Photo

Ask & Answer

667 replies to this topic
LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:19 PM Edited by leoncj, 06 May 2012 - 09:35 AM.

user posted image

user posted image

I was thinking about this thing. If you want to ask "how to" do something in DYOM with the cutscenes, anims or even you got a problem then ask it here and some of us will answer it. I thought to make this Ask and Answer thing so you won't have to post a new topic or post a new topic of a question that was answered. So you'll now find answered questions here!

EVERYBODY CAN ANSWER NOT ONLY ME!

user posted image
  • You can ask questions everything about DYOM problems, why does DYOM site doesn't work, why you can't upload missions.
  • You can ask "how to" in DYOM, etc.
  • DO NOT report bugs here, bugs reporting is in this Bug Report Topic
  • Please, do not spam, just wait for a while, maybe someone will find an answer to your question.
  • Do not ask the same question that was answered, don't be such a lazy-ass, just find time to look around this topic for your question's answer before you post your question.
  • This topic belongs to DYOM section, do not ask anything that doesn't include DYOM.
  • user posted image

--NEW QUESTIONS--

Coming soon...

--OLD QUESTIONS--
    Q:How i do to friendly actor make a drive-by(shot to enemies) while im driving,?
    A:I believe actors will always have some trouble shooting enemies or even following the player.. but that is AI for you. You can be driving the car and create a friend actor with a weapon, either have him follow you or put him in the car, drive by the enemies slow enough so your friend and fire at them. If you have any problems just tell me if you do. -answered by:Doublepulse

Q:How i can intrduce a cheat without typiing on-game. for example i want to enable the aim when im driving a bike or something. or can be on an object that could make the same funtion or i should have to edit the Dyom01.dat file and introduce a command to do it?
    A:Im unsure if this is even possible, I really doubt it is..unless you give a link to a modification that allows it. Or ofcourse the cheat. - answered by Doublepulse

Q:Why the crashes when i put more than 100 points when i enable enter nearest car?
    A:Only answer I know from that is that is a Route-point bug. You cant put more than 100 points or it will crash. when you get to 299 it will crash. If you need a way of making the location longer.. use less points where the route is straight route. Like instead of using 10 points just to get across the free way.. use like 5. It doesn't make too much of a difference as you should be still going the same path. - answered by Doublepulse

Q:i wanna so much know how to do like explosion explodes when its cutscene like the car drives and the explode
    A:First make an object. Go to Objects and select the explosion object. Second put the explosion object where you want and then make a cutscene. - answered by LeonCJ

Q:All i want to know is how to add color in the text your writing in DYOM?????
    A:Hold SHIFT and press 2 and it will make ~ so:

~w~ - White
    ~r~ - Red
    ~b~ - Blue
    ~g~ - Green
    ~p~ - Purple
    ~n~ - New Line

Or you could download NotePad++ and edit your DYOM?.dat with it.
    - answered by LeonCJ

Q: I'm probably going to seem like a dumbass noob for asking this question, but how do you hide the player character? For example, let's say that I want a cutscene of the same actor as the player doing an animation. I can't do that if the player character is in the way, standing still, doing nothing. The only way I know of doing this is by teleporting the player somewhere else, make the cutscene, then teleport him back. That's tedious and glitchy. Is there a way to hide the player? I have seen it done before in many missions.
    A:Actually, you can't hide player, but you can change his position so he will not be in front of the cutscene. - answered by Ilir
    A2:before the cutscene, teleport the player character away from the place where the cutscene will be. - answered by Jimmy_Leppard

Q:Hey everyone... i need help... when my mission is complete, my game crashes... does anyone know to fix this? thank you for answering and sorry for my bad english
    A:Long missions or missions with lots of information will typically crash the game once they are complete. But this is not really a problem as you have already completed the mission and you can simply re-start San Andreas and continue. - answered by Chimpso

Q:first i have download SAPD chronicles... and it was crash when i complete the mission... but i download grove vs ballas and it crash when i palying it... please help
    A:Missions can crash all the time due to poor design. As I said before, the game crashing after mission success is not a problem. Just restart SA and play the next mission. - answered by Chimpso

