2,529 replies to this topic
papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:36 PM

Want that model. Like, now.

I suppose the Alliance had time to put their markings back on the side when they were stripping it. Also a good excuse for us to have to build it back up again.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:53 PM

I don't like the Alliance meddling with the Normandy. BioWare statements to the contrary, it *is* Shephard's ship, dagnabbit. It's a private vessel that belongs to a dead person. Not an Alliance marine. tounge.gif Just as long as they haven't hacked, info-drained and shackled EDI, I won't be too pissed off. Buuuut they'll probably have done that. icon13.gif

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (jelly @ Apr 24 2011, 22:53)
Just as long as they haven't hacked, info-drained and shackled EDI, I won't be too pissed off. Buuuut they'll probably have done that. icon13.gif

I don't know about that. I'm fairly sure if there was something EDI didn't want them to know, they wouldn't find it out. However, the issue of EDI is an interesting one. If The Illusive Man wants Shepard dead, so should EDI. Maybe Miranda and/or Jacob will sort that.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Apr 24 2011, 23:36)

I suppose the Alliance had time to put their markings back on the side when they were stripping it. Also a good excuse for us to have to build it back up again.

Hey Shepard! We had to sand off all that Cerberus rubbish off your ship, I guess we went a little rough 'cos your new armour plating, shield generators, probe bay and big cannon all fell off turn.gif

Absolutely ridiculous, this has to happen.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (Robinski @ Apr 24 2011, 23:07)

Hey Shepard! We had to sand off all that Cerberus rubbish off your ship, I guess we went a little rough 'cos your new armour plating, shield generators, probe bay and big cannon all fell off turn.gif

Absolutely ridiculous, this has to happen.

biggrin.gif

Mixed blessing, I guess. I'm assuming this is also how they are going to introduce the new method of planet scanning.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:32 PM

Well you can pre-order it from here :-

http://www.tfaw.com/...eplica___384828

It is an American company but they do ship worldwide, but this model isn't coming out till October at the earliest though.

I am in two minds about it myself, I don't so much mind the new paint scheme but those f*ck ugly black segmented lines on the hull are just eewwwwww. I really hope they are only exaggerated because this is a model and the Normandy doesn't look that f*cking ugly in the game.

On another note this probably means the Collector Edition of the game isn't going to come with a model of the Normandy SR 2 sad.gif

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Apr 24 2011, 23:32)

Well you can pre-order it from here :-

http://www.tfaw.com/...eplica___384828

It is an American company but they do ship worldwide, but this model isn't coming out till October at the earliest though.

I noticed that. My experience with buying things from America, is that the shipping is usually more expensive than the product, sadly.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Apr 25 2011, 00:05)
I'm fairly sure if there was something EDI didn't want them to know, they wouldn't find it out.

This is what I am hoping. Afterall, she's way more advanced than anything they know about.

QUOTE (papanesta @ Apr 25 2011, 00:05)
However, the issue of EDI is an interesting one. If The Illusive Man wants Shepard dead, so should EDI. Maybe Miranda and/or Jacob will sort that.

I don't think so icon14.gif In the beginning of ME2, sure. But after the Collector cruiser attack, she was unshackled, and free of any obligations to anyone. She served Shepard willingly after that.

QUOTE (Robinski @ Apr 25 2011, 00:07)

More like they'll steal 'appropriate' it for their own research. It'd play well with BioWare's established line of drawing the large ME institutions as inept, self-serving bureaucracies.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:15 PM

Some new information has been released via some Swedish Magazine and was translated on the Bioware forums. The article contains massive spoilers so watch yourselves. Here is a summary of some of the info :-

New biotic powers
Existing biotic powers improved

MAJOR SPOILERS (I am not kidding here these are MAJOR MAJOR spoilers, so DON'T read them if you want to be surprised)

You visit the Salarian homeworld early on in the game. The planet is called Sur'Kesh, it is a peaceful world. Very tropical, with palm trees, waterfalls. The Salarians live near a Volcanic crater. From top to bottom you'll see the houses they live in.

Another homeworld you will visit is the Quarian homeworld called "Rannoch" this is basically a desert with huge pyramid like structures.

There WILL BE space battles in the game, one of the biggest is centred around the Turian homeworld where you will work with the Turians and have a slugfest against a Reaper fleet.

The Cerberus crew have left the Normandy and at the beginning of the game the Normandy feels lonely and empty.

Palaven (Turian homeworld) has been rendered completely inoperable as a military stronghold, and that the turians of Palaven (either militarily or as a whole) have been forced to evacuate to a nearby moon that apparently is very barren, to really accentuate the turians status as hardened survivors.

