545 replies to this topic
Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:08 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 31 December 2010 - 03:19 PM.

QUOTE (LuisBellic @ Dec 31 2010, 10:20)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Oct 18 2010, 23:10)
The game will be available exclusively for download on Xbox Live and the Playstation Network

There should be a disc version for people who don't have Xbox Live or PSN.

In my estimation only true GTA fans would actually pay for this content so putting it on a disc would not be cost effective. I suppose in a real world situation there could be points cards for the game like Rockstar did with TLAD but that would mean that an internet connection would still be required. Lets face it though who doesn't have an internet connection and can afford a games console??

@mati: I was thinking there would be but I don't think I would go as far as to create missions for each asset and post them in the topic. Just seems a little unneccessary ya know.

IvoryX
  • IvoryX

My stories are your fun.

• Members

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:17 PM

LB just wait for pirate version biggrin.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (IvoryX @ Dec 31 2010, 15:17)
LB just wait for pirate version biggrin.gif

That's some good advice bro lol biggrin.gif

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Improved 2010

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:08 AM

You know, I have an excellent idea. You know how in The Lost and Damned the opening cutscene introduces all the main members of The Lost MC?
I think there should be an opening cutscene styled like this every time Carlo gets introduced to one of the main families of The Commission.

I think it would be a cool idea because The Lost and Damned's opening cutscene was very damn awesome. cool.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (The Lolwut Pear @ Jan 5 2011, 01:08)
You know, I have an excellent idea. You know how in The Lost and Damned the opening cutscene introduces all the main members of The Lost MC?
I think there should be an opening cutscene styled like this every time Carlo gets introduced to one of the main families of The Commission.

I think it would be a cool idea because The Lost and Damned's opening cutscene was very damn awesome. cool.gif

The key members of each of the mafia families will be introduced differently into the story. I think it would get a bit repetitive if it were the same cutscene that played each time a new family were introduced. All of the dudes that appear on the first page will make an appearence in the story but the backstories act as a buffer to ensure that the story doesn't carry on too long in an effort to explain each character.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:18 AM

The next part of the story has been added.. enjoy. smile.gif

Ibrahim-al baghdadi
  • Ibrahim-al baghdadi

“Proud Founder of The 'Vercetti' Crime Family''

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Jan 16 2011, 00:18)
The next part of the story has been added.. enjoy. smile.gif

Thanks man , was waiting for this ill have a nice read:)

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:44 AM

Excellent read icon14.gif

I like how the beginning of the game is taking baby-steps toward how the game is really played, not just immediately jumping into murdering and blowing sh*t up for thousands of dollars.

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Jan 16 2011, 03:44)
Excellent read icon14.gif

I like how the beginning of the game is taking baby-steps toward how the game is really played, not just immediately jumping into murdering and blowing sh*t up for thousands of dollars.

I agree.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Oct 18 2010, 23:16)
...the Honor and Respect system whereby doing bad things such as shooting and beating people will make your honor level drop but will boost your respect (but often reward you with monetary rewards) and completing good deeds like using persuasion instead of violence and helping people on the street will boost your honor and also your respect but will generally not make you much money. He will then bid you farewell and tell you that he'll be in touch. On Carlo's way home he will get a chance to recoup some honor when he spots an old lady being mugged on the street near his house. He can then choose to get the old ladies money back (either by sticking up or injuring the theif) or simply ignore the situation. This will also provide an introduction to "Favours" ambient events that will from this point occur randomly throughout the city.

Glad we're on the same page in regards to wanting a little feature like this in GTA! Brilliant way of working it in, and I do like that it keeps with the whole Mafioso feel of "respect is everything".

Keep up the good work man icon14.gif It'll take me a couple more chapters to warm to Carlo but I like him already.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

Yeah I can't say I really like Carlo but I'm sure he is supposed to come off as an amateur in the beginning, still wet behind the ears and foolish.

IvoryX
  • IvoryX

My stories are your fun.

• Members

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:24 PM

Are you gonna include Rudy D'Avanzo?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:52 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 16 January 2011 - 06:58 PM.

Thanks a lot guys.. it's always great to get positive feedback it really makes it feel like the work has paid off.

@akavari: Yeah I intentionally made him seem like a naive idiot at first. He has spend 28 years living at home with his mother and due to his socio-economic background he isn't the most educated man in the world. He does have a fair bit of street smarts though and I hope to show that as the story progresses.

