What kind of creep is Sweet?

45 replies to this topic
Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:57 PM

When you follow Sweet he drives down to Grove street and parks until CJ finishes the six tags.

Lets say you're on a film set, and after an actor finishes his role, he goes off to have a drink of water... the character didn't drink the water, the actor did.

Similarly, there's a big difference between what is actually scripted for Sweet and how he's coded to behave when not in a cut-scene. Sweet misses a lot of shots due to his AI and the fact R* wanted the player to do most of the work, but I'm sure his actual character traits would depict him as a talented gunman ;)
  • Khan96 likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

Gangsta

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

He takes CJ to Paint over the Gang Tags, says he’ll do some. But, he parks down on the Grove Streets cul-de-sac while CJ does them.

He does one to show CJ how to do it, because CJ's his little brother and needs to be shown how to do everything, obviously. Then he (apparently) does another area while CJ follows a tutorial. But he could've been lying because when I checked every other area in Los Santos, there wasn't a GSF tag in sight, hmm...

When you follow Sweet he drives down to Grove street and parks until CJ finishes the six tags.

Well the thing is.. this is a game, you aren't supposed to follow him.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:31 AM

Is Sweet jealous or vindictive?
What kind of creep is Sweet?
Does he want to get CJ killed because of Brian or the threat to his power over Gove Street Families?
1. Is he a mommas boy, what with living next door to his moms?
2. He takes CJ to Paint over the Gang Tags, says hell do some. But, he parks down on the Grove Streets cul-de-sac while CJ does them.
3. He Sends CJ to start a gang war in the Glen Park alone.
4. He sets CJ up to assassinate a gang leader while he (Sweet) hides in a car with the doors locked until CJ and his homies kill All the Ballas in the cemetery.

I think Sweet is vincictive (like any gangster), but not towards Carl because they are family. It reads on page 2 in the manual that Sweet is naive, I would say extremely naive.

2. I followed Sweet one time, he did not return to Grove Street. He drove (while still sitting in the passenger seat!) to Richman where I lost him. I don't remember what made the accident happen (it could have been me), but he went off the road, down a very steep and long slope too fast for me to follow. It seems that the game is programmed to get him out of the way by driving randomly.

3. Sweet loves Carl and of course don't want him killed, but at the same time he's not too worried sending Carl to Glen Park alone. But maybe Sweet knows that the Ballas in Glen Park are poorly armed.

4. Sweet will try to kill Kane, but the game won't allow Sweet or any of the other two to kill Kane. I have used this mission as an exploit to store a Hydra in the SF impound garage, and when I return to the cemetery Sweet is still shooting at Kane.

(lloydo @ Oct 22 2010, 15:18)

The game gives the impression that Sweet is a very experienced gang leader, he's done stuff that we haven't seen or been told about.

That doesn't excuse the fact he couldn't protect his girlfriend from barely a handful of gangsters. You'd think he'd be strapped all the time, even when visiting his girlfriend, or rather especially when visiting his girlfriend who just so happens to live in an area dominated by a gang they're not friendly with at the moment.

Add that to the fact that there's obviously something fishy going on with Ryder and Big Smoke... So obvious you'd think either Sweet, CJ, or someone would have figured it out...

Sweet has a 9mm and he kills one gangster in the cut scene after he called. The gangsters are several (about 6 counting the one he killed) and attacks from different angles. I also think some of them got machine pistols? Sweet also must consider the safety of his girl. It's not strange that he called for backup.

Sweet should have been suspicious about Smoke and Ryder, but he's naive.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:16 PM Edited by Deji, 12 July 2014 - 01:18 PM.

It seems that the game is programmed to get him out of the way by driving randomly.

Yes, they often turn characters that are no longer needed into normal peds. If you didn't follow them, they would eventually just be deleted by the streamer like any normal ped.

he's not too worried sending Carl to Glen Park alone. But maybe Sweet knows that the Ballas in Glen Park are poorly armed.

Nah, he just has faith in Carl. Carl's arguably the more skilled of the two, while Sweet is simply the more dedicated (and naive) one.
"That's my brother! Get a car, we'll meet you out front"
- Sweet's Girl, after CJ saves his ass :p

That doesn't excuse the fact he couldn't protect his girlfriend from barely a handful of gangsters. You'd think he'd be strapped all the time,

He was (otherwise they'd have killed him straight away), but the idea was that he was in a compromised position. He was outnumbered and had nowhere to go and no way to gain the upper-hand. He was able to protect himself and his girl (though I'm sure he'd offer her as bait if it went too wrong :p) from cover, but eventually they could have managed to get to him.

"Yo dick getting you in trouble again Sweet!"
- CJ, lecturing his older brother for not being careful.

Add that to the fact that there's obviously something fishy going on with Ryder and Big Smoke... So obvious you'd think either Sweet, CJ, or someone would have figured it out...

Obviously? It was actually quite a well-kept surprise to me when I first played... Smoke seemed less committed and Ryder seemed like an asshole (but genuinely interested in helping Grove Street - to the point of breaking into an army base to steal weapons) but the betrayal seemed too big for them - which was true, they were pretty much just pawns in the operation. No one had any clear reason to suspect anything of them, even though their differences in opinion seemed to frequently be resulting in arguments. Plus, I think their minds were a bit preoccupied with their dead mother, pressure from CRASH and trying to restore Grove's power. Smoke managed to put on a pretty convincing act that he was as shocked about their mothers death as they were. They were going for Sweet, also, so if they were successful it would have basically meant the end of Grove Street - and CJ would have still been in Liberty (unless Kendl or, well, his mother called him, which is pretty likely).

