timecycle.dat

7 replies to this topic
smallcombe
  • smallcombe

smally

• Members

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:47 PM

Hey guys

Iím having some trouble editing the timecycle.dat for vice city. When I was modding ages ago I used to use this data editing tool that showed the colour of the number you typed into the timecycle.dat too show what colour it is but now I can't seem to find it. Looked all over the forums and gta tool sites, no luck. What tools do you guys use to edit this file because with out knowing the colours of the numbers you enter, its kinda just a guessing game confused.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:07 PM

Afaik everyone who edits the timecyc.dat just uses notepad. Explanation of timecyce.dat Here.
To find the color you're editing use paint's 'define custom colors' feature to get the rgb values (0-255) and type them into the timecyc.
I've never heard of a program to edit the timecyc so if someone finds it it would be much easier icon14.gif

m.luqman
  • m.luqman

Student Of Knowledge

• Members

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (frank.s @ Nov 11 2010, 15:07)
Afaik everyone who edits the timecyc.dat just uses notepad. Explanation of timecyce.dat Here.
To find the color you're editing use paint's 'define custom colors' feature to get the rgb values (0-255) and type them into the timecyc.
I've never heard of a program to edit the timecyc so if someone finds it it would be much easier icon14.gif

There is a program called G-CYC, But i haven't found any working links of it.

smallcombe
  • smallcombe

smally

• Members

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (frank.s @ Nov 12 2010, 01:07)

Hey thanks for the info, work flow worked well I used the CFG Studio 2 data tool to speed up the data entry. I might of been using the G-CYC tool not sure anyways thanks guys.

m.luqman
  • m.luqman

Student Of Knowledge

• Members

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (smallcombe @ Nov 12 2010, 03:52)
QUOTE (frank.s @ Nov 12 2010, 01:07)

Hey thanks for the info, work flow worked well I used the CFG Studio 2 data tool to speed up the data entry. I might of been using the G-CYC tool not sure anyways thanks guys.

Heres da link for G-cyc

http://www.playground.ru/files/39314/

lord_lc93
  • lord_lc93

IGI 2 COVERT STRIKE CHAMP

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (m.luqman @ Nov 11 2010, 18:44)
QUOTE (frank.s @ Nov 11 2010, 15:07)

There is a program called G-CYC, But i haven't found any working links of it.

Yeah u are right. But gtamodding is the best place to get it and I got it from there.

vurt
  • vurt

GTA III RAGE

• Members

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:57 AM

Are you people getting G-cyc to work right? for me it doesnt import anything (i've set the right path in loady_file_please.txt). It might import skytop and skybottom, but everything else is left black or at zero values. I tested with an unedited timecyc.

I think it would be interesting to make a timecyc with RGB values from real skies and sunsets etc + the sun should also be made yellow..

srcn91_34
  • srcn91_34

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

Use Cfg Studio

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users