@IvoryX: Yes I am going to include him.. he won't be appearing for a while though.

On a side note here is a little trailer for a movie called "The Narrows" from 2009. I saw it a while ago and its pretty decent. It also has a few of the actors that I used for the characters in this story in it too.. see can you guys spot them.

Cash High
  • Cash High

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:57 AM

Nice stories so far. I particularly liked the part when Carlo is asking about the bugs. tounge2.gif Keep the good stories up.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:12 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 18 January 2011 - 09:32 PM.

QUOTE (Cash High @ Jan 17 2011, 01:57)
Nice stories so far. I particularly liked the part when Carlo is asking about the bugs.  tounge2.gif Keep the good stories up.

Thanks man. Glad you liked it smile.gif

On a side note I would like to include a Snub Nosed revolver in this game based on some form of a .38 special but I can't make a decent looking icon.. so if somebody would like to help me out I would greatly apreciate it. This is about the best attempt I can muster:

user posted image

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:38 PM

I know I've been kind of neglecting this topic as of late but fear not.. The final part of Chapter 2 has now been posted on the first page. smile.gif

I think after this I'm gonna start posting each chapter in a seperate space in the topic, I wasn't originally planning on doing full cutscene dialogue which is why I thought that one space would be enough to tell the whole story but if I do that now the post will be miles long by the end of the story and will no doubt put people off reading it.

As always feedback is greatly appreciated.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:52 PM

Finally got around to reading Chapter 3, good stuff. You're writing is great, I could really relate to Carlo being nervous in the dive bar haha. Was the club in Dukes supposed to be the Pillows Club? Also an idea for that mission would be for Frankie to give Carlo an unloaded gun, because he just wants Carlo to scare the club owner and not kill him since he was a childhood friend.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Feb 11 2011, 20:52)
Finally got around to reading Chapter 3, good stuff. You're writing is great, I could really relate to Carlo being nervous in the dive bar haha. Was the club in Dukes supposed to be the Pillows Club? Also an idea for that mission would be for Frankie to give Carlo an unloaded gun, because he just wants Carlo to scare the club owner and not kill him since he was a childhood friend.

I actually hadn't got a specific club in mind so if anybody has any suggestions as to where it could be then throw your ideas at me. That's a good idea but the reason for the gun being loaded is to give the player the option to kill everybody in the club and go into the minus numbers of the honor/respect scale which would put them off doing so unless they wanted to get a reputation as a maniac. Killing the club owner will result in failure of the mission though.. the idea is just to beat him up to make him give Frankie a cut of the club's takings.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:22 AM

Hey MOB, do you think you could send Chapter 3 to me in a PM? My connection won't load the first page... maybe it's because you've put so much work on it colgate.gif I'd like to give you some feedback anyway man as I always look forward to reading this, so drop me a line.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:00 AM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 08 March 2013 - 12:30 AM.

Chapter 1 - The Introduction

The game opens with the game's theme music playing and helicopter shot flying over liberty city's bright mid afternoon skyline, after a few seconds the camera zooms down to street level and begins cruising in and around the many hoods of Broker and Dukes as criminals and gangsters commit various crimes. The voice of the protagonist narrates (off camera) "Welcome to the lovely Liberty City the greatest city in the f*cking world" the camera will then continue moving across the East borough bridge weaving through heavy traffic as the protagonist continues his angst ridden monologue about how wonderful the city and it's equally wonderful inhabitants are. The camera will then move northwards up columbus avenue towards north holland, finally resting on a modestly dressed young italian man standing on a subway platform before zooming in to give the player a tight shot of the man's face as he introduces himself as Carlo Devino "one such inhabitant of this wonderful city". Carlo will then board a subway train but the camera will remain outside following closely alongside the train as Carlo tells us about his life growing up in Liberty City and how hard it is for him to secure a decent job to pay his rent and look after his elderly Mother. After a minute or two the train will pull up at another station in Bohan where Carlo will disembark and walk towards the exit still narrating as he walks, commenting on how his native Bohan is like one big prison camp for all of the city's outcasts, junkies and low lifes, constructed by city officials in an effort to keep such degenerates out of Algonquin. After a few minutes of walking through the streets of Bohan in what is now the late evening, Carlo will stop outside a small appartment building and walk inside as the theme music fades to silence.

