Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:52 AM

I totally agree, just take your time,.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:46 PM

What if Carlo's meets some kind of mechanic/car-enthusiast who helps him restore his beater Vigero and turn it into a pristine classic muscle car? It could reflect how Carlo is moving up in the world and went from that kid on the block to that kid on the block with the nice whip.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:45 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 26 July 2013 - 01:43 PM.

Chapter 2 - Part 3

Carlo will recieve a text from Frankie who will ask him to meet him in a dive bar in Bohan. After going to the location Carlo will enter the bar, immediately prompting a few strange looks from the bar's regulars who are not used to strangers (or sunlight by the look of some of them). Carlo will scan the bar briefly and after not finding Frankie he will approach the bartender who is cleaning some glasses with a dish cloth that's probably as old as the bar itself and ask if he knows where he is. The bartender will barely even look up from what he is doing and will tell Carlo he is "over there" pointing to the very back of the bar. Carlo will walk to the back of the bar, trying desperately to not make any unneccessary eye contact with the other patrons and approach Frankie who is shouting furiously at a baseball game which is playing on the T.V.

Carlo: "Hey man, what's up?"
Frankie: "Hey kid, can you believe these f*ckin swingers? I just dropped two f*ckin g's on those useless sons of bitches!!"
Carlo: "Hey, you win some you lose some right. You got some more work for me?"
Frankie: "That's easy for you to say, what you don't realise is if them pieces of sh*t keep losin then I won't have no money to pay you, you f*ckin smart ass"
Carlo: "Well you aint gonna get back any of your money by sitting here drinking all day that's for sure"
Frankie: "Hey f*ck you you little prick, what are you, my god damn accountant all of a sudden?"
Carlo: "No Frankie, I'm just breakin your balls that's all"
Frankie: "Well watch your f*ckin mouth next time ok. My drinking aint the problem, what is the problem is I lose more than I f*ckin earn.. and it aint because I make stupid bets neither. My family used to control half of this f*ckin city, now we don't control sh*t outside of Bohan except for a few measly rackets that I aint gettin a piece of"
Carlo: "So you want me to help you take over the city is that it?"
Frankie: "That's right my friend.. one little piece at a time"
Carlo: "You want me to stick up the bartender or what?"
Frankie: "No, Artie's a good man.. he's been letting me run up a tab for years now and he aint asked for the money once. You got the right idea though.. I always wanted to control my own little watering hole. These dingy old dives aint sh*t though.. those fancy cocktail bars is where it's at"
Carlo: "I got you, assholes will pay twice as much for dancing and cocktails in a nice fancy night spot than they will in a sh*t hole like this"
Frankie: "Now you're talkin' my friend. I know this fat bald prick named Gino, owns a nice little spot named Whiskers not too far from here, I've been letting him away with not paying his way for years because we used to play ball together when we was kids but I think it's about time to start taxing that f*ck"
Carlo: "Can I grab myself a martini while I'm over there?"
Frankie: "You get him to hand over control of that bar and you can have all the f*ckin martinis you want kid"

After recieving his latest task Carlo will part company with Frankie and leave the bar. Just as he does however Frankie will follow him out onto the street and hand him a Pistol, telling him he might need it in case things get a little tough. After taking the gun from Frankie Carlo will head over to the bar. Carlo will enter the bar and a similar situation as before will occur whereby Carlo will make his way to the counter and ask the bartender where he can find Gino, saying that they are scheduled to have a business meeting. The bartender (who will be a lot more attentive than old Artie) will point out a small middle aged fat man dressed in a white suit who is sitting in a private booth surrounded by girls and body guards and tell Carlo "that's him over there sir". Carlo will walk over to the booth where Gino is seated and introduce himself by telling him "this is a nice place you got here". Gino will thank Carlo but tell him that he doesn't want anymore company telling him to "get the f*ck outta here". Carlo will tell him that he has a business oppertunity for him but Gino will tell Carlo that he is not interested and tell his bodyguards to get rid of him. At this point Carlo will produce his weapon, at which point everybody in the bar will start screaming "he's got a gun" etc. and begin running, you will then be put back in control of Carlo.

