Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Saturday, Mar 24 2012, 10:20)
why does this not get any damn comments?! I know I've been negligent but seriously this is awesome man!  you really do know how to set a perfect scene, I'm not really a fan of fading music into a scene at the right moment though it suited this mission and this concept, really captures the "old gangster flick" essence but pastes it over into 2008 Liberty City.  the butchering scene is another classic Mafia movie staple and it was played well to give the protagonist some humanity.  nice work man

Thanks a lot for your comment man and your continued support. Any idea when your Papi concept will be unleased on the the forum world?

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

I read it too, I just neglected to leave a comment because I'm a lazy ass. Great choice of Jefferson Airplane to set the ambiance while they carve that heckler into deli meat. I hope to see Carlo start busting heads soon, lately it's been a lot of body disposal. Rudy is shaping up to be a background antagonist at this point, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll be killed considering he's still alive in Chinatown Wars. Seeing that Frankie Garone just got whacked somewhere in between these two chapters, the story is taking place somewhere in the middle of Niko's timeline. Will Carlo be working for the Messina Family now?

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Sunday, Mar 25 2012, 14:55)
QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Saturday, Mar 24 2012, 10:20)
why does this not get any damn comments?! I know I've been negligent but seriously this is awesome man!  you really do know how to set a perfect scene, I'm not really a fan of fading music into a scene at the right moment though it suited this mission and this concept, really captures the "old gangster flick" essence but pastes it over into 2008 Liberty City.  the butchering scene is another classic Mafia movie staple and it was played well to give the protagonist some humanity.  nice work man

Thanks a lot for your comment man and your continued support. Any idea when your Papi concept will be unleased on the the forum world?

not a single clue mate, been writing a Vietnam concept for another part of the forum to see how that goes down and been switching back and forth between the two inbetween work and pub, could do with knuckling down with "All In The Game" (working title). only time will tell.

I agree with akavari, I'd like see Carlo stop chilling and start killing, but for the sake of a decent narrative it seems right to slowly introduce him to playing Grim Reaper rather than placing a Tommy Gun in hand and letting him go to town.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Sunday, Mar 25 2012, 16:14)
I read it too, I just neglected to leave a comment because I'm a lazy ass. Great choice of Jefferson Airplane to set the ambiance while they carve that heckler into deli meat. I hope to see Carlo start busting heads soon, lately it's been a lot of body disposal. Rudy is shaping up to be a background antagonist at this point, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll be killed considering he's still alive in Chinatown Wars. Seeing that Frankie Garone just got whacked somewhere in between these two chapters, the story is taking place somewhere in the middle of Niko's timeline. Will Carlo be working for the Messina Family now?

Yes Carlo will be working for the Messina Family for a while now (about as long as his tenure with the Pavanos). Carlo will be busting heads again soon but probably not in a way you expect. The downside to him working for all five families is that he almost has to start back at square one each time doing grunt work in order to prove himself to each new employer, his previous jobs for other factions do put him a little bit further up the ladder but reputation can only take a man so far. The killing will really start in the latter part of the next chapter and there will be more indirect crossovers then too so stay tuned. colgate.gif

As regards to Rudy being an antagonist though, that's not really what I was insinuating.. his post mission phone call was really just to act as a precursor to the bad blood between he and Jimmy in Chinatown Wars, however the possibility of him making an attempt on Carlo's life in the future is not out of the question. sly.gif

@C4C: That vietnam concept sounds very interesting. Have you got any of the story already posted that I can take a look at? If so link me man

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

I've not started a thread yet, got an MS Word doc with all equipment, another with characters and such. intention is to be a third person shooter similar to Max Payne, with the same Rockstar twist of satire, sarcasm and pop culture. there would be three playable characters, a basic Marine grunt that rises the ranks of his platoon, a Force Recon Sergeant and a Navy SEAL in a fireteam. the Marine would be the main focus and all three characters end up tied together in one mission, the SEAL's on a sniping mission/assault on a VC supply village supported by the Marine platoon, whilst the Force Recon squad have to hold off the Viet Cong counter attack from the sticks near the village. the player would go through a simplified basic training and perform patrols (much like how Carlo has to do generic gopher jobs to prove his worth) which would culminate in an attack on a fictional city (I'm using fictional locations based on real life places, for example the city would be similar to the Hue City mock up seen in Full Metal Jacket and simply be part of "North Vietnam). heading back to "South Vietnam" (think Platoon/We Were Soldiers type terrain) the player would have to help defend a Firebase from attack and then form a joint unit with one of the other platoon's in the base, said unit being the support for the SEALs.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Tuesday, Mar 27 2012, 19:27)
I've not started a thread yet, got an MS Word doc with all equipment, another with characters and such. intention is to be a third person shooter similar to Max Payne, with the same Rockstar twist of satire, sarcasm and pop culture. there would be three playable characters, a basic Marine grunt that rises the ranks of his platoon, a Force Recon Sergeant and a Navy SEAL in a fireteam. the Marine would be the main focus and all three characters end up tied together in one mission, the SEAL's on a sniping mission/assault on a VC supply village supported by the Marine platoon, whilst the Force Recon squad have to hold off the Viet Cong counter attack from the sticks near the village. the player would go through a simplified basic training and perform patrols (much like how Carlo has to do generic gopher jobs to prove his worth) which would culminate in an attack on a fictional city (I'm using fictional locations based on real life places, for example the city would be similar to the Hue City mock up seen in Full Metal Jacket and simply be part of "North Vietnam). heading back to "South Vietnam" (think Platoon/We Were Soldiers type terrain) the player would have to help defend a Firebase from attack and then form a joint unit with one of the other platoon's in the base, said unit being the support for the SEALs.

That sounds pretty cool. I had a similar idea for a Call of Duty: Vietnam, but where can you even post something like that around here?

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

damn right, ignoring the Cold War Fight Club time travel mess that was Black Ops, Vietnam hasnt been represented in the CoD series...

I posed the same question a few weeks ago and apparently Gaming Chat is the best place to post...makes sense seeing as if we were blessed with a Non GTA Concept subforum it'd get spammed with half arsed "CodMod4" bullsh*t.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Tuesday, Mar 27 2012, 21:29)
damn right, ignoring the Cold War Fight Club time travel mess that was Black Ops, Vietnam hasnt been represented in the CoD series...

I posed the same question a few weeks ago and apparently Gaming Chat is the best place to post...makes sense seeing as if we were blessed with a Non GTA Concept subforum it'd get spammed with half arsed "CodMod4" bullsh*t.

I'd love a separate forum for all types of game concepts. I always wanted to write one for the free roam zombie apocalypse I always fantasize about. Maybe I'll give it a shot in my spare time.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Tuesday, Mar 27 2012, 22:39)

I'd love a separate forum for all types of game concepts. I always wanted to write one for the free roam zombie apocalypse I always fantasize about. Maybe I'll give it a shot in my spare time.

Me too.. I don't personally have any ideas for a non GTA related concept but it would be cool to have a place for others to post such topics. I've always felt that this section wasn't exactly the best place for concept topics but there doesn't seem to be anywhere else on the forum that's more suitable so it is what it is I guess.

SWOT
  • SWOT

Il faut casser le noyau pour avoir l'amande!

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:06 AM Edited by SWOT, 15 April 2012 - 10:16 AM.

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Tuesday, Apr 3 2012, 00:33)

Me too.. I don't personally have any ideas for a non GTA related concept but it would be cool to have a place for others to post such topics. I've always felt that this section wasn't exactly the best place for concept topics but there doesn't seem to be anywhere else on the forum that's more suitable so it is what it is I guess.