Carlo will open the door of a second story appartment to be greeted by an elderly woman (introduced on screen as Mrs. Devino) who walks over to him and throws her arms around him before pulling away and slapping him accross the cheek.

Mrs. Devino (in a strong Italian tinted accent): "Carlo where have you been? Your dinner was ready hours ago"

Carlo: "I was out Ma.. I got some take out"

Mrs. Devino: (imitating Carlo) "I was out ma" "That's all you ever say" "God forbid you'd be out looking for a job!"

Carlo: "I know ma, I know"

Mrs. Devino (continuing her rant): "I've been here all day slaving away to put dinner on the table for you and what thanks do I get? Huh? no sorry I missed dinner ma, sorry I never called, just some half assed explaination, that's all"

Carlo: "Sorry ma, I'll go look for a job tomorrow I promise then I'll Call and tell you all about it, right now I'm tired, I'm going to bed"

Mrs. Devino: "Ok see you tomorrow, and you better be up early!, Good jobs don't wait around you know"

After the introduction the game will properly start off with you assuming control of Carlo in the living room of his dinky apartment and the game will guide you through how to use the bed in order to save your game (which you will presumably do).

After a timelapse the game will have advanced six hours and Carlo will be awoken by his alarm clock. He will get out of bed and advance towards the door, as he does so however he will be stopped in his tracks and you will be given an automated tour demonstrating the basics of gameplay such as how to change your clothes, watch T.V. and how the health bar works etc. When the game has finished guiding you through these steps you will be instructed to go talk to your mother who is cleaning in the kitchen. Carlo will talk to his mother about his intentions of going out to look for a job but will be asked by his mother instead to go and pick her up some groceries. This will form the basis of your first mission.

Upon your arrival outside Carlo's appartment you will be shown towards your beaten up old car and the parking space system will be explained on screen. From here you will be instructed to drive to the grocery store which is a few blocks away from your appartment. When you arrive at the grocery store Carlo will go inside and emerge a few seconds later (via a time lapse). Upon exiting the store Carlo will (literally) bump into his friend Daniela who he has known for many years, dropping his mother's groceries all over the sidewalk. Carlo will apologise for his clumsiness and Dani will tease him for being such a clutz and help him pick up his groceries. As she helps him to gather up the groceries she and Carlo will get talking and she will end up asking him if he wants to go grab a cup of coffee. Carlo will be conscious of returning the groceries to his mother but will agree to go anyway, relenting that it's "only a cup of coffee" and shouldn't take too long. At this point you will be instructed to drive Dani to the local coffee shop. As you approach the car however Dani will tell Carlo that she "wouldn't be caught dead in that piece of sh*t" and would rather walk. Carlo and Dani will walk towards the coffee shop which is just a couple of blocks away, talking to one another as they walk.

Upon arriving at the cafe Carlo and Dani will talk over coffee and she will tease him about his car, with Carlo citing his lack of a job to be the reason behind him driving such an embarrassing ride – at which point Dani will offer to put him in touch with her uncle Frank, saying that he might have some work for him. Knowing the type of work that Frank may offer him, Carlo will initially refuse the offer but will eventually take his number "just in case". After the two have finished their conversation, Carlo will look at his watch and noticing the time will tell Dani that he has to get back to his apartment. The two will say their goodbyes and leave seperately.

After leaving the cafe you will regain control of carlo and be instructed to return to your car. As you approach your car you will notice a couple of hoodlooms resting on it. Carlo will approach and tell them to the get the f*ck off of his car, the two gangsters will (unsuprisingly) take exception to Carlo's choice of words and a fight will ensue. During the fight with the first gangster you will be taken through the new fighting mechanic and will be shown how to attack and counter punch etc. After downing the first guy, the second guy will pull out a knife and you will be required to disarm him, which will prompt him to run away scared.

After this little fisticuffs you must return to your appartment where your mother will be waiting angrily for you. Carlo's mother will again berate him for neglecting his responsibilities and returning home with what she identifies as a black eye. Carlo will apologise about wasting the day and being late returning home with the groceries and control will be returned to you. At this point you can choose to go to bed, call Frank or explore the city.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:07 AM

Even reading it a second time, it's amazingly cinematic. colgate.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:16 AM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 12 October 2014 - 04:10 PM.

