» «
Photo

Gta:Tangerine State

14 replies to this topic
eastcoastboy17
  • eastcoastboy17

American badass

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:21 PM Edited by eastcoastboy17, 07 November 2010 - 05:26 PM.

user posted image

user posted image
My game will be set in tangerine state,which is based off florida.4 cities will be featured including vice city which is receiving a total makeover and will more closely resemble miami than in pervious renditions. The game is set in 2011and the theme from gta vice city carrys over with the high nightlife fast money and the drug scene.

user posted image

Money plays a even more larger role in gta tagerine state. There are two money system. Clean money and dirty money,clean moneyis gain through working side jobs,Earning income from legit business and from certain objectives that dont involves getting your hands messy. Dirty money on the other hand is gained through illegal business,drug dealing and robbery. Each have there benefits,for example you can bribe local lawmen and gangmember at a lower price with dirty money.

user posted image

Businesses can be brought all across the state and all the businesses have there benefits for example,with the strip club you will receive free lap dances which will boost health and when you buy a car dealership. You will get rare cars that are normally ontainable. But with owning a business comes with being attacked by enemy gang members and having your bussiness dismantled. To combat gangs approuch on your business, you can buy security to seize off the gangs or you can buy material such as bulletproof windows and explosive resistant walls to further protect your places.

Drugs
you can also buy drugs off drug dealers, each dealing in certain drugs like the columbians dealing cocaine and the angels of death dealing meth and if you keep buying or selling to them you will get a discount on the products they offer. Drug mules can be hired to push the drugs for you, they can be accessed from your phone just call them and set up a city for them to sell the product. You can also buy drug houses to store the drugs, but certain ones can hold up a few at a time. You can also find land in the state for the sole purpose of growing your drugs.

user posted image

•Tattoos and haircuts can be brought
•Car trunks can be use to store drugs and weapons
•Car interiors can be torn apart due to serious crash or bullets
•Cars can be torn in half
•newspaper can be brought
•Building exteriors can get damage due to fire or rockets
•Cars can now be customized
•Boats can be saved at boathouses
•Planes helicopters and jets can be used
•You can use the airport to travel faster
•Taxis return
•You can now hang out with up to 4 friends at a time
•You can now dive underwater
•Helitours similar to that of gta 4 is featured at each city
•You can visit the many gyms to build muscles and learn new fighting moves
•Ammu-nation returns
•New to the series is weapon customization
•Weapon accessories includea scopes red dot sights grenade lauchers and camoflauge
•You can rob peoples items inside of cars
•Safehouses can be rented

Comedy club-the same as gta 4

Surfing-can only be played at a beach

Bowling-same as gta4

Darts-same as gta 4

Beach patrol-avaliable at any beach

Marathon-you can race other people on foot

Skydiving-same as tbogt

Carnival-carnivals can be visited but only on certain times of the day

Strip club- same as gta4

Circus-work in the same ways as the carbinet except with longer acts

Hotel party-only accessed at vice beach

user posted image

Columbian cartel
Race:Hispanic
Drug of choice:coke
Territory:Vice city

The mexican cartel
Drug of choice:coke
Territory:Vice city palm city

The cash money homies
Race:African american
Drug of choice:weed crack
Territory:All over the slums of vice city

The angels of death
Race:cacuassion
Drug of choice:Meth herion
Territory:clubhouse in vice city

The ruff bandits mc club
Drug of choice:Weed meth
Territory:Clubhouse in palm city

The crazy hillbillies
Drug of choice:Meth
Territory:Around the waterglades

The cubans
Drug of choice:Coke and herion
Territory:Vice city and all over palm citu

The ghetto kings
Race:African american
Drug of choice:Weed and crack
Territory:Ghettos of vice city palm city and vice city

user posted image

Welcome to tangerine. This state enjoys year long sunny weather and it known for its exotic nightclubs smooth beaches and wonderful attractions. It has earn the nickname the getaway state for its increasing population of immegrants. You start off in vice city, right around washington beach. Other cities will be unlock as you progress futher into the storyline.

Vice city-Vice city is the largest city in tangerine. Since the 80s vice city has saw an increase in drug related crimes. Its beaches nice nieghborhoods and yearlong sun has saw vice city gain an increase in population. This is where you first began the game.

Palm city-Based on tampa, this city is located on the far western side of the state. It is one of the more glamor cities but despite this still holds alot of gang problem. This is the second city sam encounters and the first that needs to be unlocked.

Jernigan-Based on orlando, This city holds many attractions and theme parks. The city grew alot during the 1980s and as a result holds the 2nd largest population out of the whole state, it holds the least amount of gangs due to it status as a family destination so drugs are a lot harder to push here. This is the third city sam encounters and the second that needs to be unlocked.

Fort oasis-Based on fort lauderdale. This is the fourth city sam encounters and the final one to be unlocked. It has been known in recent years as the "venice of tangerine" because of its canal and sizeable docks,due to this exploit It is a top spot for traffickers to bring in there stuff by yact. It is also a popular area for college teens looking to score some dope and because of this, the city saw an increase in drugs being sold here.

