• Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:26 PM

Loved the mission mate, nice dialogue and a great set up for the shootout. I liked how you killed off Tony and the surprise came across really well. I also liked Carlo's flashbacks, but I'm not too far into the story, so can't recall the event, however it still had a powerful effect, and is a great asset of Carlo's character. Since I'm still reading through the first parts of the concept, could you tell me if Andriy is linked to Dimitri Rascalov or Kenny Petrovic? It's a while since I played through the portion of GTA IV that features this location and time of the mission. 

Tony's death seems to be a big hit with the readers so far :D

Andriy is linked to Dimitri Rascalov but I also imagine him having some ties to Petrovic (I might actually allude to this in the next mission). What I'm actually gonna do is go back in and link the text about the flashbacks to the chapters they refer in order to make it more understandable for newcomers like yourself. Also 600 posts!! :colgate:

• TheUnholy and ClaudX like this

Tyla
  • Tyla

Trouble Man

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:45 AM

Aw man. Tony. :(

As others have said, I wasn't expecting that.

Paulie is acting shifty at the end there...

EM_JAY_86
  • EM_JAY_86

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:35 AM

I always like it when people aren't afraid to kill off fleshed out characters, and even with the confrontational exchanges between Tony and Andriy in the previous mission, I still didn't expect him to pull the trigger. Also, it showed Andriy's ruthlessness!

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

If you can't tell when I'm sarcastic, then shame on you

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 March 2015 - 06:55 PM

From what Carlo said while talking to Paulie, it sounds like Tony's death would have happened anyway. Tony's death certainly gives more weight on the already deteriorated relations with the Russians. Carlo has more reason to hate his "Russian friend" than if the deal were simply a set up. Great mission.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:44 PM

Aw man. Tony. :(

As others have said, I wasn't expecting that.

Paulie is acting shifty at the end there...

Yeah that Paulie is a shifty f*cker I wouldn't trust him :cool:

I always like it when people aren't afraid to kill off fleshed out characters, and even with the confrontational exchanges between Tony and Andriy in the previous mission, I still didn't expect him to pull the trigger. Also, it showed Andriy's ruthlessness!

From what Carlo said while talking to Paulie, it sounds like Tony's death would have happened anyway. Tony's death certainly gives more weight on the already deteriorated relations with the Russians. Carlo has more reason to hate his "Russian friend" than if the deal were simply a set up. Great mission.

Yeah I don't think I could let those tensions bubble under the surface any longer. My thoughts while writing the mission were that Andriy would respect Carlo enough to give him a fighting chance and Carlo wouldn't care enough about the money to try and stop him from escaping.. the way he sees it Andriy is a dead man having killed Tony anyway it just remains to be seen if the Ancelottis put more value on the deal with the Russians than the life of one of their own.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:22 PM

Can't believe its been almost a month since I've updated this. I'm gonna get cracking on the next part of the story so stay tuned. In the meantime anybody who hasn't checked out the last part please be sure to do so - http://gtaforums.com...s/?p=1067066323

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:47 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 04 April 2015 - 12:42 PM.

[deleted]

Thanks for that contribution :^:

I've done a little bit of work on the next part of the story so here's a little preview. Let me know what you guys think so far:

Spoiler

Tyla
  • Tyla

Trouble Man

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:56 AM

I've done a little bit of work on the next part of the story so here's a little preview. Let me know what you guys think so far:

Great. Paulie is shaping up to be my favourite character. :^:

Spoiler

All in all, shaping up to be a thrilling climax.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:34 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 05 April 2015 - 12:34 PM.

Great. Paulie is shaping up to be my favourite character. :^:

Spoiler

All in all, shaping up to be a thrilling climax.

You always seem to come out of the woodwork to show your support and for that I am truely grateful. Thanks man :^:

I must say I love writing for Paulie as much as I did Peter Gravelli (who we still haven't seen the last of) a common feature with them is the future of the mob. I've hopefully shown them both to have a good head on their shoulders which is something that is needed to keep one step ahead of the Feds. I could see the Gambetti's links with the IAA and the politicions dying off with Jon Gravelli so the new administration will need to be shrewd in order to stay out of jail. The Consigliere Sal Mangano is the perfect man for the job.. I know I haven't had a chance to show it in this topic but I'll hopefully get a chance to do so in another project which will be coming in the future (which you already know about Tyla) ;) I'm still trying to figure out a way of showing how close the authorities are to Roy Zito though.. I have got some ideas for the future of the family but I think I may stick to some simple foreshadowing.

As for the Ancelottis, well, in the words of Silvio Dante "Our true enemy has yet to reveal himself" :cool:

Most people probably already know who it is though :D

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:51 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 14 May 2015 - 02:20 PM.

Chapter 16

Part 2 - "The Lion and the Fox"

Carlo will receive a text message on his phone which reads:

"Hey kid, it's been a while. We should catch up. Come meet your uncle Paulie at the Ristorante on Denver Avenue in Little Italy"

Carlo will travel to the designated place and enter through the front door to find Paulie sitting alone in an empty dining area listening to Bruce Springsteen while talking on his phone

"Ok Marlene, I just gotta bit of business to take care of then I'll be right home. Why don't you fix me some of that baccala salad.. No I aint eaten, but you know I'm on a diet"

Paulie will speak in his thick Liberty City accent, the large plate of spaghetti and red wine on the table calling his bluff. He will listen to the woman's response while smiling slightly towards Carlo and then continue talking

"Ok baby I lo.. I'll see you later"

Carlo will help himself to a seat opposite Paulie as he hangs up the phone

"The wife huh?"

Paulie: "Yeah.. the old ball and chain. We were highschool sweethearts and now I gotta pop a pill just to f*ck her. Not that I have any other problems in that department.. my doctor and my comare can attest to that"

"Haha I have no reason to doubt you. Well drink up.. I hear that stuff is good for the blood flow"

Carlo will say, pointing to the bottle of red

Paulie: "Nah I gotta take it easy.. we've got an important meeting with the Russians and I gotta keep a clear head"

He will stand up and turn off the radio as his favourite song fades into an imaging voice

"You see my friend the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognise traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."

Carlo: "Niccolò Machiavelli right?"

Paulie will turn as speed expressing his surprise

"You're familiar with his work?"

Carlo: "It's one of them old fables my old man used to tell me when I was a kid. He died and left me and my mother without a pot to piss in but at least he left me with something.. not that I ever really understood it"

Paulie: "I mean I aint gonna give these bastards a f*cking inch. If they think I'm gonna take what that cocksucker did to Tony lying down they've got another thing coming"

Carlo: "Yeah they gotta pay for that sh*t. So what's the plan.. we gonna lure them into a false sense of security and then blow their f*ckin brains out?"

