Photo

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

265 replies to this topic
Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Nov 19 2010, 12:00)
QUOTE (Remix. @ Nov 19 2010, 17:26)
Picking this up tomorrow. Hope it's just as good as AC2. smile.gif

Trust me. If you liked AC2 you'll LOVE this.

I wont spoil anything, but lets just say if you were a fan of renovating the Villa in AC2 you'll love what Brotherhood has.

Awesome! Can't wait. biggrin.gif

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:59 AM Edited by meta187, 20 November 2010 - 07:01 AM.

I have the same passing curiosity about this game as Waddy. Has it even been a year since the last one dropped? It seems pretty damn quick for a sequel to drop.

Does it feel like an entirely new game or more like a beefy DLC extension on the last one?

I mean, that would be fine and all but I would probably pick up Fable 3 first if that were the case.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Nov 20 2010, 17:59)
Does it feel like an entirely new game or more like a beefy DLC extension on the last one?

Honestly it feels like an entirely new game. I was actually expecting it to be something like LCS, and VCS. Spinoffs I guess you could say.

Considering it takes place from the very moment AC2 ends it doesn't feel like a DLC extension. I was always disappointed Rome was shown so briefly at the end of AC2, so I'm glad it's been given its own game.

Alot of people were concerned with Rome being the only city (Though technically it isn't, but those are spoilers, so I wont say anymore), but I don't think it's a problem at all. I would be interested in seeing how it stacks up against one of the GTA cities, because what I've played it's pretty bloody big. Especially when your main mode of transport is your own feet.

It's so beautifully crafted too. I was standing in the colosseum yesterday, and I was just completely blown away. I love this time period. inlove.gif

lord_lc93
  • lord_lc93

IGI 2 COVERT STRIKE CHAMP

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:54 AM

Well I will buy PC version within Monday and I have already downloaded the mobile version. If the mobile version is so good I wonder the PC version will be what? Have u guys played Assasin's creed 2?

Grand Theft Auto Dude
  • Grand Theft Auto Dude

• Members

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (lord_lc93 @ Nov 20 2010, 18:54)
Well I will buy PC version within Monday

Good luck with that. The PC version comes out February 22 next year.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Auto Dude @ Nov 20 2010, 08:59)
QUOTE (lord_lc93 @ Nov 20 2010, 18:54)
Well I will buy PC version within Monday

Good luck with that. The PC version comes out February 22 next year.

He's the Charlie Chaplin time traveller wow.gif .

My copy has dropped today, gonna give it a whirl after brekkie.

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:59 PM

Damn i want to run around Rome! I heard it's supposed to be really big in the game. But are there any outside towns, besides the villa?

Conal123
  • Conal123

The Irish Brigade

• Members

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:57 PM

Cant wait for this.

For the people who have played AC2 do u remember when Ezio was a young boy getting into brawls in Spain but look how much he has grown since then .

Hes about 40, hes a master assassin and better yet hes got a goatee.

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:06 PM

I'm very dissapointed with the multiplayer, the lack of modes let it down. Is an online free mode really to much to ask?

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:46 AM

Picked this up yesterday and loving it. There is sooooo much to do which is great. A lot more interesting for me anyway.
It also seems much bigger than the previous games, so it should last ages...

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:40 AM

MP is quite fun but it's farking annoying when you're trying to get a stealthy kill for max points and then someone sprints at the target and takes them out for only a quarter of the points.

gtathebest4ever
  • gtathebest4ever

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:53 AM

Meh, I quit on this series. If I owned a console, maybe I would even get it, but Ubisoft makes horrible PC ports. I have a PC multiple times stronger that the consoles, but I still get 15FPS for graphics worse than on the console versions. I'm guessing ACB is the same, so I'm not risking it. Same story with Conviction.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:05 PM

How cruel are Ubisoft? at the beginning of the game i started with 50,000+ Florins and Altair's armour and i thought it must of read my Assassin's Creed 2 save and thought that's cool, then they take it all away from me sad.gif .

Been playing for ages now and i'm not even past sequence 3 yet, keep finding myself going completely off track and doing something different. The missions in the present with Desmond were pretty cool.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:42 AM

OMG I love the assassins.

I unlocked the ability to recruit citizens into the assassins guild before, and I love it. Certainly makes doing Borgia towers alot easier, and it's cool how you can send them to different cities all around Europe to complete contract hits. Building their skills is also epic.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:16 AM

Also loving this (since Friday night), and also leaving multiplayer until I finish single.

100%ed AC2, but didn't bother with the DLCs. No achievements defeats the point for me, really. Nothing to show I ever had them, for what should have been included in the main game. So glad they've continued Ezio's story. inlove.gif

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:24 AM

A further update.
While I really love this game is can get EXTREMELY frustrating. Missions have to be re-done because some of them are difficult to understand and you end up re-doing them from checkpoints (well I do) The story sequence is also getting very cluttered for me, I am not 100% sure where to go next.
I dont know if anyone else has noticed but the climbing is not as good as it was in AC2?

Im on sequence 6 now I think, pretty hard which is good if the instructions were a little clearer.

