» «
Photo

Crossfire ATI 6870

38 replies to this topic
Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:20 PM Edited by Stinky12, 26 October 2010 - 03:22 PM.

sigh.gif
user posted image

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:23 PM

Repetition is the mother of wisdom.

crackdawg
  • crackdawg

supreme ruler

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:38 AM

@Warlord: The fact that I posted the reason in direct quotes, and your comprehension is so lacking you still don't 'get it' doesn't speak too well for your credibility...

@Stinky12: It's nice to see someone actually sees it and restate it rather than trolling the thread..One thing great about knowing what you're talking about is being able to say stuff like no 64bit card exists with that TFR tounge.gif

@yojo2:umm...because I can? I made a post actually helping the OP, technically defending it against all the Geek Squad level geeks is just for fun..

@mkey82: Indeed it is. I like how 99% of the posts here criticizing mine are literally restating my statements in noticeably similar ways, but I'M the one who is clueless xD

These people with badges and socially awkward personalities seem to have a problem with me. I seriously think it's because I thrive through having actual knowledge and using it in positive and productive ways rather than ass kissing and being boring as hell..

Nice Day - crackdawg smile.gif

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:47 AM

I hate to wade into the middle of this, but it's just got me thinking - has R* ever given an official line as to which elements of a graphics card performance are more important to GTA IV, e.g. Core Clock Speed, Shader Clock Speed, VRAM, TFR, etc?

Obviously, they are all important to a degree but it would be interesting to get an angle on which are more critical from the guys who actually wrote the game rather than us rely on educated guess work.

I'm guessing we won't get this though even if we ask explicitly.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:02 PM

Jimbatron, they were only talking about the amount video memory.

crackdawg, please don't agree on anything with me.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (crackdawg @ Oct 27 2010, 14:38)
@Warlord: The fact that I posted the reason in direct quotes, and your comprehension is so lacking you still don't 'get it' doesn't speak too well for your credibility...

Yeah bro, just like that site, I'm not credible at all.

crackdawg
  • crackdawg

supreme ruler

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Warlord. @ Oct 27 2010, 12:09)

Yeah they used a version of the driver for the card that was gone over a year before the card was even released..consistency wise it's not, but I DID point out their testing still reflects TFR.

@mkey82: sure..I was being nice. I don't need your courtesy, you and your friends are obviously mistaken me for just another poster who has some sort of social dependency on other forum posters, or lacks the talent needed to go anywhere they want. I just come here out of boredom, arguing with a lot of boring forum lurkers who have drastically boring one-liner responses for anything and everything and partial-knowledge they use to argue with is yawn-worthy at best..

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:08 PM

The reflex which forces you to be suddenly "nice" in an environment you find hostile is a sign of weak character looking for a friendly face.

You're getting paranoid. Relax, nobody is out to get you.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:06 PM Edited by Warlord., 27 October 2010 - 06:24 PM.

QUOTE (crackdawg @ Oct 27 2010, 22:55)
QUOTE (Warlord. @ Oct 27 2010, 12:09)

Yeah they used a version of the driver for the card that was gone over a year before the card was even released..consistency wise it's not, but I DID point out their testing still reflects TFR.

Consistency...

TFR...

Right.

Oh and this shows the GTX480, which has a lower TFR than the GTX285, coming out on top by a huge margin in IV, too bad it's not credible (since it doesn't agree with crackdawg).

Edit: This benchmark also shows the 480 coming out on top. Think it's credible? I don't, since it doesn't agree with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users