Just then a waiter will emerge from the rear kitchen and begin shining a glass at the bar

Paulie: "Not exactly.. maybe we should discuss this somewhere else eh"

The scene will then cut to them walking down the stairs to the restaurant's basement as Paulie continues talking

"Roberto's a good man but I don't wanna put nobody in an awkward position should the feds come knocking. I've been around far too much death lately.. far more than can be expected in this life of ours. Take this kid Frankie, another young friend of ours cut down in his prime. I raised this kid like he was one of my own even helped set him up with his own crew but he was headstrong and he wouldn't listen. He ultimately paid the price. This restaurant it belonged to a good friend of mine named Tony Black.."

Carlo: "Tony Black sure.. I've heard of him. He was involved in some kind of deal with the Albanians."

Paulie: "That's right, I heard you and them was dealing H for a time"

Carlo: "Strictly business. I heard it didn't end too good with them and your boy Tony though"

Paulie: "No it did not. They had a little sit down to work out their differences in this very basement. From what I hear they had one of their men tail him and two of his soldiers after the meet. They followed him to his fuel depot uptown and wiped out his whole f*cking crew. Sons of bitches used a f*cking car bomb.. can you believe that.. I mean I know there aint no honor among thieves but whatever happened to getting up close and personal"

Carlo: "I heard their leader got a taste of his own medicine. Whacked out by a sniper in a gas station in Alderney.. if you believe what you read in the papers"

Paulie: "How's that for f*ckin irony.. he got exactly what he deserved. Black shoulda never worked with them though.. I told him it was a bad idea.. I guess I shoulda known this thing with the Russians would turn out the same. But I aint gonna let it.. if there's any piece of this deal that we can salvaged I'm gonna be the man to do it. And you're gonna help me"

Carlo will remain unconvinced

"Listen Paulie, I appreciate you cutting me in but I gotta speak my mind on this. Your diplomatic stance is somewhat admirable but wouldn't it be just as rewarding to take them all out of the picture. For Tony if nothing else"

Paulie: "They're gonna make me the underboss. You know what that means? Any more sh*t goes down like what happened in Bohan and it's me who takes the hit. I'd rather stay out of jail and prosper than go away for life on a RICO charge for some petty bullsh*t"

Carlo: "And what about Charlie shouldn't you try and get some vengeance for your predecessor"

Paulie: "Listen kid this aint just black and white.. I know you've got your button but you've still got a lot to learn. I know it might have seemed on the surface that me and Charlie were friends but the truth is I never trusted him. You know he wanted to have you whacked the first time we met. He planned to have Tony follow you and put a bullet in your head as soon as he got the chance. There's a reason you went into that pig farm first. If the job didn't work out we could cut our losses and leave you rot in a cell with our buddy Maximov. Plus I got my suspicions he was talking to the feds"

"And why should I believe a word out of your mouth?"

Carlo will say, his outburst revealing his inner hurt and betrayal

Paulie: "Cause trust is all we've got right now.. If you're wearing a wire I just gave you enough information to bury me and my whole family. This aint personal it's f*cking business so how about we go and make some money eh?"

Carlo will think for a moment and swallow his pride

"Ok, let's go do this sh*t"

With that the two men will exit the basement and head for Paulie's car. On the way there they will discuss the meeting and the history between Gianco and Maximov.

Spoiler

After a few minutes of driving you should arrive at the docks in East Hook at which point Carlo and Paulie will exit the car and enter the seemingly abandoned warehouse (which people will know from the mission Russian Revolution in GTA IV). Carlo will look around observing the many rooms and catwalks which make the meeting place ideal for an ambush and he will be filled with a sense of uneasiness. As the two men walk further into the structure they will notice Andriy and the infamous Dimitri Rascalov standing by a metal column speaking inaudibly in Russian, quietening down to an unsettling silence as they approach.

Dimitri: "Good afternoon. I'm glad you could make it"

Andriy will remain silent as if to be submissively pandering to a prior request by Dimitri

Carlo: "Aint you got anything to say for yourself you f*ck?"

Andriy will attempt to speak but will be silenced by Dimitri. Paulie will also exert a similar authority over Carlo indicating that this is more of a conversation for the big boys.

Dimitri: "Let's not let this turn into a war of words gentlemen. I was lead to believe we could settle this amicably"

Paulie: "And that we will"

As he says this he will hold Carlo back, preventing him from puncing Andriy in the face. Andriy will mutter a Russian obscenity in response and spit on the floor

Carlo: "You got something to say tough guy? Ugh I swear to god Paulie just give me the word. Nothing would please me more than to put a bullet in this guy's skull"

Paulie will once again put a restraining hand on Carlo's chest but just as he does this Dimitri will pull a pistol from his coat and in an unexpected move he will put it to Andriy's head

"Please, allow me"

With that he will shoot the clueless Maximov as Carlo and Paulie look on dumbfounded

Paulie: "You didn't need to do that.. we woulda saved you the trouble"

Carlo: "Yeah it would've been our pleasure to torture that f*ck"

Dimitri: "This business is all about honor and loyalty and our friend here had neither. I told him come to this meeting and conduct yourself in the proper manner but no he couldn't even do that. He hadn't even got the balls to take his arrest like a man. He had to go and get my name splashed all over the papers. As if I haven't been getting enough bad press lately. Attacking the motorcade of the former secretary of security enforcement in broad daylight on a busy street I mean who does that? It's bad for business"

Paulie will interject countering Dimitri's rambling monologue about his personal issues with Maximov and directing them back to his own

"Listen you do what you gotta do but there's still the case of that money he stole.. not that he can pay it back now"

Dimitri: "Don't worry I've got your money right here"

"Sergei!"

He will call out to his towering bodyguard who will emerge from the shadows carrying a bag of cash. He will take it from his shoulder and place it on the ground for Carlo to collect. Paulie will give him a reassuring nudge and he will pick it up.

"It's still got Tony's blood on it"

Dimitri: "I think you'll find it's all there"

Paulie: "Stained notes are better than none I guess. But that's not all"

Dimitri: "Ah yes, you're looking for more coke"

Paulie: "That would be nice"

Dimitri: "It will take me a few days to bring some more in but it just so happens I know where you can get some today"

Paulie: "You mean we gotta steal it?"

Dimitri: "Nothing in this world is free my friends"

Paulie: "I think it's the least you can do under these circumstances"

Dimitri: "I think you'll find my offer is more than generous.. less not sour our relationship"

Paulie: "Are you f*cking treatening me?"

Dimitri: "I wouldn't dream of it. So should I tell you where to get it or would you like to wait?"

Paulie: "Well that depends.. what's the risk"

Dimitri: "Minimal. I have a business associate named Kenny Petrovic.."

Paulie: "Petrovic huh? He's not the type of guy you wanna mess with"

Dimitri: "Yes, he makes my old boss look like saint Peter but he's got his head so far up his own ass he'd never expect somebody to try to steal from him"

Paulie: "So much for honor.. this guy's a friend of yours and you're gonna steal his sh*t? That doesn't sound very honorable to me"

Dimitri: "I never said we were friends.. I said we were business associates. And on this particular occassion his business goes against mine. Turns out we weren't the only ones Andriy was importing drugs for. Plus I'm tired of him treating me like a little bitch.. it's about time he was taken down a peg or two"

Paulie: "How much weight are we talkin' here?"

