Photo

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

265 replies to this topic
papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:23 PM Edited by papanesta, 29 November 2010 - 07:29 PM.

QUOTE (Waddy @ Nov 29 2010, 16:49)
QUOTE (papanesta @ Nov 28 2010, 20:06)
I'm still loving this, but like a lot of recent releases, it has some f*cking stupid glitches.

Especially in the missions where you have to follow people. Like the one I just experienced, where one target got stuck, but the other kept going, causing me to fail. Just really annoying. confused.gif

Yeah there are a few like that.

I am on it second time round and doing all the stuff I did after completing the story first this time. Going to get the lair missions done and the recruiting up and done, will be loads of help later in the game. It is awesome.

I've always had the maximum number of assassins available since I could start recruiting, which I believe was 7. I love how lazy and awesome calling an arrow storm feels. Those ten targets? 60 seconds? Try less than 5... biggrin.gif

I'm still doing on my first playthrough, what you're doing on your second!

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Nov 29 2010, 19:23)
I'm still loving this, but like a lot of recent releases, it has some f*cking stupid glitches.

Especially in the missions where you have to follow people. Like the one I just experienced, where one target got stuck, but the other kept going, causing me to fail. Just really annoying. confused.gif

I am on it second time round and doing all the stuff I did after completing the story first this time. Going to get the lair missions done and the recruiting up and done, will be loads of help later in the game. It is awesome.

I've always had the maximum number of assassins available since I could start recruiting, which I believe was 7. I love how lazy and awesome calling an arrow storm feels. Those ten targets? 60 seconds? Try less than 5... biggrin.gif

Well now I have my 7 full Assassins at my call I can get through the story quicker and more enjoyable. I just want to get that sweet Romulas armour then I'm set. The arrow storms are superb, can you call for them mid battle?

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Waddy @ Nov 30 2010, 16:12)
QUOTE (papanesta @ Nov 29 2010, 19:23)

Well now I have my 7 full Assassins at my call I can get through the story quicker and more enjoyable. I just want to get that sweet Romulas armour then I'm set. The arrow storms are superb, can you call for them mid battle?

Ha ha, yeah. My favourite time to use them. When you're totally surrounded, then just hold RB. biggrin.gif

That or when you accidentally bump into one of them and he gets up in your face...

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:51 PM

What is up with that bloody apple, it's complete bollocks and i'd rather just use a knife, sequence 8 is a sh*t sequence....

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Nov 30 2010, 16:51)
What is up with that bloody apple, it's complete bollocks and i'd rather just use a knife, sequence 8 is a sh*t sequence....

Yeah it was a bit strange. I think you just panic a little and are like what the hell etc. It is powerful though and does the job, just have to wait until its charged etc. Also your assassins should help?

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (Waddy @ Nov 30 2010, 18:14)
QUOTE (Seddo @ Nov 30 2010, 16:51)

Yeah it was a bit strange. I think you just panic a little and are like what the hell etc. It is powerful though and does the job, just have to wait until its charged etc. Also your assassins should help?

Yeah i had a few assassin's helping but they didn't really seem effective in this sequence, plus i was charging the apple up and it didn't do nothing on a few occasions.

Completed the storyline now anyway, nice last mission, being at the colosseum in the present day was pretty cool.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:08 PM

Well that won't be a surprise now. mad.gif

Just kidding, knew I'd get it at some point, but more spoiler tags might have been nice...

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:56 PM

Finally picked this up last night.

While it does pick up where the other one left off it certainly feels like it's own game thus far. Hated losing all my things and money from the previous game but that was certainly forseeable.

I haven't messd with the MP just yet but I watched a few clips last night, looks pretty fun.

beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

Is this an expansion? Been hearing good things about this game. Wondering if I should pick up AC2 so I know exactly what's going on. I'm a big story guy so I wouldn't mind. I heard AC1 sucked really bad and not worth picking up.

Thoughts?

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:01 PM

It seems to be a direct sequel to the events of AC2 so getting AC2 would be a good idea to fully grasp what's going on I would think, I haven't actually got Brotherhood yet (I'm getting it for Christmas) but from all the media released for the game kinda gives off.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

soon to be dead

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (beavis @ Dec 5 2010, 16:40)
Is this an expansion? Been hearing good things about this game. Wondering if I should pick up AC2 so I know exactly what's going on. I'm a big story guy so I wouldn't mind. I heard AC1 sucked really bad and not worth picking up.

Thoughts?