Chapter 2 - Putting in Work

Part 1 - "We'll Take My Car"

When Carlo calls Frankie he will tell him to drop by his apartment. After following an "F" symbol on the map, Carlo will enter the building. He approaches the door of Frankie's apartment, pausing for a moment he looks around for a doorbell, not finding one he knocks reluctantly on the door. After a couple of seconds a man answers the door, opening it just enough to peep out, leaving the chain accross the opening between the door and it's frame. Looking suspiciously into Carlo's face, the man (who is presumably Frankie) asks "who is it?" to which Carlo replies "it's me.. Carlo..you told me to come by for some work". At this point the man closes the door momentarily in order to unhook the chain before opening it fully to reveal himself to Carlo. Frankie, who is dressed in a black and blue bowling style shirt, black pants and sneakers and is supported on his right side by a cane extends his hand to greet Carlo as he steps through the door, at which point a conversation ensues between the two men.

Frankie: "Hey kid, the name's Frankie, sorry about that.. ya can never be too sure who's callin these days"

Carlo: "Of course.. I understand"

Frankie: "You know, Daniela she speaks pretty highly of you. She says you're a good kid"

Carlo: "Well that's.. nice to know"

Frankie: "Are you f*cking her?"

Carlo: "No! It's not like that. We're just friends"

Frankie: "That's good to hear, because if you were I'd have to kill you, you know that right"

Carlo: (laughs nervously) "Right"

Frankie also begins to laugh

Frankie: "I'm just f*ckin with ya kid. But seriously don't go there"

Carlo: "Alright man, I got you"

Frankie: "I would ask you in.. but we gotta get a move on"

The two men walk outside the building, Frankie turns to Carlo and asks "you got a ride?" Carlo says "sure" pointing towards his beaten down old Vigero. "You gotta be f*ckin kidding me right" laughs Frankie "we'll take my car" guiding Carlo towards a beige Buccaneer that's parked up on the sidewalk. When they enter the car the two men discuss how Carlo and Dani know each other and Frankie tells you that he wants you to drive him around town to make some cash pickups. Carlo will park up and wait outside each of the four locations while Frankie hobbles in and emerges a few seconds later, guiding you towards the next location. After Frankie has made all of his pickups he will tell you to drive him home. After getting out at his appartment Frankie will tell you about a mechanic named Angelo that he thinks you should go see to get your car fixed up (free of charge since Angelo owes him a favour). The location of Angelo's garage will show up on your map for you to visit at your leisure.

Upon visiting Angelo's auto shop he will tell you to wait around while he fixes up your car after it has been restored to its former glory Angelo will tell you that if you come by any nice (stolen) cars that he may want to buy he'll pay you well for them. Angelo's auto shop will be permanently added to your map. Shortly after your visit to the shop Frankie will text you and tell you about a little car service operation that he runs and say that he could do with some drivers. After recieving this text the car service side mission will open up for you. Carlo will call his mother and tell her he got a job, she will of course be delighted.

Click Here for Part 2

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:20 AM

Since you are going the route of honor and respect, I think a great addition would be a ski mask that could act exactly like the bandana in RDR. I'm planning on doing something like it in my upcoming Carcer City topic but it would really fit into this concept.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Feb 18 2011, 00:20)
Since you are going the route of honor and respect, I think a great addition would be a ski mask that could act exactly like the bandana in RDR. I'm planning on doing something like it in my upcoming Carcer City topic but it would really fit into this concept.

Yeah that would make a really nice addition.. I will add it in when I do the next chapter since Frankie will tell Carlo to go to Prolaps and pick up a Soprano esque jogging suit to fit in with his cohorts down at the social club.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:56 AM

Wow your brilliant at writing icon14.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:54 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 07 November 2014 - 09:48 PM.