Dimitri: "About 100 kilos. Don't feel bad though he's so rich he'll hardly know it was gone"

Paulie: "A hundred keys.. that's gotta be worth at least a couple of mill on the street.. even before we step all over it. So where can we find this little payload then huh?"

Dimitri: "He's holding it in a mail depot in Bohan Industrial and is due to start loading it into a truck any minute now. As I said the last thing he'll be expecting is a stickup so security should be light"

Paulie: "Like taking nose candy from a Bolshevik baby. Think you can handle this one Carlo?"

Carlo: "Yeah but why should I?"

Paulie: (turning to Dimitri) "Can you eh give us a minute here"

Dimitri: "Be my guests"

Paulie: "What the f*ck are you doing to me here.. we stand to make a lot of money on this deal"

Carlo: "And I probably wont see any of it. If I'm gonna do this I want to be compensated for the risk.. and not just on this.. for everything I've done for you so far. I want a hundred thousand up front"

Paulie: "You drive a hard bargain but you got it. Although I don't have that kind of money on me right now. I'll have one of my guys bring it over and have it counted and ready for you when it's done"

Carlo: "Ok then"

Paulie: "Are we good?"

Carlo will nod

Paulie: "Beautiful"

Dimitri: "So do we have a deal?"

Paulie: "Yeah I'm gonna have my boy Carlo here take the truck and we'll bring it to the Alderney Fruit market.. out of harms way. Then I'll have some of my crew pack it into the frames of some vans for easy distribution."

Dimitri: "If you're in need of some extra protection I could give you some men to watch over it until it can be moved somewhere else.. the last thing we need is another mess"

Paulie: "I agree. But do me favour and send some better shooters than those mooks you sent to the boathouse"

"Those were Andriy's guys" Dimitri will scoff "If you'd like I can also send Sergei with you to pick up the merchandise"

You will now be given the option to accept or decline the offer via an on screen prompt.

Accept – "Sure I could do with some extra help I guess"

Decline – "I'd rather work alone.. plus I don't exactly trust you guys"

No matter which option you chose Dimitri will reply "very well. I'll wait for your call"

Paulie: "Let me take this cash. And Carlo, I'll have somebody meet you with your share at the market"

You will now spawn outside the warehouse (with or without Sergei) and Paulie will pull out from the docks to the right leaving you to find your own transport. Luckily enough though there will be a mechanic working under the hood of a Banshee outside a garage just down the street who will proclaim that he's "just about got it working". Once you have secured a vehicle you will be instructed to make your way to the Alpha Mail depot in Industrial, Bohan where the drugs are being loaded into a Steed by Petrovic's men.

Should you bring Sergei along he will speak about his struggles working for a guy named Mikhail and now for Dimitri (who in his opinion isn't much better than the former). He will state that he has grown tired of being an errand boy and a hitman and wishes to do something better with his life. Carlo will assure him that once the job is over he can be a ballerina for all he cares – demonstrating a total lack of concern for him or his aspirations.

Once you arrive at the depot you will have two options. You can go in quietly and take the truck before the Russians even realise what's going on or you can go in all guns blazing and take it by force. The latter option will prevent the Russians from chasing you (at which point you will need to shake them off) but the former will be much less risky. Should you bring Sergei along however he will make that choice for you, opening fire on the Russians as soon as he gets out of the car. In this case there will also be an extra wave of Russians to contend with in order to even out the extra shooter you have in tow. Regardless of which method you choose you will be required to bring the truck to the Alderney Fruit Market in order to complete the task.

When you get there you will be met by one of Paulie's henchmen who will give you bag of cash and send you on your way saying that he (and possibly Sergei) will wait there for Dimitri's men.

Mission Complete. You are now $100,000 richer :)

A short time later you will recieve a call from Paulie which goes as follows:

Spoiler

You can now make use of Tony's townhouse in the North Beach section of Richmond Island. The house will will of similar size to Brian Jeremy's house but will be in a much better state of repair.

Upon accessing the house for the first time you will be treated to a special cutscene.

• ClaudX likes this

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

If you can't tell when I'm sarcastic, then shame on you

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:12 PM Edited by ssbawesome, 09 April 2015 - 06:13 PM.

Excellent mission. I very much enjoyed the dialogue. You can really feel the anger in Carlo's words.

Paulie will once again put a restraining hand on Carlo's chest but just as he does this Dimitri will pull a pistol from his coat and in an unexpected move he will put it to Andriy's head

I have to tell you, I wasn't really expecting that. I was thinking that eventually Carlo was going to put a bullet in the prick. Very nice turn of events.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:56 AM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 20 April 2015 - 01:58 PM.

Excellent mission. I very much enjoyed the dialogue. You can really feel the anger in Carlo's words.

I have to tell you, I wasn't really expecting that. I was thinking that eventually Carlo was going to put a bullet in the prick. Very nice turn of events.

I was going to hold off and wait to see did anyone pick up on this but Dimitri shooting Andriy was supposed to draw a parrallel to not only Andriy shooting Tony in a similar fashion but also Mikhail Faustin shooting Andrei in Crime and Punishment the idea being that the pressures of being the top dog have turned Dimitri into a volatile character comparable to his former boss. The current chapter plays a lot on the readers memory and there is quite a bit of foreshadowing and deeper meaning in it. At this point in the story Carlo has pretty much had enough of being a mindless errand boy.. this is the same situation with Sergei only he doesn't realise it when it's put to him. Sergei obviously stays as Dimitri's goon and we all know how that ends. Carlo should probably also be making moves to get out of the life now but he can't because he's bound to the mafia by blood. This is another theme that's touched upon through his conversation with Paulie who also mentions the two most common ends for a gangster - incarceration or death. There is another option open to Carlo which could see him making it out alive which I will touch upon shortly but you will just have to wait and see how it ends :ph34r:

• ClaudX likes this

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:30 PM

Dimitri icing Andriy tied in nicely with his treacherous personality we've grown to loathe, also props for tying up with Liquidize the Assets too.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:45 PM

Dimitri icing Andriy tied in nicely with his treacherous personality we've grown to loathe, also props for tying up with Liquidize the Assets too.

I tried to include some little nuances of Dimitri's personality.. he doesn't really have any in his speech so it's good to see his personality came through in his actions. The final part of the chapter will also be tied to Liquidize the Assets and will also feature an appearence from Jon Gravelli. Hopefully that gives people something to look forward to :)

• TheUnholy likes this

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Crap Fly

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:35 PM Edited by TheUnholy, 12 April 2015 - 06:37 PM.

Wow, pretty enjoyable reading right here. First off, I liked the way how you reflected Dimitri, I always believed the sense of opportunity and power was what spoiled Dimitri... I believe he was actually a good guy. I wouldn't expect Dimitri to shoot Andriy cold-bloodedly but it makes sense when thinking that Dimitri is a treacherous brat and Maximov was a chance not to be taken, judging on his relied-back personality (Dimitri would find a way to get fresh coke up from Vice anyway, IMO)... and ain't karma a b*tch... ya' know what I mean. :D Well, Dimitri draws some certain parallels to Faustin in some ways, and he's shrewd enough to dig Petrovic a hole while he's at it... that part got me.