When you regain control of Carlo you will be instructed on screen as to how to knock people out with the butt of your weapon - indicating that this is the best way to dispence of the guards however you can kill them (along with all of the customers) if you wish. When you have taken care of the guards Gino will flee to a small office in the back of the bar. When you reach the room where Gino is hiding you will find that he is less than scared and will put up a bit of a fight showing that he is somewhat braver than you may have thought. At this point you must beat him until he agrees to hand over control of the bar. When you have successfully beaten him into submission you will leave and call Frankie to tell him you have been successful. He will be very grateful and will tell you that he will call you soon.

Shortly after completing this task Carlo will recieve a call from Dani who will ask how he's getting on working for her uncle. Carlo will tell her that he finds him a little bit crazy but that he is enjoying it since the money is good. Dani will tell him that she is glad to hear that the two of them are getting on well and will tell him to give her a call soon so that they can talk about it in more detail. After this Carlo can call her to ask her out on a "date" (he will however NOT be invited in for coffee afterwards).

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Feb 21 2011, 19:45)
QUOTE (akavari112 @ Feb 21 2011, 18:46)
What if Carlo's meets some kind of mechanic/car-enthusiast who helps him restore his beater Vigero and turn it into a pristine classic muscle car? It could reflect how Carlo is moving up in the world and went from that kid on the block to that kid on the block with the nice whip.

After getting out at his appartment Frankie will tell you about a mechanic named Angelo that he thinks you should go see to get your car fixed up (free of charge since Angelo owes him a favour). The location of Angelo's garage will show up on your map for you to visit at your leisure.

Taken from Chapter 2, Part 1 man. sly.gif

Oh wow, now I feel like a moron haha.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:19 PM

Your writing is excellent man.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (mati1501 @ Feb 21 2011, 20:19)
Your writing is excellent man.

Thanks man icon14.gif

I should have the first part of the next chapter up tomorrow night.

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:17 AM

You should write a novel, man. It was excellent. I actually read it the other day, but didn't get time to post.
I love how Carlo suggested an exterminator for the bugs. biggrin.gif

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (The Lolwut Pear @ Feb 24 2011, 01:17)

Me too, I like how at the beggining of the story he's a bit of a f*cking idiot. biggrin.gif sly.gif

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (LuisBellic @ Feb 24 2011, 01:38)
QUOTE (The Lolwut Pear @ Feb 24 2011, 01:17)

Me too, I like how at the beggining of the story he's a bit of a f*cking idiot. biggrin.gif sly.gif

Carlo kind of reminds me of one of Pegorino's guys from Pegorino's Pride

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:50 AM

Thanks for the kind comments guys. As regards to Carlo being an idiot, as the chapter progresses I tried to portray that he actually isn't, he's just a bit of a wise ass. So when he asks Frankie things like "Do you want me to stick up the bartender?" or "Can I get a martini while I'm over there" he is just busting his balls.. it's actually Frankie who is the idiot for taking his questions seriously.

I just realised that I said I was gonna post each part of the chapters together.. Do you guys think I should post Chapter 3 Part 1 on it's own and add the rest later or should I just hold off and post the whole chapter together??

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:40 PM

Post part 1 first. I can't wait to see more. I love your character development.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:56 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 24 February 2011 - 11:52 PM.

QUOTE (mati1501 @ Feb 24 2011, 14:40)
Post part 1 first. I can't wait to see more. I love your character development.

Ok I will post it soon. Apologies in advance for the double post.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:47 AM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 26 July 2013 - 01:50 PM.

Chapter 3 - Family Values

Part 1

Carlo will enter a Lupisella owned social club to find Frankie sitting at a table playing poker with some other mobsters, all dressed in greaseball casuals attire. As Carlo begins to walk towards the table he will be stopped in his tracks by an overweight mobster who appears to be playing the role of doorman. When this happens Frankie will turn away from the table and say "let him through he's with me" the mobster will then release Carlo and guide him over towards the table. Carlo will brush himself off and walk towards Frankie, at which point a conversation will ensue.

Frankie: "Hey Carlo, How you doin?"

