After nearly a month of speculation and racing around with our smart phones trying to decode QRcodes we finally got our answer on the 11th December 2010 a day that will live in infamy. We finally got to see the first CG trailer for Mass Effect 3 and what an epic trailer.
Once more you take on the role of Commander Shepard and this time the odds are really stacked against you. In the previous games Commander Shepard managed to thwart the Reapers not once but TWICE. However now things are different the gloves are off and Harbinger is not playing the "nice guy" anymore. The final instalment of Shepards adventure looks set to involve a massive invasion of the Reaper fleet and their primary target is Earth. Will Earth burn ?, will Shepard manage to rally the different Citadel races to his cause ? .......... you will find out around the end of 2011.
- Game will show a “previously on Mass Effect” comic to make decisions if you’re starting from scartch
- Enhanced RPG elements
- More freedom with character skills
- Mods returning, swap out different parts such as barrels, scopes (effect both the weapon’s combat performance and its appearance)
- All classes can wield all weapons unhindered now
- Numerous endings
- Shooting specific armor parts can have certain effects, and the AI of the enemies will have them routing Shepard and will coordinate with each other
- Battlefields are going to be a great deal larger, and combat will be very varied.
- You will begin ME3 with most of your powers from ME2, that will get evolved in different ways later on
- New skills: Engineer can build turrets.
- Space Battles (NOT CONFIRMED BUT HINTED AT)
- Scenarios: larger. We will see people walking, ships fighting, architecture in greater detail. Searching for the photorealism of the sites using new lighting techniques on the stage
(click for bigger versions)
E3 Microsoft ME3 Compatibility "Showcase"
Note this is probably NOT the final artwork (which is a pity I think it looks pretty good) however it does hint that we will get a simultaneous release across the PC, PS3 and 360 which is good to hear.
EA has confirmed that Mass Effect 3 will see a simultaneous release on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. see here
US = 6th March 2012
EU = 9th March 2012
|12/12/2010||Officially Announced At The Spike TV Awards||Link||Link|
|12/12/2010||First CGI teaser trailer||Link||Link|
|10/02/2011||Clint Mansell (sound producer for the movie Moon) producing the music||Link||Link|
|22/03/2011||Tricia Helfer (EDI) confirms she is back in ME 3||Link||Link|
|02/04/2011||Seth Green (Joker) confirms he is back in ME 3||Link||Link|
|08/04/2011||Game Informer first preview||Link||Link|
|10/04/2011||Game Informer Mass Effect 3 hub Launched||Link||Link|
|20/04/2011||First Official Screenshots released on the net||Link||Link|
|03/05/2011||Mass Effect 3 appearance confirmed for E3||Link||Link|
|04/05/2011||Two new screenshots released and game delayed till 2012||Link||Link|
|02/06/2011||New IGN E3 Mass Effect 3 Preview & 3 new screenshots||Link||Link|
|06/06/2011||Mass Effect 3 E3 trailer||Link||Link|
|08/06/2011||4 Mass Effect 3 game play trailers released at E3||Link||Link|
|23/07/2011||Default Femshep Competition announced||Link||Link|
|16/08/2011||Mass Effect 3 shown during the EA conference at Games Con||Link||Link|