I liked the enormously homage paid to From Russia Without Mercy, good thing to still see old faces like Sergei here.

Oh yeah, and I was expecting all these events getting tied to Liquidize The Assets... you're the man to do the justice right now, MOB. :D

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:00 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 17 April 2015 - 04:58 PM.

Wow, pretty enjoyable reading right here. First off, I liked the way how you reflected Dimitri, I always believed the sense of opportunity and power was what spoiled Dimitri... I believe he was actually a good guy. I wouldn't expect Dimitri to shoot Andriy cold-bloodedly but it makes sense when thinking that Dimitri is a treacherous brat and Maximov was a chance not to be taken, judging on his relied-back personality (Dimitri would find a way to get fresh coke up from Vice anyway, IMO)... and ain't karma a b*tch... ya' know what I mean. :D Well, Dimitri draws some certain parallels to Faustin in some ways, and he's shrewd enough to dig Petrovic a hole while he's at it... that part got me.

I liked the enormously homage paid to From Russia Without Mercy, good thing to still see old faces like Sergei here.

Oh yeah, and I was expecting all these events getting tied to Liquidize The Assets... you're the man to do the justice right now, MOB. :D

Thanks for the feedback man. I actually think it was you who suggested involving Petrovic in some way. Maximov is somewhat independant so the idea is that he was maximising his profits by importing coke for Petrovic aswell as Dimitri with little regard for the competition it would create between the two Russian gangs in the Liberty City drug market. Rascalov's organisation (like Faustin's before it) is subordinate to that of Petrovic, who are the biggest Russian Mafia organisation in America. Dimitri has designs on a higher position though. He's starting to find out though that the bigger you get the more attention you will recieve from law enforcement and given that Dimitri is Russian he's considered a threat to American security and has also garnered himself the attention of the IAA. Despite this he's turned into somewhat of a megalomaniac who later double crosses the Pegorino's and their buyers (who I intend to be the Ancelottis) possibly killing Pegorino and wiping out a whole Ancelotti crew in the process. I think if Niko hadn't killed him it would never have ended well for him anyway. Ray Bulgarin has no real loyalty to him (as evident by the fact that he steals his heroin after his death) and he has now effectively burned his bridges with his only other ally Kenny Petrovic.

EDIT: I've added a post-mission phonecall to the previous mission which leads into a cutscene which you can read below.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:54 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 25 May 2015 - 07:18 PM.

"Welcome to the Neighborhood"

Carlo will walk up to the house and retrieve the keys from the mailbox. Just then he will hear the voice of a man coming from behind him.

"Hey there buddy, you just move in?"

Carlo will turn around expecting to be met by a nosey neighbour but instead find a man in a suit standing on the sidewalk.

"Yeah as a matter of fact I did"

"You always leave your keys in the mailbox?" a second man will now enter the frame dressed in a similar fashion to the first

"I mean it's kind of funny isn't it. I know this is a nice area and all but leaving your keys in the mailbox.. seems kinda dumb"

Carlo: "Well it beats losing 'em. And this is a nice area like you said"

"You know what else I think is kind of funny. The fact that you're moving in to house where the former occupant just died, or should I say was murdered, a matter of days ago"

Carlo: "Well it aint really that strange I mean people move into dead people's houses all the time"

At this point the first man will interject

"Maybe not on it's own but when you consider that you have no discernible source of income and that both you and the former owner are affiliated with two of Liberty City's major crime families it all get's a little more intriguing"

"Very intriguing indeed" the second man will say in agreement

"What the f*ck are you the IRS?.. get the f*ck outta here" Carlo will say, having had about enough of their interrogation

"Oh I'm sorry we forgot to introduce ourselves. I'm Special Agent Russo and this is Agent DeSoto, we're with the FIB"

Both men will then take out their badges showing them to Carlo for authentification

Carlo: "I'm afraid you're barking up the wrong tree fellas cause I aint got a clue what you're talking about"

He will then begin to walk up the garden path. The agents will stay standing on the sidewalk as if to follow procedure. Agent Russo will then begin to call after him

"Oh really? Mind if we step inside so we can discuss it a little further? Either that or we can stick you in the car and bring you down town. From what I hear this is a pretty mobbed up area.. I wonder how the other residents would react to seeing their new neighbour being bundled into a sedan with two men in dark coats.. that's if they haven't seen us talking already"

"Then your keys won't be the only thing they're gonna find in that mailbox" DeSoto will say, attempting to manipulate Carlo into complying.

"Ok I guess we can talk but I don't know anything so it's gonna be a pretty short conversation"

The agents words will have their desired effect. After a moments thought Carlo will agree to bring them inside.

Carlo will walk into the hallway with the two men behind him before stopping, showing a sense of unfamiliarity he will scan his surroundings before picking out the sitting room on his left. He will point to it and proceed inside through an open arch from the hallway and direct the men towards the couch. He will then take a seat in an armchair opposite them and assume a relaxed pose.

"So.. what do you wanna talk about?"

"Let's start with this"

Russo will place a picture on the coffee table showing Carlo and Peter Gravelli talking outside Alazone's.

DeSoto: "Start talkin'"

Carlo: "It's two men having a conversation, so what?"

Russo: "It's you and a captain in the Gambetti crime family speaking outside a known mob hangout a matter of days before another captian in a rival family was assasinated in Algonquin. Outside the same location believed to be owned by yet another captain in your own family who just so happened to have also been assasinated just days prior to that"

DeSoto: "Sounds to me like you're cleaning house"

Russo: "Sounds to me like a good old fashioned mob war"

Carlo will try to hide his amazement at how much the agents know while simultaneously trying to come up with a response

"Me and Petey go way back.. whatever happened before or after that picture was taken aint got nothing to do with me"

His choice of response will be predictable but sufficient

Russo: "Fortunately for you a jury will probably see it the same way. Unfortunately for you we've got witnesses who can link you to countless other crimes including drug dealing, murder, labour racketeering and extortion.. just a few in a long list of things we can pin on you.. unless you agree to co-operate"

Carlo: "Wow you must have knocked on a lot of doors to gather that information. I'm afraid you have the wrong guy though.. I'm a professional gambler with some questionable friends. A little suspect perhaps but if you wanna lock me up for that then you need to go to your bosses and get a change in the constitution"

At this point DeSoto will become slightly enraged and he will sit forward in his seat and begin to yell at him.

"You aint Steven Jabowitz and we aint the IAA. We're offering you a way out. All you gotta do is roll on some people who would kill you in a second. If I had my way you'd get the f*cking chair!"

