Grand Theft Auto: Family Ties

547 replies to this topic
Tyla
  • Tyla

Trouble Man

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

I will have more time to elaborate on this later as I'm kinda rushing to post right now but a feature I would like to see in the game when Carlo becomes a Made Man are a set of favour missions that are given by a variety of characters from Liberty City's non-Italian underworld. Collecting debts, mediating disputes, intimidating witnesses, silently taking someone out of the equation... that grade of thing. You'd earn special one time perks for each favour you complete. What do you think?

Everything else you outlined sounds fantastic. Good job. :^:

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted A week ago

I will have more time to elaborate on this later as I'm kinda rushing to post right now but a feature I would like to see in the game when Carlo becomes a Made Man are a set of favour missions that are given by a variety of characters from Liberty City's non-Italian underworld. Collecting debts, mediating disputes, intimidating witnesses, silently taking someone out of the equation... that grade of thing. You'd earn special one time perks for each favour you complete. What do you think?

Everything else you outlined sounds fantastic. Good job. :^:

The game would feature ambient events like GTA V which could easily include some of this stuff. I don't really want to overload the topic with too much content since its meant to be a DLC afterall.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Trouble Man

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

Yeah that was pretty much my line of inspiration with the ambient events, more so along the lines of the events that earn you crew members than the random muggings on the street. Now that Carlo's a Made guy the events would come to him with his new found status as opposed to the player going out to find them, but you're probably right that it's too OTT a feature.

And I genuinely forget this is only meant to be a DLC sometimes. There's arguably more content in this GTAIV expansion than there is in GTAV.

Is the next chapter coming soon?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Yeah that was pretty much my line of inspiration with the ambient events, more so along the lines of the events that earn you crew members than the random muggings on the street. Now that Carlo's a Made guy the events would come to him with his new found status as opposed to the player going out to find them, but you're probably right that it's too OTT a feature.

And I genuinely forget this is only meant to be a DLC sometimes. There's arguably more content in this GTAIV expansion than there is in GTAV.

Is the next chapter coming soon?

Starting out I wanted to put in so much content but I was restricted by my desire to link the topic into the story of GTA IV. Looking back its a good thing I didn't since its already taken me four years to get this far :D

I've been really busy with work lately and my shifts are kind of all over the place. I have the next enstallment half written so its just a matter of writing up the other half now. Its really just two long cutscenes and acts as more of way of advancing the story than anything else.. kind of like the set up for the drug deal in Chapter 4.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Trouble Man

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

It's mad to read May 2011 above Chapter 4! I really admire your sticking with it which is something I've never been able to do.

I'm looking forward to the two long cutscenes as much as full-on missions to be honest because I know you do dialogue well. Exchanges between characters are as good as exchanges of gunfire. Hope you catch a break and post it up soon. :^:

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

It's mad to read May 2011 above Chapter 4! I really admire your sticking with it which is something I've never been able to do.

I'm looking forward to the two long cutscenes as much as full-on missions to be honest because I know you do dialogue well. Exchanges between characters are as good as exchanges of gunfire. Hope you catch a break and post it up soon. :^:

I hope to have it posted by the end of the year. That gives me over a week to get my finger out of my ass so I'm hopeful :)

Tyla
  • Tyla

Trouble Man

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 days ago

I hope you get your finger out of your arse before Christmas Day or else it's going to hurt like a bastard when you sit down for dinner :D Seriously man take your time and I hope you enjoy the holiday season.

Away from matters of the rectal passage I've been wondering about the Ancelotti character of yours named Paulie Gianco. I went through your chapters and I haven't seen a mention of him yet. I cottoned on to the Ancelottis being involved in the later story, any clue to when he will appear and what role he has?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

I hope you get your finger out of your arse before Christmas Day or else it's going to hurt like a bastard when you sit down for dinner :D Seriously man take your time and I hope you enjoy the holiday season.

Away from matters of the rectal passage I've been wondering about the Ancelotti character of yours named Paulie Gianco. I went through your chapters and I haven't seen a mention of him yet. I cottoned on to the Ancelottis being involved in the later story, any clue to when he will appear and what role he has?

Haha very good man. Best wishes to you also :santa:

Gianco will actually appear quite prominently in the next chapter which will pretty much revolve around the Ancelottis, as will the one after that (Chapter 16) which will feature the likes of Dimitri Rascalov and his Vice City associate Andriy Maximov. He will be quite an important character in the latter parts of the story and will act as kind of a conduit for many of the significant events from here on out (including several crossovers with GTA IV).

• TheUnholy likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users