» «
Photo

San Andreas Only loads halfway now...

6 replies to this topic
SpadeError
  • SpadeError

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:31 AM Edited by SpadeError, 09 November 2010 - 12:39 AM.

System Info:

GTA San Andreas 2nd addition
ZT Affinity Computer
Windows Vista Home Premuium
Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
1.00 GB Installed RAM
ATI Video Card.
Modded: Yes but did not work-Mods Removed

Please note that is is not about modding or getting a mod to work, I just want to get San Andreas to load again.

Allright I recently purchased a legal copy of San Andreas and it worked perfectly. But I tried to mod the GTA game but came out with one heck of a mess. First the .EXE filed became unresponsive. Since the IMG, Player Changer, and the player model mods /adds didn't work I uninstalled the game and tried to start fresh. ( exe file became unresponsive the moment I tried to run the game from my start menu)

Not sure if it's relevant but I also had Some cheats active while saving before I decided to try modding GTA.

I uninstalled and reinstalled it nothing changed, I did a few system restores and still nothing. Finally after working around it I got SA to get as far as start game > load save file > Load Drive By. And then as far as the load screen. However The bar only went half way and stopped. The music kept playing / no lagg or anything. But I had to go to my task manager and close it down, the manager read the load screen as non resoponsive. Which I did try and let it load for over ten minutes. I uninstalled once more and realized I had now two GTA SA folders in my start menu. One that said Rock Star Games and the other was Rock Star Games (40). In confusion I deleted all files and directories manually both in the start folder and in the C>Program Files > Rockstar Games. Probably a bad move.Well I installed it and still nothing worked and I tried to un install it again thinking I might have missed something, this time the uninstall wizard wouldn't respond so I did a final system restore and I got the game uninstalled. That was fixed. One more install later I decide to take a look into the directory and I noticed the gta3.img file is misisng as well as a few others. A few folders was missing as well. Can't remember what ones exactly. Some folders were till there as well as Vor

Finally I thought that maybe that if I deleted my saved games. (I had two) it would work, It did for that night. But when I shut the computer down for the night and then turned the game on the next day it went back to loading the game only half way. I've tried repeating my steps and this time those methods aren't working.

Currently in the directory C>Program Files >Rockstar Games > GTA San Andreas is:

Folders:

anim
audio
data
models
movies
ReadMe
text

Files:
eax.dll
gta_sa
ogg.dll
stream (which is a configuration settings file)
vorbis.dll
vorbisFile.dll

Am I miss anything, or is there a solution?
Thanks!

-SpadeError

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:18 AM Edited by lil weasel, 09 November 2010 - 01:54 AM.

First step is to just delete the GTA_SA.set file if it still exists. reboot and try to play.
It is presumed you do play with the Original DVD in the Drive.

UNINSTALL/install if yu have VISTA:
QUOTE ( [b)
girishb[/b] Posted Dec 15 2008, 15:42]
If you're on Vista, you'll need to do this:
1) Uninstall SA.
2) Delete the installation folder if it still exists. (e.g. C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).
3) Delete the Virtual Store copy of the installation folder too. The Appdata folder might be hidden. (e.g. C:\Users\???\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).
4) Delete the gta_sa.set file from your user files folder.
5) Reboot.
6) Reinstall SA.

You do know that to mod the Version 2 game it has to be downgraded?

SpadeError
  • SpadeError

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:49 AM

Yes I do have to play with the DVD in the driver. It won't allow otherwise.
The file you mentioned is there. Do I just delete that and see if it works or delete that and San Andreas.

It's not a virtual copy though it's the actual DVD. Will I need to look into Step 3?

To quote you on "UNINSTALL/install: VISTA"

Uninstalling Vista? I wouldn't know how to do that (if I read that correctly) and I do not have the disk, it was pre-installed.

SpadeError
  • SpadeError

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:58 AM

Oh wait! "Then try to play" Right I didn't see that hahaha. Allright doing that now.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:58 AM

Do NOT uninstall the VISTA, that is the operating system that these instructions apply to.

Deleting the Virtual Store copy at 3) Delete the Virtual Store copy of the installation folder too. The Appdata folder might be hidden. (e.g. C:\Users\???\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).
is usually missed when uninstalling the game, as the files are invisible when hidden. If not deleted the game is still as it was before. The game uses these files to play as if a were a 'backup' if the other files are corrupted, as I understand it.

SpadeError
  • SpadeError

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:05 AM

Ok, you had me worried there for a second. I know Vista is the operating system and whe I first looked at that I was thinking, "Oh heck, I really messed this up..."

Thanks I'm going to see if this works.

Jass5991
  • Jass5991

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:29 AM

If it doesn't,then choose a different install location. I think Vista keeps a ghost copy of the file, so you're forced to install it to a different location.

It worked for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users