The biggest plot hole I can think of is how Smoke and Ryder weren't brave enough to finish the job themselves. If they'd spent less time playing domino and more time focused on the plan, they wouldn't have ended up dead themselves :p
  • OG Viking likes this

vicboh0413
  • vicboh0413

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

In Home coming he just stands somewhere and just ignore the ballas

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

In Home coming he just stands somewhere and just ignore the ballas

True, but the Ballas also ignore him because they know he has no will to shoot.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Prankster

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:35 PM

Well i can`t remember any gangster/friend/character with wich you needed to go on a shooting missions back in 3D era that was actually helpfull to protagonist. They all suck big time so protags needed to do 99% of the jobs by themselves. Which is fine by me but it seems useless and boring. Lance in VCS is the only one who actually does a nice part of shooting by himself. The others are there just for appearence i guess.

Anyway that`s not what bothers me it`s just messed up AI but it bothers me that Sweet is No.1 asshole, ungratefull and uncompetent c*nt who`s giving CJ a hard time from 1.st mission to the last one. Even a fact that CJ did 99% of things by himself, he turned GSF back on their feet as soon as he came back from LC, he wiped out Ballas and Vagos and he earned a lot of money and reputation but yet that prick keeps picking up on him and blaming him for the sh*t that happened in which he had nothing to do with.

What Sweet did apart from just bitchin` all the time? GSF went to sh*t and he didn`t do nothin`? If he`s such a big brave leader as presented in a booklet than how come GSF went batso under his lousy bossing?

All that sh*t Sweet did CJ needed to clean up for him.

That part of plot is realy annoying, R* should pay a little bit more attention to CJ`s accomplishments which led to Sweet`s release out of jail. For unexperienced GTA gamer that looked like CJ was a complete uncompetent retard who just ruined everything while his big mature brother makes everything right. The strange part is that it was completely reverse. And i find CJ`s passive reactions on Sweet`s nagging so pathetic. How come he didn`t go berserk when Sweet was blaiming him on Brian`s death? This is realy unfair.

Anthonyjames
  • Anthonyjames

Player Hater

• New Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

Brian and CJ were stealing cars etc in Los Santos and one day something went wrong and Brian died.

The game is called Grand Theft Auto full stop

CJ, Sweet and Brian and Grove street families are well known to C.R.A.S.H. who have a particular influence on the gangs in Los Santos.

Sweet and Kendall still had contact with CJ even though he was in Liberty city and still loved him.

Didn't Carl admit he messed up five years ago?

In the five years Carl's been away, many 'big time' gang members were killed or went astray through drug misuse, messing with the wrong hood rat or C.R.A.S.H.

So that meant a lot of territories fell to other gangs and allegiance with Seville and Temple Drive crumbled due to bad vibes. 

Sweet was helpless but was alive to witness what was happening.

Was Sweet the main man during Carl's absence?

Who are Big devil and Tony? Could they have been the main men?

Wasn't Sweet brave to draw fire from the Ballas to protect his Family after they left the cemetery?

Ryder has a problem with CJ and not because of Carl leaving Los Santos.

African American's are culturally lost, technologically backwards and less industrious than most races.

This game is the first AAA video game that includes them and it shows the situation's and problems they are in.

Rockstar naturally studied this.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

Wasn't Sweet brave to draw fire from the Ballas to protect his Family after they left the cemetery?

When did Sweet do this? I remember Ryder and Big Smoke, but Sweet was hardly to be seen & Kindle disappeared altogether...
Nice of Sweet to bring the extra bicycle for CJ to use. So, it might have been a set up by Sweet.
Think back on that. Sweet, Ryder and Kindle arrived on bikes. Big Smoke and Carl arrived by car. Big Smoke's car is destroyed. So if Big Smoke took Kindle's bike where did the extra one come from for Carl to use?

Anthonyjames
  • Anthonyjames

Player Hater

• New Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

When did Sweet do this? I remember Ryder and Big Smoke, but Sweet was hardly to be seen & Kindle disappeared altogether...
Nice of Sweet to bring the extra bicycle for CJ to use. So, it might have been a set up by Sweet.
Think back on that. Sweet, Ryder and Kindle arrived on bikes. Big Smoke and Carl arrived by car. Big Smoke's car is destroyed. So if Big Smoke took Kindle's bike where did the extra one come from for Carl to use?

The bicycle, Rockstar scripting,

When they all reach Mullholland intersection. Sweet direct's them too split up and Sweet turns and heads for the car park exit, towards the betting office and the others head off under the intersection.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

So Sweet sends them off, and he hides. :^:

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

SA and VC Android mission helper.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 days ago Edited by HeroBrineR007, 3 days ago.

I like how nobody can spell Kendl.
Lil Weasel: "Kindle"
Anthonyjames: "Kendall"

Anthonyjames
  • Anthonyjames

Player Hater

• New Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

True

At the time of typing her name I knew it was wrong, I'll be more careful.

True

At the time of typing her name I knew it was wrong, I'll be more careful.

So Sweet sends them off, and he hides. :^:

All the while being chased by Ballas in the red vehicle.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago Edited by lil weasel, 3 days ago.

with me it is the spellchecker.
Also, I remember an English teacher saying, "Only a person who knows how to spell will get a word wrong. As anyone else will look it up."
  • HeroBrineR007 likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Pent Kaul

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

I guess Sweet wanted to see if CJ could still prove himself after all those years away, who knows.

GTA_Sharpshooter
  • GTA_Sharpshooter

Gun Man that survives selling poisoned hot dogs

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 days ago

I guess Sweet wanted to see if CJ could still prove himself after all those years away, who knows.

Truth,but i have the guess that he was really mad at CJ,so he didin't set up or let CJ get killed.There's difference in what he did it's like lie and not say.(Hope you guys understand).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users