Carlo: "Hey paisan, put a leash on your boy"

Russo: "Maybe my partner could have phrased himself a little better but what he said was correct. And don't get the wrong idea.. I'm not your "paisan" I may be Italian but that's where the similarities end. I hate people like you. You give hard working italian americans like me a bad name. Nothing would please me more than to see each and every one of you wiped from the face of the earth.. or at the very least die a miserable and lonely death in a maximum security prison. Unfortunately the type of laws that protect professional gamblers are the same ones that protect professional drug dealers and killers. You don't have to co-operate but there's only two other ways this can end for you. Dead or in jail, and to be honest with you I'd prefer the former. If I could sit back and watch you animals kill each other that would make my job a hell of a lot easier"

At this point the two agents will appear to switch roles and a much calmer DeSoto will take the softly approach

"Have a think about it. We'll be in touch"

The two agents will get up from the couch and begin to leave leaving a contemplative Carlo frozen to his seat. The agents will proceed to let themselves out but just before leaving Russo will urge Carlo "think about what I said". The scene will then fade to black with Carlo sitting in the living room with his head in his hands. After this you will respawn in the bedroom with several hours having passed.

(Click here for Chapter 16 - Part 3)

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:16 PM

The f*cking suspense! Nailed it mate, is it wrong that I'm kinda hoping Carlo takes the agents up on their offer? Flip the whole idea of a badass protagonist on its head.

• Money Over Bullshit likes this

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:07 PM

The f*cking suspense! Nailed it mate, is it wrong that I'm kinda hoping Carlo takes the agents up on their offer? Flip the whole idea of a badass protagonist on its head.

No man it isn't wrong at all, in fact I was hoping that the readers would be divided in thinking about what he should do, reflecting the inner conflict experienced by Carlo himself.

EM_JAY_86
  • EM_JAY_86

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:34 PM

Finally got around to reading through the last couple of missions, really enjoyed them. I like how you had Dimitri kill Maximov. It showed a great contrast between Dimitri and Faustin, and showed the added pressure on Rascolov, as well as a shorter fuse, now that he's moved up a rung on the criminal ladder. A real "Heavy lies the crown" type of character progression. I also think it was a great idea to have Maximov responsible for attacking the motorcade since Dimitri usually operates slyly rather than in such a high profile manner.

Enjoyed the last cutscene as well. As you know, I started reading 'Family Ties' late on, but I still really feel the weight of the decision ahead of Carlo, and I'm looking forward to seeing which way you go with it. Would feel strange to have the protagonist turn snitch, but Carlo could find himself facing jail time if he doesn't cooperate. Maybe he agrees to talk, but provides bad information to somehow turn the situation to his advantage. A lot of ways you can go with this, and I'll be looking forward to the next mission. Great work!!

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:05 PM

Finally got around to reading through the last couple of missions, really enjoyed them. I like how you had Dimitri kill Maximov. It showed a great contrast between Dimitri and Faustin, and showed the added pressure on Rascolov, as well as a shorter fuse, now that he's moved up a rung on the criminal ladder. A real "Heavy lies the crown" type of character progression. I also think it was a great idea to have Maximov responsible for attacking the motorcade since Dimitri usually operates slyly rather than in such a high profile manner.

Enjoyed the last cutscene as well. As you know, I started reading 'Family Ties' late on, but I still really feel the weight of the decision ahead of Carlo, and I'm looking forward to seeing which way you go with it. Would feel strange to have the protagonist turn snitch, but Carlo could find himself facing jail time if he doesn't cooperate. Maybe he agrees to talk, but provides bad information to somehow turn the situation to his advantage. A lot of ways you can go with this, and I'll be looking forward to the next mission. Great work!!

Thanks a lot for your feedback man. Very observant on your part as that whole "heavy lies the crown" vibe was what I was going for. There's also a contrast there between Dimitri and Paulie. Paulie has just been made underboss which is effectively the position Dimitri held prior to the Master and the Molotov. With great power comes great responsibility though and it remains to be seen whether or not Paulie will make a grab for the number one spot or play it safe in order to avoid the added pressure and scrutiny that being the boss can bring. Its also interesting that you took the line about the motorcade to mean that it was Maximov who was behind it since others would probably just assume it was Dimitri. I'd prefer to leave it ambiguous though since there is just as much to be gained by him in terms of development either way.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:13 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 26 May 2015 - 11:44 AM.

Chapter 16

Part 3 – "You Deal and You Die"

Immediately after the previous cutscene Carlo will receive a phonecall from Roy Zito.

Carlo: "Hello"

Roy: "The Don wants to see us. Come meet me at the Schottler Medical Centre right away"

Before Carlo even has a chance to respond Zito will be gone and you will be given an on screen prompt to "Go meet Roy at the Schottler Medical Centre"

The journey to the hospital will be quite a long one but you can make it easier by travelling to the ferry terminal on Richmond Island and taking the ladder to the roof where you will find a parked helicopter. Once you reach your destination walk inside to find Zito waiting for you in the lobby.

He will be seated on a bench just to the left of the door and will stand up and approach Carlo as soon as he enters.

Roy: "Thank god you're here.. this is bad. The Don knows about the little side venture we've got going on with the Ancelottis"

Carlo: "Damn that is bad.. is he pissed?"

Roy: "I don't know I haven't been in there yet. I've been here waiting for you. But if there's one thing Gravelli hates it's people dealing drugs. If we don't play this the right way we're gonna have our heads on the chopping block for sure"

Carlo: "Ok so what way do you want to play it?"

Roy: "We gotta just deny it and hope he believes us"

Carlo: "Believe me I'm hoping.. I happen to like my head"

Roy: "Me too. Well no time like the present, let's go"

The two men will begin walking towards the ICU. As they are walking through the hallway Zito will tell Carlo to let him do the talking since he and Gravelli have a bond. Carlo will agree, not wanting to be the sealer of his own fate in this situation.

They will continue to walk further and as they draw closer to Gravelli's room they will pass a suited man with grey hair and glasses in the hallway. Their eyes will meet and he will give them a seemingly courteous "hi fellas" which will put Carlo on edge. "Who was that?" he will ask. "I don't know, some government type" Zito will say before adding "relax, the Don has some powerful friends".

They will now pass into the room by Vinny who as ever will be standing watch. Zito will greet him before approaching the bed ridden Gravelli leaving Carlo standing by the door. He will give Vinny a nod of curtousy and Vinny will return the favour.

Zito will go to Gravelli's bed side and give him a respectful kiss on the cheek "How're you doin Jon?" he will ask, trying to sound as genuinely concerned as possible. Gravelli will be in no mood to be civil though "I'm pissing in a bag. How do you think I'm doing!?"

Roy: "Well you look good. Matter of fact you're looking better every day"

Gravelli will wave his hand as if to fan away the fumes from his bullsh*t

"This is Carlo Devino, the one I was was telling you about"

Carlo will step forward cautiously and make his way to the side of the bed before extending his hand towards Gravelli "Can I just say it's.." before being cut off by Gravelli "Save it kid. I didn't call you here to kiss my ass"

He will then turn to look towards Zito "What's this I hear about you two dealing drugs with the Ancelottis?"