BioWare has some sort of plan on how to fight (in-game) the Reapers on their own scale, but that they want to keep it a secret other than that it will be "grand".

We get to revisit Illium (yeahhhhh lets stop by Liara's pad and get her a clean pair of knickers she is gonna need them after wearing the same armour for so long).

North America is in flames ........ THE WHOLE CONTINENT.

The Galaxy is apparently on the verge of intergalactic civil war when the Reapers hit.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:43 PM

Wasn't there a campaign for a spoiler free promotion of ME3 over at Bioware forums? Won't read.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:07 PM

Scanned those spoilers, decided I don't want to read. Might go blackout.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:13 PM

This has to be one of the earliest blackouts I've decided on. For Portal 2 it was less than a week from release!

I'm totally gonna get spoiled in a 7 month period.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:05 AM

Argh, all those spoilers.... Must resist!!!!

Saw a phrase in the spoiler, North America. Managed to dodge the rest.

@CC: Is there any way you could make it less spoilerific?

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Apr 28 2011, 12:05)
[email protected]: Is there any way you could make it less spoilerific?

Well to be fair I did try to heavily hint that those were very very very spoilerific (hence the heading underlined) tounge.gif . I mean I could stop posting info if that is what people want ? I certainly don't want to ruin anyone's game here. It isn't like we can discuss what is being posted anyway because it would be nothing but dozens of posts of black lines.

I think we have to keep things in context here though, the recent spoilers I posted aren't really that spoilerific if you think about it they are basically bits of info that anyone can come to a logical conclusion about. We also have to remember that most of the info covers less than 10% of the actual game and according to this Swedish mag Bioware let slip a massive massive secret to them and they didn't print it.

So even if you do accidentally read some of the spoilers in here there will still be a crap load of surprises waiting for you when the game comes out. I don't take spoiler tags lightly so if you see me use a spoiler tag then take the view that "it is something you DO NOT want to know". Where I can I will give a hint about what the spoiler is about, to try and dampen any curiosity.

If you want to keep up on ME 3 news and want to steer clear of any spoilers then you could bookmark this :-

https://docs.google....it?hl=en&pli=1#

It's a google document site that is being maintained by a Bioware moderator and some members. They have promised to keep it as spoiler free as possible whilst still trying to keep people as up to date as they can.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:52 PM

I think what he meant was if the spoilers could possibly be thinned down to less severe ones - but I (of course) read them all, and I can say none of them are critical spoilers. They just say something about the state of the earth and galaxy at the beginning of the game - basically the beginning exposition. It mentions planets we'll be visiting.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (jelly @ Apr 28 2011, 13:52)
I think what he meant was if the spoilers could possibly be thinned down to less severe ones - but I (of course) read them all, and I can say none of them are critical spoilers. They just say something about the state of the earth and galaxy at the beginning of the game - basically the beginning exposition. It mentions planets we'll be visiting.

Yeaah. I understand people not wanting things that take place mid-way through the game spoiled, that makes sense. But this is all set-up. If Bioware releases the info, they clearly don't class it as a spoiler. I know there are some people who like to go hardcore and not know anything about the game, but I don't think we should bend-over backwards to accomodate them. Info from magazines isn't spoilered in the Skyrim or the L.A. Noire threads.

Lets just follow the basic rule that any information Bioware releases shouldn't be classed as a spoiler. I doubt they are set out to spoil their own game.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:02 PM

That's pretty sound, but spoiler tags should be used with some common sense nonetheless. Though, with that said, if you don't want to get spoiled at all, stay the hell out. I'm not going to put spoiler tags on "It takes place on Earth" or "New York will be featured" and so on.

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (Gronf @ Apr 28 2011, 16:02)
That's pretty sound, but spoiler tags should be used with some common sense nonetheless. Though, with that said, if you don't want to get spoiled at all, stay the hell out. I'm not going to put spoiler tags on "It takes place on Earth" or "New York will be featured" and so on.

This is the ME3 topic, where we discuss any news related to ME3. Tbh, I think people using spoilers are already nice enough, you shouldnt even be in here if you dont want to get spoiled.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing whats the "secret" to fighting Reapers without an armada of Dreadnoughts. Hope its not too corny like a "super computer virus" or smth.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:58 PM

Well, up until now, the Reapers have been portrayed as black-and-white boogeymen. They're still a mystery - we have no idea why they supposedly want to eradicate all life and then restart the cycle. As was mentioned by Sovereign in the first game and expanded on by Legion in the second game, each individual 'reaper' ship is an entire AI nation. It's also been speculated that they're based on cultures that were destroyed, in some way.

