2,478 replies to this topic
JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Chimpsie @ Mar 14 2011, 14:30)
Mass Effect 3 = FAIL

Dont get me wrong,I like the game,its pretty nice but really...
Bioware has been gambling with the companys name.
Dragon Age 2 was a total fail,atleast for me,I just hope they dont get the same game designer for this game aswell.

It's a totally different team, Why should it be FAIL ?

There's too much internet crying surrounding ME2 atm - it improved upon ME in every way. Honestly, is choosing between the Crossfire VII and the Crossfire VIII role-playing? Most of that converting to omnigel and buying and selling was a chore.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:09 PM Edited by mati1501, 15 March 2011 - 08:13 PM.

Never mind.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:10 PM

Well things are very quiet regarding ME 3, hopefully that will change once we get Arrival done and start complaining we want more Mass Effect wink.gif . But I did come across this today :-

QUOTE (trutriciahelfer)
Just finished my first voice session for EDI in #MassEffect3. Fun!

http://twitter.com/#!/trutriciahelfer/...921541143662592

So I guess we can take it for granted that EDI will be in ME 3 which suggests at least we are not getting a new Normandy.

Supreme.
  • Supreme.

• Members

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:12 PM

Yeah, maybe just an 'enhanced' Normandy this time, which is fine with me.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:14 PM

I wonder what's the time difference between ME2 and 3. I'm sure Arrival will lead to the events of ME3.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (mati1501 @ Mar 22 2011, 13:14)
I wonder what's the time difference between ME2 and 3. I'm sure Arrival will lead to the events of ME3.

I'm not sure about that, but the fact that there's research in Arrival has me worried that it will be doable before the suicide mission.

I hope this is not the case, and Arrival is only available if you've completed the story. I feel that time should have moved on by now.

As for EDI, I'm sure her hardware and software can be relocated to another ship, but with this being EA they'll probably just give it a lick of paint and call it an Alliance frigate. Can't see Shepard working for Cerberus in ME3

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:28 PM

Maybe they just backed up EDI before the Normandy (inevitably) blew up. I can't see him working for either the Alliance or Cerberus.

What ever happened to that Eastern European games thing they were showing ME3 at?

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:37 PM

Apparently Bioware are investigating "environmental HUDS" for ME 3. If you don't know what they are then think of Dead Space 2 where Isaac's health and weapon status was displayed on the back of the game character :-

QUOTE (Brennon Holmes)
“So we are still investigating ways of putting some of our HUD elements into the environment… we’ll see what we end up with.”

They are also looking into what they can do with the enemies, apparently people had problems identifying enemies in Mass Effect 2 (but then it seems people these days are as thick as pig sh*t dozingoff.gif )

QUOTE (Brennon Holmes)
Apparently, even “Sovereign was kind of hard to pick out of a lineup."

I can only imagine they invited a blind person off the street to try and pick Sovereign out of the line up. Anyway there are some more bits n bobs here if anyone wants to read them :-

http://scrawlfx.com/...n-mass-effect-3

It is good to see Bioware are actively looking into improving things but it does worry me that they are concentrating on stuff that isn't really "important" and neglecting stuff that is important such as replacing that f*ck awful mining with something that is actually enjoyable to play.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:44 PM

Apparently, even “Sovereign was kind of hard to pick out of a lineup."

White guy. Black guy. Asian guy. 2km long starship. Indian guy. Middle-eastern guy.

Definitely number 3.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:20 PM

It sounds like they want to make Mass Effect 3 "retard friendly". F*ck retarded gamers. Can't identify enemies? Are you sh*tting me?!

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:32 PM

I thought Mass Effect 2's HUD was near perfect, so I'm a little worried about that first bit. Though, I'm sure I'd prefer the health to be done like Dead Space. Anything is better than onscreen blood.

As for enemy identification? That's ridiculous. They're shooting at you. What more do you want?

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:55 PM

I thought the hud was just fine in me2, hopefully they will end up with leaving it as it is, better that then changing it so people with no arms can play it. (ish)

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Mar 27 2011, 18:20)
It sounds like they want to make Mass Effect 3 "retard friendly". F*ck retarded gamers. Can't identify enemies? Are you sh*tting me?!

Let's now draw conclusions, maybe there will be a option for it.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:12 PM

Well, I haven't read the article (internet's going like a stoned tortoise for me) but perhaps they meant difficulty in identifying the different enemy types, rather than a question of whether or not he's a bad guy or not? When you were going up against a group of mercs (and let's face it, in ME2, when weren't you?) it was sometimes difficult to make out which enemies were the engineers/adepts/etc. and which were just grunts with guns. That said, this is pretty much negated by being able to pause the action and hover over enemies to show their type, but still it may have been an issue for some.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Narcis_speed6 @ Mar 27 2011, 21:03)
QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Mar 27 2011, 18:20)

Let's now draw conclusions, maybe there will be a option for it.