Q: Hi everyone, I'm just change my version of CLEO to CLEO4. And now, I can't SAVE/LOAD in DYOM. Any help ? Thx.
    A:DYOM only supports CLEO 3 I'm afraid. You will have to re-install it. - answered by Chimpso

Q:Any mission I creat in DYOM crashs the game when I go test and I can't finish them because the more I try other times when the game hangs at a certain time and do not understand why it happens! I have no other mod besides DYOM.
    A:Maybe you use lot actors,cars,objects or something same. - answered by JOJOXX

Q:How to make that more subtitles appear??
    A:Go to Objectives > Special Objectives > Timeout Option > and type your text. And remember to set a time limit for how long the subtitle would appear. - answered by Drift-Kingz

Q:well how i put an actor directly into a car. i want to create a motorbike that follows player behind but this would after a cut scene . in the last cut scene the actor is driving the bike but ON ROUTE POINTS. so i hide the actor/bike after that cut scene. and i create a new actor and a new bike which has the command to follow player behind. but how i put it directly into the car? ...
    A: Animations = Sit in Nearest Car - answered by LeonCJ

jmrg2992
    • jmrg2992

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:03 AM

Hello ther, well i wanna to thank the creators of DYOM First and all their sucesss now my 3 questions.

1st. ¿How i do to friendly actor make a drive-by(shot to enemies) while im driving,?

2nd- ¿How i can intrduce a cheat without typiing on-game. for example i want to enable the aim when im driving a bike or something. or can be on an object that could make the same funtion or i should have to edit the Dyom01.dat file and introduce a command to do it?

3rd- ¿Why the crashes when i put more than 100 points when i enable enter nearest car?

thanks

Doublepulse
    • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:19 AM

First Of all Awesome thread LCJ, this should help people get the answers to their questions without searching all over the place for an asnwer.

I guess I can start by answering one of Jmrg's questions.

Q:How i do to friendly actor make a drive-by(shot to enemies) while im driving,?

A: I believe actors will always have some trouble shooting enemies or even following the player.. but that is AI for you. You can be driving the car and create a friend actor with a weapon, either have him follow you or put him in the car, drive by the enemies slow enough so your friend and fire at them. If you have any problems just tell me if you do.

Q:How i can intrduce a cheat without typiing on-game. for example i want to enable the aim when im driving a bike or something. or can be on an object that could make the same funtion or i should have to edit the Dyom01.dat file and introduce a command to do it?

A: Im unsure if this is even possible, I really doubt it is..unless you give a link to a modification that allows it. Or ofcourse the cheat.

Q:3rd- Why the crashes when i put more than 100 points when i enable enter nearest car?

A: Only answer I know from that is that is a Route-point bug. You cant put more than 100 points or it will crash. when you get to 299 it will crash. If you need a way of making the location longer.. use less points where the route is straight route. Like instead of using 10 points just to get across the free way.. use like 5. It doesn't make too much of a difference as you should be still going the same path.

Anyway Hope that helps you a little.

LCJ feel free to copy and paste this to the top if you want.. like FAQ

jmrg2992
    • jmrg2992

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:33 PM

thanks doublepulse for aswering
    well i already try the slow trip on the first question and well ain't perfect a lot , but the friendly actors make drive-bys when the enemies are close.

About the second question. well i know gotta to be something because on the GTA MIssion OG LOC Cj is aim while OG is driving the bike it should be some kind of command or something anyway.... I guess i just gonna to put on the intro text that its better to intrduce that cheat LOL.

3rd Question

You're rigth man, more than 100 means automatical crash. But well im gonna try to reduce the points a bit to see what hapen.

Also thanks for asking my question

but i got a new question LOL :S, well how i put an actor directly into a car. i want to create a motorbike that follows player behind but this would after a cut scene . in the last cut scene the actor is driving the bike but ON ROUTE POINTS. so i hide the actor/bike after that cut scene. and i create a new actor and a new bike which has the command to follow player behind. but how i put it directly into the car? ...

thanks.

