is good news and erm bad news, the good news is that they have released two new screenshots :-

... and the bad news is that Kaidan is alive. Son a bitch!

MagnAn
  • MagnAn

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Robinski @ May 4 2011, 19:05)
QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ May 4 2011, 19:48)

... and the bad news is that Kaidan is alive. Son a bitch!

That all depends on your actions in ME1.

I don't think I can take this delay...

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:36 PM

I wasn't confident that it would come out this year anyway, so this doesn't come as a surprise.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:33 PM

Same.

Fall/winter has game overload anyway, with Skyrim, Deus Ex 3 and maybe if a meteor gets close enough to the earth, Diablo 3. I think Torchlight 2 is arriving this year as well.

It's better this way. Some of us have courses we need to actually pass. orly.gif

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (jelly @ May 4 2011, 20:33)
Same.

Fall/winter has game overload anyway, with Skyrim, Deus Ex 3 and maybe if a meteor gets close enough to the earth, Diablo 3. I think Torchlight 2 is arriving this year as well.

It's better this way. Some of us have courses we need to actually pass. orly.gif

I agree, not to mention BF3, and RAGE which is shaping up quite well.

I need to have it on release, but I dont mind if the release is later, if that make sense.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:15 PM Edited by CharmingCharlie, 04 May 2011 - 09:19 PM.

Things get more curious. EA has released it's "release Schedule", naturally ME 3 is on the schedule (mistakenly labelled as coming out Quarter 4) but what is interesting is the platforms ME 3 will appear on, I have red ringed the relevant curious part :-

user posted image

source

Now I will confess I am curious about a portable version of Mass Effect 3. It is possible they are going to give an iphone version another shot, god forbid should they attempt to try and bring the game to the Android platform sarcasm.gif

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:27 PM

Sucks that it got delayed to "start of 2012"

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:37 PM

It seems EA's boss, John Riccitiello has commented on the reasons for the delay with Mass Effect 3 :-

QUOTE (John Riccitiello)
Essentially, step by step, [BioWare is] adjusting some of the gameplay mechanics and some of the features that you'll see at E3 that can put this into a genre equivalent of shooter-meets-RPG, and essentially address a far larger market opportunity than Mass Effect 1 did and Mass Effect 2 began to approach."

source

Hm so they delayed the game so they could "tweak" it to make it more appealing to a larger market. Why do I get a strange sense of foreboding about this ? Still I guess we will see what we shall see at E3.

MagnAn
  • MagnAn

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ May 4 2011, 23:37)
Hm so they delayed the game so they could "tweak" it to make it more appealing to a larger market. Why do I get a strange sense of foreboding about this ? Still I guess we will see what we shall see at E3.

I really hope they don't pull a Dragon Age 2 on it...

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:49 PM

A new preview has been posted, this time from PC Gamer. As always directly linking to scans in here isn't allowed but I can link to an article that is showing the scans tounge.gif :-

http://biowarefans.c...cans/#more-2949

BE WARNED THERE ARE HUMONGOUS SPOILERS IN THESE SCANS. Seriously I am NOT KIDDING there is even a major plot line involving Cerberus that gets spoiled.

Now here is a summary of the stuff I have read :-

ME 3 will wrap up every major plot thread and significant conflict.

Every major character from the series will play a role

Reaper threat is everywhere NOT just earth

Combat spaces no longer "pop up" barriers and are now multi-layered encouraging you to seek the high ground (oh Obiwan would approve).

Every weapon from the last game returns.

Why are we fighting Cerberus ?????? well I aint going to tell you, if you want to find out read the scans.

Many races have been huskified including the Asari which leads to a hideously bloated pregnant Asari, her gums stripped away and a robot skeleton showing through her rotting flesh (no word on if you can romance her though colgate.gif )

The Rachni Husks are covered in huge bulging sacs of smaller baby Rachni, burst those sacs and you unleash a swarm of horrible baby Rachni that crawl all over Shepard

The Krogan Husks wear heavy armour plating that you can shear off with intense fire power.