I agree M.OB. In fact, if u ask me we should suggest that a separate section of this forum be devoted primarily to concept threads.

EDIT link

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:44 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 20 April 2012 - 12:02 AM.

QUOTE (SWOT @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 11:06)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Tuesday, Apr 3 2012, 00:33)

I agree M.OB. In fact, if u ask me we should suggest that a separate section of this forum be devoted primarily to concept threads.

EDIT link

Reading that topic has actually changed my mind. The people who posted replies actually raised several good arguements against giving concept topics their own sub forum.. for the time being at least. If however we did see a slew of quality concepts the case could be reopened with the reasoning weighing in favour of a sub forum.

Dominicans Dont Play
  • Dominicans Dont Play

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:22 PM

Is this a real game?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:31 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 13 May 2012 - 11:00 PM.

QUOTE (Dominicans Dont Play @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 18:22)
Is this a real game?

For what it's worth... No, this is not a real game smile.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:06 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 13 March 2013 - 01:19 AM.

Chapter 9 - Part 2

A short time after completion of the previous part of the chapter Jimmy will send you a text message requesting you to meet him in a garage in Dukes to discuss the scheme he mentioned in your previous encounter. When you arrive there Carlo will walk inside and find a mechanic working under the hood of a Sabre GT. As Carlo approaches he will come up from under the hood and ask him "can I help you?" to which Carlo will reply "I'm looking for Jimmy". The mechanic will point to an office in the rear of the garage and say "he's in there" and then go back to work. Carlo will thank him and walk towards the office where he will find Jimmy talking to somebody on the phone. Upon seeing Carlo enter the office he will say to the person on the other end "Ok Fredo.. listen I gotta go.. there's somebody here to see me" he will then hang up and greet Carlo.

Jimmy: "Ah Carlo hey how ya doin?"

Carlo: "I'm doin good Jim"

Jimmy: "That's good.. so what can I do ya for?"

Carlo: "..you asked me to come by to talk about that thing you've been working on"

Jimmy: "Right.. sure, take a seat" (Carlo will sit down)

Jimmy will then walk towards the door and look out around the garage suspiciously before closing it. He will then walk over and sit down on the desk opposite Carlo and look at him intently for a few moments before speaking.

Jimmy: "I got some cars that need stealing"

Carlo: "Boosting Cars.. are you serious? I haven't done that since I was like fifteen"

Jimmy: "Were you murdering hookers when you were fifteen too tough guy"

Carlo: "Come on.. are you seriously still going on about that?"

Jimmy: "Hey.. you're lucky your not laying there beside her you f*ck"

Carlo (realising he has a point): "..Just quit busting my balls would ya"

Jimmy: "You do this for me and I'll think about it"

Carlo: "..So these cars.. where I can I find them?"

Jimmy: "They're located in just about every corner of the city.. except Bohan.. aint nothin worth stealin up there"

Carlo: "Gee thanks.. I think you're gonna have to be a little more specific"

Jimmy: "I got a Willard parked out front with the first location already loaded into the gps. When you get that one bring it back here and text me on this number (hands Carlo a piece of paper) and I'll text you back with the location of the next one and so on"

Carlo: "Ok, so what makes you so sure that these cars are gonna be where you say they are?"

Jimmy: "A few of my guys have been staking them out for a couple of days now so I'm pretty confident they're gonna be 'in the right place at the wrong time' if you know what I mean"

Carlo: "I hear you.. but I gotta ask.. wouldn't it have been easier to just have them steal the cars?"

Jimmy: "I wouldn't trust those useless f*cks to do nothin.. you though I trust"

Carlo: "Then I guess I gotta trust you too. So what are you gonna do with these cars once I steal them? You're not gonna sell them from here are you?"

Jimmy: "Come on.. Do I look that f*ckin' stupid to you?"

Carlo: "Honestly? No"

Jimmy: "I got a guy down in Vice City who likes exotic imports, I'm gonna ship 'em down there and he's gonna sell 'em for me"

Carlo: "Seems like a good plan"

Jimmy: "That's cause it is, now quit asking so many f*cking questions and get to it"

Carlo will then leave the garage to start the job.

There will be four cars to steal in total. The first one will be a Cheetah parked in front of a house in Meadow Hills, Dukes. The second will be a Galaxy parked in North Holland. The third will be a Stinger parked on Manganese street just south of Middle Park and the fourth and final car will be an Excess parked in South Slopes, Broker, all of which will be alarmed, earning you a wanted level if you attract the cops. When you have returned all of the cars to the garage the job (and this part of the chapter) will be finished.

Shortly after completion of this job Carlo will get a call from Jimmy which will go as follows:

Jimmy: "I spoke to our friend.. the casting director.. from Vice City"

Carlo: "Oh yeah.. what did he say?"

Jimmy: "Well it turns out he's only looking for Italian girls for that project he's working on so that last girl you picked up.. you know the British one"

Carlo: "Yeah?"

Jimmy: "He don't need her"

Carlo: "..okay"

Jimmy: "I'm more into the older American girls and that English muffin.. she's too hot for me. At my age I don't need people staring at me when I roll down the street with her, so I was thinkin maybe you'd like to take her off my hands"

Carlo: "Sure, I can do that"

Jimmy: "Great. I'm gonna drop her off outside the garage, you can come by and pick her up when you're ready.. or whatever"

Carlo: "Thanks man, I'll swing by and pick her up soon"

You can now go to the garage to pick up your new Excess at your leisure.

Click here for Part 3

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

That mission was a bit simple for my taste, but it was a nice way to introduce the Excess. Now it really feels like Carlo is moving up in the world... goodbye poor old Vigero.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:09 AM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 07 May 2012 - 02:04 PM.

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 18:09)
That mission was a bit simple for my taste, but it was a nice way to introduce the Excess. Now it really feels like Carlo is moving up in the world... goodbye poor old Vigero.

I wanted to go really simple with the mission to try and provide a balance to the past couple of offerings.

I'm thinking of having Carlo compete in an underground boxing match next... is that too cliché?

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

Sorry, I newly read Chapter 8 and 9. I felt sad for Louie, cuz he had seemed like a good fella. sad.gif Also will Louie's death cause feuds between Pavano and Ancelotti families?

Also I think getting Carlo into illegal fighting matches is a good idea, keep it up man.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:55 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 10 August 2012 - 03:16 PM.

QUOTE (MarijuanaMonkey @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 18:00)
Sorry, I newly read Chapter 8 and 9. I felt sad for Louie, cuz he had seemed like a good fella. sad.gif Also will Louie's death cause feuds between Pavano and Ancelotti families?

Louie killed one of Harry's escorts (accidently but moreso due to negligence).. had Rudy not killed him then had Harry found out he would've likely went to the Pavano's Don and asked for permission to kill him. There's no guaranteeing that their Don (who in this story is named Ercole Romano) would've given him that permission but considering the suspicions about him conspiring to have Joe Corolla killed it's a definite possibility. Regardless of this fact Frankie took affirmative action by having Rudy shoot him since had the story of the hooker's death gotten out then all parties involved would have potentially been up for the chop. Given the fact that Rudy isn't made though means that no rules were actually broken and there's nothing to suggest that the Pavano's know who killed Louie or even if they know that he's dead so there's no real basis for a war between the two otherwise civil Families.