I would rent ac1 just for the story and definetly buy ac2 because it's leagues better than the first.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:40 PM

AC1 was great for me, thats what got me so into the series.

AC2 was awesome and I can play and play it.

ACB isnt really an expansion, its a full game and its f*cking glorious! Just finishing it for the third time. Over xmas I am gona do all 3 in a row cool.gif

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:23 PM

Glad people have finally posted in here again. Finished this two nights ago. 93%. Not bad at all. smile.gif

But, how confusing was the ending?! Did anybody who has finished watch the credits? There was a tiny bit of dialogue that made the ending even more confusing. It's Inception, right? As Desmond, we have played as Altair then Ezio, but surely we have never actually been Desmond. Unless "they" have Desmond in an Animus, somehow reliving his own memories. However, it might not even be Desmond, but a descendant even further in the future. This depends on his family tree, of course. I really don't know. But what I do know, is that I can't wait for 3, and I'm glad it's out next year.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:24 AM

One thing right off the bat that made me nearly cheer in my seat is the fact that they are finally marking feathers and flags once they're spotted.

I went through the trouble of getting all the treasures in the last game and all the feathers...almost..except one.

I went through the entire listing looking for a solitary feather and was like "f*ck it" which is weird for me because I'm a big time completionist for games I really like but I was pretty pissed that there was no point of reference for where the feather might be. Like even if the stats had read " FLORENCE: 19/20 FEATHERS FOUND" that would have really helped narrow it down but I wasn't willing to go through 100 possible locations again.

@beavis: Honestly, I would play them all if story is important to you. Each installment builds off of a central storyline and should be played as several details are cross referenced from previous games in each installment. I would totally avoid collecting the flags in AC1 though there's a ridiculous amount and it unlocks nothing but an achievement.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (Waddy @ Dec 5 2010, 18:40)
Over xmas I am gona do all 3 in a row  cool.gif

Might actually do that myself if i can pick up the game from somewhere.

QUOTE (meta187)
Like even if the stats had read "FLORENCE: 19/20 FEATHERS FOUND" that would have really helped narrow it down but I wasn't willing to go through 100 possible locations again.

Assassin's Creed 2 did have the feathers found counter split into districts, when you went into the Animus database and looked through the memories, the feathers were split into districts like that.

I'm like you, i'm a completionist (or try to be) so it was good that i didn't have to stare at a PC screen and ticking off locations for the collectables. Found them all quite easily as they were marked on the map, although some were a bitch to figure out how to get to.

@papanesta, did you do those Glyph solutions? can't quite remember but wasn't there a mention of a son, Desmond's maybe? also one of the fellows in the credits talking was named William M...M for Miles, maybe Desmond's father?

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:14 AM Edited by meta187, 06 December 2010 - 03:50 AM.

QUOTE (Seddo @ Dec 6 2010, 01:01)
Assassin's Creed 2 did have the feathers found counter split into districts, when you went into the Animus database and looked through the memories, the feathers were split into districts like that.

Really? I looked inside the menu pretty thoroughly and wasn't able to spot it.

I will quite literally go back just for that, it's been bugging me ever since I put AC2 down.

*What's the deal with that UPLAY crap? Worth messing with?

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Dec 6 2010, 01:14)
*Whats the deal with that UPLAY crap? Worth messing with?

I've been using UPlay, you can unlock bonus features with it such as a bigger bullet capacity, Altair's robes and Ezio's nobleman clothes.

All I've got to do is win the highest bet possible and then I will have unlocked every trophy. Unfortunately thanks to the stupid timer, its easier said then done. confused.gif

p.s. Does anyone know if AC Bloodlines is worth getting for the PSP?

rdbx1234
  • rdbx1234

Cow-tippin Crack Baby

• Members

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:14 AM Edited by rdbx1234, 06 December 2010 - 05:16 AM.

QUOTE (02fishera @ Dec 6 2010, 02:30)

Well if you want to learn more about the story and the visuals(its great for a psp) I guess so. afaik it continues on from the ac1 end.

But, it has a really low amount of pedestrians which makes it feel dead and boring, which is why I never even completed it. tounge.gif

I haven't completed AC2 either, I stopped before I was even halfway into the game, like 6 months ago. I'm thinking about playing it again though thanks to my history class.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:11 AM

Definitely. As for PSP standards it's an awesome game.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Dec 6 2010, 01:01)

@papanesta, did you do those Glyph solutions? can't quite remember but wasn't there a mention of a son, Desmond's maybe? also one of the fellows in the credits talking was named William M...M for Miles, maybe Desmond's father?

