Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do Aliens Exist?

320 replies to this topic

Poll: Does Alien Exist (407 member(s) have cast votes)

Does Alien Exist

1. Yes (237 votes [63.03%])

Percentage of vote: 63.03%

2. No (36 votes [9.57%])

Percentage of vote: 9.57%

3. Maybe (103 votes [27.39%])

Percentage of vote: 27.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Pavanjit22
  • Pavanjit22

Life is like a Switched off engine. Use the key to start it!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:37 PM

A US retired military officer spotted a black shiny object while driving through a forest in new mexico. he touched the object and since then he keeps remembering some kind of binary code. A computer engineer decoded this code and acquired this message :- " INVESTIGATION OF BLUE FLUID PLANET. HUMAN RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT. 047968H". This shows that aliens exist. If you don't believe it, Google is your best friend...

Irviding
  • Irviding

If we're talking body, you got a perfect one so put it on me

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:34 AM

A US retired military officer spotted a black shiny object while driving through a forest in new mexico. he touched the object and since then he keeps remembering some kind of binary code. A computer engineer decoded this code and acquired this message :- " INVESTIGATION OF BLUE FLUID PLANET. HUMAN RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT. 047968H". This shows that aliens exist. If you don't believe it, Google is your best friend...

Funny that the aliens know binary code

• Zook, Ari Gold, Share Sharqi and 2 others like this

Xl anthrax lX
  • Xl anthrax lX

From hunted to hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2015 - 04:12 AM Edited by Xl anthrax lX, 16 April 2015 - 04:18 AM.

I highly doubt the credibility of this story. But I do however believe that there are other life forms in the universe. We are made up of the most commonly found compounds , the building blocks of life are rich in the universe. It would be rather self centered and arrogant to think that we are some special case just because we have not seen everything there is to see in the whole universe which expands vastly beyond our measure.

• Wavesittich likes this

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • None
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 17 April 2015 - 02:04 PM

- - 

Funny that the aliens know binary code

Is that bit you find strange?

• Irviding, Tyler and sivispacem like this

Pavanjit22
  • Pavanjit22

Life is like a Switched off engine. Use the key to start it!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:56 PM

@uNi: I don't remember, I saw it on discovery channel on my TV a few months ago... but it's strange that aliens know binary codes and humans.....

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

We are coven

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:21 AM

It's not strange, it's bullsh*t.

Also, "binary code" only consists of two characters, representing the two possible states of a logic gate.

Binary itself has no greater meaning and is only turned into understandable characters through one of numerous different possible encoded character sets, mapping different and different-length binary strings to human readable characters.
  • Wavesittich likes this

Irviding
  • Irviding

If we're talking body, you got a perfect one so put it on me

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:36 AM

It's not strange, it's bullsh*t.

Also, "binary code" only consists of two characters, representing the two possible states of a logic gate.

Binary itself has no greater meaning and is only turned into understandable characters through one of numerous different possible encoded character sets, mapping different and different-length binary strings to human readable characters.

So what you're telling me is the aliens are learning our languages so they can fit into society before they strike, akin to sleeper agents??????

• Tyler likes this

athande
  • athande

MDCCLXXVI

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:57 PM

Only creditable alien encounter I've heard of was the the 'Fire in the sky' one. If you haven't read the novel or seen the movie, it's based on a 'true' story of a bunch of loggers from Oregon who late at night encounter a craft in the woods. A logger is adducted, missing for weeks. Town believes that they (loggers) killed him, as they claim he was abducted. The victim reappears weeks later, naked, on the side of some road. Performs a lie detector test (all of them) and the results come back that they in fact weren't lying.
  • Otter likes this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:32 PM

Lie detectors are notoriously unreliable and wouldn't see through a delusion even if they did work properly. ;)
Unfortunately - perhaps it's just cynicism - I can't point to any one story that convinces me without throwing up some pretty obvious red flags.

Though I do love to indulge the fantasy; I used to listen to Art Bell all the time. Mel's hole for the win, fellas.

I hope we stick around long enough to see alien visitors. I'd settle for finding life elsewhere, though.
  • athande likes this

athande
  • athande

MDCCLXXVI

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:09 AM

I hope we stick around long enough to see alien visitors. I'd settle for finding life elsewhere, though.

But would these entities be friendly beings, or far more destructive ad aggressive? I mean, we've seen in the past what happens when a more dominant race takes control, such as slavery, for example. Would we become slaves to these entities - who knows?

FunkyRJ
  • FunkyRJ

Funk da World

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:41 AM

Yes.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:45 AM

But would these entities be friendly beings, or far more destructive ad aggressive? I mean, we've seen in the past what happens when a more dominant race takes control, such as slavery, for example. Would we become slaves to these entities - who knows?

you're talking about the old the Superior Society theory.

and it's true that historically, when 2 societies encounter each other, the more advanced one almost always exercises control and dominance over the inferior group often to the point of total absorption if not outright extermination.

but I actually imagine that most of our science fiction horror-stories have got it wrong.

if we actually encountered intelligent aliens then I don't really believe that they would be interested in enslavement or obliteration. when we see that phenomenon here on Earth, we're looking at societies that are still relatively 'close' together in terms of useful exploitation. it's usually just a group of humans with a technological advantage encountering a slightly less advanced group of slightly different humans.

if we encounter aliens, the 2 worlds will be so far apart that the same factors won't apply.

aliens with the capability to travel the universe and encounter us have seemingly evolved long enough - to achieve peaceful harmony long enough - to develop incredibly advanced technologies and profound comprehension of biology and life itself.

why would they be interested in destroying or enslaving something like us?

what could they possibly gain?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:17 AM

That's the crux of the matter; if they have the technology to make it all the way here, we have absolutely nothing they need beyond satisfying curiosity.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Ihr müsst mich in den Stahl hinablassen.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:38 PM

I am sure that Aliens exist. It is unlikely that considering the unimaginable high amount of planets in the universe there would be no planets similar to earth. Apart from that, maybe there are lifeforms we can not imagine to exist. Lifeforms that aren't based on H, C, O atoms.