As we know this plan eventually backfired due to Rudy only looking out for himself and going straight to the Messinas (namely Jimmy) to confess about the killing since Jimmy is the one that would most likely do the killing had the word gotten back. This got him off the hook, soon after that Frankie was killed by Niko so this meant Jimmy was unable to punish him for his part in the fiasco. Jimmy then refrains from killing Carlo initially because he needs him to steal the cars for him which we're told is a side operation of Jimmy's done without the knowledge of his superiors - from this we can also assume that Jimmy never actually told Harry (or anybody else) about the murder and truth be told he doesn't really care (its hard to convey simply with dialogue but Jimmy is only using the murder as a way of blackmailing Carlo into doing his bidding).

If you consider all of this then there's absolutely no reason for anybody to go to war since a) Louie (the killer) is dead b) Frankie the man who orchastrated the whole plot to decieve the Messinas is also dead and most importantly c) Jimmy, the only living person aside from Rudy and Carlo who knows about the incident chooses not to tell his superiors and instead decides to use the whole situation to his own advantage.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:40 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 13 March 2013 - 04:12 PM.

Chapter 9 - Part 3

Jimmy will summon Carlo to his restaurant in Little Italy. When he gets there he will find Bobby sitting by the bar having a drink and will greet Carlo when he walks in, Jimmy will be behind the counter yelling at somebody on the phone.

Jimmy: "Listen to me you no good piece of sh*t, if I lose my money over this you're a dead man. I mean it.. one f*cking cent and you'll be floating at the bottom of the West River"

"...Yeah? Well you better f*ckin' hope I don't! Happy hangover ya jerkoff!!" (slams the phone down on the counter)

Jimmy then turns to address Bobby "Motherf*cker!"

Bobby: "What's the matter Jimmy?"

Jimmy: "It's that that worthless f*ckin cock sucker Butchy.. says he aint gonna be able to fight tonight. Turns out he had a momentary lapse and went on a f*ckin three day bender now he's too hung over to fight.. can you f*ckin believe this!?"

Jimmy then takes a bottle of whiskey from the counter and smashes it off the wall "Aaargh! I should've known better than to trust that alcie f*ck, he failed in the pros and now he's failing in life.. If we lose money of this f*ck up he's gonna be failing.. failing fast.. that I can guarantee you"

Bobby: "Calm down Jimmy I'm sure we can find a replacement"

Jimmy: "Where are we gonna find a replacement at this short notice?"

Bobby turns to Carlo and looks him over "What about him?"

Jimmy: "What about him?"

Carlo: "Yeah what about me?"

Bobby (to Carlo): "Can you fight?"

Carlo: "I'm alright, you know"

Bobby (holding Carlo front faced by his shoulders): "You look like you've got a mean right hook"

Carlo (shadow boxing): "Well actually I'm more of a southpaw"

Jimmy: "f*ck that, I aint riskin' all that money on some amateur from the streets"

Carlo: "Well, I wouldn't exactly say I'm an amateur.. I used to box a little as a kid and I've been in my fair share of scrapes since then"

Jimmy: "Ok kid, you're hired"

Carlo: "Wait a minute I was just sticking up for myself.. I never said I was gonna do this"

Jimmy: "Listen kid, don't get the wrong idea from me giving you presents and all that.. I'm not a nice guy. You still owe me"

Carlo: "So you keep reminding me. But what about those cars I stole for you.. or those packages I dropped in the west river. Doesn't that sh*t count for nothing?"

Jimmy: "Ok listen.. I may not be nice but I'm anything but unreasonable"

Bobby (laughs): "Yeah, right"

Jimmy: "..So here's the deal.. you do this for me and you're a free man"

Carlo: "And I have your word?"

Jimmy: "Eh, I swear on your mother's life" (laughs) "I'm joking.. YES, you have my word"

Carlo: "Alright then.. but I want a cut of the profits if I win"

Bobby (to Jimmy): "And I want a cut of those cars he stole"

Jimmy: "Hey, don't be getting ahead of yourself son, and we'll talk about it later Bobby"

Carlo: "Well there's nothing wrong with a little confidence is there"

Bobby: "No there isn't"

Carlo: "So where is this fight taking place exactly?"

Jimmy: "The fight don't start for another couple of hours.. first we're gonna drop by that worthless bum's apartment so you can get in some practice.. that ought to teach him to f*ck me over like this"

Carlo: "Ok, just tell me where the prick lives"

Jimmy (grinning and patting Carlo's back): "That's the spirit kid, he lives up in Purgatory.. why don't we take a little trip over there now"

The three men will get in a car and make the short trip to Butchy's apartment over in Purgatory. When they get there they will walk up to his door and Jimmy will begin banging on it furiously calling for him to answer

"Come on you little piece of sh*t open up, I know you're in there"

After several moments however there will still be no answer

Jimmy (to Bobby): "Kick it down"

Bobby: "Come on Jimmy maybe he aint home"

Jimmy: "He's home alright, kick it down!"

Bobby will take a couple of steps backwards and then forcefully kick open the front door of the apartment. Butchy will be lying on the couch in his underwear watching the Republican Space Rangers and will jump to a seated position when the three when burst through the door.

Butchy: "What the hell do you guys think your doing!?"

Jimmy: "I'll tell you what were doing.. we're gonna show you what happens when you f*ck with with guys like us! Go on Carlo, teach him a lesson.

At this point you will be engaged in a fist fight with Butchy in the middle of his living room while Jimmy and Bobby stand there looking on. Butchy is a little slow due to his hangover but he's still strong so you must be aware of his punches since they can do quite a bit of damage if he catches you off guard. Halfway through the fight it will break for a cutscene wherein Butchy lands a few solid punches on Carlo and rocks him, as he throws a finishing blow however Carlo manages to duck his arm and pick him up for a body slam, driving him right through his coffee table. Butchy will stay down momentarily and it will be assumed that the fight is over. Just as the three men are about to leave though he will get back up in a rage and come at Carlo swinging, beginning the second half of the fight. In this section Butchy will be a lot quicker and will be more of a threat, to counteract this a message will pop up on screen telling you to keep ducking and countering his punches. Once you land a few solid counters on Butchy you will knock him out and Carlo will leave the apartment with Bobby and Jimmy to go off and get ready for the main event.

You will be instructed by Jimmy to head over to an underground cage fighting venue in North Holland where your fight is due to take place. When you get there Carlo will head inside with the two other mobsters. Once inside Carlo will take a minute to admire the crowd commenting on the apparent popularity of these illegal boxing matches, Jimmy will agree saying that there is a lot of money to be made.

After Carlo has taken a minute to digest his surroundings Jimmy will point out his opponent, a meager looking brawler resembling a crack addict who is on the other side of the arena getting a pep talk from his trainer, a stereotypical looking boxing couch complete with a little black flat cap, a pointy nose and grey hair.

Carlo: "He don't look so tough"

Jimmy: "I don't ever make bets on fights I can't win. This'll be a walk in the park"

The three men will walk over to the rival camp and Jimmy will begin talking to the opponent's coach

Jimmy: "I hope that sack of crap is ready to get his ass kicked"

Coach (looking around): "By who? I don't see Butchy around here.. in fact from what I hear he was carried out of some old dive bar in broker at 5 o'clock this mornin haha"

Jimmy: "Well you see that's the thing.. we've found ourselves a replacement" (pushes Carlo forward)

Coach: "f*ck that, those aint the rules Jimmy and you know it"

Jimmy: "This is an illegal bout you idiot, there are no rules"

Coach: "Ok then, if that's the way you wanna play it. If you get to change your fighter then so do we.."

The rival coach will then call over a hulking black man who appears to be more like a bodyguard than a boxer "Hey Lucius get over here. How do you feel about putting this guido in the ground tonight?" The black guy will look at Carlo with a smile "sure, I can do that".