LnDProductions
    • LnDProductions

Mack Pimp

• Members
    • Lithuania

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:39 PM

but i got a new question LOL :S, well how i put an actor directly into a car. i want to create a motorbike that follows player behind but this would after a cut scene . in the last cut scene the actor is driving the bike but ON ROUTE POINTS. so i hide the actor/bike after that cut scene. and i create a new actor and a new bike which has the command to follow player behind. but how i put it directly into the car? ...

Animations = Sit in Nearest Car
    I hope it helps tounge.gif

Doublepulse
    • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:52 PM

I do not think you can put the player in the passenger seat. It would be good if you can.. but the characters in gta are always relying on you to do all the driving.. lol damn lazy people can't drive themselves

jmrg2992
    • jmrg2992

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:37 PM

Thanks LeonCJ well, talking about what doublepulse say Im agree, but in some missions CJ is the passenger like the Big smoke mission in da bike and well , ill be back if i got more questions LOL

Doublepulse
    • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:15 AM

Im just bumping to bring this to the top. It seems theres alot of people who are making a new thread for just one simple question, some are just the same question... Hopefully if I bump this people would ask the question here so we can put it on here and save space!

twannie1997
    • twannie1997

Thug

• Members
    • Netherlands

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:51 AM

i have been working on my mission 'Hasta la vista, Danny'
    but he comes from behind the locked stretch, and he goes to another parked car, enters and crashes the building. path bug?

pauliux2
    • pauliux2

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:59 PM

I know LCJ that you disrespect me but...sometimes Checkpoint disappears creating a mission and that really sucks...Because i cant see how big is it,or how small..

GTA!!!
    • GTA!!!

DYOM Mission Designer!

• Members

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (pauliux2 @ Oct 20 2010, 20:29)
    I know LCJ that you disrespect me but...sometimes Checkpoint disappears creating a mission and that really sucks...Because i cant see how big is it,or how small..

Check the sixth point:-
    http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=414039

pauliux2
    • pauliux2

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:44 PM

Thanks

LnDProductions
    • LnDProductions

Mack Pimp

• Members
    • Lithuania

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (pauliux2 @ Oct 20 2010, 14:59)

Dude I disrespect you for... some sh*t... Ask anything anytime, all and even me going to answer it tounge.gif

pauliux2
    • pauliux2

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:27 AM

Ok..One more problem..When i am playing a mission,i am entering checkpoint and nothing happens..It happend a few times to my missions

JOJOXX
    • JOJOXX

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (pauliux2 @ Oct 21 2010, 09:27)
    Ok..One more problem..When i am playing a mission,i am entering checkpoint and nothing happens..It happend a few times to my missions

Look out so where is the checkpoint.If you move up a little or down will not be activated or the checkpoint size is to slow.

LnDProductions
    • LnDProductions

Mack Pimp

• Members
    • Lithuania

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:38 PM

Bumping the thread so that people could ask help here and not spamming another topic biggrin.gif

path bug?

Umm, I think yes.

1xDarkWarriorx1
    • 1xDarkWarriorx1

Lurk moar.

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:46 PM

Ok... How do i make so when the player is teleported he has no more weapons?

Doublepulse
    • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:33 PM

1xDarkWarriorx1

Sadly it is not possible to do that. I wished it was since it would be useful for brawls. However a way to kind of bypass it is create any objective you have before you want your player to use weapons.

So you could start with no weapons and teleport him later with weapons, but I figured you already know that. Most people do anyway tounge.gif

1xDarkWarriorx1
    • 1xDarkWarriorx1

Lurk moar.

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Oct 23 2010, 20:33)
    1xDarkWarriorx1

Sadly it is not possible to do that. I wished it was since it would be useful for brawls. However a way to kind of bypass it is create any objective you have before you want your player to use weapons.