The waterglades-Based on the everglades, the waterglades lies just north of vice city. It is made up of tropical wetland, swamps and forest. It is the largest area on the map taking it up almost entirely, you can find a certain spot here and grow your products but beware, the crazy hillbillies dont take kindly to intruders and will blast on sight.

user posted image

You play as sam hernadez a 28 year old life long criminal. Sam was born in bogota columbia. His mother was a white bar waitress and his father a columbian railroad worker. When sam was 9 his father died in a tragic accident. His mother later relocated to vice city to find more work. It was this time that he became expose to the drug dealers around his neighborhood, by time he was 17 he has been arrested 4 times on drug charges. It was when he was in jail for his 5 offense he met gerald mendez a big time drug pusher. Gerald took a young sam under his wings, teaching him how to shoot, fight and to make his own narcotics.
Sam quickly became his righthand man and earn fairly amount of money. He enjoyed fancy cars fine jewery and lots of women, things was going well for him. Until the Spring of 2004 Sam joined gerald in a suppose drug deal with the columbian cartel. The deal was a setup and sam was betrayed by gerald and shot while trying to escape, he was left wounded for the police to find him. Sam was arrested and charged for attempted narcotics disturbution and for having an illegal firearm and as a result served 7 years in prison. Sam was released in late 2011. With no one to turn to he is force to take revenge on his former mentor and take over the state in the process.

user posted image

•Vrock-80s rock and roll
•VCFR (vice city for rockers)-modern rock and roll
•Liberty sounds fm-modern rap and hip hop
•The message 97.2-old school rap and hip hop
•Vice beach fm-Techno and dance
•Emotion fm-rnb and soul
•Esperato-Salsa latin rap and latin jazz
•Vcfr (vice city free radio)-Talk radio
•Ptr (Political tangerine radio)-Political radio

More on the way!

Credit goes to narcis_speed6 for the logos.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:26 PM

It's extremely hard to read when it's purple. I suggest you change it so something a bit more esthetically pleasing and easier on the eyes.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:55 PM

I cant read It, change the colour icon14.gif

Niko_Vercetti7
  • Niko_Vercetti7

No Comment

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:06 PM

The color gives me a migraine and makes me feel like stabbing both my eyes with some sort of sharp pointy instrument. I really have no idea where that all came from just please change the color it'll be easier to read.

san andreas state
  • san andreas state

MERRY CHRISTMAS MUTHAPHUCKAAA!!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:06 PM

good start! icon14.gif icon14.gif

now for the critic in me,
ok first change the color of the text to something else
second get some matching headers, i mean seriously a yellow logo with pink headers???

good luck biggrin.gif

eastcoastboy17
  • eastcoastboy17

American badass

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:07 PM

I change the colors to orange icon14.gif .

san andreas state
  • san andreas state

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:08 PM

good, but now its starting to look to much like my concept......

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:09 PM

I think it would look much better if it were just white. Would go better with the graphics as well.

san andreas state
  • san andreas state

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:12 PM

yeaaahhh and i just read it and some of the features remind me of something dear to me on these forums,
but what could it be..........o i know MY concept!!!

and did you steal those headers from a old concept?

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:14 PM Edited by Official General, 07 November 2010 - 05:32 PM.

Let me add a few bits of advice and criticsms on your concept:

* No disrespect, but the title, "Tangerine State" sounds a bit silly if you ask me. I know Florida is famous for producing tangerines, but I just can't see that name as suitable sounding name for a GTA game.

* The protagonist being of Mexican descent is not a good choice if you ask me. Accurate realism should be applied here especially. Mexican criminal organizations do not have a strong presence in Florida, they are better known for being dominant in the Los Angeles underworld. The protagonist should ideally be of Cuban or Colombian descent - South Florida is home to millions of Cuban and Colombians, and the Cuban and Colombian crime syndicates are generally the dominant players in Florida's cocaine/drug trade.

* You should have included Haitian gangs - there are plenty of them in Miami and they have notorious reputations and they are greatly feared.

* The initial main storyline and plot needs to be looked at again and re-done. It is not original enough. That drug deal-gone-bad, " its a set-up ! " scenario has been done before in the first Vice City game. Plus, its very predictable and a bit played-out. You need to show more creativity and originality to make people find the story intriguing and interesting from the start.

* There is no way you can make the Orlando-based city in your game the largest city in the state. If you are gonna be realistically accurate in your fictional replication of Florida, then follow facts. Miami is Florida's largest metro area in terms of population, not Orlando. That should make Vice City your largest city in the game, population-wise. You need to make more sense here.

Other than that, it looks ok, but I do understand its still early days.

Niko_Vercetti7
  • Niko_Vercetti7

No Comment

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:16 PM

Personally I feel that a GTA portraying the entire great state of Florida is a fantastic idea! It's just so damn beautiful here, aside from the gangs but they usually keep to themselves.
user posted image

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:16 PM

Its a pretty good start good luck with your topic icon14.gif

Niko_Vercetti7
  • Niko_Vercetti7

No Comment

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:38 PM

Here in Florida we grow oranges not tangerines. We might grow some tangerines but I'm not sure I ain't a farmer even though I speak like one.

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:19 PM

Nice icon14.gif icon14.gif cookie.gif

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:22 AM

I love the fact that the first ten replies were about the colours of the post... this is more like a soft-furnishings forum biggrin.gif

Regarding the content (as opposed to the sartorial shortcomings) I don't think "Tangerine State" does it for me really.

It's probably a localisation issue but I guess the title has to work globally. It just sounds a bit... well... meh.

The rest's pretty good though, I could see it working as a proper framework for a game. My only worry is this; the fact that one of the four main data fields for each area is the Drug of Choice leads me to wonder if the focus of the piece is directed sufficiently towards characterisation/locale as much as it should be or if it just attempts to siphon credibility from 'street' knowledge.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users