Coach (to Jimmy): "So you wanna back out"

Jimmy: "And forfeit all that money? No way. The fights still happenin!"

Coach: "Ok boys, good luck.. you're gonna need it haha"

Jimmy: "Go f*ck yourself, you and that gorilla of yours"

The black guy will snarl at Jimmy but will be held back by the trainer

At this point Carlo will start to get worried

Carlo: "Are you f*cking crazy Jimmy!? There's no way I can beat that guy he's built like the Rotterdam Tower!"

Jimmy: "Well your gonna. I got too much dough riding on this thing to back out now so I don't care if you end up with permanent brain damage as long as you come out victorious"

Bobby (interjecting): "Don't worry kid, you can take him.. just play it like you did with Butchy, just keep ducking and counter punching and he won't stand a chance"

Jimmy: "The bigger they are the harder they fall.. now get out there and drop that f*ckin behemoth to the floor!"

You will then be transported into the ring where Carlo will have stripped down into a new attire consisting of a tank top and whatever pants he was wearing when he got there. The fight will play out pretty similar to the one in Butchy's apartment except Carlo's new opponent will be twice as strong meaning that ducking and counter punching is a must if you want to survive. Just like in The Ballad of Gay Tony you can also use the fences surrounding the ring to your advantage and doing so is a good tactic. After you have successfully broken down your opponents defenses (which will take a while) a few clean power punches will drop him to the mat and you will emerge victorious, much to Bobby and Jimmy's delight. After the fight the two of them will offer their congratulations and ask Carlo to drop them back off at their Restaurant. Once there Jimmy will give Carlo his cut of the winnings and send him on his way.

The underground fight club will now be accessible to Carlo any time he chooses to visit it

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

great mission man! in spite of the second parts similarity to TBOGT's mission Momma's Boys, mainy the money motivation, I think it served as a better introduction to cage fighting than TBOGT did, always good when you piss on the game creators on their own game! haha

looking forward to the next installment mate

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Friday, Aug 10 2012, 18:54)
great mission man! in spite of the second parts similarity to TBOGT's mission Momma's Boys, mainy the money motivation, I think it served as a better introduction to cage fighting than TBOGT did, always good when you piss on the game creators on their own game! haha

I wanted to do the mission and was initially put off by it's similarity to "Momma's Boy" but I just didn't want to let it go so I wrote it in spite of my apprehension since it seemed like a good way to finish with Carlo working directly for Jimmy i.e he's not only fighting for the money, he's also fighting for his freedom.

For the next chapter I've taken inspiration from a well known Tarantino movie and a famous mafia scheme from the 1980s, with the final part being the Alex Rudaj/Gambino family reference that I spoke about some time ago (can't remember if it was in this topic or not though). It may be some time before I get around to writing it but hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Thanks for the feedback man I really appreciate it icon14.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:46 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 13 March 2013 - 01:17 AM.

Duplicate post, ignore

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Friday, Aug 10 2012, 17:54)

Yeah, this is a better introduction to cage fighting than TBOGT. This part was interesting, Carlo fought for his freedom, nearly fought for money. I wonder how Carlo will move his line of crime in the next chapter. Good job, man. icon14.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (MarijuanaMonkey @ Wednesday, Aug 15 2012, 14:12)
QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Friday, Aug 10 2012, 17:54)

Yeah, this is a better introduction to cage fighting than TBOGT. This part was interesting, Carlo fought for his freedom, nearly fought for money. I wonder how Carlo will move his line of crime in the next chapter. Good job, man. icon14.gif

Thanks for the feedback man.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

Woah dude, after making myself sit down and read this, I gotta say its really good! You go in depth with the story, characters, and information on the new island, most of which a lot of concept threads seem to lack! And your mafia plot is great, much better than what my mafia story. Overall, good job, and I can't wait for more! smile.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 19:21)
Woah dude, after making myself sit down and read this, I gotta say its really good! You go in depth with the story, characters, and information on the new island, most of which a lot of concept threads seem to lack! And your mafia plot is great, much better than what my mafia story. Overall, good job, and I can't wait for more! smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback man. I hope to have the next installment posted by the end of the week smile.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:12 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 13 March 2013 - 04:14 PM.

Chapter 10 - The Brothers Volpe

Part 1

Carlo get's a text from Jimmy asking him to meet him in the Messina's Social Club on Rotterdam Hill in Broker. When he gets there he will find Jimmy and Bobby sitting at a table with three other men playing poker. As Carlo draws closer to the table he will be spotted by Jimmy who will look up from the game and turn to address him.

Jimmy: "Wahey, there he is"

Carlo walks a little closer

Jimmy (standing up): "Gentlemen this is the guy who stood in for that worthless sack of sh*t Butchy and made us all that green"

A thin, rat faced man will get up from the table as Jimmy sits down to continue the game. Approaching Carlo he will say "So this is the man with the iron fists huh?"

Bobby: "That's him alright"

Carlo: "Really it was nothing.. I just kicked somebody's ass"

The man, now standing directly in front of Carlo, will look into his face with a sort of half smile "Hey, don't be so modest man, it's that win that's bankrolling this game tonight"

Carlo: "Really?"

Man: "Yeah.. well, some of it. The name's Fredo by the way.. Fredo Volpe.. I'm the one that keeps your boy Jimmy in check" (Jimmy laughs nervously in the background) "And might I say it's a pleasure to meet you.. It's Carlo right?"

Carlo: "Yes Mr. Volpe.. but the pleasure's all mine"

Fredo (bashfully waving off Carlo's flattery): "Pssh, come on. I have a little job for you but first let me introduce you to everybody"

He then begins to introduce everybody starting on Carlo's left

"This is Bobby and Jimmy who you already know"

(Moving Right across the table)

"That's my brother Mark" (Carlo gives him a wave in exchange for a nod)

"..And that big guy right in the middle there, that's Harry"

Carlo: "Harry yeah, Jimmy mentioned you.. you're the boss right?"

Fredo: "Yeah he likes to think he is haha, Harvey's the boss.. I know, it's a little confusing"

Carlo nods understandingly realising his error

Fredo: The truth is that old bastard aint even Italian" (turns to Carlo speaking humorously behind his hand) "But keep that under your hat"

Harry: "Yeah I'm half Irish, hence the glass of whiskey" (in front of him at the table)

Fredo takes a seat at the table beside Harry

Jimmy: "Harry's the one I was tellin you about.. the one who handles the whores"

Harry: "Best in the city son. I could hook you up with one.. she can give you a little rub down to loosen you up after that fight"

Carlo: "That eh.. won't be necessary"

Jimmy: "Yeah ya see Carlo here, he aint too good with women.. he don't know how to handle them right"

Bobby: "Hey look who's talkin'"

(all laugh)

Harry: "These girls are being paid to f*ck him Jimmy so it doesn't matter if he knows how to treat them or not, he can treat them like sh*t for all I care.. in fact I happen to know that some of them kinda like that"

Carlo: "No really it's fine"

Fearing that Jimmy might once again try to make the situation awkward Carlo will attempt to quickly change the subject

"So you're Irish right? There used to be an irish guy who lived in my building, just down the hall. He's been dead for a couple of years now though"

Jimmy: "Yeah? What's your point?" (laughs)

Harry: "Shut up Jimmy let the man talk. So what happened to him.. how did he die"

Carlo: "I'm not really sure.. alcohol poisoning I think"

Harry: "Well aint that a f*ckin stereotype"

Carlo: "Oh jesus you're right..I.. I shouldn't have mentioned it"

Harry: "Relax son I'm just pulling your leg"

Carlo (confused): "Pulling my leg.. ?"