So you could start with no weapons and teleport him later with weapons, but I figured you already know that. Most people do anyway tounge.gif

Another question:How do i make a plane take off and something like im supposed to destroy it with a rpg or something while its flying,I do it like that,Add objective enemy,set "Nearest car enter" animation,set route point,and as soon as he starts flying,BOOM! the plane exploded,there is a movie in DYOM site (or somewhere else) By dutchy were a dodo flys and dutchy destroys it with a rpg and MISSION PASSED appears,Any idea how to do that?

LnDProductions
    • LnDProductions

Mack Pimp

• Members
    • Lithuania

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (1xDarkWarriorx1 @ Oct 23 2010, 23:07)
    QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Oct 23 2010, 20:33)
    1xDarkWarriorx1

Another question:How do i make a plane take off and something like im supposed to destroy it with a rpg or something while its flying,I do it like that,Add objective enemy,set "Nearest car enter" animation,set route point,and as soon as he starts flying,BOOM! the plane exploded,there is a movie in DYOM site (or somewhere else) By dutchy were a dodo flys and dutchy destroys it with a rpg and MISSION PASSED appears,Any idea how to do that?

That's simple, Objectives = Add Car = Destroy car ON/OFF

Doublepulse
    • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:59 PM

Im just bumping this thread so it doesnt get lost in the dust.

I dont mean to offend anyone, but it would be nice to see the questions or any help questions in this thread, as it gets a little annoying seeing new threads for 1 question.

It would be nice to get this thread stickied.

Also I would like to repeat, LCJ doesnt have to be the only one to answer questions on this thread. Feel free to answer questions as well.

armatzur12
    • armatzur12

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:02 PM

i have a problem here

http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=8901

look at this site theres picture and look theres white things there is writed vagos building and after that look some white weird thing hwlp plz how can i fix it

Doublepulse
    • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:08 PM

armatzur12,

Im not totally sure what causes that, however my assumption is it has something to do with colored text. Sometimes when I play and make missions, few funky characters or letters appear after the sentence.

Solution: Try removing the colored text. Or try to change it using a white font or something at the end. However it isnt really a big deal.. unless it causes the mission to crash, but yea try changing the title

armatzur12
    • armatzur12

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:26 PM

ok

Doublepulse
    • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:42 AM

I actually have a question myself! I probably will figure it out maybe before a reply, but I dont think so.

Im little lost how you make pictures for San Andreas.

Q: How do you make the images to post on your missions or topics? Like when you are about to download, You see a ingame image of the mission.

How did you make the image? And Where do you post it?

armatzur12
    • armatzur12

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:33 AM

ok i tell you when u are in game and your mission is ready then take screenshot in game where ever u want then go to paint paste it there then hit file top of the left corner then save as and now read carefully there is one thing u need to change it to jpeg and then u can upload picture

GTASanAndreasBOSS
    • GTASanAndreasBOSS

Dyom mission creator

• Members

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:07 AM

This isnt a question. Im looking for someone who makes banners or pics for mission series like your Episodes from LV series i need some one who can Make a banner for my missons like that if you have anyone to recomend plz tell me. I didnt start a new topic becuae its just one question.

LnDProductions
    • LnDProductions

Mack Pimp

• Members
    • Lithuania

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:08 PM

You mean like a logo? If yes... Use PhotoScape. (download it and install it and learn how to use it. Don't worry it's easy)

Anyway, not me only have to answer, like Doublepulse said. Everybody can ask everybody answer. I just made a thread, that's all. tounge.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
    • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:24 AM Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 06 January 2011 - 01:37 PM.

Hello. I'm using DYOM for quite a while and I was wondering how can I make that when I teleport myself in a car, that it is not CJ? After the cutscene, for example, I want my playable character to end up in a driver's seat (sit in nearest car) but it's always CJ and I want that my character then would be someone else. How can I make that? Is it possible at all?

Thanks in forward,

Jimmy

darkest knigh x
    • darkest knigh x

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:06 PM

go to objectives special objectives and then theres a teleport to car and make sure u take no marker when u need to choose marker color and when u need to write text for the objective dont write nothing just hit space or enter anyway try my first mission http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=9096 sorry for my bad english im new

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users