Chapter 2

Part 2 - "Call The Exterminator"

After recieving a call from Frankie, Carlo will drop by his apartment. Carlo will knock on the door and will hear Frankie's voice from inside asking "who is it?" Carlo will pause momentarily and look towards the camera as if to say "is this guy serious?" before replying "it's Carlo", Frankie will tell him that the door is open and to let himself in. When Carlo enters the apartment he will find Frankie in the middle of frantically pulling the place asunder. Bewildered as to why he would be doing such a thing, Carlo will ask him "what the hell are you doing man?". Frankie will carry on upturning the room for a few moments as if he is oblivious to Carlo's question before responding "I'm looking for bugs" "Bugs?" Carlo will reply "why don't you just call an exterminator?" totally misunderstanding Frankie's statement. Frankie will snap back with "Not those kind of bugs you idiot, I'm talking about wires, you know.. listening devices". Carlo will say "Oh.. I thought you meant.. nevermind. Do you have some work for me?". Frankie will say "yes but I can't tell you here" he will then walk into the apartment's kitchenette and tell Carlo to "come over here". Carlo will walk over to Frankie and he will tell him that one of the guys he collected money from the other day didn't pay him the full amount he owed. After giving the guy a little more time to pay he has run out of patience with him and now he wants you to go and get the money from him the hard way. After recieving his next assignment from Frankie, Carlo will turn to him and ask "so whats the deal with these bugs?" Frankie will look at Carlo and making a cut throat gesture will loudly exclaim "I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT". Carlo will look at him confusedly and say "but you said" before being cut off by Frankie who will say "didn't I tell you to go do something.. get the f*ck outta here". Carlo will then leave.

The man in question will own a store near Grand Boulevard in Bohan. You will be required to go over there and enter the store with a view of forcefully persuading him to pay up. When you enter the store you will find an elderly man behind the counter, Carlo will approach him and say "I'm here to get Frankie the money you owe him" the man will reply "f*ck Frankie, he aint nothin but a piece of sh*t". Carlo will advance towards the store owner but just as he does a second man will emerge from the back room armed with a pair of Brass Knuckles. Carlo will beat the man up and take the brass knuckles before turning his attention to the store owner. The owner will beg for forgiveness and promptly hand over the cash. Carlo will say "let this be a lesson to you" and will leave the store. Upon leaving the store you will be informed about how to rob or extort a store owner you will then head back over to Frankie's crib to give him his money.

When you arrive back at Frankie's he will meet you in the hallway. He will thank Carlo and tell him that he has not only made the store owner fear him but also respect him and it is likely that he will tell others about his experience. He will say that some times violent and unlawful actions are neccessary in order to acheive the desired results but say that in order to fit in to the ways of the honoured society sometimes you will need to take a more diplomatic approach. This will be his round about way of explaining the Honor and Respect system whereby doing bad things such as shooting and beating people will make your honor level drop but will boost your respect (but often reward you with monetary rewards) and completing good deeds like using persuasion instead of violence and helping people on the street will boost your honor and also your respect but will generally not make you much money. He will then bid you farewell and tell you that he'll be in touch.

On Carlo's way home he will get a chance to recoup some honor when he spots an old lady being mugged on the street near his house. He can then choose to get the old ladies money back (either by sticking up or injuring the theif) or simply ignore the situation. This will also provide an introduction to "Favours" ambient events that will from this point occur randomly throughout the city.

Click Here for Part 3

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:18 PM

yaw, long time since i commented and have read your stuff due to other things i got going, but i got to admit i love that Chapter 2, it's really, really good especially the dialogue you got going, well done glad your still working on this icon14.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:36 AM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 25 February 2012 - 04:23 PM.

QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ Feb 18 2011, 06:56)
Wow your brilliant at writing icon14.gif

Thanks man. I'm currently formulating the dialogue for the first part of chapter 3 in my head but it's not really working out for me. I hope to have the next installment posted before the weekend's out though.

QUOTE (Sanjeem @ Feb 18 2011, 19:18)
yaw, long time since i commented and have read your stuff due to other things i got going, but i got to admit i love that Chapter 2, it's really, really good especially the dialogue you got going, well done glad your still working on this icon14.gif

Thanks for the vote of confidence man. The dialogue to me is the most important part of this topic... I want it to be believable but not too cliché at the same time so thanks (again).

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:40 AM

Well good luck on wtiting the dialogue. When will part 3 be up?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ Feb 20 2011, 00:40)
Well good luck on wtiting the dialogue. When will part 3 be up?

I was planning on posting the first part of Chapter 3 tomorrow but I just can't seem to find the time to sit down and plan it out properly.. I don't want to do a half assed job on it so I want to wait until I have ample time. It should be soon enough though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users