Mark: "It means he's f*ckin with you kid"

Carlo: "Oh Ok"

Jimmy: "Haha this guy's a joker Harry.. didn't I tell you he was a f*ckin joker"

Harry: "He's a pistol alright"

Mark: "Yeah he's a f*ckin hoot, now can we please get back to this game already"

Jimmy: "Yes your majesty"

The wiseguys continue to play on as Carlo takes a set near the table and watches as Harry (the dealer) places the fourth of five cards in the middle of the table. He then turns to Mark who is sitting on his left and asks him "Hey Mark are you in?"

Mark: "Yeah, I'm in for five"

"Bobby?"

Bobby: "Nah f*ck it I fold"

Jimmy: "I'll see your five gees and raise you a hundred"

Bobby: "A hundred gees?"

Jimmy: "No, dollars you mook"

Bobby: "I knew that.."

Harry moves on to Fredo but he stays silent studying his cards

Mark: "Come on Freddie whatcha gonna do?"

Fredo still says nothing

Mark: "What the f*ck is the matter with you? You turned into a deaf mute all of a sudden?"

Jimmy: "Hey.. maybe he don't wanna talk.. maybe he's afraid if he speaks he might end up like old Johnny tight lips" (makes a tongue slicing gesture with his hand)

Mark: "Hey enough with the f*ckin wise cracks ok"

Jimmy: "Ooh I guess I better shut up... I like my tongue right where it is"

Mark: "Oh yeah? Seems to me you like it better when it's stuck in my brother's ass"

Jimmy: "More like your sister's ass"

Harry: "Come on boys, enough with the bloody bickering your like a pair of spoiled children arguing like that"

The two men relent and settle down

Harry: "I'm gonna ask the question again Fredo, what dya wanna do?"

Fredo: "Uhh.. I think I'm gonna fold"

Mark: "God finally, all that f*cking waiting for that? Jeez"

Fredo: "Hey f*ck you, I just had to think about it for a minute alright"

(Play moves on)

Harry: "I'm gonna play it safe here.. I'm gonna call"

Mark (seeming impatient): "Ok then, next card go"

Harry puts down the fifth and final card

Jimmy: "Motherf*cker!"

Harry (laughs): "So much for playing your cards close to your chest"

"So Mark, how do you want to play it?"

Mark: "I'll go in for another five"

Harry: "Jimmy?"

Jimmy: "Come on Harry do you even need to ask.. I f*ckin fold, god damn it"

Mark: "Harry?"

Harry: "You know me boys.. I'm gonna call"

Jimmy: "Again"

Mark: "Alright then show 'em, what have you got​?"

Harry (puts his cards face up on the table): "A pair of queens.. and I'm not talking about my two friends to my right"

Mark (putting his cards down): "Flush. Looks like I win again"

Harry: "Ah sh*t, I thought I had that one. Ah well, is everybody in for another round?"

Mark: "Not me. I've got some business to go take care of"

Jimmy: "So what, you're just gonna take all our money and leave you son of a bitch"

Mark: "Hey, just be grateful I'm not sticking around to take any more. I'll see you boys later"

Mark gets up from the table and starts walking towards the door. Carlo gets up from his seat and offers him his hand to shake

Carlo: "It was a pleasure meeting you Mr. Volpe"

Mark leaves him hanging and walks by. Before he exits though he turns back and says "Don't take it personally kid, I try not to get too friendly with people I just met, It's kinda like setting yourself up for a fall"

Carlo: "It's cool.. don't worry about it"

Mark: "I wont" (leaves the club)

Fredo comes over to Carlo and puts a reassuring hand on his shoulder

Fredo: "Don't mind him he's just a little paranoid.. as far as he's concerned everyone's a talker"

Carlo: "Yeah? Well not me"

Fredo: "I know that, Jim and Bobby vouched for you but some people are just a little bit over cautious, You understand right"

Carlo: "I guess so, I just don't want nobody to have the wrong opinion of me that's all"

Fredo: "Hey, the rest of us know you're straight that's all that matters"

The two men walk back over to the table

Harry: "So are the rest of you boys in for another round?"

Fredo: "Sure Harry, deal em out. Hey Carlo are you in?"

Carlo: "Nah.. I'm ok"

Jimmy: "Yeah the kid is broke Fredo.. that's why I like him"

Fredo: "I'll cover his bets for this round.. it should make up for the money Jimmy here left him short of on the cut for that fight"

Jimmy: "He got what he worked for Fredo. You don't gotta waste your money putting in for him"

Carlo: "He's right you don't have to do that.. I'll just sit this one out"

Fredo: "Hey listen to me, you're playin.. have a seat"

Carlo takes Mark's vacant seat at the table

Jimmy: "If he gets to join in then I wanna be the dealer.. gimme them cards"

Harry: "Play moves to the left Jim"

Jimmy: "All right then I'll f*ckin move"

Jimmy gets up and moves over to where Carlo has just sat down "You, sit over there"

Carlo gets up and sits where Jimmy had been sitting previously and Jimmy begins dealing out the cards. Jimmy will go around the table and give two cards to each person but will take an extra one for himself and put it in his pocket. Carlo seeing him do this will voice his disapproval.

Carlo: "Hey.. what are you doin there?"

Jimmy: "I'm dealing the f*ckin cards, what does it look like I'm doin"

Carlo: "Jimmy I saw you"

Jimmy: "What are you f*ckin talkin about?"

Carlo: "Come on Jimmy, you're meant to burn a card... not put it in your pocket"

Jimmy: "Put it in my pocket? What are you calling me a f*ckin cheater or something"

Carlo: "I just want a fair game Jimmy.. just put the card back and let's play this hand ok"

Jimmy jumps up in a rage and pulls out a cocked pistol putting it to Carlo's head

Jimmy: "Put the card back!? How about I put a bullet in your f*ckin head! You smart mouth prick!"

Bobby immediately jumps up from his seat and pulls him away from Carlo "Jesus Jimmy calm the f*ck down. The kid just got a little confused that's all.. didn't you Carlo"

Carlo (visibly shaken): "Yeah.. I thought I saw you take an extra card and put it in your pocket but obviously I was wrong.. I'm sorry for accusing you"

Jimmy: "You're damn right you are. Consider yourself lucky that this man here was looking out for you, otherwise I swear to f*cking god they woulda been scraping your f*cking brains off these f*cking walls"

Fredo: "Alright enough Jimmy settle down and let's just get on with this game"

Carlo: "Actually you know what I better go, weren't you saying you had some work for me?"

Fredo: "That's right.. Take a walk with me kid"

Carlo and Fredo walk over to the corner of the room to chat and allow the other men to get on with their game

Fredo: "Some of my boys are fixing to rob a jewelry store in Broker. They're expecting a shipment of some very valuable diamonds from Africa.. they're highly illegal which is why it's only right that we rob 'em. The diamonds are gonna be heavily guarded on delivery so we're gonna wait til they make the drop off and then bust in and take 'em right before the two jews who own the place have a chance to deposit them in the safe"

Carlo: "Ok, so what part do I play in this little robbery?"

Fredo: "I've got three guys who I trust that I need to rob the stones and cover the exits but I also need a good driver I can trust. Which is why I need you to drive over there, wait for my guys to finish and get them the f*ck out of there once the job's done"

Carlo: "Sounds pretty simple.. and you'll pay?"