Xl anthrax lX
  • Xl anthrax lX

From hunted to hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:21 AM

Aliens would probably look at us the same way we look at an ant. We do not stop and talk to an ant or ask how its doing. If they are as intelligent as the vast preconcieved notion suggests.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:44 AM

I've always had a problem with that logic; we are not on the same sliding scale as an ant.

However I did just think of one thing about us that could make us prime for an invasion: our magnetosphere. This is assuming that entities in possession of the technology to travel millions of lightyears would find it as valuable as we do.

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:20 AM

Arthur C. Clarke — 'Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.'

One of my favorite quotes. It's true, though, just like how we can not be conscious of BEING unconscious. Anyway, has anyone here heard of the Fermi Paradox? It goes well with the topic I think. Putting in practical terms:

The Great Filter theory says that at some point from pre-life to Type III intelligence, there’s a wall that all or nearly all attempts at life hit. There’s some stage in that long evolutionary process that is extremely unlikely or impossible for life to get beyond. That stage is The Great Filter.

Great-Filter1-1024x727.png

If this theory is true, the big question is, Where in the timeline does the Great Filter occur?

It turns out that when it comes to the fate of humankind, this question is very important. Depending on where The Great Filter occurs, we’re left with three possible realities: We’re rare, we’re first, or we’re f*cked.

1. We’re Rare (The Great Filter is Behind Us)

One hope we have is that The Great Filter is behind us—we managed to surpass it, which would mean it’s extremely rare for life to make it to our level of intelligence. The diagram below shows only two species making it past, and we’re one of them.

Great-Filter-RARE1-1024x538.png

2. We’re the First

Great-Filter-EARLY2-1024x438.png

For Group 1 Thinkers, if the Great Filter is not behind us, the one hope we have is that conditions in the universe are just recently, for the first time since the Big Bang, reaching a place that would allow intelligent life to develop. In that case, we and many other species may be on our way to super-intelligence, and it simply hasn’t happened yet. We happen to be here at the right time to become one of the first super-intelligent civilizations.

3. We’re f*cked (The Great Filter is Ahead of Us)

Great-Filter-f*ckED1-1024x528.png

If we’re neither rare nor early, Group 1 thinkers conclude that The Great Filter must be in our future. This would suggest that life regularly evolves to where we are, but that something prevents life from going much further and reaching high intelligence in almost all cases—and we’re unlikely to be an exception.

One possible future Great Filter is a regularly-occurring cataclysmic natural event, like the above-mentioned gamma-ray bursts, except they’re unfortunately not done yet and it’s just a matter of time before all life on Earth is suddenly wiped out by one. Another candidate is the possible inevitability that nearly all intelligent civilizations end up destroying themselves once a certain level of technology is reached.

This is why Oxford University philosopher Nick Bostrom says that “no news is good news.” The discovery of even simple life on Mars would be devastating, because it would cut out a number of potential Great Filters behind us. And if we were to find fossilized complex life on Mars, Bostrom says “it would be by far the worst news ever printed on a newspaper cover,” because it would mean The Great Filter is almost definitely ahead of us—ultimately dooming the species. Bostrom believes that when it comes to The Fermi Paradox, “the silence of the night sky is golden.”

• Otter and Tyler like this

iTRiP
  • iTRiP

NoSBReN

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:44 PM Edited by iTRiP, 04 June 2015 - 07:32 AM.

Arthur C. Clarke — 'Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe
or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.'

I would say terrifying or exhilarating.
:rampage: "iTRiP" :rampage:
That does only apply in the third dimensional perspective of an universe inhabitant.

The real question for debate and discussion here would be: What would
we as a collective species of earth authorize to the authorized to be
communicated if it where required or if there is some sort of gain or
loss imminent, or would that be accepted if it were done already
without collective authorization.

RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

Rafael

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:57 PM

of course aliens do exist, why would we be the only ones in the whole universe who have life on their planet?

Ezekiel
  • Ezekiel

.∙ ᴷ ᴵ ᴬ ∙.

• Members
  • Sierra-Leone

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:49 PM

of course aliens do exist, why would we be the only ones in the whole universe who have life on their planet?

Some Creatures / Aliens do exist but Not ANYTHING LIKE HUMAN

THIS KINDA EVOLUTION HAPPENS ONLY ONCE

you all know History of our Planet 4.54 billion years  OLD

What all has to happen so Human can Evolve in perfect creature

thanks to Sun, and perfect Place for our planet in Milky Way Galaxy

If we were to close or to far from this place..Life wouldn't be possible cuz of radiations

Bacteries,Monster,Aliens,Freaks whatever do exist...but nothing perfect like Me and You

Nothing Smarter and Better

nothing will travel Billions of LightYears to spot us

In this Bigass universe It must be Star like our Sun and Planet near him which suffer even one meteor shower with water to start evolve bacteria  / like us

but that planet don't have 24 hours day night cycle 

God know what creature evolve deep in Space on planet like that

Humans Didn't

Creatures Perfect than us Didn't

Slam_Jones
  • Slam_Jones

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:28 PM

Do they exist?  Absolutely.  Somewhere among the nigh-infinite cosmos, there has to be at least one other form of life, even if it looks nothing like the life we are familiar with.

Are they here on Earth?  That's a lot harder to answer.  Personally, I think it's possible, but, much like God (or a teapot orbiting the Sun) without any solid evidence, it's just a theory.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users