Photo

[CLEO4] Aircraft Refueling Mod

29 replies to this topic
Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( エ-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:46 PM Edited by Adler, 06 December 2010 - 06:17 AM.

Aircraft Refueling Mod 2.00
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
This script requires the CLEO 4 library installed. Get the latest build at:
http://cleo.sannybui...CLEO4_setup.exe

Requested by SkylineGTRFreak in the GTAForums Coding Request Topic

This is an expanded version of my air-to-air refueling script adding a fuel system for planes and helicopters. Refueling is available at LSX, SFO, LAS, and the Verdant Meadows airstrip as well as in the air via tanker aircraft (Andromada) by pressing the Equal (=) button.

Refueling from zero to a full tank costs $100000 for regular planes and double the amount for the AT400 and Andromada (free of cost in the Cost-Free Refueling version). On a full tank you will be able to fly for approximately 1 hour real-time (or more than 2 days in standard game time) until the plane runs out of fuel. When the fuel arrives at about 5 minutes until it runs out, a red light will appear on the fuel gauge as an indicator.

CHANGELOG
    • Fuel System implemented
    • Fuel Gauge added on the HUD while in planes and helicopters
    • Fuel Gauge illuminates at nighttime
    • Refueling at airports now possible
    • Tanker aircraft arrives faster and will allow refueling
    • When planes run out of fuel they will drop to the ground
    • When helicopters run out of fuel they will gradually fall to the ground
    • Cost-Free Refueling version added
    • First Public Release
Press the Equal (=) button while in a plane to request a tanker. The tanker will travel faster when in a Hydra or a Shamal and will be slower for other planes. Alternatively you can refuel at the airports marked on the radar by default (LSX, SFO, LAS, Verdant Meadows).

It is recommended that you use SkylineGTRFreak's KC-767 or KC-10 plane mods with this script.

>> Mirror at Deji's GTAGangstas site. <<

Thanks to SkylineGTRFreak for the video!

DSMTuner
  • DSMTuner

Decorated As F*ck

• Members

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:51 AM Edited by DSMTuner, 15 November 2010 - 10:50 PM.

Niiiice! biggrin.gif

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( エ-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:19 AM

Thanks man! Here's what I'm planning to add in the next version:
  • An actual fuel system where you'd have to refuel for extended flight
  • When the plane runs out of fuel it can no longer accelerate but can still glide for a bit
  • A fuel gauge on the screen
  • Refueling at airports for an amount of money (haven't decided how much since the cost in real life is too much for SA)
  • Removing the hassle of having to slow down for the tanker in In-Flight Refueling

uNi
  • uNi

instantrum

• None

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:40 AM

Looks pretty interesting, I'll keep checking for future releases for sure.

1stresponse
  • 1stresponse

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:52 AM Edited by 1stresponse, 15 November 2010 - 02:55 AM.

QUOTE (uni @ Nov 14 2010, 06:40)
Looks pretty interesting, I'll keep checking for future releases for sure.

me too,that's very interesting,.but dude,i have a problem,.i cant replace my C-130 for a stratotanker air-to-air refueling...i love also my C-130 which can transport vehicles island to island in no time,..i can ADD the plane In-game(not replace) but no .ASI engine file or cleo 3 for the refueling and other abilities that only androm can do,.. i dont know how to edit a CLEO 4 .cs file...i hope someone could make,anyway...VERRRYY VERYYY NICE MOD....making GTA SA into REAL. car gasoline with nitro + playing with planes refueling system = AWESOME biggrin.gif

uNi
  • uNi

instantrum

• None

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:08 AM

After watching the video, I think it would be more interesting it if took a bit longer to refuel.

DSMTuner
  • DSMTuner

Decorated As F*ck

• Members

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (Adler @ Nov 14 2010, 06:19)
Thanks man! Here's what I'm planning to add in the next version:
  • An actual fuel system where you'd have to refuel for extended flight
  • When the plane runs out of fuel it can no longer accelerate but can still glide for a bit
  • A fuel gauge on the screen
  • Refueling at airports for an amount of money (haven't decided how much since the cost in real life is too much for SA)
  • Removing the hassle of having to slow down for the tanker in In-Flight Refueling

Those updates are sweet! But if anything please don't make the fuel gauge in a dumb position likes those people that put one big gauge in the middle of the screen lol.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( エ-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:05 AM

@1stresponse

As far as I know there's no way to have both as those special vehicle abilities and whatnot are hard-coded. confused.gif

@uni

Hmmm in the next version when I have fuel implemented I'll make you wait for the fuel to fill up then lol.

@DSMTuner

Haha don't worry I'm very OCD sometimes about the placement of things but do you (or anyone else) want the gauge to be in a certain location? I was thinking of putting it above the radar to avoid conflicts with the Aircraft Instruments mod but I haven't fully decided yet.

