Photo

Dota 2

50 replies to this topic
AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Members

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE (Law0070 @ Friday, Aug 26 2011, 00:30)
I actually made a Thread about DotA 1 on these forums...hope you don't care i post a linky here...it wasn't much of a success, didn't seem like a popular game on these forums lol

You see the reason why Moba-games aren't popular on these forums in the post above mine. 90% of the gamers on this board would rather play no-brainers instead of RTS's.

Indi
  • Indi

Don't cross the streams.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:03 AM Edited by Indi, 26 August 2011 - 06:11 AM.

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Thursday, Aug 25 2011, 23:40)
They must be idiots to choose some retarded dota 2 over BF3, Diablo 3 and Skyrim and other nice games.

Clearly isn't retarded if the majority voted DoTA 2 over other games.

You can have your opinions about what you like e.t.c., but for f*cks sake; if the majority of people voted DoTA 2 instead of dem "other nice games" then it isn't retarded. In your eyes it is, but to others is not.

I suggest you add the gold old "in my opinion" in your posts. I do not wish to flame nor do I wish to cause an arguement and ruin the topic, but come on. You know where I'm going with this. I don't f*cking like CoD anymore yet I stay away from the f*cking topics and go "Oh if you're buying the sh*t then that's cool bro", I really don't care, it's ignorance though to just blatantly trash people's tastes.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:07 AM Edited by The-King, 26 August 2011 - 06:39 AM.

So, still surprised no-one else here has come to the conclusion that Street Mix is an ignorant whiny bitch who should just be ignored because arguing with him is like trying to convince a senile hobo he isn't Abraham Lincon and just because you're rockin' a stache doesn't mean you're Johh Wilkes Booth out for blood.

Please, Street Mix, for everyone's sake, pull your head out of your ass, or just quit posting; please and thank you.

We get it, you hate Steam and dislike Valve, please, for the love of god, take it somewhere else.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

In the beginning there was Jack

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:12 AM

We get it, you hate Steam and dislike Valve, please, for the love of god, take it somewhere else.

No I hate nerdy dumb DotA and so does every normal adequate person in the world. I don't care if it would be developed by Rockstar, CD Projekt or Paradox, dota would be always sh*t.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Friday, Aug 26 2011, 15:12)

No I hate nerdy dumb DotA and so does every normal adequate person in the world. I don't care if it would be developed by Rockstar, CD Projekt or Paradox, dota would be always sh*t.

I don't hate DoTA. And it ain't nerdy dumb too. You're the nerdy dumb.

Your opinion isn't the only f*cking opinion in the world Street Mix. No one likes you.

Back to DoTA, is there a list of confirmed playable characters yet? Me wants Shadow Shaman bad smile.gif

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Friday, Aug 26 2011, 01:12)

Go back in your hole.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Friday, Aug 26 2011, 02:12)

I'd advise you to keep your ignorant comments to yourself, leave the topic and relax.
Why are you so hostile over people liking a certain game?
That has to be one of the more ridiculous things I see on this forum.

Everyone else, back on topic please.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Members

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Friday, Aug 26 2011, 09:18)
Back to DoTA, is there a list of confirmed playable characters yet? Me wants Shadow Shaman bad smile.gif

I'm pretty sure all the original heroes will be there, along with some new ones.

Street Mix, do please tell us what's your grief with DotA or f*ck off.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (AreXi @ Friday, Aug 26 2011, 02:26)
Street Mix, do please tell us what's your grief with DotA...

I see no problem with that as long as he keeps it civil.

If he doesn't, he might as well...

QUOTE (AreXi)
...f*ck off.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:00 AM

Why are you so hostile over people liking a certain game?

I've never seen a normal gamer in my country playing dota. NEVER. And I don't believe in USA things are different.

That has to be one of the more ridiculous things I see on this forum.

Surely GTA 4 hate or MW3 hate are OK on this forum but dota 2 is not? Oh How could I forgot - dota 2 is developed by "saint and divine" Valve. Say honestly people - would you care about it if it wouldn't be developed by Valve? I doubt.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Members

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:14 AM Edited by AreXi, 26 August 2011 - 08:22 AM.

Yeah, I would. I just happen to like Moba games, I played the original DotA, DotA All-Stars and I've played some HoN and about 1000 hours of LoL.