Carlo: "I'm doin good Frankie" (looking over towards the doorman to show him that he isn't fazed by him accosting him)

Frankie: "Yeah? That's good. Ya know Carlo, I was just telling the boys about that little bit of business you took care of for me the other day and I must say they were pretty impressed"

Carlo will modestly nod in appreciation of the comment and wave to the other mobsters, who will then wave back

Carlo: "So uhh.. what's next on the agenda?"

Frankie (who is now back focussed on the card game): "Hang on would ya, I gotta play this hand first"

The camera will then zoom in on Frankie's cards revealing that he has a very weak hand consisting of low ranking cards and no pairs. He will then announce that he wants to go "all in". The other mobsters will look at him in disbelief before looking towards what appears to be his last remaining opponent who will place his cards smugly down on the table and exclaim "full house.. beat that Frankie boy" causing Frankie to slam his cards down on the table and yell "Jesus Philly you're f*cking me worse than my wife here!" prompting another player to comment "bullsh*t Frankie.. nobody f*cks worse than your wife" causing the whole table to erupt in hysterical laughter, even drawing a chuckle from Carlo who is standing patiently on the side lines. After the laughter has died down a bit Frankie will say "f*ck you Tommy, leave my wife outta this ok" he will then get up from the table and walk towards Carlo, throwing his arm around his shoulder and leading him over to a more vacant part of the club, telling him "wipe that damn smile off your face, we've got business to discuss". When they have gotten a sufficient distance away from the other mobsters the two men will begin to discuss Carlo's next assignment.

Carlo: "So what is it that you want me to do?"

Frankie: "Every week my dad has one of his drivers bring an oil tanker full of gas accross the bridge from Charge Island. I want you to make sure that this week that truck doesn't reach it's destination"

Carlo (looking somewhat bewildred): "Ok.."

Frankie: "One thing though, none of the other guys can know anything about this so let's just keep it between you and me ok"

Carlo: "Well that explains the relocation to this side of the room but what if your old man finds out somehow?"

Frankie: "Well unless you f*ck up he aint gonna find out"

Carlo: "I see. So where can I find this truck?"

Frankie: "The truck will be leaving the oil refinery at around 5am, It's important that you jack it before it reaches the East Borough bridge, otherwise you're gonna attract a lot of unwanted attention. The driver aint gonna wanna give it up too easily either so I suggest you bring along some firepower to scare him into changing his mind, there's a guy named Nino, he lives over on applejack, he's ex millitary or some sh*t so he'll hook you up"

Carlo: "Seems pretty straight forward"

Frankie: "That's because it is"

Frankie will then pat Carlo on his back to send him on his way. As Carlo begins to walk towards the door however Frankie will call out "Oh and Carlo" prompting him to turn around. He will then tell him "you look like a f*ckin bum, head over to Proplaps and get yourself a nice jogging suit and a pair of sneakers or somethin. I know we got kind of a casual vibe goin on around here but that don't mean that you can show up dressed like you're living out of a dumpster". Carlo will then continue walking towards the door muttering under his breath "yeah whatever you dumb prick" and he will walk out the door. At this point you will regain control of Carlo and you will be instructed on screen to go and see Nino for some guns and the location of the nearest Prolaps will show up on your radar for you to visit at your leisure.

When you arrive at Nino's place Carlo will ring his cob web laden buzzer. A few moments later a tall muscular man dressed in a leather motorcycle vest and a pair of camos will answer the door. "You're Carlo right?" Nino will enquire "Yeah man, you must be Nino" Carlo will confidently reply. Nino will then say "That's the introductions out of the way, you lookin for some weapons?" leading Carlo down into his basement which looks similar to a nuclear fallout shelter and into a large vault at the back filled with weapons. "I've got just about every weapon from here to beruit.. what kind of thing are you in the market for?" Nino will ask "I want something.. you know.. Intimidating" Nino will reach up onto a rack at the rear of the vault and lift down a Rocket Launcher and ask Carlo "something like this?". Carlo will look anxiously at Nino and reply "I was kinda thinking of something a little smaller" Nino will replace the rocket launcher and say "There's a lot of things smaller than Mr. RPG.. you're gonna have to be a little more specific or we're gonna be here all f*cking night". "Hmm ok" Carlo will reply "How about a shotgun" prompting Nino to ask "pump action or semi auto?" pointing to a regular shotgun and a combat shotgun respectively. "Have you got anything a little more.. traditional" Carlo will ask. Nino will then walk out of the vault and beckon Carlo over to a large workbench at the other side of the room, he will then pull out a Lupara and hand it to Carlo commenting that it is "a beautiful piece, just what you're looking for" Carlo will take the shotgun along with a box of shells and leave the house telling Nino that Frankie will pick up the tab.