Storyline is more like ME 1 than ME 2

CONFIRMED party members : Garrus, Liara, Kaidan/Ashley and Tali

No New love interests in ME 3

If you cheated on your love interest things will come to ahead at the worst possible time.

That is the basic gist of the preview, there is quite a bit more but I will leave it for people to decide if they want to read the scans or not.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:13 PM

For anyone looking to get into the series, there is a ridiculous Steam sale on for both the original, ME2 and ME2 digital deluxe edition.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

soon to be dead

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ May 4 2011, 23:37)
It seems EA's boss, John Riccitiello has commented on the reasons for the delay with Mass Effect 3 :-

QUOTE (John Riccitiello)
Essentially, step by step, [BioWare is] adjusting some of the gameplay mechanics and some of the features that you'll see at E3 that can put this into a genre equivalent of shooter-meets-RPG, and essentially address a far larger market opportunity than Mass Effect 1 did and Mass Effect 2 began to approach."

source

I'll say this right now, If bioware changes this game for the casual shooter crowd and completely forget about the fans of the original mass effect then, after ME3, I will completely forget about bioware if you know what I mean.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (jelly @ May 6 2011, 15:13)
For anyone looking to get into the series, there is a ridiculous Steam sale on for both the original, ME2 and ME2 digital deluxe edition.

Just making sure everyone sees this...

Oh, and how is our title not "Don't Fear the Reaper"? It practically writes itself.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (Gronf @ May 6 2011, 15:44)
Oh, and how is our title not "Don't Fear the Reaper"? It practically writes itself.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

Ah, sucks that it's been delayed but at least there are some other AAA titles out during the end of the year to occupy us.

Got that song stuck in my head now biggrin.gif .

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:27 AM

It got delayed? Well good news and bad news for me. Holiday 2011 is my birthday month but I'm glad they delayed it. Seriously it's waaaay too soon for a full realease.

And no new love interests in ME3? That kinda sucks but then again Sheperd already had the options of f*cking 9 different people now.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:12 AM

user posted image

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:21 PM

Another mag has had a preview of Mass Effect 3, this time it is OXM's turn to spill the beans. I haven't found any site hosting the scans yet but here are the meat and potatoes of what they had :-

You can jump and roll, and blindfire has been introduced.

As well as gaining civilisation’s allegiance, you can lose them to the Reapers if you don’t play right, similarly to losing squad-mates in the suicide mission.

Your weapons have three upgrade slots -scope barrel and grip, and you can change the colour and camouflage of weapons.

Cerberus and husks will be main enemies, and cerberus is divided into three main types of troops – heavy bruisers, medium and light.

You may be able to get an eyepiece, like Garrus’s, that will allow non-sniper weapons to scope in further, which also hints at armour having more of an effect on gameplay.

Bioware are going to announce something big at E3 – a lot of the gameplay features and more squadmates.

SPOILER WARNING

I will not post the spoiler here, now I am NOT joking here this is a huge spoiler and you will be sick to the stomach if you read it. I will give you a hint, it involves one of your main team mates, so if you want to be surprised DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK :-

http://vgn365.com/20...assive-spoiler/

You might want to avoid any website claiming they have info about Mass Effect 3 from the Official Xbox Magazine as well.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:26 PM

I couldn't... resist. I read the spoiler, I almost sh*t my pants.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:32 PM

Are Bioware trolling their own game? icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif

Resisted.

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:32 PM

Read Spoiler, Instantly regretted doing so.

I have the OXM magazine though, i'm gonna have a read through it later, I'd scan it if I can get my scanner working though I know i'm not allowed to post direct links to scans here.

Supreme.
  • Supreme.

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:37 PM

Resisted, tho I can't help but have my suspicions. In keeping with the theme of unavoidable losses or sacrifices, and not to mention that this is the "epic conclusion" having true triumph and tragedy... As long as they handle things with class, I'm ready for anything.

Anyway, just heard about the delay. Usually I'll jump on the bandwagon saying "well, if it means a better game..." only partially meaning it with the rest of me being disappointed. But this time I'm 100% satisfied for reasons already stated and obvious.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users