Fredo: "These diamonds are worth millions of dollars, even on the street so yes, I'll pay.. a lot"

Carlo: "How could I say no"

Fredo: "Great, my boys are waiting for you in a diner down in East Hook. Take my car, there's some tools in the trunk. And don't worry about scratching it.. it's been a while since I filed a legitimate insurance claim anyway"

Carlo: "Don't worry, I'll take good care of it"

As Carlo heads for the door Fredo calls out "Oh and Carlo.. wear something black"

Carlo will leave the club and you will now be instructed to purchase or change into something black and head over to East Hook in Broker and pick Fredo's guys up from the Creek Street diner. Once you arrive there you will be instructed to sound the horn to let the men know you are there. A moment or so later the men will exit the diner and get into the car with Carlo. The man in the passenger seat will introduce himself as Richie and the two men in the back as Benny and Ralph. After being introduced to his fellow robbers Carlo will head over to the Jewelry store which is located in South Slopes. The four men will discuss the job on the way there.

When you have reached your destination a short cutscene will kick in showing a van pulling away from the the jewelry store.

Richie: "Alright guys, that's them, they just made the drop off"

Carlo: "Fredo said there's some guns in the trunk.. I'll go look for a good parking spot.. somewhere close but out of the way"

Richie: "Aw no.. your coming with us, Ralphie boy here is gonna stay in the car"

Carlo: "Fredo named me as the getaway driver and that's what I'm gonna do"

Richie: "f*ck that, I don't give a sh*t what Fredo said, if we need to get away from there fast I'd much rather have you by my side than this fat f*ck. He'd run two feet, have a f*ckin heart attack and get us all killed"

Ralph: "Hey f*ck you Richie ya four eyed prick "

Richie: "Say what you want tubby, you know I'm right"

Carlo: "I'll pick you guys up out front then.. either way I'm staying in the car"

Richie: "Come on now don't be a f*ckin moron"

Benny: "One thing is for sure, the more time we stay here arguing over some bullsh*t the less chance we have of getting those diamonds. I aint taking sides here but I gotta say I'd feel a bit more comfortable having you in there too man.. sorry Ralph"

Richie: "Ok then that settles it. You come with us and you keep your eyes peeled for the f*cking cops.. you see anything you give us three load beeps on that horn"

Ralph: "Ok but if you aint out here in ten minutes I'm leaving yous behind"

Carlo, Benny and Richie will get out and retrieve the guns from the trunk and enter the store. Richie and Carlo armed with pistols and Benny armed with a pump action shotgun.

Inside the store there will be two diamond dealers, a hasidic looking jew dressed in a black suit and a stetson style hat standing directly behind the counter and an older jew with a yarmulke seated off to the side, men who will be recognisable to those who played GTA IV as Isaac Roth and Mori Green.

Richie and Benny will walk towards the counter and Carlo will stay guarding the door.

Isaac (not noticing the men are armed): "Ah gentlemen what can I do for you"

Richie (pointing his gun at him): "You can give us those f*ckin diamonds you just had delivered"

Isaac: ".. I'm afraid there must be some kind of mistake.. we don't know anything about any diamonds.. do we Mori?"

Mori: "Uhh.. no"

Richie: "A diamond dealer who doesn't know anything about diamonds? That's rich"

(Benny laughs)

"Don't f*ck with me Jew! We just seen the guys who made the drop off leaving here in a van, now hand over the stones before somebody gets hurt"

Isaac: "I swear.. I don't know what you're talking about"

Richie shoots out the front of one of the display cases "We aint f*ckin around here heeb! Hand em over or the next one's in your dome"

Mori: "Jesus Isaac just give them the diamonds"

Benny: "That's right, listen to your buddy there and give us the stuff"

Isaac: "Oy.. just give me a minute to open the safe"

Richie: "Ok but make it snappy"

Isaac will go to a drawer under the counter and take out a set of keys he will then go over to a picture resembling the prophet Isaiah and lift it from the wall placing it carefully down on the floor, he will then fumble for a minute with the keys before selecting the one which opens the door to the safe all the while Richie will have his gun trained on his head. After the external door has been opened Isaac will begin to enter a four digit combination on the front of the internal safe. After the first two numbers have been entered Isaac will pause for a minute seemingly struggling to remember the rest of the combination.

Isaac: "Hmmm.. maybe it was the date of little Moisha's Bat Mitzvah.. or was it the date of cousin Cyrus's Bris..?"

Carlo (checking his watch): "Two minutes"

Richie (walking around the opposite side of the counter): "Hurry up, we don't have all day"

Isaac: "Sorry guys but it's a little hard to remember when there's a guy with a gun pointed right at my head"

Mori: "Let me do it"

Benny (pointing the shotgun at him): "Stay right where you are"

Eventually Isaac will manage to open the safe and will carefully remove the bag of diamonds, handing them with reluctance over to Richie.

Outside a police car will be parked at the traffic lights a few feet down the street from the store, totally unbeknownst to Ralph who will be busy messing with the gadgets inside the car, turning the wipers and headlights on and off etc. Inadvertently catching the attention of the cops inside the car.

Officer 1: "What the hell is that guy doing there?"

Officer 2: "I don't know but I'm about to find out"

Back inside the shop Richie will hand the bag of diamonds back over the counter to Benny so he can see if they're real

Richie: "What dya say? Are we good?"

Benny (smiling): "Oh yeah we're good alright"

Richie (to Isaac and Mori): "Thanks f*ckers"

He will then knock the men out one after the other with the butt of his gun

Outside Ralph will finally look up and notice the cop car pull up on the opposite side of the street and will give his accomplices three frantic beeps on the horn

(inside)

Carlo: "Guys that's the signal let's go"

(outside)

*police radio* "Calling all units we've got a possible robbery in progress at a jewelry store on Saponi Avenue in South Slopes"

Officer 1 (picking up the radio): "We're on it"

Officer 2: "Let's Go"

Richie will kick open the front door of the jewelry store just as the two officers are exiting their car.

They will turn to face him

"Drop your weapon you're under arrest"

Richie: "f*ck you pigs"

He will then shoot one of the officers in the neck. The other officer will unload on him in retaliation putting a full clip from his 9mm into Richie's chest and he will fall to the floor inside the store in front of Benny and Carlo who will briskly escape out the back door.

The two men will run down a corridor which leads from the back of the store to the the street out in front where the second police officer will hold them at gun point from behind the bonnet of the cruiser and demand that they freeze and drop their weapons as they are under arrest. At this point Ralph will swing around 90 degrees from the opposite side of the road and smash into the police car incapacitating the officer and tell his two accomplices to "get in".

When the two men enter the getaway car however it will be quickly blocked off on both ends of the street by cop cars responding to the downed officers earlier call for back up at which point Ralph will get panicked and reverse into a parked car. As Ralph is struggling to put the car into first, two officers will exit a police car in front of them and fire several shots at the thieves, one of which will perforate their car's windshield and hit Ralph between the eyes, killing him instantly.
Carlo (who is sitting in the passenger seat) will manage to crawl across under the cover of the car's dashboard and open the driver's door, effortfully pushing Ralph's ample corpse out onto the road and take up his position in the seat. He will then throw the getaway car into gear and speed towards the shooting cops forcing them to dive out of the way as he forcefully rams their cruiser, creating a path for he and Benny's escape at which point control will (finally) be returned to the player who will be tasked with shaking off a four star wanted level before dropping Benny off back at the Messina social club with the stolen jewels.