By now it should be almost 5am so the next step will be to head over to charge island in search of the tanker (which will show up as a blip on your radar". When you reach the Tanker you must cut it off using a car causing the driver to stop. When you have successfully stopped the tanker the driver will get out of the truck to see what the hell you're up to, you will then be prompted to initiate the highjacking of the truck. Carlo will get out of his vehicle and point his Lupara at the driver as stated by Frankie however he will be somewhat reluctant to hand over the truck and will come at you with a baseball bat. At this point you will have three options, 1. You can kill the driver (and lose honor) 2. you can bribe the driver (and lose $300) or 3. You can knock the driver out (and risk taking a few hits of a bat) the choice is yours. Either way when you have taken the truck you will be instructed to drive it over to a compound that Frankie owns in Industrial, Bohan at which point Carlo will call Frankie and tell him that the task has been carried out successfully, Frankie will of course be delighted and tell Carlo that he is welcome in the Lupisella's social club any time he likes. After this phonecall this part of the chapter will draw to a close. Following this chapter the Truck Highjacking side mission will be unlocked.

Click Here for Part 2

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:58 AM

Greatness. Although I would be yelling at my TV if Carlo would turn down an RPG for a goddamn double barrelled shotgun biggrin.gif

Can't wait for part 2!

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:07 AM

Another great chapter, man. Great work. icon14.gif

Tyla
  • Tyla

Dressed To Kill

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:44 AM

This is like an advertisement to have honour and respect in the next game. I love how what choice you make from the three supplied is consequential in some way - really gives a feeling that you're in control of Carlo and the actions he takes. This is the sort of moulding I want to do with the next protagonist, not trussing him up like some twat.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:08 AM

Thanks guys smile.gif

@akavari: Haha yeah.. He kind of has to walk before he can run though. By the way I've decided not to add the ski mask since it would make it too easy for players to commit merciless murders without suffering any loss of honor. In the mafia people get whacked face to face.. their idea seems to be that it doesn't matter who sees their face since they won't be alive to tell anybody. I've never seen any depictions of the mafia where they wear ski masks have you? I may add in halloween masks or something for a later mission though.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Dressed To Kill

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:35 AM

What about a motorcycle helmet?
Not only could it prevent the loss of honour, but also reduce the amount of damage for crashing your bike?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:54 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 13 March 2013 - 01:29 PM.

Chapter 3 - Part 2

You will recieve a text message from Frankie asking you to meet him in an alleyway off Windmill street in Bohan Industrial. When you get there Carlo will approach the passenger side of Frankie's Buccaneer and try in vein to open the door, Frankie realising that the door is locked will lean over and open it from the inside and Carlo will get in.

Carlo: "Hey Frankie. Is everything ok?"

Frankie: "No everything is not ok"

Carlo: "Why what's up?"

Frankie: "I think my dad knows it was me who knocked off that tanker"

Carlo: "Oh.."

Frankie: "If I don't get rid of the evidence and fast I'm in big trouble"

Carlo: "Come on Frankie, surely he wouldn't do nothin to his own son"

Frankie: "I broke the rules kid, that's how it goes in this life of ours"

Carlo: "I jacked the truck.. Does that mean that this sh*t is gonna come back on me too?"

Frankie: "It sure does. But don't worry, I got it all figured out"

Carlo: "Oh yeah?"