Roy: "Vicious rumours Jon, nothing more"

Gravelli: "I should f*ckin hope so.. I've got a strict policy and I would hope my newly elected heir would respect that.. if he ever wants to sit on the throne that is. I've got connections from here to the white house but there are certain things they just don't tolerate. That's why I've got these rules.. you deal and you die! (cough cough) And that goes for everybody!!

Gravelli will twirl his finger directing his words at all present as he takes a deep breath from his oxygen mask

"It don't matter how much money they bring they aint nothing but trouble. Turned my little boy into a zombie. Can you believe that, my own son a f*ckin junkie (cough cough) madonna mia what did I ever do to deserve this!?" (harsh coughing)

Roy: "Nothing Jon, you did everything you could for him"

Gravelli: "He's locked up now... Best place for him.. I hope he f*cking stays there. Might teach the little prick some sense. His mother used to worry so much about him.. so much it f*cking killed her! Little bastard killed his own mother!!"

Gravelli will shake with anger, knocking the mask off of his chest and down by his bedside. He will get himself so worked up that he will begin coughing even more violently and gasping for air. Zito will pick up the oxygen mask, put it to his face and begin to rub his head to calm him down. Gravelli will take a few deep breaths from it and then push him away.

"You go to prison for drugs and you aint never coming out. Unless you become a rat. Aint nobody in this family gonna become a rat though.. not while I still have air in my (cough cough) body.

At this point Vinnie will chime in as Gravelli continues to cough violently "Those damn Ancelottis should know better too. You was right to send that polack to destroy their merchandise"

Gravelli will begin to puff on some oxygen giving Zito a chance to speak

"They need to learn Jon. I hope they get the f*ckin message now not to mess with that sh*t"

He will then begin to walk back towards Gravelli presumably getting in close so he can feed him a line of bullsh*t to negate his involvement in their dirty dealings. Gravelli will put his hand up however, stopping him in his tracks. He will then pull the mask away and beckon Carlo over to the side of his bed. He pull him in close by his shirt, let out a puff of air and tell him "I want you to look into my eyes and tell me you aint involved in that sh*t"

Carlo: "I swear Mr. Gravelli I aint.. you've got my word on that"

Gravelli will stare deep into Carlo's eyes for a moment before speaking

"You know what.. I believe you. This guy is so good at f*cking lying.. he could tell me anything and I'd believe him but you.. you've got honesty in your heart. Just don't get too f*cking honest or I'll have Vinnie push me out of here in a wheelchair and I'll whack you myself"

Carlo: "I promise you I won't ever do anything to hurt you or this family"

Gravelli: "You better not. Now go. Both of you. And Vinnie go get me a f*cking nurse.. I gotta take a piss and I need somebody to empty this f*ckin bag"

The scene will fade out and Carlo and Roy will emerge outside the hospital where there will be a car ready and waiting for him.

Zito: "I think I could do with something stiff after that one"

Carlo: "Yeah tell me about it"

Zito: "You and that honest heart"

Carlo: "I think it's beating about 100 miles a minute"

Zito: "Mine too.. I think that was little close for comfort... this little partnership with the Ancelottis it's gotta end today. It's all well and good making a little money outside the family but you've got to remember where your loyalties lie. We'll continue on with the construction deal in Port Haven but no more dealing.. we need to just cut our losses and concede the ten percent. A few months from now maybe we can renegotiate"

Carlo: "You aint gonna hear any complaints from me"

Zito: "I should hope not. And don't worry about our friends.. I'll give 'em a call and let 'em down easy"

Carlo: "Sure thing Roy"

Zito will begin walking towards his car with Carlo walking off in the other direction

Zito: "And one more thing"

Carlo: "Yeah?"

Zito will begin walking back towards Carlo

"I can't be a hundred percent certain but I think we've a rat in our camp"

"Oh Yeah?" Carlo will say trying desperately to shield the onset of panic

Zito: "Yeah but don't worry, I've got eyes and ears everywhere.. if my suspicions are correct I should be able to weed them out soon enough"

"Well here's hoping" Carlo will say, nervously rubbing the back of his head

Zito: "If and when I do you should be expecting a call. So don't go leaving the country or nothing"

Carlo: "Haha I won't"

Zito will open the door of his car and get inside

"I'll speak to you later pal"

Before Carlo even has a chance to digest what just happened his phone will ring again. As he takes it from his pocket the onscreen graphic will show that the call is coming from Paulie. You will have no choice but to answer it.

Paulie: "Carlo we've got a big f*cking problem"

Carlo: "Why what's happened"

Paulie: "Somebody destroyed our f*cking vans"

Carlo: "Vans? What vans"

Paulie: "The vans.. the f*cking vans with the stuff!"

Paulie will speak at a low volume through his teeth so as not to give the game away to anybody who may be listening

Carlo: "sh*t that's bad. Have you any idea who may have done that?"

Paulie: "I've got a couple of witnesses who say it was some kind of eastern european"

Carlo: "Wait, do you think it was the Russians?"

Paulie: "Nah there's no way they would have had somebody murder their own men and destroy all that product. I'm thinking it was them f*ckin' Albanians.. I knew we should've wiped them out when they snuffed Frankie and Tony ugh!! Whoever it was though he must have been a f*ckin' machine.. them Russians were tooled up to the teeth"

Carlo: "Or maybe Dimitri just gave you all his worst soldiers"

Paulie: "Nah these Soviet types are a different f*cking breed. They Probably imported some heavy hitter from Yugoslavia and had him go to work"

Carlo: "So what are you gonna do now? About the coke I mean"

Paulie: "Nothing we can do.. that's just the cost of doing business I guess. As far as the Albanians though I'm gonna do what I should have done a long time ago. We're gonna wipe those f*ckers out. And you're gonna help me"

Carlo: "I've got my own family now and we've got our own stuff to be worrying about. Hows it gonna look if I go fighting your battles with the Albanians"

Paulie: "Come on son, we're a unit remember. I really need you on this. I'll even give you some of my best guys to go along with you"

Carlo: "I don't know man"

Paulie: "What do you mean you don't know.. haven't I been good to you?"

Carlo: "No Paulie you have but this is about more than money or gifts. I mean sure I love the money but I just think it looks a little bad if I'm putting in all this work on your side and nothing on my own. Gravelli finds out I've been helping you push drugs I'm a dead man. It's all well and good making money but I gotta be able to show where it came from"

Paulie: "He's the boss of a family.. he aint the f*cking IRS. We both know his days are numbered, although you might not want to admit it. We've gotta start building for the future. I'm the number two now and for all intents and purposes Zito's your number one. Just think of how strong we could be if we work together. I mean god forbid Old man Ancelotti should have to go away but if he does at least we know we've got something sustainable. All those years of tension dissolved on a handshake.. you don't wanna be the one to stand in the way of that do you Carlo?"