I always guess wrong but I reckon Ezio has a kid with Katarina? The bint he was doing at the start of ACB. So maybe it just continues, would love to eventually see a modern day version!

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:55 AM Edited by badboy_zay, 06 December 2010 - 11:05 AM.

dammit, this ACB is awesome,gameplay and graphic,sound... so awesome
but story is a big ass disappoint,1 sequence = 1 main mission ??? you gotta be f*cking kidding
i remember AC2 got a great story,1 sequence may have over 5 main mission and it will took you over 20 hours if you do main mission only
and this one took me over 20 hours too,but i spend most of my time on side mission
i hope i can expect more in AC3,i'm looking foward to see some action from Desmond icon14.gif

p/s:
Glad people have finally posted in here again. Finished this two nights ago. 93%. Not bad at all. smile.gif

But, how confusing was the ending?! Did anybody who has finished watch the credits? There was a tiny bit of dialogue that made the ending even more confusing. It's Inception, right? As Desmond, we have played as Altair then Ezio, but surely we have never actually been Desmond. Unless "they" have Desmond in an Animus, somehow reliving his own memories. However, it might not even be Desmond, but a descendant even further in the future. This depends on his family tree, of course. I really don't know. But what I do know, is that I can't wait for 3, and I'm glad it's out next year.

i think the dialogue is between Shaun and William M(the guy that send Lucy email and talk about Desmond,i think he is Master Assassin in modern time),i think they have bring Desmond to new hideout with more assassin.they must put Desmond back to Animus because he was in sock. And i think Desmond will go back to the time before he touch P.O.E,save himself
and who know,maybe Lucy is still alive,but why stab she in the stomatch??if you unlock all the truth file,Subject 16 talk about "your son",i was really mindf*ck in that part,somehow i think Lucy got pregnant with Desmond,probably she do this because Desmond is half human blood, half "The guys who came before" blood,this is the only way to save the world

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:35 PM Edited by meta187, 08 December 2010 - 12:55 AM.

One thing I'm liking thus far in this installment is how they've scaled back the whole notoriety thing by phasing out the Wanted Posters and not haveing people chase after you for anything and everything (though the rooftop archers seem a bit more "shoot first and ask questions later"). I actually get in more fights with the guards now because once you've killed the group it's resolved for a bit, which feels more fun at the end of the day than running away tearing paper off walls, hiding all the time and constantly paying off the town crier.

On the flipside the segmented puzzles (which I never enjoy much) seem more arduous than ever. How dare you actually make me use my brain Ubisoft! I just want to jump off buildings and stab people in the neck all day. tounge.gif

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:26 AM

Wanted posters come back later. tounge.gif

Some of the puzzles were a bastard. I had to look up one answer. Was not impressed. Shaun was useless.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:30 AM

I've solved 4 so far and looked up one.

And you're right most of Shaun's advice is obvious observation is obvious type stuff.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:05 PM

I completed 6 on my own and had to look up the other 4.

Did not have a clue what to do with those wheels that were missing symbols and were just blank.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:16 AM

I had to look up the one about making things without hand or machine, I think it was.

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:53 AM

I finally got all of the Trophies, now I'm not sure whether to start a new game or not.

As for the ending, I'm not sure what happened to Desmond, I've heard so many theories I'm not sure what to believe. But I'm pretty sure AC3 will be set in Revolutionary France and there are a couple things that back this theory up:

- Shaun talks about the Masonic Eye and Phrygian Cap only appearing together in one place. That is the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen, which was drawn up in France 1789.

user posted image

- France has a lot of connections with the Knights Templar. The Templars were formed by a french nobleman name Hugues de Payens and disbanded in France during the 14th Century.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:11 AM

Another thing that could point to the next main game taking place in France...

Assassins Creed 1 was set in 1191 in the Third Crusade. Assassin's Creed 2/Brotherhood was set in the late 1400's and drifted into the 1500's in the Italian Renaissance.

That's a very rough 300 year gap between the Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 storylines, another rough 300 year gap could see us in the years in which the French Revolution takes place (1789-1799).

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:11 PM

So we'll be spending most of our time surrendering...?

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Dec 9 2010, 15:11)
So we'll be spending most of our time surrendering...?

biggrin.gif

Anyway, during the huge gaming chat vanishing of 2010 I watched Angels and Demons. Its pretty cool how accurate the building are in ACB, was cool watching it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users