Edit: Completed it. The last battle was epic, really was. Then the end...hmmmm confused.gif

02fishera
  • 02fishera

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:59 PM Edited by 02fishera, 22 November 2010 - 03:18 PM.

I've just finished the story, I'mn slightly dissapointed by the length (its only about 2/3 of the length of ACII) but the ending has made up fo it. Now that Ubi are done with the Renaissance, I can't wait to see where they take the series next

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (02fishera @ Nov 22 2010, 14:59)
I've just finished the story, I'mn slightly dissapointed by the length (its only about 2/3 of the length of ACII) but the ending has made up fo it. Now that Ubi are done with the Renaissance, I can't wait to see where they take the series next

I think the story is a little shorter but the after story is still huge. I hardly bought any new weapons though during the story, now I am completing all the side missions and getting the best stuff, shame we cant get my previous armour tho sad.gif

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Waddy @ Nov 22 2010, 09:24)
I dont know if anyone else has noticed but the climbing is not as good as it was in AC2?

Now that you mention it, i have found that Ezio does seem to struggle climbing around buildings at times.

I found my first flashback mission as well, a nice touch.

02fishera
  • 02fishera

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (Waddy @ Nov 22 2010, 16:29)
QUOTE (02fishera @ Nov 22 2010, 14:59)

I think the story is a little shorter but the after story is still huge. I hardly bought any new weapons though during the story, now I am completing all the side missions and getting the best stuff, shame we cant get my previous armour tho sad.gif

Yes there is plenty to do after finishing the story so itdoes compensate for the length of the main story but the reason why i'm dissapointed is because it seems as though the story was shortened to give way for the multiplayer. Although its unlikely, I'd prefer to see Ubi cut the multiplayer and focus solely on the single player campaign.

The MP is very similar to AC1 in some ways, its fun at first but becomes repative fast.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:06 PM

Seeing as Brotherhood was originally conceived as being solely multiplayer, I'm really appreciating what single player they have included. I think I'm on sequence three, at the point where Ezio sets out to make "friends" with the factions of the city. I've done the courtesans, but since then, I've just been doing their missions and collecting stuff. So yeah, I've been on this sequence for a fair while now. Also, it's one of the points where none of the city has been sectioned off (that you've already been to).

As Seddo mentioned, I also found my first flashback mission last night. Very interesting. wow.gif

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:49 AM

I also picked this up the other day too, it seems very different in terms of mission structure. Already after a few missions I have failed the 100% sync so many times.

I'm also having HUGE trouble with the first dungeon(?). I can't get into the gate, and I have no idea how to go about doing it! Might have to look up tutorials or something... and I hate doing that.

NickRad
  • NickRad

I'm Boxxy you see

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:33 AM

Guys finish Sequence 8 to 100% to get the Desmond costume and by the way I noticed that the Subject 16 trophy translates to I am alive O_o

02fishera
  • 02fishera

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (NickRad @ Nov 23 2010, 06:33)
by the way I noticed that the Subject 16 trophy translates to I am alive O_o

Interesting, does that mean that Subject 16 isn't dead or are Ubi makking a reference to their future title I Am Alive?

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:54 PM

I'm thinking of picking this game up. My mate bought It on Sunday and he cant stop playing It, I think I might get It soon.

02fishera
  • 02fishera

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ Nov 23 2010, 20:54)
I'm thinking of picking this game up. My mate bought It on Sunday and he cant stop playing It, I think I might get It soon.

Go for it, this is game of the year in my opinion.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:16 AM

The more I play this game the more I love it. I have been playing it pretty full on the last week and still havent finished it all.
Just finished the Romulus missions, some are frustrating but superb to play. Also got all my recruits to full Assassins, its great just sitting there and letting them do all the work...

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:40 AM

I just finished it today, but I wish it was a bit longer. Even with screwing around doing side missions, and stuff I finished it in about 14 hours.

IMO the ending was kind of rushed.

It kind of annoyed me how Sequence 8 was just memory after memory in succession without any breaks, and Sequence 9 was just 2 memories. Don't get me wrong the ending was brilliant (weird too), but I was seriously planning on cruising through Sequence 8. I had no idea it was going to be as compressed as it was.

Aside from that I've been doing all the side stuff. I'm only just a bit under 56% through, so while the story wasn't the length of ACIII it makes up for it with all the things I haven't done yet.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:06 PM

I'm still loving this, but like a lot of recent releases, it has some f*cking stupid glitches.

Especially in the missions where you have to follow people. Like the one I just experienced, where one target got stuck, but the other kept going, causing me to fail. Just really annoying. confused.gif

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Nov 28 2010, 20:06)
I'm still loving this, but like a lot of recent releases, it has some f*cking stupid glitches.

Especially in the missions where you have to follow people. Like the one I just experienced, where one target got stuck, but the other kept going, causing me to fail. Just really annoying. confused.gif

Yeah there are a few like that.

I am on it second time round and doing all the stuff I did after completing the story first this time. Going to get the lair missions done and the recruiting up and done, will be loads of help later in the game. It is awesome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users