Frankie: "Yeah. I had some of my crew run all the gas out of the tank and put it into steel drums and then dump the truck in the ocean. I got a few gas stations around the city that are willing to take that sh*t off my hands, for the right price of course. I've got a truck parked up nearby with all of the steel drums loaded on to the back of it, get rid off those barrels as quick as you can and there'll be a nice little pay day in it for you" (Carlo nods in agreement) "give me a call when it's done"

Carlo: "Ok I'm on it, talk to you soon"

When you enter the truck which contains the barrels of gas you will be given a set time limit in which to deliver all of the barrels to the designated gas stations around the city. When you pull in to each gas station some employees will take a barrel or two from the back of the truck and then your next destination will show up on the map. You will continue this cycle until all of the barrels have been delivered, at which point Carlo will call Frankie who will tell you to meet him outside the social club. When you meet with Frankie Carlo will give him the money and he will give him his cut at which point you will have completed this part of the chapter. Well Done icon14.gif

Click Here for Part 3

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:59 PM

Amazing MOB icon14.gif . I love your concepts.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:44 PM

Wow that was great M.O.B icon14.gif Can't wait for Part Two biggrin.gif

Tyla
  • Tyla

Dressed To Kill

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Feb 27 2011, 15:54)
QUOTE (Tyla @ Feb 25 2011, 10:35)
Not only could it prevent the loss of honour, but also reduce the amount of damage for crashing your bike?

There's already a motorcycle helmet in GTA IV monocle.gif

Yes, and it gets thrown aside after five seconds. And as far as I'm aware, it actually does nothing to help lessen the impact of crashing your bike?
You have Prolaps in your story - it could be the perfect opportunity to throw in a purchasable motorcycle helmet that not only can you wear to protect yourself when flying off a bike but also doubles as the perfect form of concealment.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (Tyla @ Feb 27 2011, 18:30)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Feb 27 2011, 15:54)
QUOTE (Tyla @ Feb 25 2011, 10:35)

There's already a motorcycle helmet in GTA IV monocle.gif

Yes, and it gets thrown aside after five seconds. And as far as I'm aware, it actually does nothing to help lessen the impact of crashing your bike?
You have Prolaps in your story - it could be the perfect opportunity to throw in a purchasable motorcycle helmet that not only can you wear to protect yourself when flying off a bike but also doubles as the perfect form of concealment.

Ok I get you now man. It's a good suggestion I'm not sure wether it really fits the theme though.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:32 PM Edited by akavari112, 27 February 2011 - 10:34 PM.

I don't really like the idea of a motorcycle helmet for that purpose. I mean, it sounds like something you'd do in real life but it's a bit weird. A ski mask is more symbolic to the criminal for concealing identities and it just looks cooler imo. Not "I've got to rob this truck, better put on a motorcycle helmet over my Didier Sachs suit."

Which brings something else to mind where the helmet could come in handy. Carlo could unlock a motorcycle riding outfit complete with a permanent helmet.
And a jacket like this
user posted image

Tyla
  • Tyla

Dressed To Kill

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Feb 27 2011, 22:32)
Which brings something else to mind where the helmet could come in handy. Carlo could unlock a motorcycle riding outfit complete with a permanent helmet.

Great idea.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (Tyla @ Feb 28 2011, 16:37)

Great idea.

I will try and figure out a way to work it into the story.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Feb 28 2011, 23:23)

Great idea.

Maybe Carlo could get a bike and an outfit for something involving Frankie Garone, since he might drive an NRG 900 as seen in Gerry's mission where you kill him (unless it was the Albanians' bike).

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Feb 28 2011, 23:38)

Great idea.

Maybe Carlo could get a bike and an outfit for something involving Frankie Garone, since he might drive an NRG 900 as seen in Gerry's mission where you kill him (unless it was the Albanians' bike).

I always figured that it was the Albanian's bike which he steals when sees Niko coming after him. Carlo will ride a motorcycle during a certain part of the story but the proceeding events will have him wearing something other than a motorcycle jacket (I don't want to ruin anything). I guess it could just be purchasable from Prolaps at some point.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Feb 28 2011, 23:56)
QUOTE (akavari112 @ Feb 28 2011, 23:38)

Great idea.

I always figured that it was the Albanian's bike which he steals when sees Niko coming after him. Carlo will ride a motorcycle during a certain part of the story but the proceeding events will have him wearing something other than a motorcycle jacket (I don't want to ruin anything). I guess it could just be purchasable from Prolaps at some point.

Yeah you could just make it a purchasable outfit. That would probably make more sense.

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:24 AM

Hey, you know how Jermaine kill's Joe Corrola in Code Of The Streets. Will that affect your story, or is it completly seperate?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users