1stresponse
  • 1stresponse

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:51 AM Edited by 1stresponse, 17 November 2010 - 07:27 AM.

Download this adler and see how does my plane refuel an ADDED airplane in my GAME
http://www.mediafire...hqypcxblxp6c7in
can you make your air refueling system in a CLEO 3 script? blush.gif because i cant edit it using CLEO 4,. i want to ADD the KC-10 or the STRATOTANKER using ADDED ID confused.gif pls?

and Finalize your mod in the next version bro..it is very nice script
1. GAUGE
2. Airport fueling and air-to-air refueling with gauge,if empty it will crash biggrin.gif lol
3. Much longer time for fueling,much cost also biggrin.gif
4. i hope it has Knots meter lol.gif

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( エ-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:45 AM

No sorry I don't think there is much point to converting it to CLEO 3. How come you can't edit CLEO 4? It's the same as with CLEO 3 but you just need CLEO 4's SASCM.ini and opcodes.txt.

So let me understand what you're saying... You want my script to use the ID of the added KC-10 or KC-135 instead of the Andromada? You can just decompile the script and change the ID of the plane where it is created and be able to do that.

Yeah... I think it will be final next if all the bugs are worked out. Also I don't want the cost to be too high so that you'd have to spend all your money to fill up a plane. From Google searches it seems that to fully fill up a 747 it would cost almost half a million dollars. I was thinking of making the cost of refueling within the range of ten grand to 200 thousand to fully fuel a plane in SA (maybe for larger planes it should cost more than for smaller planes).

As for the Knots meter, I believe the Aircraft Instruments mod or Ryosuke's HUD mod use knots (correct me if I'm wrong) to measure air speed so I'll just keep this an aircraft fuel script without the other stuff.

DSMTuner
  • DSMTuner

Decorated As F*ck

• Members

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:33 PM Edited by DSMTuner, 18 November 2010 - 08:04 PM.

QUOTE (Adler @ Nov 17 2010, 03:05)

Haha don't worry I'm very OCD sometimes about the placement of things but do you (or anyone else) want the gauge to be in a certain location? I was thinking of putting it above the radar to avoid conflicts with the Aircraft Instruments mod but I haven't fully decided yet.

Can you make a special position for me, right under the money?

1stresponse
  • 1stresponse

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:22 AM Edited by 1stresponse, 18 November 2010 - 01:33 AM.

i'm using a Windows 7 OS and everytime i install the cleo 4, there is always an error in the installation. Only the bass,the CLEO.asi file installed properly, but i cant create or open cleo 4 script not just like in cleo 3,.

Finish it asap adler,.maybe i will use my AC130, Because cant open a cleo 4 script. it still works even not a KC-10
if you done your script in its final version i will rate it 101/100,.. biggrin.gif
for now, i rate it as 50/100 because it is not finish, but still, i love to use your script even not finish, just pretending that it is finish. biggrin.gif

and in additional,..my money is always give by a cheat,..dont know where to spend my money that's why i want higher cost confused.gif

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( エ-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:00 AM

You can still edit CLEO 4 scripts by going here to download the latest Opcode Database that Deji put together.

I'll finish by 28 November since I've got some school stuff to do for now.

@DSMTuner

Hmmm sure when I get it done I'll send you that version. wink.gif

DSMTuner
  • DSMTuner

Decorated As F*ck

• Members

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:33 PM

Thanks! biggrin.gif

1stresponse
  • 1stresponse

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:34 AM

thnx for the link, i change your ID to my ADDED plane ID,it works,..but i have a question,why is it goes down when the plane is ariving in location?then flew up after you've touch the green color at the back of the tanker,or maybe my plane's handling has wrong inputs dozingoff.gif
But still works biggrin.gif

1stresponse
  • 1stresponse

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:59 AM

adler,in additional, i know it is not a tutorial forum but, did you just copy opcodes and mix together depends how you want to use them? blush.gif

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( エ-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:25 AM

Don't double-post; use the EDIT on the top-right of your post.

QUOTE (1stresponse @ Nov 18 2010, 22:34)
thnx for the link, i change your ID to my ADDED plane ID,it works,..but i have a question,why is it goes down when the plane is ariving in location?then flew up after you've touch the green color at the back of the tanker,or maybe my plane's handling has wrong inputs  dozingoff.gif
But still works  biggrin.gif

The plane flies by itself as I did not include any special coding to control the plane. I only spawned it at a certain height so it wouldn't crash into anything on the ground.

QUOTE (1stresponse @ Nov 18 2010, 23:59)
adler,in additional, i know it is not a tutorial forum but, did you just copy opcodes and mix together depends how you want to use them? blush.gif

What? mercie_blink.gif

Hmmm well I guess that's what coding is because I couldn't possibly remember all those opcodes. And there is a Tutorial Forum here...