Carlo will think for a moment before speaking

"Damn you must really want these guys dead.. ok I'll do it but this is the last time I'm gonna go to bat for you. Any reparations from here on out can be done between you and Roy"

Paulie: "Okay great. I'll have my guys meet with you in Bohan Industrial. Their last remaining crew are holed up in a warehouse.. dirty rats are probably celebrating after their little fireworks show"

Carlo: "I guess it's time to send in the exterminators. I'll call you when it's done"

Carlo will hang up the phone and you will be directed onscreen to make your way to Bohan Industrial to meet up with two of Paulie's men. When you get there you will be instructed to approach them on foot at which point a brief conversation will ensue.

"Are you two Paulie's guys?"

"Yeah and you must be Carlo"

"That's right"

You will now be instructed to walk towards the warehouse which will be about another block away. As you walk the conversation will continue

"Alright listen, when we get inside you play it safe, Paulie said we need to protect you"

"I'm here to do some work, with or without you guys. When we get in there you two just look after yourself. If I don't make it I'm sure Paulie will understand. That's goes for you too"

"I can see why Paulie likes you"

"Yeah cause I'm dumb enough to do his dirty work"

"We're right there with you buddy"

By this point you should have made it to the warehouse. As soon as you enter the Albanians will be alerted to your presence and Carlo and his two accomplices will run for cover at which point the mission will be truly underway. The interior of the warehouse will be split into several different rooms spread out over three floors and the Albanians will be coming hard and fast so it will be essential to make good use of the ample cover. Your two buddies will be armed only with pistols but they will pop in and out of cover effectively and will shoot at the Albanians quite effectively which will not only take the enemies focus away from you but will lure them out into the open making them easy targets. The Albanians will be armed with SMGs and AK47s so going at them head on will likely get you killed however if you take your time and make good use of cover you should be able to clear out the warehouse with relative ease. Once all of the Albanians are dead you will be instructed to leave the warehouse at which point you will be made aware that you have gained a three star wanted level. Once you have lost it your task will be complete. Carlo will pull over and let Paulie's men out of the car and then make a phone call to Paulie himself.

Carlo: "Mr. Gianco, this is the exterminator. I've taken care of your pest control issue"

Paulie: "Many thanks. I'll be sure to tell our friends about you"

He will then hang up the phone and your mission will be complete but he will call you back a while later. That phonecall will go as follows:

Spoiler

• Claude4Catalina, ClaudX, EM_JAY_86 and 1 other like this

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 3 days ago.

Chapter 17 – A Season Of Change

Part 1 – "Lord High Executioner"

Carlo will recieve a text from Peter Gravelli saying

"The big man wants you to meet us at Alazones. Come Alone."

Responding to the text Carlo will make his way over to Alazone's and go inside. He will re-emerge in the back room area where he will be drawn towards some muffled screaming coming from the industrial freezer in the back.

He will enter to find Roy Zito, Peter Gravelli and the Don's bodyguard Vinny standing around a bloody and beaten Dino who will be strung up by a meat hook in the middle of the room.

Peter who will have just finished beating him will turn towards Carlo as soon as he enters

"Looks like our special guest has arrived"

Dino will lift his battered head and begin to laugh "There he is. Lord High Executioner. The stone cold f*cking killer here to do all your dirty work. Come on then put me out of my f*cking misery"

He will shiver as he speaks and his cold breath will be visible signifying the freezing temperatures of the current environment

Carlo: "What are you talking about, what is this about?"

Roy: "Your little buddy here has been talking to the feds"

Carlo will look at his former friend in concerned disbelief

"Dino is this true?"

Dino: "Yeah that's right I'm a f*cking rat! I guess there aint no sense in hiding it"

Zito will role up his shirt sleeves and cease from pacing around the freezer in order to break his silence, grabbing Dino forcefully by the face

"Well you could have lied to us.. a little longer"

Dino will spit blood and begin to speak

"And what good would that have done. Would it mean you wouldn't kill me after you were done torturing me?"

Peter: "He didn't give up easy I'll give him that"

Dino's bloodied and lacerated body will give credence to his words

Upon hearing of this betrayal Carlo will charge towards Dino and rip open his already half opened shirt, looking for a wire

Roy: "Don't worry we already searched him.. right down to his underwear"

Peter: "He's lucky we didn't cut his f*cking prick off while we were at it"

Dino will swing his body slightly towards Roy Zito

"I'm lucky this fag didn't try and f*ck me"

Dino's mouth will drip with blood as he speaks, capping off his comment with a crimson grin

Zito will charge towards him once again

"What the f*ck did you just say!?"

Peter: "That's it Vinny cut it off"

Vinny: "My pleasure"

Vinny will advance towards Dino, cleaver in hand and press it to his undercarriage. Carlo will however step in and stop him

"No. I wanna see what he has to say for himself"

Vinny will look a little disappointed

Peter: "No need to prolong the inevitable"

Carlo: "I just wanna hear why he did it. He betrayed his own brothers and for what? A reduced sentence? You make me f*cking sick"

Dino will scoff "There aint no honor here.. and these so called brothers would've done the same to me given half the chance. Even you.. you're just as much a coward as the rest of us"

Peter: "He got pinched for running a stolen car ring and couldn't even face a nickle. They said they'd let him off if he rolled on us. And look at him now"

Carlo: "You're a piece of f*cking sh*t you know that"

Dino: "Well if it isn't mister f*cking integrity. I f*cked up man what can I say!? If you're gonna kill me just f*cking do it.. put me out of my misery"

Peter: "Either you take care of this or we will. But believe me we aint gonna make it quick"

You will now be given the choice to execute Dino or let him live and suffer more torture at the hands of the others before he finally meets his maker. You can choose to kill him in whatever way you want (within reason) or simply walk away. If you choose to kill him you can beat him, bludgeon him, shoot him or stab him to death. If you choose to walk away you will be treated to some sickening screams as the scene fades to black suggesting Vinny might have indeed went ahead with his earlier order. Either way once your choice has been made Carlo will leave the store and your task here will be complete.

A short time later you will receive two phonecalls – one from Dani Lupisella and one from Paulie Gianco. The contents of which are contained in the tags below.

Spoiler

(Click for Part 2)

• EM_JAY_86 and Ivan1997GTA like this

EM_JAY_86
  • EM_JAY_86

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Nice last couple missions mate. Enjoyed the interactions with Gravelli and the following attack on the Albanians had some great action. Nice little perk at the end there as well. The following mission had a great setting and really showed the brutal nature of Carlo's associates. I don't know Dino's character or his relationship to Carlo, but they obviously have history, and it makes the choice of killing him pretty poignant. I imagine Carlo would put one in his head to end it quick, but then maybe to show his anger at Dino in front of the others (and not to arouse suspicion given his own recent interaction with the law), a brutal but swift stabbing or beating could be more appropriate (but still better than letting Vinny cut him up piece by piece). I was also intrigued by the conversation with Paulie at the end. Got the feeling he may be looking to set up Carlo, and the comment "...I won't take it personally...", I took to mean, "...f*ck you! Now this is personal...". Glad Carlo turned him down though, he would have been pushing his look too far making deals with Rascolov again, and he's clearly too smart for that.

Great work as usual. Keep it up!  