I would name that option "retard mode"

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:29 PM

I sensed they were looking for feedback when a mod started the HUD topic over at the BW forums the other day:

http://social.biowar...3/index/6690628

One of the best suggestions is to have the menu be a hologram pop-up on the omni-tool. Dead Space 2's HUDless approace was really immersive, I hope it influences the team

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Mar 27 2011, 19:32)
I thought Mass Effect 2's HUD was near perfect, so I'm a little worried about that first bit.

Well there is always room for improvement, my main gripes were firstly the "tendrils of doom" god were they f*cking annoying. I really want to meet the person that came up with "hey when you are low on health lets make the screen totally f*cking unusable that will be sooooooo cool".

There was also a distinct lack of information on how healthy your team mates are. The first time you know they are in trouble is when they are erm well dead. The other gripe I had about the HUD was those god awful portraits, that has to be another face palm moment "hey lets stick these two portraits down at the bottom in the middle of the screen so they look like they are stuck to Shepard's arse".

It would also be nice to have a switch that turns the HUD off altogether especially for those of us that like to dabble in making vids wink.gif (granted I have found a mod that does this now).

I am not a fan of the kind of HUD in Deadspace 2 though, I want clear information not vague pretty shiny things on my suit that are meant to give me some idea of what is happening

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:53 PM

The HUD in Dead Space works though as it's a survival/horror genre so the less things on the screen the more immersive it seems so it just works. Unlike Alan Wake where it leaves the objective on the screen for the entire level. Mass Effect doesn't need to completely remove the whole HUD from the screen, adjusting it so it's a little more minimal is fine but no need to get to dramatic and wipe it.

And i always felt the "tendrils of doom" thing suits FPS more seeing as it pretty much a first person view effect.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Members

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:03 PM

I always liked the hud of the first Mass Effect, it clearly showed what condition your teammates were in, if they had shields and how much of it left etc. I really hope they go back to that style.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

With the final DLC episode finally out of the way for Mass Effect 2 it seems they are going to start revealing info on Mass Effect 3. It will start in April with an "exclusive" (sic) reveal of the game in PSM3 :-

user posted image

source

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:45 PM

Seth Green has confirmed he'll be back on his twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/SethGreen/status/53877904181964800

Least surprising news in the thread.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:42 AM

Still, good to know. smile.gif

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:04 PM

Now that we have confirmation that the character called Joker whom is a PILOT of the SPACESHIP called the Normandy which flies through SPACE. Hopefully this will put an end to the complete dickheads on bioware social that keep saying "OMGZ like this game is so going to be set on Earth and nowhere else because of what we saw in a 1 minute f*cking teaser trailer".

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Apr 3 2011, 14:04)
Now that we have confirmation that the character called Joker whom is a PILOT of the SPACESHIP called the Normandy which flies through SPACE. Hopefully this will put an end to the complete dickheads on bioware social that keep saying "OMGZ like this game is so going to be set on Earth and nowhere else because of what we saw in a 1 minute f*cking teaser trailer".

Glad I don't read those forums now.

Why do you, anyway, if that's the level of discussion there? orly.gif

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (jelly @ Apr 3 2011, 13:20)
QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Apr 3 2011, 14:04)
Now that we have confirmation that the character called Joker whom is a PILOT of the SPACESHIP called the Normandy which flies through SPACE.  Hopefully this will put an end to the complete dickheads on bioware social that keep saying "OMGZ like this game is so going to be set on Earth and nowhere else because of what we saw in a 1 minute f*cking teaser trailer".

Glad I don't read those forums now.

Why do you, anyway, if that's the level of discussion there? orly.gif

From my visits to the BioWare forums I have seen some pretty decent discussion under all the talk of Garrus fangirls, Talimancers, stupid speculation etc. You just gotta comb through the sh*t to find the gems.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:40 PM

Yeah as Minic said if you can get through all the utter sh*te there is usually some good stuff on there ..... hm bit like GTAF really wink.gif . Plus I do get a few hits on my videos from the Bioware forum so it doesn't hurt to have a bit of a presence there. You just have to put up with a fair bit of idiocy to do it.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:44 PM Edited by papanesta, 07 April 2011 - 05:47 PM.

Who's excited?

user posted image

The full cover is even better.

user posted image

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:48 PM

Awesome, can't wait.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:09 PM

I'm going to try to avoid every piece of information regarding ME3 from now on. Not knowing which characters will appear and things like that will make ME3 more enjoyable to me. I already know that I'm gonna buy the game. And I don't want anything spoiled.

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Apr 7 2011, 18:09)
I'm going to try to avoid every piece of information regarding ME3 from now on. Not knowing which characters will appear and things like that will make ME3 more enjoyable to me. I already know that I'm gonna buy the game. And I don't want anything spoiled.

Same here, I just hope that I'll be able to stay away from the spoilers, as I easly fool myself to just read a bit, and then I get spoiled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users