BnB
  • BnB

The Yardies

• Members
  • Saint-Vincent-and-the-Grenadines

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:02 AM

Nice mod cookie.gif Waiting for other releases!

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( エ-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:52 PM

Thanks man! Also, Thanksgiving Break just started for me which lasts a whole week (meaning a whole lotta time to work on this mod)! sleepy.gif

TheSiggi
  • TheSiggi

Surgeon

• Members

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (Adler @ Nov 20 2010, 19:52)
Thanks man! Also, Thanksgiving Break just started for me which lasts a whole week (meaning a whole lotta time to work on this mod)! sleepy.gif

You should be slapped with the wing of a F-15 lol.gif

Nice job, I expact some awesome updates tounge.gif

1stresponse
  • 1stresponse

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:05 AM

thanksfor the site again biggrin.gif
I'm practicing how to make own script for now,.. biggrin.gif

and,...i can't wait for your fueling system.

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:39 AM

I can't wait for the next version either, sounds epic inlove.gif

@1stresponse

Did you solve your problem with not being able to fully install CLEO4 on Win7 machine ?
You have to right click the install file, and run as administrator. It will work fine for you. I just upgraded to Win7 from WinXP and took me bout 5 mins to solve that problem lol.

1stresponse
  • 1stresponse

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:37 AM Edited by 1stresponse, 26 November 2010 - 07:18 AM.

QUOTE (methodunderg @ Nov 25 2010, 05:39)
I can't wait for the next version either, sounds epic inlove.gif

@1stresponse

Did you solve your problem with not being able to fully install CLEO4 on Win7 machine ?
You have to right click the install file, and run as administrator. It will work fine for you. I just upgraded to Win7 from WinXP and took me bout 5 mins to solve that problem lol.

at 1st,when i install CLEO_4.exe/setup, 1st extract = fine,2nd extract error, error, error.....blah,blah,blah

Haha,what i did is,..install it to DESKTOP..they are all extracted then i just copy them and paste in my Directory Paths,.then data/sa will be sent to sanny builder for opcode updates,..after 3 days,i've learn too many things about sanny builder like,.."i dont just need to download coords/coordinates finder tools,..because sanny builder can find for me LOL" "opcodes can be search in "SB" but more updates are awesome after adler sent the sites of opcodes,..scripting and looping sometimes like making own sentence or statements,..thnx anyway biggrin.gif

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( エ-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:12 PM Edited by Adler, 28 November 2010 - 06:31 PM.

I've got the fuel gauge working and the refueling at airports or by tanker working, but I've got some problems with how the plane/helicopter is supposed to act when it runs out of fuel so I'm pushing the release to 30 November 2010. Since this is a critical component of the mod (still being able to control the plane/heli when it runs out of fuel = wtf??) I'm gonna need a couple extra days to work on it. Hopefully you guys won't mind because GTAGarage usually takes a while to approve mods anyways. tounge.gif

EDIT

Here's some pics of the fuel gauge (above the radar):
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
The counter for the fuel is on the left side of the screen is only for debug purposes and will not be in the final release. I've also accelerated the time it takes for fuel to run out so I can test what happens when the fuel runs out.

I haven't tested the fuel gauge without the GTA IV HUD because my game seems to have some kind of dependency on it (crashes at startup when I try to remove it wow.gif ) but I'm pretty sure it works lol.

DSMTuner
  • DSMTuner

Decorated As F*ck

• Members

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:31 PM

That's awesome how you could change the color of the gauge icon14.gif can't wait to use it. I got a new computer so I gotta reinstall all my stuff lol

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( エ-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:52 AM

Well the gauge only has those three colors (the first one is during daytime, the second during the night, and the last one when you're almost gonna run out of fuel), but I could add that feature in if you want lol.

1stresponse
  • 1stresponse

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:47 AM

cool,..i cant wait,...uhm,..how about, nightshift, can you make a background light for the gauge? i mean brighter? biggrin.gif

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( エ-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:01 AM

Ahh after the day at school today I'm gonna need to push the date a little farther to maybe Sunday. I forgot how little time I have left for modding because of school. sad.gif

@1stresponse

What do you mean by "nightshift?" And a background light eh... sure maybe I'll try it. So do you want to be able to configure the gauge's color yourself too?

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( エ-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:56 AM

Sorry for the double-post but Version 2.00 has been released! Check first post for the info. Any problems or suggestions please post here. smile.gif

Oooh I just noticed that I'm now a Trusted Modder. Thanks to whoever added me to that group! tounge.gif

1stresponse
  • 1stresponse

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:56 AM

woww..haha thanx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users