Carlo: "Well that was intense"

Benny: "f*cking right it was man. I can't believe we actually made it out of there with the diamonds, just a pity we had to lose two of our guys in the process"

Carlo: "Yeah that was pretty f*cked up although I gotta say.. had Richie not acted like an asshole and Ralph been able to drive a stick then maybe they could've made it out of there alive"

Benny: "Haha.. I shouldn't laugh.. those guys were straight up but with them gone that means there's gonna be a bigger cut of the loot for me and you"

Carlo: "You really think so huh?"

Benny: "Sure.. well a bigger cut for me anyway. Haha see you later Carlo, try not to get killed on your way home"

Carlo: "Now that would be some f*ckin irony haha.. don't forget to put in a good word for me with Fredo"

Benny: "You'll be getting a glowing reference from me man, that I can guarantee you"

Mission accomplished.. go home and take a well deserved rest.

The Messina Social club will now be accessible to the player

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:15 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 13 March 2013 - 04:16 PM.

Chapter 10 - Part 2

A short time after the robbery Carlo receives a call from Fredo asking him to come by the social club so they can talk.
When you get there Carlo will enter the club to find it empty and Fredo behind the bar drinking some whiskey.

Fredo: "Ah Carlo come in. I see you've fully recovered from your little brush with the law"

Carlo (laughs): "Just about"

Fredo: "Drink?"

Carlo declines and takes a seat at the bar he then looks around at the empty club and says (it's) "a lot quieter than the last time I was in here"

Fredo: "This place is quiet more often then not.. a load of wiseguys rolling in and out on the regular is bound to draw some attention"

Carlo: "True that"

Fredo looks musingly at Carlo for a minute "..things got hot and heavy on that last job though didn't they"

Carlo (smiling): "Yeah"

Fredo: "You sure you're okay?"

Carlo (confused at Fredo's persistence): "Yeah.. really I'm fine.."

Fredo: "What happened was nobody's fault though.. I need you to know that"

Carlo: "Things didn't exactly go according to plan but these things happen I guess"

Fredo (nods): "Kind of invigorating though isn't it.. the stick up game... the thrill of the chase. I used to be quite the little bandit myself you know.. that's how I made my name in this family.. none of that nickel and dime sh*t.. oh no, I was ripping off major banks.. securicars... other wiseguys haha anything I could get my hands on. It may have earned me a few years in the pen but it also earned me respect.. that's what matters you know.."

Carlo stands there silently listening as Fredo continues his monolog while sipping his whiskey

"...to tell you the truth I kind of miss it.. holding people up.. making demands.. most of all I miss the excitement but sometimes you just gotta give in.. take a back seat, let others take those risks for you and watch the money roll in. Other times you gotta make difficult choices.. for the greater good you know?"

Carlo: "Not really.."

Fredo: "Those two guys we lost on the job.. they were stand up guys.. good earners but Benny says when they fell you didn't stop for a minute you just got on with the job at hand"

Carlo: "I.. didn't know 'em that well"

Fredo: "It don't matter. I bet you didn't even think about.. you just did what you were sent there to do.. it's guys like you who succeed in this business.. it's guys who stop and think who get killed. When people stop and think they start to get big ideas.. get ahead of their station and then.. well you know"

Carlo: "Yeah"

Fredo: "What I'm tryin to say is I know I can trust you.. that's why I'm gonna give you more work"

Carlo: "More robberies?"

Fredo: "Nah man I need you to help me with a little scheme I got goin. I understand you got no problems with dealing with drugs.."

Carlo: "You mean that thing between the Pavanos and the Albanians"

Fredo: "Yeah that's what I mean"

Carlo: "No I aint got no problems"

Fredo: "Ok good cause ya see since Joey Corrola got whacked there's been a bit of a gap in the heroin market just waiting to be filled by a guy like me. For the past number of weeks I've been importing junk from the old country and distributing it from a couple of independently owned pizza parlours and then using those same pizza parlours to launder the cash"

Carlo: "Sounds like a pretty good scheme"

Fredo: "Thanks, I got the idea from one the zips ran back in the day. The only difference is those dumb bastards got caught.. which aint gonna happen to me"

Carlo: "What makes you so sure?"

Fredo: "I've got my reasons.. number one of which being I'm not a f*ckin idiot"

Carlo: "I wish I shared your confidence.. at this point I kinda feel like me getting my collar felt is little bit overdue"

Fredo: "The level of risk here is virtually minimal.. all you gotta do is drive a van loaded with stuff from point A to point B.. and then back again"

Carlo: "Two runs? One aint enough?"

Fredo: "On the first run your going to be transporting legitimate products.. tomato sauce, grated cheese that sort of sh*t, this is to make sure you don't get pulled over.. and if you do you've got nothing to hide. After the initial run your going to be carrying a split load of the good stuff.. half of the heroin and half of the cash.. that way if there's a f*ck up we've still got half of each to play around with"

Carlo: "Seems like you've got it all planned out"

Fredo: "That's why I'm so sure it's gonna work and as I said.. I trust you Carlo.. don't you trust me"

Carlo: "Sure I do.. although I can't speak for anybody else you want to pair me up with"

Fredo: "Nobody knows about this except me and you"

Carlo: "Ok then so where do I go to pick up this van"

Fredo: "I have your number.. I'll text you the address"

Carlo leaves the club and a few moments later receives a text from Fredo telling him to go and pick up the first van from a pizza parlour called "Al's Pizzeria" in Beechwood City. Once you have entered the van you will be instructed to bring it over to S'Wish Pizza in Rotterdam Hill and park it up around the side away from the customers. When you park the van up you will be instructed to get into another van parked around back. As soon as Carlo enters the van however he will be surrounded by cops and slapped with a three star wanted level. Your aim now will be to lose the newly acquired heat before making your next move. Once you have gotten rid of your wanted level Carlo will call Fredo whose phone will be answered by some random wiseguy.

Wiseguy: "Hello"

Carlo: "Is Fredo there? I need to speak to him right away"

Wiseguy: "Who's askin?"

Carlo: "Tell him it's Carlo, it's urgent"

Wiseguy: "Hold on"

There will be a brief pause and then Fredo will get on the phone

Fredo: "Carlo! What's up are we good?"

Carlo: "No we're not good.. I delivered the first van like you asked with no problems but the cops must've been watching the second one.. as soon as I got into it they were all over me!"

Fredo: "So you called me!? Jesus christ Carlo they could be tapping into this call as we speak"

Carlo: "I didn't know what else to do"

Fredo: "Ok listen. I've got a lock up just off Tulsa street in Hove Beach, bring the van there and stash it, I'll have some of my guys go and get the stuff when the heat dies down. I suggest you lay low for a while too"

Carlo: "Ok Fredo no problem but what about my payment"

Fredo: "If I'm on the outside by the end of the week then we can talk"

Carlo: "Ok.."

Fredo: "Hey, you know I'm good for it. I gotta hang up now.. talk to you soon"

Once you deliver the van to the lock up this part of the chapter will be complete. Congratulations on another risky job well done.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:23 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 01 July 2014 - 11:56 PM.

Chapter 10 - Part 3

Some time will pass after the completion of the previous part of the chapter and Carlo will receive a text message from an unknown sender telling him to come to the Gas Station off Tinderbox Avenue in Tudor, Alderney. When you get there this part of the chapter will officially start.

Carlo will enter the gas station's forecourt and await the arrival of whoever sent him the text. After a short but anxious wait a black Washington will pull into the courtyard closely followed by three similarly dark Cavalcades and park close to where Carlo is standing. Carlo will reach around his back for a pistol he has stuck in his pants, expecting some sort of ambush. When the Washington comes to a halt Mark Volpe will exit from the passenger side and take a few steps towards Carlo, his driver and the occupants of the Cavalcades will follow behind him.