Guinsoo and IceFrog are both from US (they were DotA designers).
S2 Games, which made HoN, is based in California.
Riot Games, which made LoL, is based in California.

While most of the all stars players of Moba games come from Asia and Europe, North America is also pretty big on these things.

It might look even a bit less sad if there were more people on these boards publicly hating Dota 2, but it's just you alone, and you're posting in this very topic. Hate for GTA IV is self-explanatory, it's GTAForums after all. Hate for MW3 happens usually outside MW3 topic. If not, the users get warned/banned.
Why Murdoc hasn't warned/banned you yet is most likely because you're merely amusing us.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:20 AM

Why Murdoc hasn't warned/banned you yet is most likely because you're merely amusing us.

Yeah!! Warn/ban everyone who has his own opinion and point of view.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Friday, Aug 26 2011, 04:20)

Thanks for leaving the topic like I asked.

This has nothing to do with opinions, and all to do with you being a dick.
Calling people retards and whatnot because you personally don't like a game/developer, or even worse, because you've never seen anyone play it is not acceptable behavior on this forum or for anyone above the age of 8.

This is your last chance.

Don't post here again.

Law0070
  • Law0070

Not Your God...

• Members

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Friday, Aug 26 2011, 10:20)

O_Q

most people that want to inform us about their point of view do this in a polite way without accusing others of being a nerd/geek and nolifer
this is NOT how you do it, and you know it, so be a good boy and listen to murdoc

people asked which heroes there were in dota 2, I heard it's all the original dota heroes...so it should be okay, it's actually just a standalone makeover of the old DotA map wink.gif nothing more really...except some tweaks and (as i think) a change in the shopping system?

I just hope icefrog keeps updating the original DotA, with new heroes etc and AI (from PleaseBugMeNot & Co)

and when new heroes are added to the original DotA these should be ported over to DotA 2 and be implemented with a free update? after all, that's how DotA 1 does the job....but I think Valve will do a great job supporting the game smile.gif

lkkarus
  • lkkarus

Trick

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:16 PM

All heroes from Dota 1 and some new ones yes.

IceFrog hasn't been updating Dota 1 for a while, it's been someone else.

Anyone see the Dota 2 finals, who won?

Law0070
  • Law0070

Not Your God...

• Members

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (lkkarus @ Friday, Aug 26 2011, 21:16)
All heroes from Dota 1 and some new ones yes.

IceFrog hasn't been updating Dota 1 for a while, it's been someone else.

Anyone see the Dota 2 finals, who won?

na'vi smile.gif

most competitors were asian or whatever, lol..na'vi was romanian -.-"

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

Na'Vi are Ukrainian. yawn.gif

Anyway, they really ported over all of the Dota 1 heroes?

Seemed in the tournament everyone used pretty much the same heroes all the time. Would think there's a balancing job to be done then, cuz that's just boring. :c

Law0070
  • Law0070

Not Your God...

• Members

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:11 PM Edited by Law0070, 26 August 2011 - 09:39 PM.

Street Mix (strangely enough) corrected me on that as well via PM...to me most balkan stuff (just got a pm they aren't balkan, leave me alone lol! xD) is 90% the same lol...but that's just me

and hmmm i saw quite some diversity..though one thing i wondered...why nerubian weaver? in my and a friend of mine's opinion he sucks confused.gif

Chorup
  • Chorup

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:14 AM

Anyone else in the beta at this stage?

I got my key 4 weeks or so ago and love it so far. Definitely brings back the feel and gameplay of the original dota. I've pretty much stopped playing HoN now and just enjoying playing all the classic heroes. There's still a lot of things that need to be fixed, and some balancing on a few of the heroes wouldn't hurt, but it's great considering the game is still in the early stages of development.

Can't wait for techies to be released!!

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

I have the beta, and it seems to be a solid game. I'm just a bit bored because I don't have anyone to play with, and I suck too much at these games to play with anyone who actually knows how it works. tounge.gif

Law0070
  • Law0070

Not Your God...

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (jelly @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 22:31)
I have the beta, and it seems to be a solid game. I'm just a bit bored because I don't have anyone to play with, and I suck too much at these games to play with anyone who actually knows how it works. tounge.gif

do you have any spare beta keys?
@chorup, early stage? D: 't was to be released in the end of 2011

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users