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Nice last couple missions mate. Enjoyed the interactions with Gravelli and the following attack on the Albanians had some great action. Nice little perk at the end there as well. The following mission had a great setting and really showed the brutal nature of Carlo's associates. I don't know Dino's character or his relationship to Carlo, but they obviously have history, and it makes the choice of killing him pretty poignant. I imagine Carlo would put one in his head to end it quick, but then maybe to show his anger at Dino in front of the others (and not to arouse suspicion given his own recent interaction with the law), a brutal but swift stabbing or beating could be more appropriate (but still better than letting Vinny cut him up piece by piece). I was also intrigued by the conversation with Paulie at the end. Got the feeling he may be looking to set up Carlo, and the comment "...I won't take it personally...", I took to mean, "...f*ck you! Now this is personal...". Glad Carlo turned him down though, he would have been pushing his look too far making deals with Rascolov again, and he's clearly too smart for that.

Great work as usual. Keep it up!  

Thanks man, basically Dino and Carlo became acquainted when Carlo started working for the Gambettis in Chapter 12 (the idea is that Dino has been an associate in the family for a number of years) and shortly afterwards they develop a friendship (being able to hang out together and all that jazz). Carlo has recently found out however that he had been dating a girl he grew up with and has secretly loved for many years and there are also little hints I've been throwing in that she maybe loves him too. There are definitely several ways of approaching the situation.. Dino's a rat and therefore must be eliminated as per the rules which also dictate that the killing will probably be done by your closest friend. I wanted the choice to be wide open and let the player/reader decide how to dispose of him themselves. As Carlo you can also opt to not do the killing yourself whether this is because you want him to suffer or because you're simply not motivated to kill him yourself. As for the phonecall at the end well, I can say Paulie's intentions weren't to set Carlo up when he asked him to do the deal however as we know from the Deal ending of GTA IV there is a chance that he could have been killed by Dimitri as part of his betrayal (the idea being that The Ancelottis are the buyers first mentioned in "One Last Thing"). You have to wonder though whether he takes it as an insult that Carlo continues to accept his gifts while refusing to do any more work for him. His character and motivations are supposed to be somewhat of an enigma.. whether or not they will become clear in the end however remains to be seen ;)

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 3 days ago.

Chapter 17

Part 2 - "Strike While The Iron is Hot"

Carlo will receive a text message from Peter Gravelli asking him to come by Alazone's where he will be found by the side entrance on the sidewalk smoking a cigarette. Carlo will approach him, making sure to check his surroundings as he approaches.

Peter: "Hey Carlo good to see you again"

Peter's words will be welcoming but his body language will convey anxiety as he sucks on his cigarette and fidgets as he speaks. Carlo will pick up on this but decide not to comment.

Carlo: "You too man"

Peter: "So.. did you hear the news?"

Carlo: "No man what's up?"

Peter: "Well.. my uncle past away this morning"

Carlo: "I'm sorry to hear that"

Peter: "Yeah I'm sure a lot of people are but I guess now he can be at peace"

Carlo: "Yeah at least that's something"

Peter: "I hear the Russians have also suffered a loss in leadership.."

Carlo: "Oh?"

Peter: "Yeah, so Roy wants you to strike while the iron is hot and use the opportunity to take over some of their businesses"

Carlo: "Doesn't it kind of tie in with your dream of bringing the area back to its former glory too?"

Peter: "I gotta admit it is an idea I can get on board with"

Carlo: "I guess I can get on board with it too but I gotta ask.. if Roy wants me to do this.. why didn't he come to me himself"

Peter: "It aint anything personal but he's officially the boss now so he's gotta make use of the chain of command.. it isn't wise for him to be interacting directly with his soldiers.. especially given recent events"

Carlo: "But I just talked to him a few days ago.. I guess he's a changed man now huh?"

Peter: "I've known Zito a long time now and although I can't say he's still exactly the same as when I first met him he definitely hasn't let the power go to his head.. not yet at least. I gotta say though I don't envy his position"

Carlo: "So I guess I gotta run everything by you now?"

Peter: "Wasn't that always the case? I mean you aint been keeping secrets from me have you Carlo?"

Carlo: "No. I just mean do we have to act like we don't know each other or what?"

Peter: "It depends on who's asking but it aint like he's built a massive wall around him. You can drop by the club and see him anytime you want. He's there almost every day now"

Carlo: "Once I okay it with you though right?"

Peter: "Well that kind of goes without saying. What I mean is if you need to see him you know where to find him"

Carlo: "And the feds know exactly where to find him too right?"

Peter: "Funnily enough I said the same thing but there's one thing about Zito, he's always been a little headstrong so he tends not to listen when somebody's offering him advice. I guess he doesn't wanna be one of these guys who sits in their ivory tower and just gives out orders but he's got to insulate himself a bit at the same time. He's always been a street guy so I guess he doesn't wanna be too far from the action. At the end of the day though it doesn't matter what you or I think.. my uncle chose him and that's the end of it. Hopefully this little takeover bid is the start of things to come.. this life aint no fun when nobody's eating"

Carlo: "Amen to that"

Peter: "Anyway I've left a car for you around the corner with the targets in the glove box. Give me a call if you need a bit of extra muscle. And I'll call you when I find out about the funeral arrangements"

Carlo: "Sure thing man I'll talk to you later"

Peter: "Ok buddy take care"

Peter will toss his cigarette to the ground and stub it out before ducking back under a half opened shutter leaving you to go about your assignment.

Once you enter the vehicle waypoints for each of the target businesses will show up on your minimap, all of which are located in Hove Beach. The Businesses are as follows:

1. Comrades Bar on Bart Street

2. The Perestroika Club on Tulsa Street

3. The Peep Hole Sex Shop on Deleware Avenue

4. The Gulag Garden Restaurant on Wappinger Avenue

You can attempt to take them over in any order you like and each will have varying levels of resistance, with Comrades Bar and the Sex Shop having the least and Perestroika and the Restaurant having the most - the amount of enemies inside the club for example will be similar to in the mission "The Master and the Molotov". You can chose to tackle the mission alone or you can take Peter up on his offer of providing you with two other wiseguys for the job, the choice is yours. Once you have cleared out all of the Russian strongholds your task will be complete and this part of the chapter will end successfully.

Each of these businesses will now start generating a weekly income for you.

• ClaudX, Zello and Ivan1997GTA like this

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 3 days ago

people slated GTA IV for these type of missions; go to a place, f*ck with some dudes, get paid.  But as you've proved; its the dialogue and story behind the mission that makes it worthwhile.  I like it.  Especially generating revenue the old fashioned Vice City way; rough 'em up, they pay up.  Good work mate.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 hours ago

people slated GTA IV for these type of missions; go to a place, f*ck with some dudes, get paid.  But as you've proved; its the dialogue and story behind the mission that makes it worthwhile.  I like it.  Especially generating revenue the old fashioned Vice City way; rough 'em up, they pay up.  Good work mate.

Yeah this topic has always been more about telling a story so I must admit that the missions aren't exactly groundbreaking, even at this stage in the game. I'm glad to see they're being well received though. Thanks :^:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users