Carlo: "It's you"

Carlo takes his hand off his gun and fixes his jacket

Mark: "Who were you expecting, the f*cking Pope?"

Carlo: "To be honest I didn't know what to expect"

Mark: "Well here I am"

Carlo: "You got something for me"

Mark: "You don't waste any time do ya"

(Signals to his driver)

"Hey Joey, give him the envelope"

Carlo stuffs the envelope inside his jacket "Thanks. So what happened with your brother and that thing with the Pizzas?"

Mark: "The cops pulled a few guys from the restaurant but they aint gonna talk.. they know better than that but my brother, he thinks it's best if you and him don't see each other no more on account of the heat"

Carlo nods his head in understanding

"Anyway I didn't call you all the way out here to give you an envelope and an update. I need you to do something for me"

Carlo: "Oh yeah? What's that?"

Mark: "It's your square headed friend Aleksander Vulaj. His been causing me a little bit of trouble as of late"

Carlo: "Oh Yeah?"

Mark: "Yeah, ya see after Tony Black got popped, which he swears he had nothing to do with, me and him started talking about the two of us expanding our enterprises.. but the talking fell flat when he started insisting that he get his greasy Albanian mitts on some of my rackets, and not the sort you use to play tennis.. I'm talking sports books, numbers games, blackjack.. that sort of thing."

Carlo: "What did you say?"

Mark: "I told him to go f*ck himself but these ignorant immigrant sh*ts they don't take no for an answer. First he started trying to put the squeeze on some of my bookies, they told him the same thing I did.. go f*ck yourself see but a couple of days later he comes back with some of his boys all locked and loaded and lights the f*ckin place up. Can you believe the f*ckin audacity!? So I called him out here for a sit down I know you and him have some history so.."

Carlo: "You want me to talk to him, or what?"

Mark: "No way, the time for talking is over! I want that cock sucker dead! And you're gonna do it"

Carlo: "With all due respect Mr. Volpe why me... I aint no killer"

Mark: "Like I said, you and him got history.. I need to know where your loyalties lie"

Carlo: "I aint loyal to nobody.. um except you guys"

Mark: "Good. Hey Joey, go fetch me that piece"

Mark's driver will go to the trunk of the Washington and come back with a Silenced Sniper Rifle, handing it to Carlo"

Carlo: "Jesus Christ Mark you could slay an elephant with this thing"

Mark: "She's beautiful aint she, I took her from some degenerate Polack to pay for his vig. He's got a bit of a penchant for horses but they don't like him if you know what I mean"

Carlo: "Don't you think it's a bit much though"

Mark: "If we're gonna lure this bastard into a trap we need to make sure your far away from here when you hit him so he don't see it coming"
(points to a metal tower in the distance) "See that big metal tower thing over there, that's where I want you to go.. it should give you a nice view of this forecourt"

Carlo: "I guess this wouldn't be a good time to tell you I'm afraid of height huh?"

Mark: "Quit f*cking around and get up there he's gonna be here any minute"

Carlo starts to walk away

"Hey Carlo take this" (hands him a bluetooth earpiece) "I've got a little microphone attached to my jacket so you should be able to hear everything from up there.. when I tell you to take the shot you take it ok"

Carlo: "Yeah understood"

A marker will appear beside a ladder which leads to the top of the tower you must now make your way over there and use it to climb up to the top. Once at the top another marker will appear in the top left corner of the tower indicating where you should stand. Walking into this marker will initiate a small cutscene"

*Through the earpiece*

Mark: "Hey kid can you hear me ok?"

Carlo: "Loud and clear Mark"

Mark: "How's the view from up there"

Carlo: "Pretty good.. just make sure you keep him on the left of those pumps"

Mark: "Ok. Here he comes"

Carlo will crouch down and look through the scope as Aleksander's grey oracle pulls up just inside the forecourt closely followed by another car full of goons. He will then get out of the car and walk towards Mark and his crew, outnumbered by the Italians by about five to one. The camera will zoom in to bring the player closer to the action and the following conversation will be heard between the two parties:

Aleksander:: "Good afternoon gentlemen"

Mark: "Yeah good afternoon to you too"

Aleksander looks around at Volpe's armed guards

Aleksander:: "I thought this was suppose to be a sit down.. what's with the heavy artillery. I thought you Italians were honorable men"

Mark: "Yeah well honor goes out the window when there's money involved"

Aleksander:: "Unlucky for you I feel the same way"

One of his men throws him a shotgun as the rest of his crew ready their weapons

Mark: "And unlucky for you we've got you outnumbered"

Aleksander:: "You got me on the ropes here what can I do"

Mark: "Nothing, it's over, you lose"

Aleksander aims his shotgun at one of the petrol pumps threatening to blow it up

"Well if I'm going down you're all coming with me!"

Mark: "You aint got the stones"

Aleksander:: "Try me.. Asshole!"

Aleksander pumps his shotgun to show that he's serious

Mark: "Ok Carlo now! Take the shot!"

Control will be returned to the player and you must successfully take aim at Aleksander's head through the scope before he blows up the gas station. When you take the first shot the camera angle will switch to a bullet cam and follow the round as it violently perforates Vulaj's skull. After the initial kill shot all hell will break loose and you must kill all the Albanians before they kill Volpe and all of his men (which will happen quite fast if you don't act quickly).

When all of the Albanians are dead Mark and his crew will high tail it out of there because the cops are on their way. You will be instructed to leave the area.

When you have gotten a safe distance away you will receive a call from Mark Volpe

Mark: "Jesus f*cking Christ that sh*t was intense.. that guy's a f*cking maniac! We lost a couple of good guys but at least we won't be hearing from that Albanian f*ckwad no more. Good job kid.. there's a little present for you taped to the back of a payphone on Odhner Avenue in Port Tudor. Stay safe"

You must now head over to the designated payphone and pick up your payment. Added to the envelope from Fredo this was a pretty good earner.. even if you did get your hands dirty.

Chapter Complete.

The Silenced Sniper will now be available to purchase from Nino's gun shop

Following the completion of this chapter Carlo will recieve a phone call from Bobby

Bobby: "Hey Carlo it's Bobby"

Carlo: "Hey Bobby what's up?"

Bobby: "Harry asked me to give you a call, he said he's got something in the works that he could use your help with"

Carlo: "Sure thing man"

Bobby: "He said for you to meet him in Opium Nights just opposite Middle Park and to get there early like before breakfast"

Carlo: "I can do that"

Bobby: "Ok great, oh and Carlo there's another thing I wanted to say to.."

Carlo: "Yeah?"

Bobby: "Well I never got a chance to apologise you know for not stepping in for you with Jimmy at the card game. He's a stand up guy but some times he goes into these rages and there aint nobody that can bring him out of it.. this one time he bit part of a guy's ear off cause he said he was disrespecting him"

Carlo: "Well in that case I should probably count myself lucky"

Bobby: "Yeah probably (laughs). Guys like him are a dying breed and he'll never move up in this business.. that's probably why he's so god damn angry all the time"

Carlo: "Well let's just hope that I aint around when he finally loses it once and for all, it'll be like the Valentine's day massacre times a hundred!"

Bobby: "Haha, I must remember to use that one"

Carlo: "Hey be my guest"

Bobby: "Thanks Carlo talk to you soon.. and don't forget to head over and see Harry ok"

Carlo: "Ok man, talk to ya later"

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

F**king AMAZING!!!! icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users