I'm just gonna assume that the reapers aren't gonna be as black and white as they were portrayed by the two single reapers we've seen so far..

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:30 PM

I suppose there will be a trailer soon?

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (King Of Monra @ Apr 28 2011, 19:30)
I suppose there will be a trailer soon?

That probably won't be till E3 in June (7th - 9th). Things should die down a bit now we have had all the mag articles and Game Informers "ME 3 month" ends at the end of April. So probably the next news after that will be a trailer at E3.

As for the ongoing battle with these spoilers, as baptiste says this is the ME 3 topic where people are going to be discussing ME 3 and want news about ME 3. Obviously spoiler tags should be used when necessary but to be honest if you don't want the game spoiled at all then people shouldn't be venturing into an ME 3 topic.

I will keep the first topic totally spoiler free and up to date with major developments such as release date, and collector edition info. So if you don't want to be spoiled just keep checking the first post of this thread which will contain all the non-spoiler info you need.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (jelly @ Apr 28 2011, 18:58)
Well, up until now, the Reapers have been portrayed as black-and-white boogeymen. They're still a mystery - we have no idea why they supposedly want to eradicate all life and then restart the cycle. As was mentioned by Sovereign in the first game and expanded on by Legion in the second game, each individual 'reaper' ship is an entire AI nation. It's also been speculated that they're based on cultures that were destroyed, in some way.

I'm just gonna assume that the reapers aren't gonna be as black and white as they were portrayed by the two single reapers we've seen so far..

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they remained a mystery. Like Sovereign said, they're beyond our imagination. Maybe they have a better motive than hunger or boredom, something beyond our imagination. It would be such a cop-out if Bioware went with "lol Sovereign was just bullsh*tting you guys we just want to reproduce".

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:37 PM

Some new ME 3 images for you, they are cropped scans so I can't directly link them here but they were posted in this article :-

http://gamenyusu.com...new-images.html

I wouldn't say the images are spoilerific but basically you see Anderson in his combat gear, a couple of alien homeworlds (most likely the Turian homeworld), A shock troop and Shepard shooting a shock troop.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

chkn butt

• The Precinct
  • United-States
  • Best Member Named after a Stone Cold Steve Austin Catchphrase

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:07 AM

Thanks for digging around and grabbing this information for us. I probably would never find half of this sh*t. lol. Keeps me fed until the game shows up. icon14.gif

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:23 PM

Just a little bit of news, nothing major and it is just confirming what we expected. It seems that Mass Effect 3 will be shown at E3 which starts on the 6th June :-

http://uk.games.ign..../1086456p1.html

Hopefully that might mean we get to see game play or hell even another trailer, who knows ?

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:07 PM

Opps for the double post but just seen these screens, those that have seen the mag scans will recognise the pictures. However I thought I would post them since they are proper excellent quality screens :-

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Source :- http://translate.goo...ss_Effect_3.htm

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:15 AM

Is that a Krogan or Batarian husk? Regardless looks amazing. Can't wait to see how earth will look like in the ME3 universe, perhaps run into your child-hood gang if you were earth-born?.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:21 PM

Check them multiple sets of eyes. It's Batarian.

If there is one gripe I have so far is that it looks too much like ME2. It isn't really a bad thing, but I'd like to see the jump in art style and lighting like we had from ME to ME2.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:48 PM Edited by CharmingCharlie, 04 May 2011 - 06:54 PM.

QUOTE (Gronf @ May 4 2011, 14:21)
If there is one gripe I have so far is that it looks too much like ME2. It isn't really a bad thing, but I'd like to see the jump in art style and lighting like we had from ME to ME2.

I kinda don't have a problem with this, I am hoping that since they haven't done any major overhauling of the graphics they might spend the time dealing with the f*ck awful clipping that ME 2 suffered. Seriously the clipping when you meet Anderson in ME 2 was incredibly unprofessional.

Well it is good news and erm bad news, the good news is that they have released two new screenshots :-

user posted image
user posted image

http://www.el33tonli...3_delayed_into/
http://social.biowar...9/index/7294706

The bad news is that the game is unlikely to come out during "Holiday 2011". The game now has a launch window of around the first three months of 2012. Right I am off to hang myself now cryani.gif

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ May 4 2011, 19:48)
Well it is good news and erm bad news, the good news is that they have released two new screenshots :-

... and the bad news is that Kaidan is alive. Son a bitch!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users